Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 247757 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157744 Jan 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious response considering Eric answered your question directly.
And dont you at least respect the scriptures enough (as you spend 100% of your energy here promoting them) eas to not make a bathroom joke about them?
That seems very weird to me, to be blunt.
I RESPECT the scriptures in whatever language they are written e.g. Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, English etc.

Now, Eric by his post seems to be implying that the scriptures are not in any other language except the one in his post and that is why I made my comment to him. It was really a MOCK as he knows very well that the English and other translations are still scriptures and he would not do as suggested because he knows better.

Your post tells me that the subtleties of my post went over your head , as usual.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157746 Jan 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious response considering Eric answered your question directly.
And dont you at least respect the scriptures enough (as you spend 100% of your energy here promoting them) eas to not make a bathroom joke about them?
That seems very weird to me, to be blunt.
Help:I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157747 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
What a disingenuous and stupid comment.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157749 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I RESPECT the scriptures in whatever language they are written e.g. Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, English etc.
Now, Eric by his post seems to be implying that the scriptures are not in any other language except the one in his post and that is why I made my comment to him. It was really a MOCK as he knows very well that the English and other translations are still scriptures and he would not do as suggested because he knows better.
Your post tells me that the subtleties of my post went over your head , as usual.
The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself. Frijoles and I have been trying to enlighten you as to that fact.

You asked a question. Your question was answered. You asked that it be only by scripture. You were answered only by scripture.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157750 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Forgiveness, first and foremost, entails an accurate accounting.
Christians were involved in the African slave trade based on what they knew from Paul and his advice to Philemon, but the very idea of one human owning another eventually became repugnant. Muslims have also been involved in the African slave trade, based on what they knew from Mohammad's own enslavements of captives from his myriad attacks on "disbelievers," but the idea of Muslims owning "disbelievers" never became repugnant to Muslims; it became unfeasible in the face of western Christian opposition.
Look it up.
1.Christians were NOT the only ones who were involved in the African slave trade.

2. Share the words of Paul that you speak of.

3. Do you find anything about slavery in the Tanach?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157752 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself. Frijoles and I have been trying to enlighten you as to that fact.
You asked a question. Your question was answered. You asked that it be only by scripture. You were answered only by scripture.
And you quoted the scriptures in a language that I do not understand and call that an answer.

You are a joke.

Moreover Hebrew now is not what it was 4000 years ago and that undercuts your argument.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157753 Jan 6, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam...

Excerpt:

The legality of slavery in Islam, together with the example of the Prophet Muhammad, who himself bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves, may explain why slavery persisted until the 19th century in many places (and later still in some countries). The impetus for the abolition of slavery came largely from colonial powers, although some Muslim thinkers argued strongly for abolition.
I can't help wondering if those Muslim thinkers who argued strongly THEN for abolition of slavery would TODAY be condemned as heretics and apostates and be subject to all manner of abuse and even death fatwas?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157755 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
2. Share the words of Paul that you speak of.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
HughBe wrote:
3. Do you find anything about slavery in the Tanach?
I'm not a Tanach scholar. Ask Frijoles or Eric.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157757 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.

Eric---The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself

HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus can YOU honestly make your first comment above when YOU know that I do not know Hebrew or any other language except English?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157758 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not a problem.
Exodus 21: 20-21" And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his MONEY."

I shall now read and respond to the other point.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157759 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
And you quoted the scriptures in a language that I do not understand and call that an answer.
You are a joke.
Moreover Hebrew now is not what it was 4000 years ago and that undercuts your argument.
I recall someone recently lauding a Hebrew scholar for trying to come up with a more accurate translation of the Tanakh. What happened to that person?

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Eric

Addison, IL

#157760 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus ...
Isn't that blasphemy for a Christian to take the name of Jesus in vain?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157761 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What is there in the link given supports SLAVERY. I don't see it so spell it out.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157762 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall someone recently lauding a Hebrew scholar for trying to come up with a more accurate translation of the Tanakh. What happened to that person?
Dear Eric, please read with understanding. There is no LAUDING in my words below.

HughBe---A not surprising undertaking and he has certainly highlighted the sheer INCOMPETENCE of 100's of sages and scribes of Judaism. Well done.

Is modern Hebrew the same as what was spoken and writeen 3000- 4000 years ago? What are the implications if there are differences?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157763 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that blasphemy for a Christian to take the name of Jesus in vain?
what is the meaning of vain?

When did I tell you that I call myself a Christian?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157764 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many freaks that I can't answer you all. However know, take faith in the fact that I know you are a freak. Islam is dead. Allah.....never was. End of story. Become Christian if you are faithful. We killed Islam during the 13 crusades. Join us and lets rule this world!
Eric

Addison, IL

#157765 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the meaning of vain?
When did I tell you that I call myself a Christian?
I am willing to play your games.

Isn't it blasphemy for a believer in Jesus as the Messiah to use his name in vain?
Eric

Addison, IL

#157766 Jan 6, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many freaks that I can't answer you all. However know, take faith in the fact that I know you are a freak. Islam is dead. Allah.....never was. End of story. Become Christian if you are faithful. We killed Islam during the 13 crusades. Join us and lets rule this world!
If you think Islam is dead you are living in la la land.

Please remember that you killed my people on the way to the 13 crusades. Why would we join you?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157767 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there in the link given supports SLAVERY. I don't see it so spell it out.
You asked me to "Share the words of Paul that you speak of," and I posted the link to Phileomon. If you can't figure out the SLAVERY angle, then I can't help you, but I will give you a big hint: see vss. 15 and 16!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157768 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to play your games.
Isn't it blasphemy for a believer in Jesus as the Messiah to use his name in vain?
What is the meaning of VAIN?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr ARISTOFARTIS IS P... 486,627
Why i left islam!!!!! 1 hr west is best 62
Hebrew ISHMAEL: Blessed But NOT CHOSEN 3 hr Muslims R Pagans 2
News The Right Fights Wedding Cake War on Overly Nar... 3 hr Richfield 69 15
SATAN ALLAH'sTHRONE was OVER d WATERS!read Evil... 3 hr Muslims R Pagans 75
Why I became a Muslim. 4 hr jesus 33
IF MohMad a REAL prophet Y didn't he CATCH d PO... 4 hr Muslims R Pagans 24
More from around the web