Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169285 Mar 24, 2013
Moses, Jesus and Muhammad - deluded rascals.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169286 Mar 24, 2013
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"
—John 8:46
Muslims are sometimes taught that all prophets of God were sinless. That again is a deviation from the facts. Only Jesus is called sinless or holy (Surat 19:19), while we read of the sins of Adam (Surat 7:22-23), Moses (28:15-16), Abraham (26:82), Jonah (37:141-144), David (38:24-25), and also of Muhammad (40:55, 47:19, 48:1-2).
For us to do the work of God includes believing in Jesus:
"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
—John 6:29
To reject Jesus is to reject God.
"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
—Luke 10:16

Location hidden

#169287 Mar 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Moses, Jesus and Muhammad - deluded rascals.
The only rascal is Muhammad.

Location hidden

#169288 Mar 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
VIOLENT WORDS OF ANOTHER INFERIOR BEING - JESUS:
1)“36…… and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”
- Luke, 22/36
2) Christ also declared in the New Testament (Matthew, 10/34) that he has come not for peace but to wield a sword.
3) Jesus also says in another chapter of the New Testament (John, 15/6) that one who does not seek shelter in him, will be thrown like a withered branch of tree fit to be burnt in fire.
4) Christ categorically says in the New Testament (Mark, 16/16) that he who believes and is baptized, shall be saved, while he who does not believe (in Christ and Christianity) shall be damned.
5)“27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke, 19/27
And, ironically, Jesus is called the Prince of Peace. He was a fanatic and a man of violent and megalomanical tendencies. Shame.
1. It is a parable.
For no ware in Scripture does it say that the disciples used a sword to defend them self against an enemy.

Our Lord gave notice of a very great change of circumstances now approaching. The disciples must not expect that their friends would be kind to them as they had been. Therefore, he that has a purse, let him take it, for he may need it. They must now expect that their enemies would be more fierce than they had been, and they would need weapons. At the time the apostles understood Christ to mean real weapons, but he spake only of the weapons of the spiritual warfare. The sword of the Spirit is the sword with which the disciples of Christ must furnish themselves.

Luke 22:35 Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered.

2. A spiritual sword, the sword of truth.

3.Meaning if you do not cling to the truth I have given you, you will be weak like a whethered branch of tree fit to burnt in the fire.

4. For they reject God who sent Jesus.

5. Those that don't want Jesus to be King will be brought before Jesus at the last judgment and slain in front of Jesus and will be thrown in the the Fires of hell.

While we live God gives every one the opportunity to come to him by our own free will.

That is the justice of God.
No one is forced to come to God nor is anyone forced to reject God.

You make up your own choice.

You may think its unfair but:
The realization is we cannot escape that reality that confronts us in our life.

When God created us He created us with out sin and intended for us to live having a communion relationship with Him for ever.

But Satan and Adam and Eve screwed things up.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169289 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot blot out the truth; Jesus is the Son of God.
That Jesus is the son of God, is really bull shit, Shamma.

Location hidden

#169290 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is the son of God, is really bull shit, Shamma.
Allah being one cannot be every where at the same time.
Allah being one cannot hear or see all things.
Allah is limited in is powers.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169291 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This so-called Sacred Tradition is just an opinion of ignorant and confused fools, who never sat in the company of Jesus or his disciples or their grandchildren.
It is not reliable and trustworthy at all. It is like the laughing gas.
Duh, Sacred Tradtion came directly from those who knew and were taught by Jesus; that is why it is called Sacred.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169292 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! Another piece of misinformation.
Prove mohammad was a descendent of Abraham.

The BV Marye was a descendent of Abraham:

http://home.inreach.com/bstanley/geneal.htm
bmz

Location hidden

#169293 Mar 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus last words to the Disciples:
39 days after his resurrection from the dead Jesus was taken up to heaven before the very eyes of his disciples. His last words to them were:
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age."
—Matthew 28:18-20
Matthew 28:18-20 is a confirmed forgery. We already done that. Why did you bring up that bullshit forged verse again, which is even rejected by Christian and other Western scholars?

If the poor chap had received authority, he would have succeeded. That he failed, means he was given no authority and by the way, the so-called authority came too late.

Peter kept on baptizing the new converts only in Jesus' name. That already vaporizes and blasts Matthew 28:18-20 forgery.

Jesus was in no position to issue commands.
bmz

Location hidden

#169294 Mar 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove mohammad was a descendent of Abraham.
The BV Marye was a descendent of Abraham:
http://home.inreach.com/bstanley/geneal.htm
No!
Mary was a Levite and her father came from the family of Aaron. Check with Mullah Luke, please.
bmz

Location hidden

#169295 Mar 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Allah being one cannot be every where at the same time.
Allah being one cannot hear or see all things.
Allah is limited in is powers.
So, your point is that three scattered fools of the Trinity can be all over the place?
bmz

Location hidden

#169296 Mar 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It is a parable.

For no ware in Scripture does it say that the disciples used a sword to defend them self against an enemy.

When God created us He created us with out sin and intended for us to live having a communion relationship with Him for ever.
But Satan and Adam and Eve screwed things up.
Every nonsense and absurdity in your Bible, when criticized, becomes parable.

Peter the violent drew the sword and cut off someone's piece of ear. Right?

Satan, Adam and Eve screwed nothing up. It is just that Satan leaked the plan earlier and deceived them.

God was going to let them eat the fruit anyway, later. Please do not bring the filthy doctrine of sin into that story. The failure of Jesus' mission had nothing to do with Adam and Eve.
bmz

Location hidden

#169297 Mar 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You can say its a lie. but the truth is Jesus is the Son of God.
Blessed be God
Blessed be His Holy Name Jesus.
"I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in my Father's name and you do not accept me, but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him."
—John 5:42-43
Muslims accept Muhammad as their God.
No, Shamma

Islam and Judaism do not teach worship of a man. It is Christianity that asks her adherents to worship a man, who is known as Jesus.

Muhammad like Jesus was an obedient slave or servant of God. Jesus was the 2nd last slave of God.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#169298 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Shamma
Islam and Judaism do not teach worship of a man. It is Christianity that asks her adherents to worship a man, who is known as Jesus.
Muhammad like Jesus was an obedient slave or servant of God. Jesus was the 2nd last slave of God.
Was mad mo "an obedient slave or servant of God" when he was raping and murdering all those innocent people?
Was mad mo "an obedient slave or servant of God" when he was molesting those children?
Was mad mo "an obedient slave or servant of God" when he was looting those conquered cities?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169299 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
Mary was a Levite and her father came from the family of Aaron. Check with Mullah Luke, please.
Either way she is a descendent of Abraham.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169300 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Shamma
muslims worship mohammad; whom God never spoke to, but only an unknown spirit at best; mohamad could have made it all up.
bmz

Location hidden

#169301 Mar 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?" John 8:46
Another forgery. This forgery came from some scribe, who wrote it after receiving instructions from the doctors of sin.

No one accused Jesus of any sin and the words 'guilty of sin' are ridiculously absurd!

John 8:45 Everything I have told you is true, and you still refuse to have faith in me. 46 Can any of you accuse me of sin? If you cannot, why won’t you have faith in me? After all, I am telling you the truth.

Jesus was talking about lie and truth. What he meant was: "Can any one of you accuse me for lying or doing any thing wrong or any thing bad?"

All translations by lying sinners, use the inappropriate word sin, which is not applicable at all.

Only one translation speaks the truth:

WWE NT: "Which one of you can prove that what I have done is bad? I tell you what is true. Why then do you not believe me? "

bmz

Location hidden

#169302 Mar 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
muslims worship mohammad; whom God never spoke to, but only an unknown spirit at best; mohamad could have made it all up.
No, Paul

Muslims do not worship Muhammad. Only Christianity teaches worship of a man, who never said that he was God.
bmz

Location hidden

#169303 Mar 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way she is a descendent of Abraham.
Anyway, Jesus was not a descendant of any man. The man had no father and nobody fathered Jesus.
bmz

Location hidden

#169304 Mar 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Made up stories are told in the following manner:

Jesus was the son of God. Jesus was God Incarnate. Jesus was God in flesh. Jesus was the Father.
Jesus was God. Jesus was the burning bush. Jesus was the I am of Moses and spoke to him as bush and Jesus was this and Jesus was that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 520,968
Rabbeen Al Jihad changed job from ISIS to Al-Qaeda 26 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 8
News Muslim group slams #Trump on mosque closing (Oct '15) 3 hr stop islamphobia 12
News Video of fight with Syrian, Canadian students s... 3 hr Prophet Meowmed 5
ISLAM is coming no matter what HATERS DO!!!! 3 hr Hank Jr 23
Community of "Peace" a Testimony in Quran 21 hr J_a_n 7
Jose & Maria 21 hr J_a_n 8
More from around the web