Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,544

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168283 Mar 19, 2013
In other words, the disorder is not about being gay or straight, but being attracted to children.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#168284 Mar 19, 2013
It is interesting to watch our "Lay Preacher and Bible Thumper" Paul WV discussing with two "Old Fashioned" Jews Eric and Frijoles.

Let him use the "blind statements" which he makes with Muslims about Bible with these two gentlemen.

I doubt if he can stand more than four or five posts.!!

I doubt if any Christian worth his or her name can argue with any Knowledgeable Jews and "prove" to them that OT books portray Jesus as the Messiah.

Besides Christians, it is ONLY Quran which recognizes Jesus as Messiah.

No Jew, no Hindu, No Buddhist, No Sikh, no Jain , none of the followers of thousands of religions in the world, recognizes Jesus as a prophet or a Messiah, or that he was born without a human father, or that he will come back to earth.

It is only Muslims who accept and recognize these facts, but it is Muslims whom Christians take as their "worst enemies"!!

If you send it to Mr. Ripley the Believe it or not guy, even he will refuse to accept it. But it is fact!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168285 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your visit with humility was short lived.
Shocked, shocked, shocked.
Jesus would be sad.
What did Jesus do, sit around telling Himself how humble He is and not speak out about the injustice around Him? No! He spoke out against injustice! Your comment makes no sense.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168286 Mar 19, 2013
Frank Incense wrote:
<quoted text>Al the EXECRABLE,
Have you NOT gotten laid, YET?
F('ing) I(diot)...How are you my old mucker!! Hope it still hasn't dropped off...
I know you are curious as you still haven't had sex with a normal living breathing woman.

Put that doll away and watch this:

You are the chap who says "Nudge nudge wink wink" and....

WAIT for the punchline!! Good luck....

LOL!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168287 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad that you finally recognize humility.
Now you can understand the futility in criticizing people of other religions. The glasshouse-stones thing.
I look forward to your faith-inspired change in behavior on this thread.
So you are publicly stating you support the murder of Christians by Muslims simply because Christian believe Jesus Chris is the Son of God.
And you support the Muslims right to murder innocent people under Muslims religious rules.
And you want to stop Christians from pointing out to Muslims that behavior of killing Christians for their beliefs is unacceptable.

Your point of view on that matter is unacceptable period Frijolies.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168288 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
It is interesting to watch our "Lay Preacher and Bible Thumper" Paul WV discussing with two "Old Fashioned" Jews Eric and Frijoles.
Let him use the "blind statements" which he makes with Muslims about Bible with these two gentlemen.
I doubt if any Christian worth his or her name can argue with any Knowledgeable Jews and "prove" to them that OT books portray Jesus as the Messiah.
No Jew, no Hindu, No Buddhist, No Sikh, no Jain , none of the followers of thousands of religions in the world, recognizes Jesus as a prophet or a Messiah, or that he was born without a human father, or that he will come back to earth.
It is only Muslims who accept and recognize these facts, but it is Muslims whom Christians take as their "worst enemies"!!
If you send it to Mr. Ripley the Believe it or not guy, even he will refuse to accept it. But it is fact!!
It is muslims who take Christians as their worst enemy; blowing up their churches and people, torturing and imprisoning them, etc.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168289 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth must be preached in season and out of season. I will continue to point out the faults found in other religions as they fall short of God's call for us in Christ Jesus.
Please produce PROOF from Jesus saying...

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus poins: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

I will give you a million USD or equivalent in Euro or Sterling.
Thank you...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168290 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It is muslims who take Christians as their worst enemy; blowing up their churches and people, torturing and imprisoning them, etc.
We FOLLOW the REAL Jesus!

You DO NOT follow the REAL Jesus!

You WORSHIP BJ the Gentile christ - the brain child of st killer paul!

Location hidden

#168291 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
In other words, the disorder is not about being gay or straight, but being attracted to children.
That is a gay trait instinct of same sex preference.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168292 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 29:27 The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.
----------
Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said,'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.
----------
Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
----------
Matthew 24:9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
----------
John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.
----------
John 16:1 "All this I have told you so that you will not fall away.
----------
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
I had written: "Just as Sin entered the world through the 1st Adam, it returned with the so-called 2nd Adam or the Last Adam. He found it, brought back and released it. "

I don't know why have you quoted those self-loathing verses, which were fabricated by others 400 plus years after Jesus was long gone? I can see that Jesus ain't doing that talking!

How are sin and hate related? I know well that you have an absurd thing known as the
Doctrine of Sin but what does your Doctrine of Hate say?

Matthew says you will be hated. John says the world cannot hate you and then says the world hates Jesus.

How do you accept two contradicting statements from the two tale collectors?

So, now I can safely say this:

"And just as Sin had entered the world, hate also entered the world through the Church, her founding fathers, through the gospels, Acts and the letters of NT."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168293 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So you are publicly stating you support the murder of Christians by Muslims simply because Christian believe Jesus Chris is the Son of God.
And you support the Muslims right to murder innocent people under Muslims religious rules.
And you want to stop Christians from pointing out to Muslims that behavior of killing Christians for their beliefs is unacceptable.
Your point of view on that matter is unacceptable period Frijolies.
You are publicly LYING!

Frijoles does NOT support such atrocities. He will be among the first to condemn it.

No TRUE Muslim would ever support the killing of other innocent human beings - black, white, man, woman, gay, straight, christian, jew, hindu or any for that matter!

You are sick or what?
Buford Pusser

Hurricane, WV

#168294 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
From the Christian point of view, the greatest problem with Islam is its rejection of the most fundamental Christian teaching of all, namely, the vicarious death of Jesus on the cross and subsequent resurrection.

In short, it really doesn't matter if Islam agrees with Christianity on the conception of Jesus, his messiahship, and his future return, when it rejects the most important teaching of all as false. This is why Islam is by and large rejected by Christianity as a counterfeit religion that was compiled by an anti-christ who didn't know that he was being used to sow confusion.

The thing to also keep in mind is that Mohammad wasn't there to witness any of it. His six-centuries removed testimony is hearsay, inadmissible in a court of law, and that's a fact.

Location hidden

#168295 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Jesus do, sit around telling Himself how humble He is and not speak out about the injustice around Him? No! He spoke out against injustice! Your comment makes no sense.
Injustice, like charity, starts at home.

Clean up your own backyard first.

Location hidden

#168296 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is a gay trait instinct of same sex preference.
I just posted the accepted diagnostic definition. The fact you cant read it is not my problem.

Location hidden

#168297 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So you are publicly stating you support the murder of Christians by Muslims simply because Christian believe Jesus Chris is the Son of God.
deflection. I didnt go there,

Stay on topic, willya.

bmz

Singapore

#168298 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.

(Bonus poins: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"
Thank you...
I wish to chip in. Double up the offer, bro!

No proof can be produced. There in nothing from Jesus' own mouth.

The script was written after the show was over.

bmz

Singapore

#168299 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope declared the Council of Basel heretical. Give links to your claims about the Council of Florence.
Interesting. One heretic declaring another heretic, heretical.

Location hidden

#168300 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus poins: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"
Thank you...
Give me your million dollars Alex.

John 10:30-33, What made the Jews want to kill Jesus?

"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:30-33)

What was it that Jesus had said or done that caused the Jews to say that He was claiming to be God? Was it "I and the Father are one"? If so, why would that cause the Jews to want to kill Jesus? Perhaps it was something else. Maybe it was something Jesus said elsewhere that made them so angry.

There are only two places in John where the Jews wanted to kill Jesus with stones. Both of these occur after Jesus spoke and made a claim about Himself. The first was in John 8:58-59 and the second was in John 10:30-33.
Here is the context of both verses:
1.John 8:56-59 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
57The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple."
2.John 10:27-36, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. 29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." 34Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law,'I said, you are gods'? 35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,'You are blaspheming,' because I said,'I am the Son of God'?"

There is absolutely no reference to stones or stoning between John 8:59 and John 10:31. But in those two verses, the Jews responded to Jesus word's by wanting to kill Him. What was it that Jesus said in both cases that brought such a violent reaction? Here they are again...
1.John 8:58-59, "Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him;
2.John 10:30-31, "I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

The first time the Jews wanted to kill Jesus was when He said, "Before Abraham was, I am." The second time wasn't until John 10:31 when they again wanted to kill Him after Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

Location hidden

#168301 Mar 19, 2013

Let's look at these statements of Jesus.

John 8:58 and John 10:30

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that John 8:58 should be translated as "...before Abraham was, I have been," not "I am." But what is it about saying, "I have been" that would motivate the Jews to want to kill Jesus? Was Jesus simply stating that He pre-existed? If so, they would have thought Him greatly deceived, and not worthy of being killed. Do we see any prior account of anyone in the Bible being killed for claiming to pre-exist? No. It isn't blasphemy to state that you have pre-existed. It is, however, blasphemy to claim to be God;1 after all, that is what the Jews accused Jesus of claiming for Himself in John 10:31 when they again picked up stones to kill Him. What was it that Jesus said that motivated them in John 10:31 and in John 8:59 to want to kill Jesus?

From what I have seen, the greater number of Bibles translate John 8:58 as, "Before Abraham was, I am." The words "I am" are "ego eimi" in the Greek and the construction is in the present tense. "I have been" is in the perfect tense in English. But it is the Greek of John 8:58 that is in the present tense, not the perfect tense (I have been). Remember, the Jews weren't mad at Jesus for speaking English (I have been) but for speaking Greek (I am). Therefore, what is it about the statement "Before Abraham was, I am" that would cause such anger and warrant Him being stoned to death?

Some say that in John 8, Jesus had said and done so many things, that by the time Jesus said, "I am" in verse 58, the Jews simply snapped and tried to kill Him. But, that doesn't hold with the Jews' statement in John 10:33 where they tell Jesus the reason; it was for claiming to be God. So, again, what is it about Jesus saying, "Before Abraham was, I am," (or, "I have been") that was so volatile and worthy of death according to the Jews?

The most natural explanation I see is that Jesus was referring back to when Moses was at the burning bush and asked God what His name was. God said, "I am that I am. Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I am has sent me to you," (Exodus 3:14). If we were to consider this as an explanation, then it makes sense why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus, since his statement "Before Abraham was, I am" would logically cause the Pharisees to think Jesus was claiming to be God -- which is exactly what they stated later as the reason for them wanting to kill Him.

There are, however, those who say that Jesus could not have been referring to Exodus 3:14 or that there is no reason to refer Christ's statement to Exodus 3:14. But, if that is so, then what other explanation is there for the Jews' desire to kill Jesus? What else would generate such a violate reaction from the Jews? Is there any other explanation that is suitable? Remember, the Jews gave their own reason for their anger. They said to Jesus, "...You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:33).

Therefore, we need to ask the Jehovah's Witness in what verse is it that Jesus was claiming to be God? Or, in what verse was it that could be construed and misinterpreted by the Jews to think that Jesus was claiming to be God?

Location hidden

#168302 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Why bother - you would probably just blow it on booze and blow up dolls anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min Faith 392,941
We Muslims are Superior! 9 min PeteWaldo 85
How to to end Islam? Ideas please 17 min Undertaker A9 449
Greetings !!! 33 min Undertaker A9 32
Christianity is a blood thirsty faith 42 min PeteWaldo 10
How can a non-Muslim learn about Islam. 43 min Xcaliber 46
Dresden's anti-Islam protests: Rooted in German... 46 min Satan 24
if you haven't read the Holy Quran... 1 hr Satan 84
More from around the web