Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253999 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162858 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
You want clear proof?
what Jesus answered ,'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.(From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"
According Bible New Testament : ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"
And in quran Allah says...
"Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.(The Noble Quran, 112:1-4)"
And Jesus also predicted about prophet muhammed coming after him...
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/02...
The 1,500 year old bible is a fake:

http://www.aina.org/news/2012022916569.htm
jake

Ashburn, VA

#162859 Feb 10, 2013
earth - muslims = better place to live
Seriously

Netherlands

#162861 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great question and my answer is: Yes, Yahweh died fro all Christians and behold! Yahweh is dead! He died for post-Jesus Christians.
Who else did Yahweh die for before Jesus?
Praise be to none! Yahweh is dead! And the alleged Son is alive!
“Jehovah is the God ...
of the Living”

Is death stronger than God? Of course not! How
could death—or any other “enemy”—be stronger
than “God Almighty”?(1 Corinthians 15:26; Exodus
6:3) God has the power to undo death by
means of the resurrection, and he promises to do
just that in his new world. How sure is that promise?
God’s own Son, Jesus, tells us with words that
can fill our hearts with hope.—Read Matthew 22:
31, 32.
Speaking to the Sadducees, who did not believe
in the resurrection, Jesus said:“As regards
the resurrection of the dead, did you not read
what was spoken to you by God, saying,‘I am the
God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God
of Jacob’? He is the God, not of the dead, but of
the living.” Jesus here referred to the conversation
that God had with Moses at the burning bush
about 1514 B.C.E.(Exodus 3:1-6) According to Jesus,
Jehovah’s words to Moses—“I am the God of
Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of
Jacob”—indicate that the resurrection promise is
certain to be fulfilled. How so?
Consider first the setting. At the time that Jehovah
spoke to Moses, the patriarchs Abraham,
Isaac, and Jacob had long been dead—Abraham
for 329 years, Isaac for 224, and Jacob for 197.
Yet, Jehovah said “I am”—not “I was”—their God.
Jehovah spoke of those three dead patriarchs as
if they were still alive. Why?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162862 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>

Quran is not a biology or chemistry or other Science book but a book with gives authentic message to mankind. It has all scientific miracle and is explained indirectly. God says he created brain eyes mouth and we have to use them.
Incorrect.

A book claiming to come directly from God as an eternal guide to humankind should contain everything about the universe and serve as a reference manual for scientists but here we see multiple flaws in the Quran whenever it attempts dealing with subjects that science deals with.
Seriously

Netherlands

#162863 Feb 10, 2013
Jesus explained:“He [Jehovah] is the God, not
of the dead, but of the living.” Think for a moment
about the implication of those words. If there were
no resurrection, then Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

would remain forever in the clutches of death. If
that were so, Jehovah would be the God of corpses.
That, in turn, would mean that death is stronger
than Jehovah—as if he were too weak to free
his faithful servants from the grip of death.
What, then, may we conclude about Abraham,
Isaac, Jacob, and all faithful servants of Jehovah
who have died? Jesus made this forceful statement:
“They are all living to him.”(Luke 20:38) Indeed,
Jehovah’s purpose to resurrect his faithful
servants who have died is so sure of fulfillment
that he thinks of them as living.(Romans 4:16,
17) Jehovah will keep all such ones in his limitless
memory until his due time to restore them to
life.
Does the prospect of being reunited with a
dead loved one appeal to you? If so, remember
that Jehovah is infinitely stronger than death.

Jehovah is infinitely stronger
than death

Nothing can stop him from fulfilling his promise to
resurrect the dead.Why not learnmore about the
resurrection promise and the God who will fulfill
it? Doing so will surely draw you closer to Jehovah,
“the God ... of the living.”
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162864 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

My original point was that what Allah challenged the law of cause-effect. You have not applied a scientific approach to my question but rather a superficial answer that any simple Muslim can give.
Also there is no such a thing as scientific miracle.
Where science is concerned you seem to be light years from it.
It will be useless discuss with you the Quran under scientific scrunity.
How do you explain sentience?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162865 Feb 10, 2013
SC:

I meant how do you explain the origin/existence of sentience.

Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162867 Feb 10, 2013
RE-THINK AMONG JEWS:

Circumcision is an act of mutilation that sends a searing shock along the nerves unbalancing the fine nerve currents leading to the brain. I am circumcised as per tradition. These days an emerging trend among forward-thinking Jews is to withhold from circumcising their male children as they find it a form of abuse done without the consent of the child.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162871 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is political and has nothing to do with Islam or Judaism.
To me, both the Israelis and the Palestinians are idiots. G-d is not going to care a damn about the two fools.
Why would others settle their problems? It is in their own interest that this problems remains perpetual and it is amazing to see both bloody fools asking others to settle.
rabbee: i was not talking about, the israeli-palestinian conflict. i am talking about the muslem to muslem conflicts all over the world, even in the philipines today. and yes G-D does care, or THEY would not be giving this world hell. since no conflict takes place, unless G-D has commanded it to happen.

and do not give me with this crap, that all alleged as politics does not have religious consequences. and if you are not going to do as G-D desires, then G-D is never going to give you with a settlement. muslems are on the verge of losing it all, just like everyone else in this world that has thouroughly pissed off G-D.

i do not think any of you, are living in the reality. of just in how much precision control G-D is of this world. or are you one of this hypocrites, who only think that global warming is not a sign of G-D'S extreem anger with this whole world? if you pleasing to the devil, your going to tick off G-D. and it is only a matter of time then, before G-D takes action.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162872 Feb 10, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-49

Chapter 103 On Penitence

The weeping of the sinner ought to be like that of a father who weeps over his son [who is] near to death. O madness of man, that weeps over the body from which the soul is departed, and [yet] does not weep over the soul from which the mercy of God has departed because of sin!

Tell me, if the mariner, when his ship has been wrecked by a storm, could recover all that he had lost by weeping, what would he do? It is certain that he would weep bitterly. But I say to you truly, that in every thing [for which] a man weeps, he sins, except when he weeps for his sin. For every misery that comes to man comes to him from God for his salvation, so that he should rejoice [when it befalls him]. But sin comes from the devil for the damnation of man, and [yet] man is not sad about that. Surely here you can perceive that man seeks loss and not profit." …

Chapter 104 Continued

'Truly there are men who have both the inward affection and the outward tears. But he who is thus, will be a Jeremiah. In weeping, God measures more the sorrow than the tears.' Then said John: "O master, how does man lose in weeping over things other than sin?" Jesus answered:'If Herod; should give you a mantle to keep for him, and afterwards should take it away from you, would you have reason to weep?'

"No," said John. Then Jesus said:'Now has man less reason to weep when he loses aught, or has not that which he would; for all comes from the hand of God. Accordingly, shall not God have power to dispose at his pleasure of his own things, O foolish man? For you have of your own, sin alone; and for that ought you to weep, and not for aught else.'
Matthew said: "O master, you have confessed before all Judea that God has no similitude like man, and now you have said that man receives from the hand of God; accordingly, since God has hands he has a similitude with man." Jesus answered:'You are in error, O Matthew, and many have so erred, not knowing the sense of the words.

For man ought to consider not the outward [form] of the words, but the sense; seeing that human speech is as it were an interpreter between us and God. Now knew you not, that when God willed to speak to our fathers on mount Sinai, our fathers cried out: "Speak you to us, O Moses, and let not God speak to us, lest we die"? And what said God by Isaiah the prophet, but that, so far as the heaven is distant from the earth, even so are the ways of God distant from the ways of men, and the thoughts of God from the thoughts of men?
(Abridged)
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162873 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot kettle...pot kettle!! Oh dear paul!
You are very naive....
You do know that 0 to 1st century is less advanced than 7th century, meaning nearly 600 years behind the 7th century people?
You realise that you worship a 1st century Jewish teacher who applied to become Jewish Messiah and was rejected by the majority of Jews?
You also realise that your failed candidate was SO educated that he NEVER left a SINGLE verse in his own handwriting?
Which to many means he was possibly pretty clueless/uneducated too?!
rabbee: if i have TheTorah Scroll, i do not need to write anything. why rewrite what is alrealy their, for all seven days? i do not care how stupid, you all want to be not here in IT. cause G-D ain't going to change it, untill we quit being antiG-D preferred stupid.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162874 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for being here Rabbee..
A bit disappointed that you are unable to use your power and influence to get a few copies of your TheTorah published on the net.
rabbee: well if you are disappointed, then talk to G-D about it. cause i sure as hell, can't change what G-D is already commanded for me to do.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162878 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
That link is to some 15th century forgery.
What if the bible was forged by Saint Paul and other Romans who stole the original bible? You can defend but hard to agree the truth.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162879 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1,500 year old bible is a fake:
http://www.aina.org/news/2012022916569.htm
This site run by Catholics and offcourse they won't accept the truth, bring proof from official media.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162880 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the bible was forged by Saint Paul and other Romans who stole the original bible? You can defend but hard to agree the truth.
There is no question of what and if, Shane.

The Christian Bible was forged not only by Paul but also by many.

Salaams
BMZ
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162882 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no question of what and if, Shane.
The Christian Bible was forged not only by Paul but also by many.
Salaams
BMZ
I doubt if any Holy Bible existed at the time of Paul.

When he wrote his letters, there was No Gospel according to Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.

His letters to those Christian communities are the Oldest of all these Gospels which were written much after these letters.

that is why we find NO Quotation from these Gospels in his letters... and of course no quotes from Jesus either, because he never saw or met jesus when Jesus was alive and walking in this world.

It is strange that he declared himself Chief Spokesperson for Jesus and was able to fool the bulk of Christians!!

An amazing man, this Paul !!

Salaam

MUQ
bmz

Singapore

#162883 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a salve to an uneducated 7th century war lord. This war lord could not understand the concept of the Holy Trinity and his followers remain in his ignorance to this day.
Here is a link in your favor.

http://biblicalmissiology.org/2011/06/14/how-...

It talks about the 1st Century gay lord and explains the absurd Trinity to a Christian's 'Muslim'.

Please, try it on me and other Muslims.
bmz

Singapore

#162884 Feb 10, 2013
Addendum, Paul

Do not be disheartened. Be patient and the link will work. Thanks

By the way, when are you going to explain Trinity in your own words?
bmz

Singapore

#162885 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if any Holy Bible existed at the time of Paul.

When he wrote his letters, there was No Gospel according to Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.
His letters to those Christian communities are the Oldest of all these Gospels which were written much after these letters.

that is why we find NO Quotation from these Gospels in his letters... and of course no quotes from Jesus either, because he never saw or met jesus when Jesus was alive and walking in this world.

It is strange that he declared himself Chief Spokesperson for Jesus and was able to fool the bulk of Christians!!

An amazing man, this Paul !!

Salaam
MUQ
Yes, that is true. When Paul was preaching, the four gospels were not there.

Paul was a motor-mouth like John.

Paul came out of the blue and filled the vacuum left by Jesus and his disciples, who had all gone into hiding.

Salaams
BMZ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162886 Feb 10, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the Catholic Church has the authority to talk for God. The Catholic Church is Emanuael, God with us. We are know taught by God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min AlaTurq 492,412
Islam is shrinking. Quickly. 25 min Miley 38
No Country on Earth without Muslims 1 hr True _ Canadian _... 6
How Dumb Is The Sunni Con Man? 1 hr True _ Canadian _... 6
News More than 100 turn out to meet Muslim neighbors... 1 hr naman 1
Tom Is Nothing More Than A Con Man. 3 hr Fontaineblew 1
Tom Fontaine Is A LIAR. 3 hr Elizabetta 1
I became a muslim after reading this 7 hr God Said So 94
More from around the web