Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253447 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162887 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
This site run by Catholics and offcourse they won't accept the truth, bring proof from official media.
I take it that you don't understand Modern Assyrian.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162888 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
Addendum, Paul
Do not be disheartened. Be patient and the link will work. Thanks
By the way, when are you going to explain Trinity in your own words?
Who is allah and the three goddesses?

There are many scholars who can tell you who the Holy Trinity and so I don't need to repeat was has already been said. I do know that your idea of the Holy Trinity is in error, being based on the ramblings of an undeducated 7th century war lord.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162889 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is true. When Paul was preaching, the four gospels were not there.
Paul was a motor-mouth like John.
Paul came out of the blue and filled the vacuum left by Jesus and his disciples, who had all gone into hiding.
Salaams
BMZ
St Paul's mission to the gentiles was blessed by the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church; read Acts 15.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162890 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is true. When Paul was preaching, the four gospels were not there.
Paul was a motor-mouth like John.
Paul came out of the blue and filled the vacuum left by Jesus and his disciples, who had all gone into hiding.
Salaams
BMZ
Head is spinning! Jesus preached the Good News, He didn't have a book to go by and neither did His disciples. Jesus did not hand out the Holy Bible and say teach from this; no, He said go out to all nations baptizing them in the Name of the Fater, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them everything He has commanded.

Jesus promised His disciples that He will send the Holy Spirit, who will call to their minds all that He had taught them.

Now, tell me where Jesus talks about following the bible?
John

Australia

#162891 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many scholars who can tell you who the Holy Trinity and so I don't need to repeat was has already been said. I do know that your idea of the Holy Trinity is in error, being based on the ramblings of an undeducated 7th century war lord.
Bmz never explains the errors and evil in the koran.
This indicates he knows there is no answer to the idiocy of islam.
Yet the creep continues to try to push the rubbish onto humanity.
Sick and evil.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162892 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the bible was forged by Saint Paul and other Romans who stole the original bible? You can defend but hard to agree the truth.
If St. Paul Epistles were forgery they would not be in Gods Holy Bible.
The writings of Paul are tested against the prophet writings of the OT.
That is why they are accepted as being authentic inspired by the the Holy Spirit of God.

Muhammad was inspired by jinn devils.
jinn devils are an abomination to God.

You need to look at the core values of Muhammad's teachings and compare them to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The laws of Islam are based on the ancient pagan Arab tribal beliefs that were part of their worship of the moon god called Allah.
Muhammad didn't change the laws of the pagan Arabs, Muhammad just combined all the other 360 idols into one god.
The Arabs were all ready worshiping the moon god called Allah.
Muhammad didn't change the pagan worship to the moon god Allah.
That is why Muhammad was called trust worthy by the pagan Arabs, and in the hadiths.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162893 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Head is spinning! Jesus preached the Good News, He didn't have a book to go by and neither did His disciples. Jesus did not hand out the Holy Bible and say teach from this; no, He said go out to all nations baptizing them in the Name of the Fater, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them everything He has commanded.
Jesus promised His disciples that He will send the Holy Spirit, who will call to their minds all that He had taught them.
I have never said that Jesus talked about the Christian Bible.

What did Jesus command? What did he teach?

Please list up 120 things that he taught.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162894 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>If St. Paul Epistles were forgery they would not be in Gods Holy Bible.
The writings of Paul are tested against the prophet writings of the OT.
That is why they are accepted as being authentic inspired by the the Holy Spirit of God.
You need to look at the core values of Muhammad's teachings and compare them to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The laws of Islam are based on the ancient pagan Arab tribal beliefs that were part of their worship of the moon god called Allah.
Muhammad didn't change the laws of the pagan Arabs, Muhammad just combined all the other 360 idols into one god.
That is why Muhammad was called trust worthy by the pagan Arabs, and in the hadiths.
Please raed Hebrews and see Paul's forgeries.

An example of Paul's forgery can easily be seen in Hebrews 1. Read and come back to me.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162895 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Still making up blatant lies you evil little rat?
So what your sick muztard mind can't understand is a "15th Century forgery" ? LOL.
There are full manuscripts including John 1:1 going back to the mid 300s you moron and fragments from way before that.
Tone!

There are no full manuscripts of John not even of the other gospels till well in the 4th century.

We are not saying that to play with your mind but to make it clear that their is a difference between the real date of a manuscript and when for instance BAR (organisation for historicbible research, a leading authority)enthousiastically reports that the idea for the 7th c. CE text, found in 1956, might have very well been conceived in 80 CE.

All the papyri Orynchus f.i. come from the 3rd century.
The actual dating process leaves noroom for speculation.
Some reputable universities and musea will never send a text out for dating but rely entirely on the way the text compares to other texts, that since they do no actual C14 dating are thought to have also come from the same time. So it's circular reasoning and perpetuated mistake.

And then we also have all the forgeries. Really good ones at that.
Like the bonebox with jesus name on it f.i..
Finkelstein stated that all objects and texts that have not come from a reliable dig, straight from the earth with actual archeologists so to say, and that do not have progeny that can stand scrutiny, of the last 25 years are to be seen as forgeries.
People are so desperate to proof the bible right that they pay huge sums of money for such object.

In the meantime believers have not kept up with the news and we end up indefinitely correcting those reports.

Location hidden

#162896 Feb 10, 2013
And now i forgot where i left of...pfff scroll

Location hidden

#162897 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you insert foul language and abuses and insults in your posts?
Why can't you use civil language in your posts.
Who taught you to use such language?
Jesus told you "Love your enemies" and "Turn the other cheek". It is very difficult to find a Christian debater these days who does not insert at least ten abuses and insults in their posts.
May be you will say "jesus also used such language when he addressed Elders of Jews" as
You Fools,
You of Little faith,
You Wipers!
You White Sepulctures !
Etc. Etc.
Are you working on Jesus' footsteps?
I always wondered why they see this as the wisdom of Jesus teachings.
It does not bother them. Most do not even seem aware.
Or the one paraphrased: go away women, you are too stupid to give an answer to.

But then again, given the sword series, apologies are a dime of dozen.

Location hidden

#162898 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No scholars agree with you, only the slaves of an uneducated 7th century war lord agree with you. There is nothing scholarly in your arguments, they are all so juvenile.
Tell me about the three goddesses found in the original koran.
Amazing. I do not know what gospel you have.(i explained about the various translations KJV, NIV, Young's, NAS, the Dhouay Rheims etc.)But even i can read that it is all about what they heard him say or saw him do.
Jesus does not talk directly.
Only in one gnostic Thomas gospel. And that was not included in the official canon.
By the way, since i see some peole do not get that: the canon of the church uses inspired scripture as in only those writings that endorsed their view.
Is NOT the canon as established by the jews that has the word of god and inspired scripture by means of the prophets.
So it does not have the same stature.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162899 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus and his disciples were preaching without any book tugged under their Arms....how come the Holy Roman Catholic Church made in "Compulsory" that no one can preach until he (or she) has their 'Little Bibles" tugged under their arms?

May be Holy Ghost gave this Bible to Holy Roman Catholic Church?

Location hidden

#162900 Feb 10, 2013
shamma wrote:
end quote

poppycock.

All muslims will attest that i'm one of the if not the most ardent critic overhere.
But please read up. Some actual pre-conquest facts are hard to find. But persevere.
(why do i bother writing hundreds of posts and putting them all in one thread.:)))
But some things have not gotten around to. As to who actually lived first in the Kaába f.i.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#162901 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Holy or Unholy Trinity when Jesus was preaching his message.

It was once again Holy or Unholy Roman catholic Church which inserted this Trinity into Christianity.

Jesus had no part in it and he is not involved in the Trinity business, Holy or Unholy.

What our prophet did in 7th century was to remove all cobwebs and showed jesus in the true light in which he was. A righteous prophet of God, born without any human father to virgin Mary.

No God, no God in human form, no Word turning into flesh.... no plain and simple human. A prophet of God like many before him.

I am sure Holy or Unholy Roman Catholic Church did not like that very much.

But truth can not be withheld, because it will hurt the ego or sensitivities of Roman Catholic Church, can it?

Location hidden

#162902 Feb 10, 2013
Correction:
There are no full manuscripts of John not even of the other gospels, NOTHING PARTIALLY WRITTEN till well in the 4th century.

And i forgot to add the example of the codex sinaiticus. Which like the somewhat older Vaticanus was far from complete.
And the sinaiticus turns out to be a mix of various centuries.(which was not discovered immediately since it was devided up in parts and given to various researchers.)
Whether the same is the case with the Vaticanus i do not know. Haven't looked into that aspect.
The text deviating extremely from nowadays versions was more interesting.

Location hidden

#162903 Feb 10, 2013
These christians are daft. I don't think i can go through another (..47) 8?pages of Yahweh being dead. To get rude-boy jesus in his place.

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me what this sentence means? It is not English even though the letters used are English.
I know Word and I know Flesh....how the Word became Flesh?
Some magic? And then Flesh turned back into Word?
You have a bright future in Sci Fi Films!!
Sometimes I marvel at the "reasoning and understanding powers of these Bible Thumpers".
They just copy and keep on repeating things and statements, they do not understand a any thing about it, what it means and weather it makes any sense or not.
The more non sense and more non understandable it is, the better!!
Word became Flesh!! Forsooth!!
Like saying Chicken became Cow!!
Are trying to impress me with your ignorance of God?
First of all, can you verify that your knowledge and wisdom are superior to God, that you can absolutely say as a fact, that God cannot by His own Will bring forth an only Son?

It is evident that you are ignorant of the Holy Book that God gave to Moses.
For God sent prophets that prophesied in that Book that God Himself would come as the Messiah.
http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Messiah1.html
Its all there on that link.

The Scriptures verify that it was all accomplished by the Will of God.
end quote

Why can't you Shamma just answer the questions MUQ put up? It is about your understanding.
By now we can spell and tell it better than most christians. It's about understanding what you personally understand.
Let's put it differently in my next post on logos.

But to jews it's easy.
Jesus did not live up to the entirety of what a messiah is about. So he is a failed messiah.
He did not prophesy as such: give ceasar his taxes and it happened! Revelation is what prophethood of jesus basicly comes from.

Wycliff is right, and the earliest text would indeed not insert a person, but talk about ideas.
A messiah is and was always an actual working king.

Yahweh stated do not kill, no human sacrifice and he is supposed to be there, no intentions of suicide. So the NT might need the twisted OT as cruch but you don't own it nor understand it.
That's what i mean with snippets and bits out of context.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162904 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the Catholic Church has the authority to talk for God. The Catholic Church is Emanuael, God with us. We are know taught by God!
The Hebrew name “Immanuel” can be translated as,“God with us'' because of this you all believe jesus son of god, god, etc. your belief on this is based upon Isaiah 7:14 and Mathew 1:23

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

Point 1: According to your prophecy, he states that his name is Immanuel (God with us) not he is Immanuel .

Point 2: From what we learned in bible, Mary never called him Immanuel but Jesus through the instruction of angels and God. Your prophecy are lack of pretentsion and fake.

Luke 1:30-31 “The angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.”

Summary

Just because of the name, you cannot say He is God. For example Jerusalem is called : Lord of righteousness that doesn't mean Jerusalem is God. When Abraham went to a mountain to sacrifice his son Ishmael, he called the mountain LORD WILL PROVIDE doesn't mean the mountain is God. Therefore, Jesus is not son of God nore Immanuel. If he is Immanuel there is no proof that he is a God other than the writings by fake apostles.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Christianity/un...

Location hidden

#162905 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient as in very old LOGOS

Heraclitus
Ancient Greek Philosopher (~ 500 B.C.)
Logos & the Dynamic Unity of Reality
All things come out of the One and the One out of all things.... I see nothing but Becoming. Be not deceived! It is the fault of your limited outlook and not the fault of the essence of things if you believe that you see firm land anywhere in the ocean of Becoming and Passing. You need names for things, just as if they had a rigid permanence, but the very river in which you bathe a second time is no longer the same one which you entered before.(Heraclitus, 500 B.C.)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/philosophy-meta...

Location hidden

#162906 Feb 10, 2013
http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~funkk/Person...

Plato: reason for giving an account.
Lego:word

And now we would have to look up when greek ideas vigorated amongst the churchfathers and became more in use.
Philo of Alexandria was first looked upon favourably but later also declared anathema.
Since that happened at the beginning of the 3rd century, the way it is phrased later in John as the Word can not have been present, and we find that it wasn't.

So the question is a philsophical one, and not about logos being in the bible.
Since the interpretation of logos differs wildly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey's anti-Gulen campaign: Strengthening mil... 29 min Rockstar 15
News Bosnia's Gulenist Network 35 min Rockstar 14
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 45 min Mrs Sunny 490,308
News Coups have consequences - including making more... 56 min Rockstar 26
Will islam be finished in 10 years? 1 hr Ronnie Pickering 161
LUCIFER=HILAL=BIN=SAHAR= Islamic Symbol (Nov '15) 2 hr ALLAH d PAGAN ALLAH 13
Muslim Al lah D BEST of All CHEATERS & DECEIVERS (Dec '15) 2 hr ALLAH d PAGAN ALLAH 14
Why Muslims are hated. 8 hr Muslim hell 55
More from around the web