Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,556

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
reader

Seattle, WA

#161504 Feb 2, 2013
Mark 15:26 - The inscription:“The King of the Jews.”
Matthew 27:37 - The inscription:“This is Jesus the King of the Jews.”
Luke 23:38 - The inscription:“This is the King of the Jews.”
John 19:19 - The inscription:“Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.”

If an inscription which is a visual thing could not be correctly translated, now imagine how would verbal narrations be distorted ?
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#161505 Feb 2, 2013
Num 11:15,
"bera'ati" (my evil) was previously "bera'ateka" (Your evil), so that Moses' complaint to YHWH was,
"If you're going to burden me as a babysitter to these people, please kill me at once, that I may not look at Your evil"

one of the many known "tikkunei soferim" (corrections/amendations by scribes)

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161506 Feb 2, 2013
reader wrote:
Mark 15:26 - The inscription:“The King of the Jews.”
Matthew 27:37 - The inscription:“This is Jesus the King of the Jews.”
Luke 23:38 - The inscription:“This is the King of the Jews.”
John 19:19 - The inscription:“Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.”

If an inscription which is a visual thing could not be correctly translated, now imagine how would verbal narrations be distorted ?
Indeed!

It was a great observation, reader.

If there were a writer Tom, he would have reported:

"The inscription: "Jews' King"

Enjoyed reading that.

A great example of your valid question can be found in John 1 and Bible Gateway has opened a new door for Wycliffe's translation:

" John 1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]
2 This was in the beginning at God.
3 All things were made by him, and without him was made nothing [nought], that thing that was made.
4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men;
5 and the light shineth in darknesses, and [the] darknesses comprehended not it."

Amazing disgrace!

bmz

Singapore

#161507 Feb 2, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well ok luke, self skywalking. but i am not only, your grandfather. but the grandfather, of all on earth also. when it was not even my idea, to have any of you grandchildren. in case you have not read, TheTorah. it is all G-D'S Idea, and not mine.

soooorry if i am not, exactly what any of you didn't expect. but i do not answer to any of you, but only to BOTH MyPARENT in HEAVEN only. THEY are in charge of my life story, here in ThisStory of Creation not any of you. so don't think for one milisecond, that all of you and your grandmother cannot be replaced. for i shall do, as commanded by My Parent.

and your absurd statments about me, are no better than thier absurd statements about me. because none of you, are dealing in TheReality of being here in ThisStory of Creation again. and your delusions of not being here in TheTorah Happening, are just that vanity from that same old devil again...
Enjoyed reading that, dear Rabbee and this was a 5-Star comment:

"rabbee: well ok luke, self skywalking."
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161511 Feb 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoyed reading that, dear Rabbee and this was a 5-Star comment:
"rabbee: well ok luke, self skywalking."
rabbee: well i am sure they, are dense enough to not want to get it. they have a diffi-cult time, understanding what goes around alaways returns. and if it ain't ever good, then it is always going to be the same bad.

bmz

Singapore

#161512 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible is not corrupt it is the written Word of God. If you say it is corrupt it's because you do not have the Spirit of God dwelling in you.
Jesus is body, blood, soul, and divinity. Man is body, blood and soul. The divinity of God was hypostatically united with the His body, blood and soul. As our souls are united with our bodies God's divinity is united with Jesus' body making Him God.
Actually, this Jesus of yours and his 'father' are both men.

Let us help you find the real God, the LORD Almighty Allah, so that you can forget the two men and a ghost.

bmz

Singapore

#161513 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus the Christ is God Incarnate! He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Him.
Oh, I forgot that.

Let me add this:

Fully incarnate, fully hypostatic, fully dead and fully rebuilt, whatever that means.

bmz

Singapore

#161514 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible is not corrupt it is the written Word of God. If you say it is corrupt it's because you do not have the Spirit of God dwelling in you.
Jesus is body, blood, soul, and divinity. Man is body, blood and soul. The divinity of God was hypostatically united with the His body, blood and soul. As our souls are united with our bodies God's divinity is united with Jesus' body making Him God.
Hypostatic union is another absurd doctrine, which took about 80 years (451-533) to be fully fabricated.

You may not realize but this absurd doctrine was against the so-called in-dwelling of God in men.
So, if you are for the hypostatic union, then please DISCARD the in-dwelling of God in men.

Arianism, Apollinarianism, Ebionism, Eutychianism, Nestorianism and many other 'isms' were totally against this absurd doctrine. The Church declared them heresies and declared her own heresy 'the hypostatic union' as correct.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#161515 Feb 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot that.
Let me add this:
Fully incarnate, fully hypostatic, fully dead and fully rebuilt, whatever that means.
You did not check if his post made any sense from English Grammatical rules?

The words are English, but the whole post does not make any sense.!!

Salaam

MUQ

bmz

Singapore

#161516 Feb 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not check if his post made any sense from English Grammatical rules?
The words are English, but the whole post does not make any sense.!!
Salaam
MUQ
Indeed! Paul's posts do not make any sense.

When you respond to Paul, make it very short. Do not go into detail as that would be a waste of time.

Salaams
BMZ
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161518 Feb 2, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
and yet no one answered to my question,HOW CAN JESUS BE GOD,WHEN MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS?MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS(U SAY THAT JESUS IS GOD,SO THERE WAS.T GOD BEFORE MARY)WHO CREATED MARY AND THE LIFES BEFORE MARY ? GIVE ME AN ANSWER
Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ's body. Simple as that!
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161521 Feb 2, 2013
The Bible declares that Jesus is God:
"In the beginning was the Word(The Son), and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3).

"Who, being IN THE FORM OF GOD thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:6-8).
Jesus is the very image of God himself, but he humbled himself and became man. This is why he calls God his Father and his God, for he had made himself like man, and the ruler of man is God.

Because Jesus humbled himself to become like man, and submited himself to his Father, his Father has highly exalted him again, set him at his right hand:

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus (Yeshua) every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ IS LORD to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161522 Feb 3, 2013
"The LORD (The Father)said unto my Lord(The Son), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110:1).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161523 Feb 3, 2013
The Trinity, can be explained in scientific terms as: Three Clones, all identical, yet all One and the same.One person duplicated three times. One God, yet in three beings, all identical in essence, just like clones. This is why Jesus said,”I and the Father are One.”
If you can't understand scripture, maybe you can understand science!

bmz

Singapore

#161524 Feb 3, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ's body. Simple as that!
Every mother is the mother of her son's body. So, what is the big deal and what is so great about it?

bmz

Singapore

#161525 Feb 3, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
The Bible declares that Jesus is God:
"In the beginning was the Word(The Son), and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3).
That is a fraudulent translation. It is not present in any of the ancient manuscripts.

bmz

Singapore

#161526 Feb 3, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
The Trinity, can be explained in scientific terms as: Three Clones, all identical, yet all One and the same.One person duplicated three times. One God, yet in three beings, all identical in essence, just like clones. This is why Jesus said,”I and the Father are One.”
If you can't understand scripture, maybe you can understand science!
Why did Jesus not talk about the third at all here? There are only two in that. Right?

He did not say, "I and the Father and the Ghost are one."

Why did he leave the ghost out and who brought the ghost in?

Trinity is absurd and a lie, JP. It does not have any support from Jesus. Trinity was concocted long, real long after Jesus had passed away. Please let him rest in peace. Thanks
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161527 Feb 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of pointing "mistakes" of Quran, won't it be easier to bring a "Duplicate Quran"?
Follow the advice which I gave to SC, that would be easier and nice.
And who says that Quran says that humans were created out of "Clot of Blood"?
Did you know what Arabic word Quran used? Check its different shades of meanings and you will find that it matches with whatever views we have as on now and what we might have in future.
Why do you not read the books, Quran and Bible in the light of Modern Science by Dr. Maurice Buccaile?
Are you saying the koran does not say human conception starts with a clot of blood? So what does the koran say?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161528 Feb 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, this Jesus of yours and his 'father' are both men.
Let us help you find the real God, the LORD Almighty Allah, so that you can forget the two men and a ghost.
Jesus is fully God and fully man. Don't know what other 'man' you are talking about? It just a lie of yours. Please stick with the truth for if you have to lie, you are only lying to yourself.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161529 Feb 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypostatic union is another absurd doctrine, which took about 80 years (451-533) to be fully fabricated.
You may not realize but this absurd doctrine was against the so-called in-dwelling of God in men.
So, if you are for the hypostatic union, then please DISCARD the in-dwelling of God in men.
Arianism, Apollinarianism, Ebionism, Eutychianism, Nestorianism and many other 'isms' were totally against this absurd doctrine. The Church declared them heresies and declared her own heresy 'the hypostatic union' as correct.
Only the Catholic Church has the divine authority, through the Keys given St Peter by Jesus, to declare what is truth and what is heresy. Get it, Divine Authority. Jesus remains with His Catholic Church, Emanuel, so that now we can proclaim we are 'taught by God".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min DaniEl 378,336
Five beliefs of islam that muslims are too cowa... (Feb '14) 10 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 492
Another non Muzzie perverts 16 min Darth Yoda 10
Rochdale taxi firm offers white drivers over Mu... 1 hr PATRIOT_Who Loves... 9
Turkey, frustrated with West, clings to fading ... 1 hr truthsayer 74
Child Molestation in America 1 hr JIN 36
The Messenger of Allah did order women to breas... 1 hr bmz 75

Islam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE