Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255937 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

Bradford, UK

#170441 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the beings of the lower planes of the cosmic manifestation who arrogate to themselves the title of G-d or God are materializations of a higher causal reality in manifestation.
explain with real proof...using pictures and videos

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170442 Apr 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I said to the lunatic of Mumabi is that even if he labels the creation out of nothing as absurd or silly, he does the same with his unproven belief.
You accept what the Bible testifies? The Bible doesn't testify anything, it just makes affermations and certain people wanted to believe it without any rational explication.
If the Bible says God was angry and sent down the great flood, you believe it although it's already proven either logically and scientifically, such an event that covered up the entire planet of water never taken place.
I'm not here to discuss the validity of the flood account right now. I will keep this simple because it was the point of always being in existence (not the flood account) that I was responding to, Colonna.

I believe, and understand that there could be a force that was "always there." That never had a beginning. I do not claim to understand how this is, but just like things had a beginning, it is possible that some thing, namely God, did not have a beginning. I explained how I reason this within myself. We (you and I) know we have a beginning. We also know we will have an end. Since we have a beginning, but do not really KNOW (by conscious recognition) our personal beginning, since I don't THINK a zygote says to itself, "I'm here..." or knows when it's being formed), we by makeup cannot really understand what it means to have no beginning. Because we know most things have a beginning. I think that is how we are made. That is my belief. Even though we don't "know" when things started (such as what came first and when did it come about or how did it really come about, the seed or the tree?, male and female birds, etc.).

It is not beyond the realm of reasoning to recognize that something did not have a beginning. While hardly understood because we (you are I) are finite, it is possible that something was "always there." That is all I meant in response to the issue you were handling. I was tending to agree, not disagree with you.

Location hidden

#170443 Apr 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I see your answer, it looks like you keep your head in your arse!
(I wonder if Shamma's is a learned, automated response when he cannot answer or understand something? Yes, I suppose so. consider a sigh here.)

Location hidden

#170444 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>But there is nothing in those attributes that account for the actions taken by God.
What is God?
All those attributes you mention can be attributed to any person.
You really don't understand, do you. Let me put it this way to you -- it is sad that people, ANYONE -- hurts others, physically, spiritually, or emotionally. Try to understand the word -- anyone. But you really do never show faith or understanding of God. The attributes listed cannot be held by just "any person." I have never felt like calling you a dolt, but today is different.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170445 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
A fanatical retard like you will not understand Jesus.
Jesus was a yogi of quite a high order and was united in consciousness with the typal being of the 7th cosmic plane.
The NT has quite a few references to Jesus' mystical experiences.
Is this a reference to yogic faculties?
"When thy eyes are single, thy body is filled with light."
(Matt 6:22)
(smiles)
So what? That doesnt mean he was a yogi. Only you believe he was a yogi. Everyone who claims to have a mystical experience is a yogi?You are no different than those who see Jesus in pizza or vomit.

Location hidden

#170446 Apr 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is bullshit, Fool!
There is nothing great in it. Even the English is bad! It sounds like an Indian English style.
Should have been "My Father and I.........."
something out of a bad Bollywood movie

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170447 Apr 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware of the fact that he did so and if he did it then well his behavior was not befitting of a yogi.
Shema and other such things are stupid and aimed at retards and have been devised by retards.
There's nothing sublime or profound about Shema.
Are you not aware that Yeshua made shema?

Weren't you the self-claimed disciple of him and that through yogic vision you have seen all your past experiences (lives)?

Fake Yogi and liar.

Expected.

Location hidden

#170448 Apr 2, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here to discuss the validity of the flood account right now. I will keep this simple because it was the point of always being in existence (not the flood account) that I was responding to, Colonna.
I believe, and understand that there could be a force that was "always there." That never had a beginning. I do not claim to understand how this is, but just like things had a beginning, it is possible that some thing, namely God, did not have a beginning. I explained how I reason this within myself. We (you and I) know we have a beginning. We also know we will have an end. Since we have a beginning, but do not really KNOW (by conscious recognition) our personal beginning, since I don't THINK a zygote says to itself, "I'm here..." or knows when it's being formed), we by makeup cannot really understand what it means to have no beginning. Because we know most things have a beginning. I think that is how we are made. That is my belief. Even though we don't "know" when things started (such as what came first and when did it come about or how did it really come about, the seed or the tree?, male and female birds, etc.).
It is not beyond the realm of reasoning to recognize that something did not have a beginning. While hardly understood because we (you are I) are finite, it is possible that something was "always there." That is all I meant in response to the issue you were handling. I was tending to agree, not disagree with you.
We as human beings are finite. Looking to a different angle things get different. Didn't you know that the elements in our body, the ones that make up our bodies and that are heavier than hydrogen and helium come from long dead stars? Calcium from our bones, the oxygen we breath, the iron in red blood cells and carbon of our blood ect, are products of nuclear fusions of stars that were thrown into space by supernovae billions years ago.

In this sense we are older than you can ever imaging. We are always in trasformation, even after death.

Are you seriously asking what came first the seed or the tree? Don't tell me you still don't know who came first the egg or hen?

Location hidden

#170449 Apr 2, 2013
The Nazarene was a mystic not a yogi.

Location hidden

#170450 Apr 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
We as human beings are finite. Looking to a different angle things get different. Didn't you know that the elements in our body, the ones that make up our bodies and that are heavier than hydrogen and helium come from long dead stars? Calcium from our bones, the oxygen we breath, the iron in red blood cells and carbon of our blood ect, are products of nuclear fusions of stars that were thrown into space by supernovae billions years ago.
In this sense we are older than you can ever imaging. We are always in trasformation, even after death.
Are you seriously asking what came first the seed or the tree? Don't tell me you still don't know who came first the egg or hen?
I don't know -- maybe it was a rooster, lol! I can't think that far back. Well, I'll say this -- I don't think the elements think. LOL! Anyway, have a nice day(?) It's 5:30 PM here.:-) I know, that's what they say -- it's all a result of atom upon atom in some unheralded little bit of particle, etc., piece by piece, etc., then a few explosions, etc. Another fantastic story. You believe that, and I'll believe that God is the One that did it all.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170451 Apr 2, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
that would be YOUR "Bible", as noone else would agree with your ideas.
Smile.
You ignorance suites your lack of intelligence.

Location hidden

#170452 Apr 2, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know -- maybe it was a rooster, lol! I can't think that far back. Well, I'll say this -- I don't think the elements think. LOL! Anyway, have a nice day(?) It's 5:30 PM here.:-) I know, that's what they say -- it's all a result of atom upon atom in some unheralded little bit of particle, etc., piece by piece, etc., then a few explosions, etc. Another fantastic story. You believe that, and I'll believe that God is the One that did it all.
Here is 12:22 AM. The simple fact you have no idea that in Europe is night simply indicates your ignorance of simple facts and lack of thinking, and it's more than natural that a person like you go after the Bible, and label a scientific theory as a fantastic story.

You stated you have taken Science course, and evolution was studied by you and you can't figure out the solution behind the paradox chicken-egg?

Anyway, good night.

Location hidden

#170453 Apr 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is 12:22 AM. The simple fact you have no idea that in Europe is night simply indicates your ignorance of simple facts and lack of thinking, and it's more than natural that a person like you go after the Bible, and label a scientific theory as a fantastic story.
You stated you have taken Science course, and evolution was studied by you and you can't figure out the solution behind the paradox chicken-egg?
Anyway, good night.
LOL, I didn't know what part of "night" it is where you are at. I'd have to check my clock. You are quick to insult, aren't you? Anyway -- have a good night's sleep, and hope it's nice weather where you're at tomorrow --(Yes, this here business about particles latching on to particles, and then becoming stars is a bit amazing, but then -- you weren't there, the universe is a fabulous thing, it holds me in amazement, and remember -- not everyone is as smart as you are to really know which came first, and how stars were really formed, atom upon atom, etc. and so forth.:-) The first particle just happened to be, lol. Space just also happened.

Location hidden

#170454 Apr 2, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't understand, do you. Let me put it this way to you -- it is sad that people, ANYONE -- hurts others, physically, spiritually, or emotionally. Try to understand the word -- anyone. But you really do never show faith or understanding of God. The attributes listed cannot be held by just "any person." I have never felt like calling you a dolt, but today is different.
You are a child of Satan, the same as BMZ is.

You both create your own God for your own selfish reasons.
So don't give me your bull-shit about not knowing God or understanding God.

The list of attributes to God by BMZ was faulty just like your mind NQ and BMZ's mind is faulty of God.

His list indicates his immoral values that allows him to lie and reject the truth of God.
Just the same as your faulty mental state of mind is comparable to the faulty state of mind of BMZ.

You do not know because of your stupidity what was missing from BMZ's list of attributes to God that kept his list as can be attributed to any person.

You are a child of Satan because you do believe like BMZ that God
can commit sin.
That is why BMZ did not list:
Impeccability

The impeccability of God is closely related to his holiness. It means that God is unable to sin, which is a stronger statement than merely saying that God does not sin.[20] Hebrews 6:18 says that "it is impossible for God to lie". God does not have the "absolute freedom" found in Greek philosophy. Whereas "the Greeks assumed the gods were 'free' to become demons if they so chose," the God of the Bible "is 'free' to act only in conformity to His nature."[21]

With out Impeccability BMZ'S attributes can be attributed to any person.
So once again you show your stupidity and ignorance of God.

Location hidden

#170455 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a child of Satan, the same as BMZ is.
You both create your own God for your own selfish reasons.
So don't give me your bull-shit about not knowing God or understanding God.
The list of attributes to God by BMZ was faulty just like your mind NQ and BMZ's mind is faulty of God.
His list indicates his immoral values that allows him to lie and reject the truth of God.
Just the same as your faulty mental state of mind is comparable to the faulty state of mind of BMZ.
You do not know because of your stupidity what was missing from BMZ's list of attributes to God that kept his list as can be attributed to any person.
You are a child of Satan because you do believe like BMZ that God
can commit sin.
That is why BMZ did not list:
Impeccability
The impeccability of God is closely related to his holiness. It means that God is unable to sin, which is a stronger statement than merely saying that God does not sin.[20] Hebrews 6:18 says that "it is impossible for God to lie". God does not have the "absolute freedom" found in Greek philosophy. Whereas "the Greeks assumed the gods were 'free' to become demons if they so chose," the God of the Bible "is 'free' to act only in conformity to His nature."[21]
With out Impeccability BMZ'S attributes can be attributed to any person.
So once again you show your stupidity and ignorance of God.
yeah ok to you and also to Colonna.

Location hidden

#170456 Apr 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop making a fool of yourself.
Answer my questions properly or be decent enough to admit failure.
Do you eat bananas or do you suck on bananas?
Or do you do both?

Tell me which do you do?

Location hidden

#170457 Apr 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Smile.
You ignorance suites your lack of intelligence.
nothing to do with your post

you are coward - someone questions you and you run
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170458 Apr 2, 2013
The books are doctored. Jesus never prayed or went down on his knees. He gave all that up due to his long stay in his youth away from his native land and after the crucifixion he went back to the same place. His grave is in Rozabal in Kashmir. Jesus always functioned from a higher plane of consciousness - somewhere between the vital and the higher mind and at times his consciousness merged with his source which is the illumined mind plane.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170459 Apr 2, 2013
Mystic versus yogi? What's the difference? LOL.
John

Australia

#170460 Apr 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never run away from questions. The entire board knows that and running away is your game.
I dare not criticize the God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus because that God is mine too. I can criticize your absurd man-made Triune God freely because it does not exist.
The attributes of God of Abraham are plenty, about 99. You can check out most of them by googling. You will not find many attributes of God in your NT.
Some grand atributes, which :
Rab-bul A'ala (The LORD Most High)
El-Ely-yun (The LORD Most High), closer to Hebrew El Elyon.
El-Khaliq (The Creator)
Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent)
Al-Ghafoor)(Forgives sins)
Ar-Raheem (The Most Merciful)
Al-Wadood (Extremely loving)
Al-Qawi-ul-Aziz (Mighty and Powerful)
Al-Fatir (Wonderful Originator/Creator)
Al-Wahid (The only One) closer to Yachid in Hebrew.
Al-Ahad (The only One) closer to Echad of the Shema in Hebrew.
Question: Do you recite the Shema everyday? If you don't, what is the reason? Jesus used to recite it three times daily.
Bwahhahhahhahhah!
All you do is run away from the questions about islam and drivel bullshit about Christianity.
Answer us muztard.
How can a raping, murdering, paedophile, looting, dictatorial tyrant like MooHamMad possibly be a prophet fron God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
O Say! 1 min Allah 1
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min uyan 502,852
Sita,Durga,Parwati,kaali me sabse badhi Randi k... (Nov '15) 54 min VOICE 67
Star Wars was inspired by Islam 2 hr Marco the atheist 8
News Slovakia Bars Islam from Becoming Official Reli... 4 hr Stop Islamization 2
News NMSU student promotes understanding with free Q... 5 hr Stop Islamization 1
Arabic term word Allah SIMPLY Translate as God (Sep '15) 5 hr MUSLIMs R ILLTERATES 114
I testify that there is no Allah 6 hr Lucifer 48
More from around the web