Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,689)

Showing posts 153,761 - 153,780 of199,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Probably the moon always had an association with pregnancy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! I agree with that conclusion. I have awarded the "I agree" icon for that comment.
If Christianity had spent centuries to find God, they would have not have wasted two thousand years to define Jesus, the son of our dearest mother Mary, the mother of all mothers.
Thanks, Buford.
Or alternatively they could have spend a season learning hebrew, after they learned to read ofcourse.''
The symbol thingy is on the blink, so i can surprise myself with new expressions.^*0

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

I wont spend one minute correcting shamsceptic, entirely wasted time.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read my post on the Word of God that never existed. Thanks
I will post it again.
bmz wrote:
This "Word of God" is a fraudulent translation of John. The fraud and forgery known as "the Word of God" was introduced in the 15th Century by Satanic fathers of the Satanic Church.
Trust me when I say this because the word has reached my ears that Wycliffe, who did the first translation in the 14th Century, wrote this:
<quoted text>
SO, JOHN WROTE THAT ABOUT GOD. No Word (Jesus) in there.
And see how boldy the lying Bible Mills distort Wycliffe's translation:
<quoted text>
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/ ...
This demolishes the so-called Word of God. Look at emphasis of mine using ***** and see how they have twisted it!
And here is the final nail in the coffin of the Word of God:
Check out all that went on at the Council of Nicaea and see if you can find this absurdity 'the Word of God' in the discussions held.
So, the Word of God is a fraud!
Dismissed!
You are confused.
You lack the understanding of the meaning of the word "Word"
Now read John 1:1 again:
John 1:1
New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning was the "Word" [meaning the mind and will of God], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Every time you see the word "Word" in John !:1 it is referring to the mind and will of God.

Jesus as the Word of God was sent by God the Father to express the mind and will of God Being God Himself to man.

Word of God - a manifestation of the mind and will of God
manifestation - a clear appearance; "a manifestation of great emotion"

Jesus became the manifestation of the mind and will of God in human flesh.[And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us]

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
I wont spend one minute correcting shamsceptic, entirely wasted time.
There is no reason for you to even try to correct my post, for I am correct.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
Probably the moon always had an association with pregnancy.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

The Woman and the Dragon

12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled downthat ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.

13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpents reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspringthose who keep Gods commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Footnotes: a. Revelation 12:5 Psalm 2:9
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>You are confused.
You lack the understanding of the meaning of the word "Word"
Now read John 1:1 again:
John 1:1
New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning was the "Word" [meaning the mind and will of God], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Every time you see the word "Word" in John !:1 it is referring to the mind and will of God.
Jesus as the Word of God was sent by God the Father to express the mind and will of God Being God Himself to man.
Word of God - a manifestation of the mind and will of God
manifestation - a clear appearance; "a manifestation of great emotion"
Jesus became the manifestation of the mind and will of God in human flesh.[And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us]
Cut that crap out, please. I have already demolished this Word Of God. Mark, Luke, Matthew, Paul, Peter, James and the whole bunch died with out hearing about this ridiculous Word of God.

Read my post again and please prepare a proper rebuttal, if you can and I know you cannot.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

The 'Word of God', according to John, stands DismisseD!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Or alternatively they could have spend a season learning hebrew, after they learned to read ofcourse.''
The symbol thingy is on the blink, so i can surprise myself with new expressions.^*0
Yes to that but they never did that.

The problem is that Christianity used the Greek lens. Idioms, phrases and figuratives of Hebrew and Aramaic could not have been fully understood in Greek.

For example, the translation "I am the first and the last" simply means "I am forever" in Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic. And the Greeks ruined it.

For example, the Greek writers came up with "I am the Alpha and I am the Omega". From that came another absurd style, loaded up with caps, "I am the First and I am the Last", as if the person was the last to die.

I can't recollect the name of a brilliant Western scholar, who said, "If the gospels were translated back into Hebrew", everything would be clear and Christianity will fall.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Buford wrote:
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled downthat ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
War in heaven? War crazy!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
Now with Fatima you would be on track for Arabian moongoddess..........There is more to her title. Creatress, Source of the sun, Tree of paradise,she who existed from the beginning of the material world.
Shebat hep bat )see the dissertation.
Mesopotamian moongoddess, who dwelt in the sacred stone of the Kaaba in Mecca. Presumably the meteor named moonstone maybe.
Aramaiti Iranian earth goddess whose language is that of the christian bible-gospels, hinting at syriac here. Mother of he people made of clay.
The Holy Quran clarifies superstitions and moon worship beautifully....

002:189
Moon....
They ask thee concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) men, and for Pilgrimage.
(Just manage with it to keep time until The Patek Caliber 89 or 1942 Rolex Chronograph or Rolex GMT ICE or even Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Dater arrives!)

Superstitions....
It is no virtue if ye enter your houses from the back:
(as do the idolaters at certain seasons), but the righteous man is he who wardeth off (evil). Enter houses through the proper doors: and observe your duty to Allah, that ye may be successful.
Shear power

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

who is ALLAH?

He is the creator , sustainer and maintainer of the entire universe and beyond
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

"To infinity, and beyond!"

~ Buzz Lightyear, Mathematical Genius and Philosopher

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2112823...

Ultimate logic: To infinity and beyond
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Quran clarifies superstitions and moon worship beautifully....
002:189
Moon....
They ask thee concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) men, and for Pilgrimage.
(Just manage with it to keep time until The Patek Caliber 89 or 1942 Rolex Chronograph or Rolex GMT ICE or even Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Dater arrives!)
Superstitions....
It is no virtue if ye enter your houses from the back:
(as do the idolaters at certain seasons), but the righteous man is he who wardeth off (evil). Enter houses through the proper doors: and observe your duty to Allah, that ye may be successful.
Speaking of clarified superstitious nonsense, see: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Source: Your own scripture and the mother of all misinformation known as the Sacred Traditions from your own Church.
I am still waiting for you to link me to the original koran - writen on leaves, rocks, bones, etc - so that I can compare it to your koran.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Shear power wrote:
who is ALLAH?
He is the creator , sustainer and maintainer of the entire universe and beyond
allah is the alter ego of mohammad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
The Woman and the Dragon
12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.
13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpents reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspringthose who keep Gods commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Footnotes: a. Revelation 12:5 Psalm 2:9
I always find it weird that christians quote verses out of a book that is not theirs.
Revelation might as well be about the usurpation of Adamma or Ishara or any other god, even Cybele or even their cration stories retold. The church would in any case not know.
The church at first did not even want to include.
By the way the other post. It is not about being right or wrong but the form of argument you use.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to that but they never did that.
The problem is that Christianity used the Greek lens. Idioms, phrases and figuratives of Hebrew and Aramaic could not have been fully understood in Greek.
For example, the translation "I am the first and the last" simply means "I am forever" in Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic. And the Greeks ruined it.
For example, the Greek writers came up with "I am the Alpha and I am the Omega". From that came another absurd style, loaded up with caps, "I am the First and I am the Last", as if the person was the last to die.
I can't recollect the name of a brilliant Western scholar, who said, "If the gospels were translated back into Hebrew", everything would be clear and Christianity will fall.
Cant recall either.
But then it would also become clear that Adam is not about sin but about cleaving, unveiling/seeing and rank.
By the way the title and author that references the source:
The beginnings of ancient Kurdistan (2500-1500 BC)
a historical and cultural synthesis.
Date 2012-06-19
Author Ahmed, Kozad Mohamed.
Various files for this Leiden university dissertation.
Handle http://hdl.handle.net/1887/19095
?~0'))(__&%$#"!@^| *><+`;,:
lol good thing i do not have to type in more.
So modernity does exist in Holland.
These muslims do not shy away from a bit of actual history.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
I always find it weird that christians quote verses out of a book that is not theirs.
Revelation might as well be about the usurpation of Adamma or Ishara or any other god, even Cybele or even their cration stories retold. The church would in any case not know.
The church at first did not even want to include.

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of Gods glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
MAAT wrote:

By the way the other post. It is not about being right or wrong but the form of argument you use.
I'm reminded of a discussion I had with a psychologist who saw her mission in life as that of "helping people to be comfortable with their world view."
Shear power

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still waiting for you to link me to the original koran - writen on leaves, rocks, bones, etc - so that I can compare it to your koran.
can you prove a single verse in the quran to be wrong or illogical?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
allah is the alter ego of mohammad.
When i make a statement like that i at least include some verses and look up if they are weak or strong fiqh...but you sound like a parrot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 153,761 - 153,780 of199,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Butt Out & Stay Out! Leave Christian affairs to... 12 min Mujahid 19
JJ: How is Obama Going to Finance the Coming Wa... 12 min I educate U the hard way 4
hello 12 min hello 1
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 14 min danetoo 356,603
Troll watch 5: AMP man 30 min You blew it at Cabela too 8
Palestinian brave girl facing the filthy Israe... 35 min Rabbeen Al Jizzhead 56
Mt. Calvary Baptist church (Website) 1 hr TaterTot 2
•••
•••