Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251048 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168321 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are multitaskers.
Multimurderers- Killing Millions of Jews over 1800 years based upon a FALSE charge of deicide?

Is it ok to STEAL their books, CHANGE them, CREATE a mangod as an insult to all Jews, ACCUSE them of Christ killing, PERSECUTE them, MURDER them in their MILLIONS, almost WIPING THEM OFF planet earth!

Jesus by the way is NOT God but a JEWISH man!

How come you are unable to answer ONE question properly?

What happened to my challenge on Quran of 652AD and your "holy" bible exactly from that year as used by majority of "holy" christians?

Thank you.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168322 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You owe me a million dollars Alex.
I am HERE....
ANSWER my question properly...

We are talking about DIRECT claim from Jesus.

Point out to me these exactly...and you shall have your money...
and now you shall have two million dollars with BMZ contributing $1Million.

Please produce PROOF from Jesus saying...

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

Thank you Skeptic.

Have you admitted to having made a mistake with your greece and greek yet?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168323 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are multitaskers.
Try tasking this one!!

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

Thank you.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168324 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is a gay trait instinct of same sex preference.
KIND MUSLIM PARTICIPANTS, PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENSE. THIS IS MEANT ONLY FOR SHAMMA:

Shamma, was Muhammad a pedophile?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168325 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
Was is heretical or hysterical?!!
They were all hysterical heretics.
bmz

Singapore

#168326 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The text proved that Jesus is the Son of God.
And that was it's purpose.
The text proved nothing.

If a man said or claimed that he was the son of God, the man must be on recored for saying that.

Likewise, if a man said or claimed that he was God, the man must be on record for saying that.

This is where the silly claim that Jesus claimed, flops and self-destructs!
bmz

Singapore

#168327 Mar 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
KIND MUSLIM PARTICIPANTS, PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENSE. THIS IS MEANT ONLY FOR SHAMMA:

No worries, Eric. You have already clarifies. We understand the line of questioning.
bmz

Singapore

#168328 Mar 19, 2013
Correction, Eric

Should read:

No worries, Eric. You have already clarified. We understand the line of questioning.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168329 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try tasking this one!!
Thank you.
The Holy Bible was written with the reprobate in mind:

'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!' Mark 4:12

As long as you have a reprobate mind you will never understand the Mysteries of the Kingdom of God.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#168330 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01 What else is my job if not reciting the Quran daily? Quran is the "most read" book in the world for past 1400 years. If you cannot understand anything after five verses, it is YOU who are at fault and not Quran.
If you find the smell of rose "offensive" and taste of honey "disgusting"….it is YOU who should see a "mental doctor"….there is no problem with Rose and Honey.
Who said I don't understand anything after five verses? Do you comprehend what you read? Your mental deficiencies are increasing day by day. With that problem I wonder what kind of understanding you have of Quran and other books.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>02. So you "laugh" at the idiocy of "strong men moving to tears just listening to recitation of Quran"? Do you?
Well there is similitude in Quran for people like you, where it says "Then yours (Jews) hearts hardened: they became like a Rock and even worse in hardness: for among rocks there are some from which Rivers gush forth; others there are which when split asunder send forth water; and others which fell down for fear of Allah…" (2:74).
So Quran tells us that there are people whose hearts are as hard as stones and even harder than stones.
If some one wants proof, they should look at your post!!
Now do not say that you did not understand this Quranic verse!!
There is no reason to cry after or during the recitation of Quran. If that lie is somehow true then I have to think that every friday th Imams and the muslims inside the Mosque are crying, isn't it? LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168331 Mar 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad sets the example what ever he did is the law of Islam.
listen to this tape.

If Muhammad sex males or male children its the law in Islam.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#168332 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that, and Jesus also said do into others as you would have them do to you.
The Golden rule.
Muslims take advantage because Christians have not struck back at the Muslims since this crusades.
You are tickled pink knowing Muslims can kill Christians and they not struck back at Muslims.
You are tickled pink that Christians are fleeing their homelands away from the slaughtering Muslims.
Our peacetime armies are so superior to the cowardly muztard thugs that they are defeating them anyway.
Iraq has had its dictator removed. Afghanistan and Mali have been cleared of the Taliban.
Iran is next.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168333 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad sets the example what ever he did is the law of Islam.
listen to this tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q5t9U9r9KfsXX
If Muhammad sex males or male children its the law in Islam.
Your video speaks of heterosexuality.

It is alleged that Muhammad had sex with female children.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168334 Mar 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And they were not Jews before the giving of the law either. They were Hebrews. They were Israelites (as I said in my first post). They came from many many tribes.
Eric---They were Israelites (as I said in my first post)

HughBe--In your first post YOU said "Even though they were technically and more properly Israelites, I DON'T think the term was used."

It is my hope that it is not beyond your ability to understand that although they were NOT called Israelites they were Israelites. That is the essence of what you have said. Recall your words,"technically .. Israelites, I don't think the term was used".

In essence you are saying that one can be something although one is not identified in that particular manner.

I am saying in this age Jews refer to the same people/SEED and I am suggesting to you that a name change does not change the people/SEED.

Having said all of that, I have no doubt that you are NOT in agreement with me and therefore your position is that Jews were NEVER enslaved in Egypt.

I am also saying that YOU hold the view that the makers of the video that started it all are IGNORANT DUNCES who know nothing about the Jewish people.

Now to answer the jackass' question of "who let the Jews out" I would say no one as they were NEVER in Egypt.

Finally take a look at the video which was given by someone claiming to be a Jew i.e. Frijoles. It appears to me that not even that Jew claimant realized the DECEPTION of the video.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168335 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is a lovely tool.
Are YOU really saying that I should use google to find the answer to my question to YOU? Why don't you do it and tell me what you find.

Recall, my question to you was, will you be keeping Passover?

Location hidden

#168336 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
International readers have taken note of that long time ago and have found no contradictions, when the read it.
How are you, Buford? Hope all is well with you, family and friends.
An international reader
BMZ
If the international readers are Muslims then they will deny any contradiction in Quran, but if they are not, then they will point out all the contradictions. Some of them:

HOW MANY ANGELS VISITED MARY ONE OR MORE? Quran 3:42 3:45 VS Quran 19:17

Quran 3:42 And [mention] when the ANGELS said, "O Mary, indeed Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds.

Quran 3:45 [And mention] when the ANGELS said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ].

VS

Quran 19:17 And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our ANGEL, and he represented HIMSELF to her as A well-proportioned man.

IS IBLIS AN ANGEL OR JINN (DEMON)?

Quran 7:11

And We have certainly created you,[O Mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated.

It implies Iblis was an angel, being the order given to angels.

Quran 18:50

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.

Quran 18:50 says Iblis is a jinn, which automatically contradicts Quran 7:11 where the order were given to angels and Iblees was punished because he didn't obey to it.

We have some problems now:

1)Satan is an angel and therefore not a jinn, and Allah punished him for disobeying.

2)Or he is a jinn and therefore not an angel, which makes Allah unjust for blaming him for not obeying a command given to the angels and not to the jinn.

HEAVENS OR EARTH? WHICH WAS CREATED FIRST?

Quran 2:29 (Earth first)

It is He who created for you all of that which is on the earth. Then He directed Himself to the heaven,[His being above all creation], and made them seven heavens, and He is Knowing of all things.

Quran 79:27-30 (Heaven first)

Are you a more difficult creation or is the heaven? Allah constructed it. He raised its ceiling and proportioned it. And He darkened its night and extracted its brightness. And after that He spread the earth.

NOW THE SUPER CONTRADICTION (There is not first and then, they were joined together before they were split)

Quran 21:30 (no first no second)

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

And more at request...

Although the Tanakh and Bible are full of contradictions and mistakes, the Quran, the supposed word of god contain more errors and contraditions than the previous two.

John

Brisbane, Australia

#168337 Mar 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Your video speaks of heterosexuality.
It is alleged that Muhammad had sex with female children.
The freak mo started molesting poor Aisha when she was 6.

Location hidden

#168338 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is a gay trait instinct of same sex preference.
There are hetero and gay pedohpiles. But it's somehow curious that the pedo priests tend to abuse and/or rape male teenagers.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168339 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The text proved nothing.
If a man said or claimed that he was the son of God, the man must be on recored for saying that.
Likewise, if a man said or claimed that he was God, the man must be on record for saying that.
This is where the silly claim that Jesus claimed, flops and self-destructs!
Jesus did say it.

Jesus claimed to be God in ways that were pretty clear to the people He was talking to. Our problem as 21st century readers, is that we might not easily get what some of Jesus’ sayings actually meant to the people who were part of the conversation.

For example, Jesus also claimed to be divine when He said He was the ”Son of Man.” I’ll admit that the first time I heard this title, I thought it was kind of like Muhammad saying,“I am but a man like you”(Qur’an 41:6)—Now there’s a religious figure who never claimed to be God! But this isn’t what Jesus meant at all. Let’s take a look at the term,“Son of Man.”

Jesus claimed to be the Son of Man
“Son of Man” seems to be Jesus’ favorite thing to call Himself–He uses it 80 times in the New Testament Gospels. Interestingly, it’s only used 1 time outside the gospels (Acts 7:56). So this probably wasn’t something the church made up.

How many modern worship songs can you think of that use the term,“Son of Man?” We know this title didn’t emerge later on in history and it wasn’t written back into the earlier traditions about Jesus. But why is this title important?
Because it’s referring to a figure that Jews recognized as divine. Here’s what the Jewish prophet Daniel wrote (7:13-14):

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Here’s the point: The “Son of Man” in Daniel’s vision is rightful heir to the divine throne. According to the prophecy, He’ll rule forever. Nations will worship Him and His kingdom will be unstoppable.

Jesus claimed to be the Divine Messiah
The high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”“I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes.
“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked.“You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death.(63-64).

Jesus publicly claimed to be the Messiah. He claimed to be the Son of God. He even used the divine name in His answer:“I AM.” Now, at the very least, Jesus answered,“Yeah, I’m the Messiah. I’m the Son of God.” At that point, the High Priest probably thought something like,“Gotcha!”

Did Jesus Say He Was God?
But then, Jesus follows up with,“I’m also the Son of Man. And you’ll see me seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
That’s when people freaked. Why? Because Jesus basically said,”You know that guy in Daniel’s vision? That’s Me.”

The high priest didn’t misunderstand Him for a second. His response was essentially,“Yikes! You just said you’re God and everyone should worship you!” No ambiguity there. But this just expressed what Jesus already seemed to assume by walking around and doing the things He did.
Things like claiming to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-11, Luke 5:20-24). He certainly didn’t object when people worshiped Him or called Him God (John 20:28-29).

Jesus said He was God
If you’re willing to look at the historical record, you’ll find that there’s a reasonable explanation for the early Christian belief that Jesus was divine: Jesus Himself said He was God. Even people who hated Jesus attest to the fact that this is what He said about Himself.

In Jesus own words said He was.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168340 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But they werent. Why do you persist with this nonsense? Nobody buys it.
What is the SEED of Israel called today? Is it Jews?

Explain the STUPIDITY of the video that YOU gave the link to.

Why don't you educate the JACKASSES who produced the video. Recall the name of the video?

Well here it goes "Who let the Jews out/Passover"

The producers must be your fellow Judahites. Those IDIOTS don't even know that the people were NOT Jews and hence what we have is STUPIDITY which misleads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min Sheilaa 488,120
Muslim beaten for being a muslim 30 min In Berlin no less 2
News Anti-Islam preacher draws crowd, protest 47 min The Proclaimer 1
Rated 18 sexy bible stories for poster Muslims ... 51 min Muslim answer 2
What is wrong with Israel? 1 hr Muslims against T... 9
News Former soldier who 'tried to join ISIS' convict... 1 hr The Proclaimer 1
The Bible has millions of Errors & Contradictio... 1 hr Muslims against T... 9
More from around the web