Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#152937 Oct 17, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
I'm in if you're in.

Who should bring the cheese dip?
Thanks. I am in. lol! That is great. Jake has three disciples now. Time to go after NQ.

How long shall we keep them under water before letting them out?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#152938 Oct 17, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'd like to see the court dockets also.:-)
Back in 2008, Jake had posted one on Photo-Bucket. I had seen that. It was a Court Notice from a "Festus" of some County.

Would you like to be the fourth disciple?
uhuh

Ulldecona, Spain

#152939 Oct 17, 2012
"You Pharisees travel the sea and the land to make one proselyte" (Matt 23:15)

Jesus was saying that Jews used to send out missionaries abroad!
is this just another fabricated saying of Jesus, or is there truth in it
uhuh

Ulldecona, Spain

#152940 Oct 17, 2012
according to ancient historians Jews actually did seek out new converts in the Greco-Roman period,

139 BCE Jews were expelled from Rome,
"The praetor banished the Jews from the city because they tried to pass on their religion to the Romans" (Valerius Maximus, Factorum Dictorum memorabilium)

19 CE 4000 Jews were expelled from Rome,
"As the Jews had flocked to Rome in great numbers and were converting many of the natives to their ways, Emperor Tiberius banished most of them" (Cassius Dio, Romaike historia)
"They were shipped to Sardinia and forced to fight the brigands there. The senate issued an edict: If they succumbed to the climate of pestilence, it would be a cheap loss" (Tacitus, Annales)

once Christianity became the official religion of the Roman empire, they stopped proselytizing out of fear
Frijoles

Waterbury, CT

#152941 Oct 17, 2012
Uhuh, do you miss the Good Old Days?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152942 Oct 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text> Ex,
You wrote, "They chopped off the ears of an innocent servant of the Jewish priest."
What did they do bu-tard?
Please tell us from each of the Gospels...
Oh you refer to the "ears" typo instead of "ear"?
Obviously "ears" would have involved great skill and expertise that the fisherman did not possess!!
----------
Luke 22:50
And one of them struck at the high priest's slave, slashing off his right ear.

Luke 22:51 (EAR HEALING AND REBUKING!)
But Jesus answered and said, "Stop! No more of this." And He touched his ear and healed him.
----------

John 18:10
Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear.

John 18:11 (NO EAR HEALING BUT PLENTY OF REBUKE!)
Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?"
A CLEVER MOVE TO SAVE THE CLUELESS DISCIPLES!

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible:
Then said Jesus unto Peter,.... By way of REBUKE, and to prevent his repeating the blow, and that further mischief might not ensue; for such a bold IMPRUDENT ACTION RISKED THE LIVES OF ALL THE DISCIPLES, who, in all probability, would have fallen a sacrifice to the fury and resentment of these men, had not Christ interposed in this prudent manner;

----------

Mark 14:47 AND 48 (NO EAR HEALING; NO REBUKING THE FIRST POPE!)
But one of the men with Jesus pulled out his sword and struck the high priest's slave, slashing off his ear.
Jesus asked them, "Am I some dangerous revolutionary, that you come with swords and clubs to arrest me?

----------

Matthew 26:51 and 52 (NO EAR HEALING BUT PLENTY OF REBUKE!!)
But one of the men with Jesus pulled out his sword and struck the high priest's slave, slashing off his ear.

"Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will die by the sword.....(MEANING ..YOU INCOMPETENT FOOL, IF THEY CATCH YOU WITH A RUSTY SWORD THEY WILL CERTAINLY KILL ALL OF US!)
----------

Does Bu-tard know what all the above is about?

Simple: The disciples are portrayed as inept, bumbling lying cowards who abandoned BJ at a drop of an EAR LOBE!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152943 Oct 17, 2012
The untroubled happiness of the early months of this year came to an end with the illness of Ibrahim his child. It was soon clear that he would not survive. He was tended by his mother and her sister Sirin, The Prophet visited him continually, and was with him when he was dying. As the child breathed his last, he took him in his arms, and tears flowed from his eyes. His forbidding of vociferous lamentation had made prevalent the notion that all expressions of woe at bereavement were to be discouraged, and the mistaken idea still lingered on in many minds. "0 Messenger of God," said 'Abd ar-Rahrnan ibn 'Awf, who was present, "this is what thou hast forbidden. When the Muslims see thee weeping, they too will weep." The Prophet continued to weep, and when he could find his voice he said: "Not this do I forbid. These are the promptings of tenderness and mercy, and he that is not merciful, unto him shall no mercy be shown. 0 Ibrahim, if it were not that the promise of reunion is sure, and that this is a path which all must tread, and that the last of us shall overtake the first, verily we should grieve for thee with a yet greater sorrow. Yet are we stricken indeed with sorrow for thee, 0 Ibrahim. The eye weepeth, and the heart grieveth, nor say we aught that would offend the Lord."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152944 Oct 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, all that is blasphemy.
You missed the big one, bro. This must be added to your current list of allegations and myths:
Jesus told Philip and his disciples that he was the Father.
All of them acknowledged and said, "Thank you, lord, for telling us that you are the Father. Now, we don't need to know the way. When can we see your mansion?"
Jesus kept quiet!
Thank you for that piece of valuable information brother.
Allow me to represent John 14, that was written by many "Johnnies":

2In my House are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6 Father said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to me except through me.

7 If you had known me, you would have known me also. From now on you do know me and have seen me.”

8 Philip said to him,“Lord, show us yourself, and it is enough for us.”

9 Father said to him,“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen me. How can you say,‘Show us yourself’?

10 Do you not believe that I am in me and I am in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but I who dwell in me do my works.

11 Believe me that I am in me and I am in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going me.

13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that I may be glorified in the Son.

14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16 And I will ask myself, and I will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

20 In that day you will know that I am in me, and you in me, and I in you.

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by me, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

22Judas (not Iscariot) said to him,“Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 The Father answered him,“If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and I will love him, and "we" will come to him and make our home with him.
24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but me who sent me.

25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom I will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

AMAZING IS IT NOT?
THE EDUCATED MANGOD LEAVES NO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUSES THE DEATH OF MILLIONS OF JEWS AS CHRIST KILLERS, INCLUDING THOSE IN GAS CHAMBERS, WHILE THE UNLETTERED MAN LEAVES A BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF GOOD NEWS KNOWLEDGE AND GUIDANCE.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152945 Oct 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I am in. lol! That is great. Jake has three disciples now. Time to go after NQ.
How long shall we keep them under water before letting them out?
I am in..sounds like i am in my father and my father in me!
Yep 3 are in...a trio and not yet a trinity?
Let's baptise them in "cheese dips"?
Now that's a novel and healthy way i guess.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152946 Oct 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
First it was "Make Hajj" and I had to correct you.
And now this?
Do you even know the difference between Hajj and Umrah, your D. Highness?
Make the Hajj or perform it? What difference does it make? It's still jumping through stupid hoops "for Allah."

The point is that your "prophet" saw an opportunity with the PRE-ISLAMIC and THOROUGHLY PAGAN Hajj and exploited it to his own theological and business advantage, but the question remains unanswrered:

Why did Mohammad kiss the "black stone" meteorite? Is it because it came from heaven?

LOL!!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152947 Oct 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What did they do bu-tard?
Please tell us from each of the Gospels...
Oh you refer to the "ears" typo instead of "ear"?
Ex Humed,

"Ears" was a typo? I doubt it.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152948 Oct 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that piece of valuable information brother.
Allow me to represent John 14, that was written by many "Johnnies":
2In my House are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going.”
5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”
6 Father said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to me except through me.
7 If you had known me, you would have known me also. From now on you do know me and have seen me.”
8 Philip said to him,“Lord, show us yourself, and it is enough for us.”
9 Father said to him,“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen me. How can you say,‘Show us yourself’?
10 Do you not believe that I am in me and I am in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but I who dwell in me do my works.
11 Believe me that I am in me and I am in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.
12“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going me.
13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that I may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16 And I will ask myself, and I will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20 In that day you will know that I am in me, and you in me, and I in you.
21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by me, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
22Judas (not Iscariot) said to him,“Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”
23 The Father answered him,“If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and I will love him, and "we" will come to him and make our home with him.
24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but me who sent me.
25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom I will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
AMAZING IS IT NOT?
THE EDUCATED MANGOD LEAVES NO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUSES THE DEATH OF MILLIONS OF JEWS AS CHRIST KILLERS, INCLUDING THOSE IN GAS CHAMBERS, WHILE THE UNLETTERED MAN LEAVES A BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF GOOD NEWS KNOWLEDGE AND GUIDANCE.
HEY, I CAN ALSO TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!!

Tell us about how your prophet ordered that the men and boys of the Banu Qurayza, a Jewish tribe, should be beheaded for "treason." As many as 900 may have lost their heads "for Allah and His Messenger," but there is some dispute about numbers among the 70+ sects of Islam.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152949 Oct 17, 2012
CORRECTION:

Tell us about how your "PROPHET" ordered that the men and boys of the Banu Qurayza, a Jewish tribe, should be beheaded for "treason." As many as 900 may have lost their heads "for Allah and His Messenger," but there is some dispute about numbers among the 70+ sects of Islam.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152950 Oct 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Idiot,

Jesus "causes" the death of no one, because most UNLIKE your "PROPHET," Jesus never orders the murders of his critics.

Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

Tabari VII:97 "The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared,'Kill any Jew who falls under your power.'"

Tabari VIII:178
Ishaq:550 "Muhammad ordered that certain men should be assassinated even if they were found behind the curtains of the Ka'aba. Among them was Abdallah bin Sa'd [the Qur'an's one and only scribe]. The reason that Allah's Messenger ordered that he should be slain was because he had become a Muslim and used to write down Qur'an Revelation. Then he apostatized [rejected Islam]."

Ishaq:597 "When the Apostle returned to Medina after his raid on Ta'if, word spread that he had killed some of the men who had satirized and insulted him. The poets who were left spread in all directions."
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152951 Oct 17, 2012
Qur'an 2:191 "And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter."

Did Jesus ever issue such orders? No, never. Not even Qur'anic Jesus issued such orders, but he probably should have; that way Mohammad wouldn't have had to appeal to Moses and Joshua to justify his own "divinely ordained" cruelties* against "infidels" and "apostates."

*Cruelties, such that were they committed TODAY would land the perp in a hospital for the criminally insane until such time as the perp would be found mentally competent to stand trial.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152952 Oct 17, 2012
MUHAMMAD AND THE DEATH OF KINANA
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/kinana.h...

"Kinana al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of Banu Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought"), to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, "Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?" He said "Yes". The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, "Torture him until you extract what he has." So he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud."

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#152953 Oct 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>a pagan ritual that Mohammad, ever the shrewd businessman, incorporated into his new fangled religion. Hajjis need places to stay and food to eat.
Q. Why did Mohammad kiss the meteorite?
rabbee: because you and muhammed, don't know how to spell: me-terror-rite.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152954 Oct 17, 2012
"Torture him until you extract what he has." ~ Mohammad, the PERFECT MAN.

http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/mohammed/

"Over 30 times the Koran says that every human being is supposed to do everything in their life patterned after Mohammed. Then it turns around and says over 40 times that if you don't do everything like Mohammed did it, you will go to hell."

Even wiping your butt!

LOL!!!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152955 Oct 17, 2012
"Mohammed had a very dualistic personality. He had a sense of humor, he loved children. He wept when his favorite warrior was killed. But at the same time he was a soft-spoken man who laughed heartily when the head of one of his enemies was thrown at his feet. He was the perfect slaveholder and slave trader. Mohammed was deeply involved in slavery. Indeed, one of the ways he financed jihad was through the sale of slaves. He got his slaves in the time-honored way of killing their protectors. He attacked a tribe, killed the male members until the rest surrendered and then they were given a choice to convert. If they didn't, they were sold into slavery. Women, children, men. This was profitable and, indeed, jihad was profitable. He used jihad to finance more jihad. Mohammed came up with a way to make religion and politics pay and pay well."
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#152956 Oct 17, 2012
Jake999 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I bring into your lives will be new and I will bring with me all new laws and operating systems that will never fail. I have come to accomplish the purpose for which all religious books were written.
rabbee: what are you going to do, make the worship of false g-ds legal? even legalizing murder, is nothing new. since the gnu-new neotestyment muslems have already done that.

for TheG-D, of my visitations as adam. is not TheG-D of new laws, or other new testament operating systems. otherwise we would not be, all here in TheTorah again.

but what does G-D, have to say? about you rejecting, G-D'S Operating System (GOS). that this world, has and is always rejecting. that always results in our, never ever getting out of this exact same Story again.

cause you all like getting hell from G-D, rather than blessings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Doug Jones 3 hr Khan 23
The Bible has millions of errors & contradictio... (Jun '17) 4 hr Khan 44
Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel 4 hr Khan 53
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 hr Syiana 521,956
JEWS r d REAL PALESTINIANS NOT LAND GRABBER Pa... 8 hr JEWs R TRUE PALs 1
JERUSALEM,Ancient Capita of Israel 8 hr JEWs R TRUE PALs 1
JM: Anti-american sentiments SOARING in Europe (Jun '14) 8 hr Khan 137
More from around the web