Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255958 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#152227 Oct 7, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh cheap score. MUQ made a similar mistake verse 49 instead of 48, i do not make a big deal of that.
It's simple, reading about 'submission' being repeated in verses....66:11, 13:156...
So a simple oversight or rather taking together.

The actual verse:
66:12 And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

Wamaryama ibnata AAimrana allatee ahsanatfarjaha fanafakhna feehi min roohinawasaddaqat bikalimati rabbiha wakutubihi wakanatmina alqaniteena

Maybe you could now focus on the plurality.
OK but next time, be careful. quote properly.

The verse talks about Maryam, the fetus or the zygote of Jesus and tells us that God gave life to the fetus.

The transliteration that you quoted clearly says "fanafakhna feehi".

Fanafakhna means "We breathed" in archaic English or simply "We gave life to".

Feehi is a combination of two Arabic words. "Fee" means "In" and "hi" means "it". So,'feehi' means 'in it'.

That "it' was the zygote or the fetus of Jesus. You don't call a fetus in early stage a 'he' or 'she'.

Now, describe what plurality and whose plurality do you see in that verse.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#152228 Oct 7, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems Maat(Mind altering and toxic) is marginally better than bu-tard!
MAAT is incoherent and some times writes foolish posts. Buford is an angry man and always half drunk, when he writes silly posts.

In the last 2-3 days, I have noticed that MAAT has made some foolish statements and that is why I am taking her to task.

Salaams
BMZ

Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152229 Oct 7, 2012
bmz wrote:
The verse talks about Maryam, the fetus or the zygote of Jesus and tells us that God gave life to the fetus.
The transliteration that you quoted clearly says "fanafakhna feehi".
Fanafakhna means "We breathed" in archaic English or simply "We gave life to".
Feehi is a combination of two Arabic words. "Fee" means "In" and "hi" means "it". So,'feehi' means 'in it'.
That "it' was the zygote or the fetus of Jesus. You don't call a fetus in early stage a 'he' or 'she'.
bmz the gynecologist prophet,

Where did the zygote or the fetus of Jesus come from?
cute donkeys

Springfield, NJ

#152230 Oct 7, 2012
Allah is make believe
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152231 Oct 7, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems Maat(Mind altering and toxic) is marginally better than bu-tard!
At least we now know for sure that bu-tard is a Catholic fanatic!
Bu-tard's deranged posts about murders, rapes, robbery can now be explained in terms of accusations that are levelled against his Holy Church that promotes human sacrifice on the cross and cannibalism. "At the Last Supper, on the night he was betrayed, our Savior instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his Body and Blood." (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1323)!
Now bu-tard can defend the rest:
- Naughty nuns and priests who follow Rev 14:4
- Catholic Church Fears Growing Vatican Bank Scandal
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...
- Is The Butler's Holy Ghost NOT the official Holy Ghost?
The defendant said he was inspired by the Holy Ghost to rid the Vatican of ''evil and corruption'! They said he was MAD!
From court documents, trial testimony and the book itself, the anatomy of the scandal has taken shape: They describe how a 46-year-old father of three, said by court-ordered psychiatrists to be UNSTABLE, desperate for attention and with illusions of grandeur, came to consider himself inspired by the Holy Spirit to expose the Vatican's dirty laundry for the sake of saving the church.
- Probably Butler's Ghost was better than the Vatican's official ghost! As a result the head of the Vatican's own bank was sacked and poor butler of pope was arrested over leaks that exposed the conspiracies among cardinals and corruption in the Church's financial dealings with Italian business!! Why didn't the officcial holy ghost stop the corruption?
- Why does Vatican man of God have "secrets". If the representative of Christ can't be open and honest he should be sacked or are they waiting for Messiah to return to kick the Vatican man out so he would run out with a cross stuck up his posterior?
- Italian cardinals are subversively trying to gain more control in choosing Pope Benedict XVI's successor, according to a series
of embarrassing leaks.
- A steady stream of leaked documents since the beginning of the year has revealed the Holy See to be an unholy nest of conspiracies, backstabbing, and ambition. "Vatileaks," as the scandal has been dubbed, has smashed the Vatican's code of silence to reveal a long-standing tradition of bitter rivalries and corruption. The leaks point to at least three shadowy, interlocking plots:
**an anonymous campaign to undermine Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican secretary of state and Pope Benedict XVI's top deputy;
** a struggle over the future of the Vatican bank;
** Subversive attempts to gain control over appointment of the next pope
Lying Ex-Christian with an Attitude,

I don't excuse or justify anything that the Catholic Church has done in violation of the clear command that Jesus gave to his disciples to imitate his loving example.

For your part, what you dismiss as my "deranged posts about murders, rapes, robbery" are nothing more than DIRECT QUOTES from authoritative MUSLIM sources that glorify Mohammad's many predations and savageries "for Allah" because he was supposedly "His Messenger."

You haven't denied or disproven anything that I've posted from these sources -the Qur'an and Hadiths- while you HAVE spent a considerable amount of time attacking Christianity in general and me in particular.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152232 Oct 7, 2012
bmz wrote:
MAAT is incoherent and some times writes foolish posts. Buford is an angry man and always half drunk, when he writes silly posts.
In the last 2-3 days, I have noticed that MAAT has made some foolish statements and that is why I am taking her to task.
Salaams
BMZ
You're your own sect of Islam, making it up as you go.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152234 Oct 7, 2012
Qur'an 8:40 "If people are obstinate, and refuse to surrender, know that Allah is your Supporter. And know that one fifth of all the booty you take belongs to Allah, and to the Messenger, and for the near relatives (of the Messenger)."
Does this mean that "Allah" gets one fifth, "the Messenger" gets one fifth, and the "near relatives (of the Messenger)" get one fifth? That leaves two fifths of "the booty" (treasure and slaves) to be divied up by the troops.

Maybe what is meant is that "Allah," "the Messenger," and "the near relatives (of the Messenger)" get a COMBINED one fifth of "the booty" (treasure and slaves), or a one fifteenth share.

In any case, who gets to manage "Allah's" share of "the booty" (treasure and slaves)? Does the Qur'an say? I'm sure it does, somewhere!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152236 Oct 7, 2012
Qur'an 81:24 "Neither is he a concealer, withholding knowledge of the unseen. Nor is it (the Qur'an) the Word of an evil spirit accursed, the utterance of a devil, the curses of Satan."

Tabari VII:97 "The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared,'Kill any Jew who falls under your power.'"

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152237 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari V4B52N46 "I heard Allah's Apostle saying,'Allah guarantees that He will admit the Muslim fighter into Paradise if he is killed, otherwise He will return him to his home safely with rewards and booty.'"

Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The captives of Khaybar were divided among the Muslims. Then the Messenger began taking the homes and property that were closest to him."

Tabari VIII:116
Ishaq:511 "So Muhammad began seizing their herds and their property bit by bit. He conquered home by home. The Messenger took some of its people captive, including Safiyah and her two cousins. The Prophet chose Safiyah* for himself."

*Safiyah was the widow of Kinana, a Jew, who was tortured with fire and then beheaded on orders from "the Holy Prophet PBUH."

See: http://www.exmoslim.org/kinana%20en%20safiya....
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152239 Oct 7, 2012
Ishaq:594 "The Apostle gave gifts to those whose hearts were to be won over, notably the chiefs of the army, to win them and through them the people."

Holy bribery, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152240 Oct 7, 2012
Tabari IX:38 "In this year, the Messenger sent Amr to collect the zakat tax from Jayfar and Amr, the clans of Julanda and Azd.... He collected the jizyah from the Zoroastrians."

Holy extortion, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152241 Oct 7, 2012
Muslim:C14B39N6759 "Aisha, the wife of Allah's Apostle, reported:'Allah's Messenger left my apartment during the night. Then he came and he saw me in an agitated state.' He said: "Aisha, what has happened to you? Do you feel jealous?" I said: "How can it be that a girl like me would not feel jealous in regard to a husband like you? Thereupon Allah's Messenger said: "It is your devil who has come to you." I said: "Allah's Messenger, is there a devil with me?" He said: "Yes." I said: "Is there a devil attached to everyone?" He said: "Yes." I said: "Allah's Messenger, is there a devil attached to you also?" He said: "Yes."'"

Holy hell, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152242 Oct 7, 2012
Tabari VI:110 "When Muhammad brought a revelation from Allah canceling what Satan had cast on the tongue of His Prophet, the Quraysh said,'Muhammad has repented of what he said concerning the position of our gods with Allah."

Holy screwup, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152245 Oct 7, 2012
Qur'an 37:6 "We have decked the lower heaven with stars to protect them against all rebellious evil spirits, and provide security from every forward devil. So they cannot listen to the highest chiefs for they are pelted from every side, repulsed; they are under a perpetual torment, being driven off. Except such as they snatch away something by stealth, but then they are pursued by a flaming fire of piercing brightness."

Holy comic relief, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152246 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari:V6B60N332 "The Prophet said,'Last night a demon from the Jinn came to me to disturb my prayer, but Allah gave me the power to overcome him. I intended to tie him to one of the pillars of the mosque till the morning so that all of you could see him.'"

But the demon from the Jinn was just too slippery!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152247 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari:V9B93N650 "Some people asked the Prophet about soothsayers.'Allah's Apostle! Some of their talks come true.' The Prophet said,'That word which happens to be true is what a Jinn snatches away by stealth (from Heaven) and pours it in the ears of the soothsayer with a sound like the cackling of a hen. The soothsayer mixes it with one hundred lies.'"

Unholy hen cackles, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152248 Oct 7, 2012
Qur'an 68:1 "I call to witness the Pen and what it writes. You are not a demented madman or possessed."

Write it 1000 times and it becomes TRUE!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152249 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari:V6B60N662 "Allah's Apostle said,'Some eloquent speech is as effective as magic.'"

Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech.'"

Holy magic, Batman!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152250 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari:V6B60N658 "A man worked magic on Allah's Apostle until he started imagining that he had done a thing that he had not really done."

Damn! I was SURE that I'd turned off the oven before leaving for Khaybar!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152251 Oct 7, 2012
Bukhari:V4B54N506 "When a human being is born, Satan touches him at both sides of the body with his two fingers. That is why it cries.'"

Satan only has two fingers! Who knew?

Wait a second...is that one finger per arm, or are the two fingers on one arm and the other arm is a stump?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam will re-unite the world. 23 min Croak already 4
Naz Shah the Labour racist 30 min Brexit 1
News Indonesia savored its ties to Obama. Now it pre... 35 min Marie-Luise_J 1
News 'Respect for your country is an important part ... 35 min Don 28
News Pakistan honours Ahmadiyya Nobel laureate Abdus... 42 min Marie-Luise_J 1
Turks hate muslim refugees 51 min Brexit 1
Muslim enforcer jailed 56 min Brexit 1
The final victory belongs to Islam. (Dec '14) 2 hr Jesus Is 53
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 hr tsou re lackey 503,186
More from around the web