Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165999 Mar 4, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what according to you, as a Christian, is the nature of the reality?
Please don't quote some bull shit verse from ignorant scriptures like the Tanakh or the NT.
Talk in terms of causation, conservation, unity in variety, nondualism, unified field, consciousness, energy, matter and the like.
God.

Location hidden

#166000 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot,
You are totally off-topic, clueless fool!
The point is that revelations for Judaism and Islam came in Hebrew and Arabic. Nothing was revealed in Greek or Sanskrit.
You don't know a word of Hebrew and Arabic, so how can you comprehend and capture the beauty of those languages?
You are an example of the stupidity of that language.

God is not stupid that He should speak only in one language.
When God say we should speak with one voice, it is meant we should not allow evil to have a voice in our lives.
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#166001 Mar 4, 2013
Life of Mohammad(saw) And Mary(ru) Including Trinity.

(Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise and life of Mary –Jesus including Trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been started, from page 33 of topix of this series,
Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam again post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 to 37of this thread ,While series about Mary and trinity has come on page 38 and 39 of this thread.

. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.

What say Qadir Mengal in reply to these two Atheists, Igore trip and Dear to doubt,please go to thread (Qadir Mengal Miss understainding Islam) and find reply on page37.

DEAR TO DOUBT----------
The world changed but people didn’t. My last horse died a century ago and I now drive a car. We----------
We filled our houses with all sorts of gadgets but our minds have not changed. My religious friend is still a believer.---------
I have read the Bible and the Quran and both are full of so many absurdities and mistakes, both logical and factual that there is no way they can be true. Islam is just the word of one man.
A real God could do a lot better than that.
who="Igor Trip"] text>
Please explain why I should not believe these are the rantings of a madman.
(Note the text of Quran has not been carried properly)
22:19 These twain (the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,---------

44:43 Lo! the tree of Zaqqum,
44:44 The food of the sinner!
44:45 Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies
44:46 As the seething of boiling water.
44:47 (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell,
44:48 Then pour upon his head the torment of boiling water.
----------

sss
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#166002 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You think because you say something makes it true. The NT was written in Greek proving you don't have a clue what you are talking about. St Paul, a Jew, was an apostle, prophet and messenger to the gentiles.
Let's talk about how in accurate a language arabic is. What are the arabic words for book, revealations and scripture?
Paul was not a Jew. He was a Roman. That Paul was a Jew, is rubbish. Had Paul been a Jew, pagans would not have accepted him. It was the Roman brand that worked.

Kitaab. Also, Wahi.
bmz

Location hidden

#166003 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an example of the stupidity of that language.
God is not stupid that He should speak only in one language.
When God say we should speak with one voice, it is meant we should not allow evil to have a voice in our lives.
My point is that Greek is not God's scriptural language. That language is the culprit, which led to a massive confusion and you got the absurdity known as the Triune God, man God and God man, etc.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166004 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>In your story, I detect an inner feeling of your resentment of the Apostle Paul
Christians have a personal relationship God, Muslims don't.
Muslims want to kill Christians because God loves Christians and God
dwells inside the heart of Christians.
God loves Muslims, but Muslims are not willing to accept God as their Father.
Please stop talking nonsense.
You read translations of translations of translations of copies of copies of copies of copies with more mistakes than the number of stars in the galaxy and talk about your personal non existent relationship with your invented god.
Your god can only be satan because if you understood Jesus in his OWN language you would have known that he NEVER wanted you to worship him.
If you understood Jesus in his OWN language you would have realised that he NEVER claimed divinity.

Until you can understand what Jesus said in his OWN language you should stop pumping your lies and misconceptions on others.
Shalom aleichem.

Location hidden

#166005 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God never revealed anything in Greek. Foreigners wrote about Jesus and Christianity.
The language that Jesus spoke, was different.
You have Muslim ignorance.

Location hidden

#166006 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that Greek is not God's scriptural language. That language is the culprit, which led to a massive confusion and you got the absurdity known as the Triune God, man God and God man, etc.
Gods speaks in all languages.
bmz

Location hidden

#166007 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims treat sin lightly but God does not.
It is that simple.
That is hilarious.

Christianity is the only religion that was built upon the Rock of Sin by self-loathing sinners.

Sin is the central theme of Christianity.

Location hidden

#166008 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was not a Jew. He was a Roman. That Paul was a Jew, is rubbish. Had Paul been a Jew, pagans would not have accepted him. It was the Roman brand that worked.
Kitaab. Also, Wahi.
You speak without knowledge.
"Saint Paul" was a Lifelong Jew

The man known as "St. Paul" was first called Saul (pronounced Sha'ul in Hebrew), and that is the name used in this article. He was called Saul in Acts 7:58, Acts 8:1, and Acts 9:1. His first encounter with Yeshua ("Jesus") was in Acts 9:3-6, where the Lord addressed him as Saul. This episode is also told in Acts 22:7 and Acts 26:14, and in both of those the Lord also addressed him as Saul. When speaking about him to Ananias in a vision, the Lord said he was called "Saul of Tarsus" (Acts 9:11). It was not until Acts 13:9 that he was referred to as "Saul who was also known as Paul." To this day, it is not unusual for Jews in the diaspora to have two names. One is used by family or other Jews, the second is how they are known by the larger society around them. Unlike the case of Jacob who became Israel, Saul's name was never changed by God.

"St. Paul" was born a Jew

In 2Cor 11:22 Saul wrote that he was descended from Abraham and Israel. Who were Abraham and Israel?

Abraham was the first Hebrew. God changed his name from Abram (Gen. 17:5). In Gen. 14:13 he is called Abram the Hebrew. Abraham is the father of the Jews (Acts 3:12-25). So we can see that Saul is descended from "Abram the Hebrew," the father of the Jews. Even to this day, Jews are also called "Hebrews", and the language of the Jews is "Hebrew."

Israel was originally called Jacob (Gen. 35:10-12) and he was Abraham's grandson (Matt. 1:2). He had twelve sons (Gen. 35:23-26) from whom come the Twelve Tribes of Israel. All of their descendants are known collectively throughout the Bible as the Children of Israel (Ex. 1:6-7).

One of those twelve sons was Judah (Gen. 35:23, Matt. 1:2) and it is from his name that we get the word 'Jew'. Although Yehudah (Judah) was only one of the twelve, by 700 BCE, because of the course of Israel's history, the word Yehudee (Jew) came to mean any person descended from Israel (Jer. 34:9). When Saul wrote that he was descended from Abraham and Israel, he was saying he was born a Jew.

"St. Paul" grew up as a Jew

In Phil 3:5 Saul called himself a "Hebrew of Hebrews," probably meaning "I speak Hebrew and I came from Hebrew-speaking parents." His father was a Pharisee (Acts 23:6). In his letter to the believers in Philippi, Saul described himself as having been circumcised as an infant on the eighth day (Phil 3:5). Obviously his Jewish parents did this in observance of the Torah commandment (Lev 12:2-3). He further confirmed this by stating that he is of the people Israel and he went on to cite his tribal descent (Benjamin), which is something few Jews can do today. We see the same in Romans 11:1, where Saul wrote that he was, "an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."

Saul lived during the time of Rome's military occupation of Israel. Although born in Tarsus (Acts 22:3), he grew up among the Jews of Jerusalem, as a Pharisee (Acts 26:4-5). Again, the importance of the Torah in his family's life can be demonstrated. They made the considerable commitment of having him taught by Gamli'el (Acts 22:3), the foremost Jewish educator of the time (Acts 5:34). To achieve this, Saul must have been an excellent student and deeply committed to the Hebrew scriptures.

Recounting this as an adult, he described himself as "thoroughly trained in the Torah of our fathers" (Acts 22:3), he self-identified as a Jew (Acts 22:3), and he described the Jews as "my own nation" (Acts 26:4). Saul was raised as a Jew.
bmz

Location hidden

#166009 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Gods speaks in all languages.
Yes, but God never gave any Scripture in Greek. That is the point.
bmz

Location hidden

#166010 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> You have Muslim ignorance.
Tell me, ignorant fool, if God revealed anything in Greek?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166011 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitaab. Also, Wahi.
St Paul was a Jew and the gentiles listened to him because he was Holy Spirit filled, a prophet and God's messenger to them.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166012 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the definition of a scriptural language according to Webster or another recognized authority.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166013 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, ignorant fool, if God revealed anything in Greek?
Jesus revealed it and Holy Spirit filled men who recorded it in Greek. You can find Jesus' revelations in the NT and Sacred Tradition.
bmz

Location hidden

#166014 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> You have Muslim ignorance.
Now, allow me to write something about Christian ignorance.

Here are some Christian verses written by Greeks for Christian ignorant fools:

"......... that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

This verse simply means, ".......that you may know and understand that the Father is with me, and I with the Father.”

Next: "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. "

This verse simply means, "On that day you will realize that I am with my Father, and you are with me, and I am with you."

If you translate it back from the crude Greek into Hebrew, it will mean what I wrote.

The men who wrote and edited the gospels were very shrewd, cunning and knew how to twist and distort the language.
bmz

Location hidden

#166015 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul was a Jew and the gentiles listened to him because he was Holy Spirit filled, a prophet and God's messenger to them.
That Paul was a Jew, is rubbish. He was Roman. Who was running the Holy Spirit bottling plant?
bmz

Location hidden

#166016 Mar 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus revealed it and Holy Spirit filled men who recorded it in Greek. You can find Jesus' revelations in the NT and Sacred Tradition.
No. That is not true.
bmz

Location hidden

#166017 Mar 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak without knowledge.
"Saint Paul" was a Lifelong Jew
The man known as "St. Paul" was first called Saul (pronounced Sha'ul in Hebrew), and that is the name used in this article. He was called Saul in Acts 7:58, Acts 8:1, and Acts 9:1. His first encounter with Yeshua ("Jesus") was in Acts 9:3-6, where the Lord addressed him as Saul. This episode is also told in Acts 22:7 and Acts 26:14, and in both of those the Lord also addressed him as Saul. When speaking about him to Ananias in a vision, the Lord said he was called "Saul of Tarsus" (Acts 9:11). It was not until Acts 13:9 that he was referred to as "Saul who was also known as Paul." To this day, it is not unusual for Jews in the diaspora to have two names. One is used by family or other Jews, the second is how they are known by the larger society around them. Unlike the case of Jacob who became Israel, Saul's name was never changed by God.
"St. Paul" was born a Jew
In 2Cor 11:22 Saul wrote that he was descended from Abraham and Israel. Who were Abraham and Israel?
Abraham was the first Hebrew. God changed his name from Abram (Gen. 17:5). In Gen. 14:13 he is called Abram the Hebrew. Abraham is the father of the Jews (Acts 3:12-25). So we can see that Saul is descended from "Abram the Hebrew," the father of the Jews. Even to this day, Jews are also called "Hebrews", and the language of the Jews is "Hebrew."
Israel was originally called Jacob (Gen. 35:10-12) and he was Abraham's grandson (Matt. 1:2). He had twelve sons (Gen. 35:23-26) from whom come the Twelve Tribes of Israel. All of their descendants are known collectively throughout the Bible as the Children of Israel (Ex. 1:6-7).
One of those twelve sons was Judah (Gen. 35:23, Matt. 1:2) and it is from his name that we get the word 'Jew'. Although Yehudah (Judah) was only one of the twelve, by 700 BCE, because of the course of Israel's history, the word Yehudee (Jew) came to mean any person descended from Israel (Jer. 34:9). When Saul wrote that he was descended from Abraham and Israel, he was saying he was born a Jew.
"St. Paul" grew up as a Jew
In Phil 3:5 Saul called himself a "Hebrew of Hebrews," probably meaning "I speak Hebrew and I came from Hebrew-speaking parents." His father was a Pharisee (Acts 23:6). In his letter to the believers in Philippi, Saul described himself as having been circumcised as an infant on the eighth day (Phil 3:5). Obviously his Jewish parents did this in observance of the Torah commandment (Lev 12:2-3). He further confirmed this by stating that he is of the people Israel and he went on to cite his tribal descent (Benjamin), which is something few Jews can do today. We see the same in Romans 11:1, where Saul wrote that he was, "an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."
Saul lived during the time of Rome's military occupation of Israel. Although born in Tarsus (Acts 22:3), he grew up among the Jews of Jerusalem, as a Pharisee (Acts 26:4-5). Again, the importance of the Torah in his family's life can be demonstrated. They made the considerable commitment of having him taught by Gamli'el (Acts 22:3), the foremost Jewish educator of the time (Acts 5:34). To achieve this, Saul must have been an excellent student and deeply committed to the Hebrew scriptures.
Recounting this as an adult, he described himself as "thoroughly trained in the Torah of our fathers" (Acts 22:3), he self-identified as a Jew (Acts 22:3), and he described the Jews as "my own nation" (Acts 26:4). Saul was raised as a Jew.
Cut all that Church and Acts crap.

If he were truly an Israelite, a Jew, why was the name changed from Saul to Paul? What does Paul mean in Hebrew? LMAO!

You know nothing. Zilsch!

Let me tell you. Paul was a Latin name. So, he was a Roman. It also means small and shows that Paul was a midget.

You know well that with the Jew, Paul became a Jew and with the Romans, he became a Roman and with the Greeks, he became a Greek. Right?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166018 Mar 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Paul was a Jew, is rubbish. He was Roman. Who was running the Holy Spirit bottling plant?
Prove he wasn't and don't just give me your wishful thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I Came to Islam ... ! (Mar '07) 1 hr Khan 41
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr Faith 522,297
Las Vegas Shooting Fri J_a_n 59
The Bible has millions of errors & contradictio... Thu J_a_n 31
News White supremacists fly into white-hot rage at n... Oct 18 Handsome_awesome_... 3
Non-W*** Not Covered By Geneva Convention? Oct 18 Handsome_awesome_... 3
100000 errors in quran (May '15) Oct 18 LUKE 521
More from around the web