Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150181 Sep 25, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is you who fails to properly read and comprehend what is said.
Your just confused.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150182 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic...

Can you remain composed and proceed in an adult manner without tirade and defaming accusation when faced with adversity...such as a lawyer would have to in court proceedings?

Honest yes or no...
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150183 Sep 25, 2012
Gods Holy Bible is accurate:
http://www.onlythrujesus.org/id22.html
hello stupid people

Madison, WI

#150184 Sep 25, 2012
Sometimes Jesus talked the big talk like "I've come to bring fire and sword", "I've come to bring strife between father and son" and so on. He also had violent episodes of table-turning and cursing everyone and everything including a fig tree.

But he's the only prophet put under gentile occupation, the Roman enslavement. He didn't have the resources, even a small army, to show his true YHWH colors.

He had no choice but to be meek.

Location hidden

#150185 Sep 25, 2012
hello stupid people wrote:
Sometimes Jesus talked the big talk like "I've come to bring fire and sword", "I've come to bring strife between father and son" and so on. He also had violent episodes of table-turning and cursing everyone and everything including a fig tree.
But he's the only prophet put under gentile occupation, the Roman enslavement. He didn't have the resources, even a small army, to show his true YHWH colors.
He had no choice but to be meek.
And your point is?
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150186 Sep 25, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Skeptic...
Can you remain composed and proceed in an adult manner without tirade and defaming accusation when faced with adversity...such as a lawyer would have to in court proceedings?
Honest yes or no...
I am fully composed.
You are not a good judge of character.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#150187 Sep 25, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>He can't help it, there's something wrong there, very wrong.
I made the same observation a few months ago about Mr Hughbe.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#150188 Sep 25, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>A little extreme, I agree. But the basic concept is sound. If we simply keep giving people money, while allowing our education system to produce a generation of uneducated "victims", what can we expect?
Please elaborate on that thought. What is this generation of uneducated victims you refer to?

Location hidden

#150189 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>I am fully composed.
You are not a good judge of character.
Why would you say that?
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150190 Sep 25, 2012
Our education system is turning out children that have no desire to be responsible for the own actions.
And this has put a burden on our society.
Many of those that graduate from high school are unable to read and write at fourth and fifth grade levels.
Their comprehension skills are very low.
They have no ideals and no motto to guide them into the future.
They just exist taking in what ever comes there way.
And things have gotten worse since Obama has been in office.
The job market is down and this tends to lead to idol time.
And more teen girls are getting pregnant and left to fence for them self, and become dependent on the states for welfare.
So we get into a cycle where more and more people become dependent on the government to take care of them.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150191 Sep 25, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you say that?
From your inter action with me, and your generalization of the early Church fathers.
They weren't struggling to find truth, they were struggling against those that opposed truth.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#150192 Sep 25, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm asking YOU that. Furthermore, I can't agree to your premise (that Jesus was God-man), so if we cannot agree to basics (that Jesus was the Son of god, and not godman on earth, defined by Trinitarians as fully man and fully God at the same time in one body, or three bodies in one attachment as statues and representations would have it, whatever the story is), I cannot go on with your premise to come to a salient conclusion. If you want to say that he was a MAN on earth and not God (at least Thomas called him God AFTER his resurrection), I might be able to discuss it with you better.
OK! Let's start at some basics. Jesus died on the cross and lost consciousness for approximately three days, meaning that he was aware of NOTHING, and then he rose from the dead and became God. Right or wrong?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#150193 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about the Bible.
You stuck your foot up your ass and now your trying to get it out by changing the subject.
I challenged you and you are walking away.
I pegged from the start as a dumb bell and you are proving me right.
My question is why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?
Where is your answer?
You said you would defend Islam if it was challenged.
And I Challenged you with my question, "Why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?"
Where is your answer?
You are suffering from foot-in-mouth and head-in-arse diseases.

Let me answer because BT 42 is not a Muslim.

First, you must never say God's Holy Bible, because God gave no Bible.

You know very well that Jesus did not come with anything, did not bring anything new and did not give any book or left a book behind.

Qur'aan does not even mention the word Bible and neither does it talk at all about the OT or the NT.

This is what it does:

It refutes, rejects and condemns Trinity or your triune God.

It rejects the false claim that Jesus was the son of God and it also condemns the false claim that Jesus is God.

And that is true because for three hundred and fifty plus years, no one knew of the trinity. And various Bishops were quarreling for three hundred plus years about who was Jesus and what was his nature, etc.

This shows that all the so-called Bishops were foreigners, who had not even sat in the company of Jesus' own disciples or even in Paul's company.

Short and sweet! You do not even know the true God and neither do you know the true Jesus.

This Jesus of yours is some foreign, most likely a Roman or a Greek character.

bmz

Location hidden

#150194 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Your just confused.
Hilarious! You are the one, who is not only confused but also an ignorant fool!
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150195 Sep 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are suffering from foot-in-mouth and head-in-arse diseases.
Let me answer because BT 42 is not a Muslim.
First, you must never say God's Holy Bible, because God gave no Bible.
You know very well that Jesus did not come with anything, did not bring anything new and did not give any book or left a book behind.
Qur'aan does not even mention the word Bible and neither does it talk at all about the OT or the NT.
This is what it does:
It refutes, rejects and condemns Trinity or your triune God.
It rejects the false claim that Jesus was the son of God and it also condemns the false claim that Jesus is God.
And that is true because for three hundred and fifty plus years, no one knew of the trinity. And various Bishops were quarreling for three hundred plus years about who was Jesus and what was his nature, etc.
This shows that all the so-called Bishops were foreigners, who had not even sat in the company of Jesus' own disciples or even in Paul's company.
Short and sweet! You do not even know the true God and neither do you know the true Jesus.
This Jesus of yours is some foreign, most likely a Roman or a Greek character.
The Quran can refute Gods Holy Bible all it wants.
But it has no truth.
The Holy Bible is Gods Bible to man.
It is the inspired word of God written by men of God.
The Holy Bible of God has been proven to be 100% accurate.
And God would never send an angel to Mohammed to contradict Gods own inspired words in His Holy Bible.
You don't Get it, Muslims have to prove that Gods Holy Bible is corrupted and they cannot do that.
Muslims could not prove the Holy Bible was corrupted in Mohammed's time and Muslim's can not prove Gods Holy Bible is corrupted today.
Can you prove Gods Holy Bible is Corrupted?
bmz

Location hidden

#150196 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
Can you prove Gods Holy Bible is Corrupted?
Yes, I have proved many times that your Bible is corrupted and full of forgeries.
bmz

Location hidden

#150197 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
The Holy Bible is Gods Bible to man.
Not true. It is man's book written about God and men.

Your book falls under hagiography.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#150198 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
Our education system is turning out children that have no desire to be responsible for the own actions.
Many of those that graduate from high school are unable to read and write at fourth and fifth grade levels.
They have no ideals and no motto to uide them into the future.
And more teen girls are getting pregnant and left to fence for them self, and become dependent on the states for welfare.
So we get into a cycle where more and more people become dependent on the government to take care of them.
What are you going to do to stop it? Do you really think that taking away support is going to solve the problem? If you get your way, you'll see what will happen, it's inevitable. You're blaming it in part on the school system. Who runs the school system there? Muslims? Perhaps you can volunteer to help young people in an afterschool reading program or some such, or better yet, go out and teach them what the Bible says about morality while you're helping them with other aspects of their lives. Most likely these children go to church with their parents, believe in Jesus Christ, etc., so what's wrong? Aren't they being taught morality? Perhaps you can help them and tell them how they'll burn in hell for some reason, or perhaps if they're saved once, God will forgive them for all their sins, no matter what. You know how it goes -- once saved, always saved. Or perhaps you can tell them it's all foreordained -- if they're going to hell and burn, there's nothing they can do about it. And if they're going to heaven, that's it -- they're going to heaven no matter what. Isn't that the way it works? Maybe these kids are saved foreordained and you'll be seeing them in heaven. or hell. Only God knows.

Location hidden

#150199 Sep 25, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>OK! Let's start at some basics. Jesus died on the cross and lost consciousness for approximately three days, meaning that he was aware of NOTHING, and then he rose from the dead and became God. Right or wrong?
Well, I need to clarify that. When you say he died and "lost consciousness," I can't quite go along with that term, although it's not exactly wrong, but I'd like to clarify. A person that is dead is not conscious, but a person that's alive can also lose consciousness. Therefore, I'd rather phrase it this way: "Jesus died on the cross and was dead for approximately three days, he was aware of nothing, and came back from the dead." (We'll discuss the God part later.) Can we at least agree on that sentence for starters? Then we can discuss the God part.

Location hidden

#150200 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
They have no ideals and no motto to guide them into the future.
I know a lot of people whose children go to the public school system, and who are being taught how to read well, and how to work well, and how to have a good work ethic. These thoughts are being implemented by their parents in accord with what the Bible REALLY teaches. These children are taught to keep themselves free of sexual immorality, cheating, drugs, and other forms of dangerous behavior. Not everyone wants to listen, but many of the children I know are being taught very well both by the school system in regard to reading (not necessarily morality, although many teachers have high standards but are not "allowed" to teach morality in school, this is reserved for the home) and their families who take an active interest and role in helping their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy model converts to Islam 2 hr AussieBobby 5
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 hr J_a_n 514,043
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 179
Sexual Slavery and enforced Prostitution in India 6 hr Faith 14
Islam will prevail in America 7 hr J_a_n 42
Islam is the last hope of humanity 7 hr J_a_n 38
Not in my name ! 7 hr J_a_n 29
More from around the web