Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255954 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160571 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not having any discussions or arguments with you, JP.
I was making you taste your own medicine.
With the civilized, I am very civil; with the crude, I am very rude!
You run down my Prophet, I will run down your Jesus, for I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Everyone knows my style here.
So Jesus is not a prophet of islam, I thought so. Thank you for clarifying it.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160574 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing. G-d supposedly sends an angel to John to reveal information and you believe it.[none of the information to John has come to fruition.]
G-d sends an angel to Muhammad to reveal information and you don't believe it.
Much of the book of Revelation has been fulfilled by the end of the 4th century. As the Jews did not understand their own Scriptures and so did not recognize the Messiah, Jesus, when He came, many Christians don't understand Revelation and have missed its fulfillment.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#160578 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
John MacArthur Sermon
www.youtube.com/watch...
Watched the lying ignorant fool.

Look at the bloody fools' statement around 4:14, where he says, "Sunnah sometimes called Hadith".

That was hilarious.

bmz

Location hidden

#160579 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus is not a prophet of islam, I thought so. Thank you for clarifying it.
Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam. The biblical Jesus is a character, who has hijacked the true son of Mary in my humble view.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160580 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not having any discussions or arguments with you, JP.
I was making you taste your own medicine.
With the civilized, I am very civil; with the crude, I am very rude!
You run down my Prophet, I will run down your Jesus, for I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Everyone knows my style here.
You still have not answered my question, why does your prophet qualify as a prophet, what future events did he fortell which have come to pass?

I bet yu didn't even bother to read my link here which shows that many biblical prophecies have come to pass. What did Mo predict which has com to pass?
www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-p...

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 7:15-20).

Mohammads fruits, were murder and rape - According to Jesus' explaination of a false prophet with bad fruit, Mo would defiantly qualify.

bmz

Location hidden

#160583 Jan 28, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your thought on Ahmadinejad, politically speaking?
I don't think he is a real politician but he is a very down to earth man and a very simple person.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160588 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he is a real politician but he is a very down to earth man and a very simple person.
Sure he is down to earth! The Iranian president is the one declaring the coming of the "Islamic Messiah", called Imam Madhi. The Iranian president even preached this an the UN. He could not be more deluded- He is waiting to welcome the Antichrist Himself.

bmz

Location hidden

#160592 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have not answered my question, why does your prophet qualify as a prophet, what future events did he fortell which have come to pass?
We use the English term prophet for messengers of God, who revealed God's messages to people.

We do not believe that a prophet's job was to prophesy. In our view, prophesies are junk and stuff, as they were simply lamentations.

Example: "If you do not behave well, God will bring another people over you and so on".

If you want to go on the basis of prophesies, then Nostradamus should be called the Greatest Prophet of the world. His department is still churning out prophesies.
John Preacher wrote:
bet yu didn't even bother to read my link here which shows that many biblical prophecies have come to pass. What did Mo predict which has com to pass?
I do not bother to read links full of junk and stuff. I watched the video for ten minutes and consider it a waste of my precious time, listening to an ignorant fool.

Nothing came to pass. Even Jebus did not come back within the life time of the people. They died in vain waiting for him.
John Preacher wrote:
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 7:15-20).
Jebus warned but what good was that warning? His warning was to his disciples and followers, who were Israelites, not Arabia and the world. The self-loathing sinner Paul, who actually saw Satan masquerading as Jebus, came out of the blue and hijacked his teaching. Right? He appointed himself as an apostle of Jebus. Right?

And then in Galatians 1:8, he warned people not to believe in any other gospel and to believe in what he had taught. Came in four gospels and the writers stand cursed and condemned under Galatians 1:8. You were not supposed to believe in any of the four gospels, according to Paul.

And then the monsters, who brought up the Trinity, should have been hewn down. Those, who said Jesus was God, should have had their tongues and throats slit. But that did not happen. Whatever the minions of Satan said, the Church accepted.
John Preacher wrote:
fruits, were murder and rape - According to Jesus' explaination of a false prophet with bad fruit, Mo would defiantly qualify.
According to Jebus, Paul was the false apostle and all the Church fathers were wolves in sheep's clothing.

In my humble opinion, Jebus was unfit to untie Muhammad's sandals. I would say that he was sent to pave the way for Muhammad.

bmz

Location hidden

#160595 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he is down to earth! The Iranian president is the one declaring the coming of the "Islamic Messiah", called Imam Madhi. The Iranian president even preached this an the UN. He could not be more deluded- He is waiting to welcome the Antichrist Himself.
That is his belief. He is entitled to that. Christians also believe that Jebus will come back again. Many leaders at the UN also believe in this but do not say. Perhaps they feel that they will look like fools.

Doesn't the silly claim that Jebus will be back sound ridiculous? I don't know what can he achieve, if he came again. If he tries to land in Israel, he will be shot down.

Personally, I do not believe that Jebus will be back. What for?

I believe Jesus was his own Anti.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160596 Jan 28, 2013
Mr. colonna....

99.84%(not 99.4%) supported Mussolini.

0.16%(not 0.6%) would have been Jews?

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Saudi Arabia

#160599 Jan 28, 2013
hello :)
So what you think of the Minister of High Education in Iran , and mmmm also the director of the Iranian National Museum (Who is a she, I guess you know) they've been in news in Iran recently .
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160602 Jan 28, 2013
Those, who said Jesus was God, should have had their
tongues and throats slit.- BMZ this just shows your blood lust, and that your God is not a God of Love but of War.
"And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy." (Revelation 16:5-6).
God will make the middle east water turn to blood and make, all the bloodthirty muslims drink it. For in the end days the muslim empire will rise and begin a mass slaughter of Jews and christians, and God will make the Middle east drink the blood they lusted for. Allah is bloodthirty, and requires mass human sacrifice, just like Moloch.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160603 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Design in the universe must be investigate using the scientific method. ID is just beginning to use the scientific method to investigate this design.
Wishful thinking. Cant happen. IT is not a science
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>The dogmatic scientist try to prevent this investigation at all cost for fear it may prove there is a God.
Stop being paranoid. Google ID and science. There are many many many pages that explain how ID is inappropriately articulated to fall under the scientific method.

And why you are at it, you might want to review what the term dogma means. Because you are using it incorrectly as well.

Location hidden

#160604 Jan 28, 2013
Scent of Memories wrote:
So what you think of the Minister of High Education in Iran , and mmmm also the director of the Iranian National Museum (Who is a she, I guess you know) they've been in news in Iran recently .
<quoted text>
Is that the one captured in a lip lock in the elevator. Or was that the last one?

Location hidden

#160605 Jan 28, 2013
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the nuclear explosion story?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/concoughlin...

What are we to make about reports from Israel that Iran's top secret Fordow nuclear facility has been hit by a massive underground explosion that has caused severe damage to the uranium enrichment programme and trapped 240 workers inside?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160609 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam. The biblical Jesus is a character, who has hijacked the true son of Mary in my humble view.
Your humble view makes no sense. What do you base your view of Jesus on; the koran? Hardly a good source, since there is no reason to accept the koran as anything more then the work of many men over many decades. The koran now used was writen by a man decades after mohammad died and all the other version's' burnt. Does not give one much faith in its accuracy or divine origin.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160610 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking. Cant happen. IT is not a science
<quoted text>
Stop being paranoid. Google ID and science. There are many many many pages that explain how ID is inappropriately articulated to fall under the scientific method.
And why you are at it, you might want to review what the term dogma means. Because you are using it incorrectly as well.
I don't need to look up the opinion of men to know that this universe did not happen by accident and that evolution is not the result of random mutations. The Boltzmann Brain Paradox and Anthropic Principle are but a couple examples the universe is not a random chance occurrence. The Boltzmann Brain Paradox tells us there is a greater chance of a disembodied brain floating around somewhere then there is for the billions of brains on this planet. This is saying there is a better chance of God’s existence then our own.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160611 Jan 28, 2013
All of God's old testament prophets predicted future events, but once again it seems Mo is the odd one out, with out any prophecy, not even worthy of being called "prophet".

The Bibles prophets are tried and true as their prophecies have come to pass, but there are neither miracles nor prophecies, to prove anything Mohammad said. What kind of prophet is that? Nothing but a false prophet.

Location hidden

#160612 Jan 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to look up the opinion of men to know that this universe did not happen by accident and that evolution is not the result of random mutations. The Boltzmann Brain Paradox and Anthropic Principle are but a couple examples the universe is not a random chance occurrence. The Boltzmann Brain Paradox tells us there is a greater chance of a disembodied brain floating around somewhere then there is for the billions of brains on this planet. This is saying there is a better chance of God’s existence then our own.
Straw man argument. I never argued here against a sentient or unpatterned universe.

Its just that I am appropriately diligent regarding my choice of terminology when referring to the scientific method.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160613 Jan 28, 2013
"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:9-10).

These fulfilled prophecies prove that these old testament prophets are true and that the bible is not corrupted as muslims claim:
www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-p...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Italy Rejects Leftist Move To Change Government. 5 min Seismic Sunni 5
Why Sunni TOM Will Watch Islam Burn In Europe. 7 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 4
News Off-duty a heroa cop wearing hijab threatened i... 20 min Marie-Luise_J 2
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 51 min think nucrema 503,081
Muslim uses children as decoys 1 hr Brexit 4
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 1 hr tongangodz 381
Is Allah Wiccan? 1 hr Wytch Walker 2
The final victory belongs to Islam. (Dec '14) 2 hr MUZZIEs DO TALK S... 39
I testify that there is no Allah 11 hr Allah 62
More from around the web