Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167147 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That story is absurd and a forgery.
What did he write on the sand? Any clue? He was just fiddling with a stick.
It says He wrote in the sand. Legend has it, He was writing in the sand the sins of those who wanted to stone the woman.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167148 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That story is absurd and a forgery.
What did he write on the sand? Any clue? He was just fiddling with a stick.
Anything that proves you are full of shit is "absurd and a forgery".
You are an imbecile.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#167149 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It says He wrote in the sand. Legend has it, He was writing in the sand the sins of those who wanted to stone the woman.
No, Jesus did not know how to write.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167150 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What archaeologist has unearthed a sample of Jesus-write in the sand? Just because the bible says so isnt convincing evidence.
Just because someone can read doesnt mean they can write.
As far as I am aware there isnt even any hard evidence that Jesus could read. Much of Judaism at that time was oral anyhow.
You Frijoles rival bmz as a bullshiter.
Jesus was a rabbi.
There is no such thing as an illiterate rabbi.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167151 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, MooHamMad did not know how to write.
That's what all this is about bmz.
It burns you that the murderous paedo false prophet was such a pathetic specimen compared to Christ.
When you compare the two it is like a man next to the muslim ape.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167152 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so self deluded!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167153 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You Frijoles rival bmz as a bullshiter.
Jesus was a rabbi.
There is no such thing as an illiterate rabbi.
I guess you never knew that the Torah itself was originally conveyed orally. Thats why certain sections rhyme or otherwise have poetic rhythm - it was a mnemomic device.

Of course you would never notice that being that you are ILLITERATE in Hebrew.

Location hidden

#167154 Mar 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion, which is no better than mine. It really does not matter if Jesus could write, He got His message out. Okay, now you will say He didn't. You can argue on and on and prove nothing. I accept the testimony of Jesus' disciples and their disciples down to their present day disciples: bishops of the Catholic Church.
Its not opinion that there is no physical evidence. It is fact.

Location hidden

#167155 Mar 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Bi-sweeties.
there goes yet another unsolicited homosexual reference.

Why dont you just be out with it already? I bet it will clear your acne.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#167156 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: lashon hara! evil and wicked gossip and murderous back-stabbing. you just keep on, proving your unholyness. is this all you can do, is continiously prove your evil and wickedness?
uhuh

Spain

#167157 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
"no less than 1,600 Jewish epitaphs are extant from ancient Palestine dating from 300 B.C. to 500 A.D"
1,600 Jewish epitaphs aren't enough physical EVIDENCE for you???
"the majority of Jewish epitaphs dates from the post-NT period" -Ancient Jewish Epitaphs, by van Horsht

yeap those are physical EVIDENCE that Jesus conversed in Greek lol

bmz

Location hidden

#167158 Mar 12, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: lashon hara! evil and wicked gossip and murderous back-stabbing. you just keep on, proving your unholyness. is this all you can do, is continiously prove your evil and wickedness?
Rabbee,

Just tell me what did he write? Playing and fiddling with a stick on ground is not writing.
uhuh

Spain

#167159 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
The Jews marked their graves with inscriptions long before the Greeks rolled in. Here is an inscription from a grave written in Hebrew from about 600 BC.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
very rare finding,
ancient Jews did not inscribe epitaphs for the dead
John wrote:
After 300 years of Hellenism almost all the Jews spoke Greek. Why else did the Jews translate the old testament into Greek????? The priest didn't need it in Greek, the common people did.
so it was the Jews themselves who wanted the Torah translated into Septuagint! lol

"Ptolemy collected books from everywhere, he sent for men from Judaea to translate their books and then kept them in the Temple of Serapis (in Alexandria)" -Chrysostom

bmz

Location hidden

#167160 Mar 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, MooHamMad did not know how to write.
That's what all this is about bmz.
It burns you that the murderous paedo false prophet was such a pathetic specimen compared to Christ.
When you compare the two it is like a man next to the muslim ape.
Of course, Muhammad could neither read nor write but what did the Homo and pedophile Jesus write?

The biblical Jesus was an incompetent fool and an idiot in my humble view. Never answered questions properly, gave off-topic silly and stupid replies, acted like a wimp and a bigot and was always quarreling with the Jews. What kind of a useless character was that Schizo?

Location hidden

#167162 Mar 12, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"the majority of Jewish epitaphs dates from the post-NT period" -Ancient Jewish Epitaphs, by van Horsht
yeap those are physical EVIDENCE that Jesus conversed in Greek lol
You know, I keep raising that very question and they keep ignoring that question.

Location hidden

#167163 Mar 12, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
very rare finding,
ancient Jews did not inscribe epitaphs for the dead
<quoted text>
so it was the Jews themselves who wanted the Torah translated into Septuagint! lol
"Ptolemy collected books from everywhere, he sent for men from Judaea to translate their books and then kept them in the Temple of Serapis (in Alexandria)" -Chrysostom
You have to understand, to a Jew, learning Greek is ESSENTIAL if only to allow us to order a Souvlaki with the proper trimmings.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167164 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not opinion that there is no physical evidence. It is fact.
No physical evidence does not prove Jesus could not write, so what's your point? You've proven nothing.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#167165 Mar 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, Muhammad could neither read nor write but what did the Homo and pedophile Jesus write?
The biblical Jesus was an incompetent fool and an idiot in my humble view. Never answered questions properly, gave off-topic silly and stupid replies, acted like a wimp and a bigot and was always quarreling with the Jews. What kind of a useless character was that Schizo?
muhammad could neither read nor write and was a pedo and into necrophilia.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#167166 Mar 12, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you set the bet stupidly because:
1) You are begging other posters to pop in, but fail to realize that many of them do not care whether you are rich or struggling to arrive to the end of month.
2) What sense does it make the 3 out of 5? It can be 1 or 2 or 4 or 5 out of 5, or 3 out of 3. You have the mindset of elementary school kid.
3) Who is so idiot to give personal infos online to a stranger?
4) You have been exposed as a fraud, you are none of what you said to be and it was showen and recorded in this thread.
5) Since you are a liar the only way you can get me in is only when you provide with proof you have that amount of money. Only by showing them I'll be more than glad to give whatever amount you want and go on with the bet, but I let handle by lawyers not by your stupid set, abecedarian.
You need to see a doctor.
I know you can't afford one in poverty stricken mussolini land.
Hope some generous topix readers chip in to save you.
Now go away ignorant idiot.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#167167 Mar 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
He misunderstood your words, Alex.
I hope you are well HughBe.
Thank you for confirming the position.
I shall ignore that poor lost person.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 min DaniEl 508,538
News No Shelter for an African-American Muslim Under... 5 min Ms Mack 16
News In Quebec, fear of religious discrimination as ... 9 min Suno mera Kehna 3
News Islam shares long tradition in Toledo area (Jun '16) 26 min Barros chingon 384
Torture & Sexual Harassment of Hindu women. 56 min Mo Ham On Hed 4
News White House visit a challenge for British PM May 56 min PATX 1
Trump will not complete his first term 57 min PATX 1
More from around the web