Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162938 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever two or more are gathered in Jesus' Name for a common porpoise Jesus said He will be in their mist. So you are wrong, at the councils that agreed on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Jesus sat with them.
Ya! He was hopping from camp to camp. Arius to Athanasius, back to Arius and then on to Athanasius' camp in the wilderness.
bmz

Location hidden

#162939 Feb 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
When a pope retires, does he get a pocket watch?
Normally, the Pope does not get anything but death. That is his reward and he goes back home to reside with his Lord.

A few resigned and a few were deposed but received nothing.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162940 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Correction:
There are no full manuscripts of John not even of the other gospels, NOTHING PARTIALLY WRITTEN till well in the 4th century.
And i forgot to add the example of the codex sinaiticus. Which like the somewhat older Vaticanus was far from complete.
And the sinaiticus turns out to be a mix of various centuries.(which was not discovered immediately since it was devided up in parts and given to various researchers.)
Whether the same is the case with the Vaticanus i do not know. Haven't looked into that aspect.
The text deviating extremely from nowadays versions was more interesting.
Its amazing that with out any manuscripts the Christian Church has become the largest monotheistic religion in the world.

bmz

Location hidden

#162941 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul received his authority to go to the gentiles from the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church. Every leader of the Catholic Church has gotten their authority form their predecessor going directly back to the apostles.
The 'gospel' of brarnabas is a 16th century fake and it is not surprising that you would accept it as gospel since you take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord that some spirit told him what some god told him to tell him.
Where did mohammad's authority come from to speak for God. Some unknown spirit that some woman told him was Gabriel; we do know how reliable the word of a woman is; don't we?
We consider all gospels unreliable, not trust worthy and all of them as tales full of forgeries.

WE do not believe in GOB.

After reading and comparing 'em all, we feel GOB sounds better than the others. The standard of reporting is good in GOB. At least, we can see Jesus talking to his disciples.
bmz

Location hidden

#162942 Feb 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
When a pope retires, does he get a pocket watch?
Breaking News:

Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday that he would resign Feb. 28 - the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years.

Let us see what he gets.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162943 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Through the influence of the Catholic Church? Utter rubbish! Raed what Thomas Jefferson said:
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and in-grafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."
Please do not insult the intelligence of the modern and educated man, who tamed Christianity.
What makes Jefferson an expert on Christianity or the Catholic Church. He was just giving his bigotted opinion. The proof is in the pudding and it was a Christian culture, formed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, that we now have the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights did not come from any islamic culture.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162944 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We consider all gospels unreliable, not trust worthy and all of them as tales full of forgeries.
After reading and comparing 'em all, we feel GOB sounds better than the others. The standard of reporting is good in GOB. At least, we can see Jesus talking to his disciples.
So anything that agrees with your koran came from God. Do you ever read what you post? You are self deluded!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162945 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya! He was hopping from camp to camp. Arius to Athanasius, back to Arius and then on to Athanasius' camp in the wilderness.
Jesus is with all His people who gather in His Name, but only the pope through the authority of the Keys can bind and loose both on earth and in heaven. No one else can speak with this authority, when the pope speaks from the Chair of St Peter, God speaks!

Location hidden

#162946 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Through the influence of the Catholic Church? Utter rubbish! Raed what Thomas Jefferson said:
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and in-grafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."
Please do not insult the intelligence of the modern and educated man, who tamed Christianity.
Jefferson made those negative remarks in loo of his sexual affair with the young black girl slaves he owned.

Location hidden

#162947 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians consider the Muslim Quran an evil Satanic book.
bmz

Location hidden

#162948 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its amazing that with out any manuscripts the Christian Church has become the largest monotheistic religion in the world.
The Christian Church used the Old Testament as a Cover, to become the largest religion by deception.

Christianity is definitely not monotheistic. Only the Jews and the Muslims are fiercely monotheistic.
bmz

Location hidden

#162949 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jefferson made those negative remarks in loo of his sexual affair with the young black girl slaves he owned.
Nonsense!

When it comes to statements made by brilliant men against Christianity and her darkest history, the Christians run their own down.

That is why Mahatama Gandhi said:

" I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
bmz

Location hidden

#162950 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Christians consider the Muslim Quran an evil Satanic book.
How can they be so silly? They should read it first.

Since we have read the Christian Bible, we can straight away declare it Satanic.
wuzluz

Monessen, PA

#162951 Feb 11, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
just was a servant
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162952 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can they be so silly? They should read it first.
Since we have read the Christian Bible, we can straight away declare it Satanic.
And yet you think the gospel of barnabas is from God. You are self deluded.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162953 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense!
When it comes to statements made by brilliant men against Christianity and her darkest history, the Christians run their own down.
" I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Jefferson was not a Christian; though he was influenced by the Christian culture around him.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162954 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense!
Jefferson did not promote islam or sharia law. He only read the koran so that he could know his enemy; something American leaders today are failing to do.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162955 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about spiritual content for the pope and bishops. The pope still holds the Keys to the Kingdom Heaven; whatsoever the pope binds and looses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. The pope gets his authority from the Apostels through the laying on of hands.
The pope now speaks for God as any prophet in the past has spoken for Him. The Catholic Church, Mystical Body of Christ, is Immanunel, God with us; we are now taught by God.
that's not spirituality.
That's religion.

From religere-binding.
Rituals with added authority fallacy.
And the fallacy of consequence.
WUZLUZ

Monessen, PA

#162956 Feb 11, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Get Over It
wuzluz

Monessen, PA

#162957 Feb 11, 2013
Hi you people I have a Question for anyone who can answer it?

How do you delete a comment if its a error posting?

Thanks people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 46 min Syriana 517,858
America's Moral Decay (Dec '13) 3 hr Khan 347
Jesus was a Palestinian Muslim. 3 hr Khan 13
This Forum is Dead (Jul '15) 4 hr Raz 45
News A theology of love 4 hr Karim 42
Rising crime rate in America 13 hr American CRUSADER 7
European youth reject multi-culturalism 15 hr WeeWilly 6
More from around the web