Straight to the point... Marijuana/Ha...

Straight to the point... Marijuana/Hashish/Cannibus etc and Islam...

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
TM 031 FL

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Dec 10, 2007
As-Salaam-Alaikum Brother and/or Sister,

My name is Faraz, and I currently live in Florida. In my journey towards finding myself one with Allah, and the many differents paths one can take in finding the way, I have came across something that I may need help from someone that may be more expirenced in the fields of the Islamic way. I have been searching for a long time to find what we call is the 'right way'. I feel as if I am going towards the right direction, but now I am sort of at a stop. I am having trouble figuring out if the way I am practicing my ways of life is wrong or sinful. Through my recent years I began to start the usage of marijuana. But though as bad as it sounds, I dont find it to be bad at all. I am currently 20 years of age, and I did not start consuming it until just about a year or so. For all of my childhood years and teenage years, it has been around me but I never had the urge or feeling to even want to try it. I am very responsible, have alot of self control and mature about things, so I took these things into consideration on which made me want to try it and if I did not like it, I would not do it no more. For the first time I did it, I did not feel nothing wrong but my thoughts flow more easier, the words I read were more clearer to me, it was if my body was at a state of mediation were as I can concentrate more easier. Not to mention my prayers feel more powerful for I feel as if no one exsist but me and Allah. I fasted the past Ramadan, to show my family that I was not addicted, and with Allah giving me strength I overcame it all and I came to realize maybe what I was doing is not wrong. If used in the proper way and not used as a recreational use, one may achieve pure thoughts and more. I dont consume any alchol or tobaccoo, for I feel that it is worse damage to the body. So my question, is what I'm doing is wrong? If so, why would I feel as if my life is getting better, my prayers feel like they are getting through with Allah, and why would I feel as if I'm growing closer with the Lord? I dont believe that the Lord would let me feel this way for no reason, for he has been around me for sometime and any wrong doings I do, I would recieve punishment, but in this case he has giving me no guilt or bad feelings upon using it. Now if what I am doing is okay, how may practice my belief if the law bans me from using it? I dont want to break the human laws, but I think my belief is more than what the law says and how can they tell me I'm wrong if they go by beliefs also? If you are able to respond with any information you can it would be very helpful. Insha-allah, I would find my answers soon with either the help of you or others. Thank you for your time in reading my letter, many blessings upon you.
Sincerly,
Faraz Hosein
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#2 Dec 10, 2007
Walaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

The way to live as a muslim is to live in accordance with the commandments of Allah in the way shown by Muhammad sallallahu alayhis salam. Sahabah radiallahu anhum were the worst of drinkers but they gave up alcohol purely for the sake of Allah. Any act done such as fasting or prayer should be done for the sake of Allah alone

O you who believe! Truly, intoxicants and gambling and divination by arrows are
an abomination of Satan's doing: avoid it in order that you may be successful.
Assuredly Satan desires to sow enmity and hatred among you with intoxicants
and gambling, and to hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from salat.
Will you not then desist?(5:93-94 (90-91)

The Prophet (peace be on him) was once asked about certain drinks made from
honey, corn, or barley by the process of fermenting them until they became
alcoholic. The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him), blessed as he was with the
best of speech' replied succinctly, "Every intoxicant is khamr, and every khamr is
haram." Reported by Muslim.)

And 'Umar declared from the pulpit of the Prophet, "Khamr is that which befogs
the mind." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

He also said, Allah has sent down the disease and the cure, and for every disease
there is a cure. So take medicine but do not use anything haram as medicine.
(Reported by Abu-Daoud.)

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcare/pdfs/yusuf.pd...
I suggest you read thru the link and consult an Aalim or learned person

May Allah guide us to the straight path and my prayers are with you my brother
Wassaalam

“American infidel”

Since: Sep 07

Windermere, FL

#3 Dec 10, 2007
You should abandon any pursuit of Islam you are to smart for that garbage.
*~@):~{~P>
TM 031 FL

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Dec 10, 2007
I want to first thank you for taking the time out to read and reply to my message. I understand what you are saying and that the intoxication is haram. But I think people get it the word 'intoxication' too mixed up with the word 'marijuana'. If one were intoxicated, than there judgements are impaired, also can cause many other side effects if taken too much. Were as marijuana, once taken, will calm the body and put at a relaxation which makes it easier for thoughts to come in and out, also achieve better mediation. I dont think that is bad intoxication. I dont think marijuana and alcohol can be placed in the same category, judging by the charastics of each trait. When Islam is dealing with intoxication, it speaks highly on wine and liquid substance, but there is nowhere do I see that this plant is forbidden. I have done alot of research and looking up but all I find are opinion based arguements, nothing of really facts. But Insha-Allah I will find my answers, because in a way you helped even by just replying. So I greatly appreciate you doing that for me. May Allah Almighty have many Blessings and Peace upon you brother.
jimbo

United States

#5 Dec 10, 2007
TM 031 FL wrote:
I want to first thank you for taking the time out to read and reply to my message. I understand what you are saying and that the intoxication is haram. But I think people get it the word 'intoxication' too mixed up with the word 'marijuana'. If one were intoxicated, than there judgements are impaired, also can cause many other side effects if taken too much. Were as marijuana, once taken, will calm the body and put at a relaxation which makes it easier for thoughts to come in and out, also achieve better mediation. I dont think that is bad intoxication. I dont think marijuana and alcohol can be placed in the same category, judging by the charastics of each trait. When Islam is dealing with intoxication, it speaks highly on wine and liquid substance, but there is nowhere do I see that this plant is forbidden. I have done alot of research and looking up but all I find are opinion based arguements, nothing of really facts. But Insha-Allah I will find my answers, because in a way you helped even by just replying. So I greatly appreciate you doing that for me. May Allah Almighty have many Blessings and Peace upon you brother.
I smoked many a bowl of Hash Hish with the Bedouins in UAE. They were very devout Muslims.
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#6 Dec 11, 2007
TM 031 FL wrote:
I heard many Aalims stating that if something is intoxicating if consumed in large amounts, then it is also haraam to consume in small amounts. I am not able to find the hadith. You can google it. Wassalam

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7 Dec 11, 2007
SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!
AND NO TO INFIDELS.....
^o^
popsicles

Broxburn, UK

#8 Dec 11, 2007
God put marijuana on this planet for a reason... and you have discovered that reason.

Well done!
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#9 Dec 11, 2007
popsicles wrote:
God put marijuana on this planet for a reason... and you have discovered that reason.
Well done!
That reason is to test us.
anonymous girl

Winter Haven, FL

#10 Dec 11, 2007
popsicles wrote:
Well done!
True.
zap

Manchester, MI

#11 Dec 11, 2007
Smoke a Huzzard it starts out as a butt.
TM05FL

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Dec 11, 2007
Salaams, Thank you all for writing back a response. I am not intoxicationg my mind, if I am using it to relax and meditate (as stupid as it may sound, but I'm a spirtual person). We are tested, but we are tested on actions. If we did consume it, what bad am I doing if I am not doing anything praying and reading the words of Qu'Ran (not while smoking, I'm not that stupid) and the more I do it the more enlighten I get because I would not know many of the things I do now , because I take the time out to relax and reflect on life and what not. I am doing no harm to anyone and nor am I trying to make any sort of profit. So how am I committing any types of bad action ? I see it as, the Lord test me and saw that I was not addicted (as I stated I fasted for Ramadan), He saw that I handle myself well. Cause if not, I would know and feel that what I was doing is wrong like it is with drugs and alcohol. So in any case I have alot of research and looking up to do. Thank you again for your help and advice. Salaams to you all.
Falasha

Goldendale, WA

#13 Dec 11, 2007
Don't smoke. You could get lung cancer.
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#14 Dec 11, 2007
TM05FL wrote:
Salaams, Thank you all for writing back a response. I am not intoxicationg my mind, if I am using it to relax and meditate (as stupid as it may sound, but I'm a spirtual person). We are tested, but we are tested on actions. If we did consume it, what bad am I doing if I am not doing anything praying and reading the words of Qu'Ran (not while smoking, I'm not that stupid) and the more I do it the more enlighten I get because I would not know many of the things I do now , because I take the time out to relax and reflect on life and what not. I am doing no harm to anyone and nor am I trying to make any sort of profit. So how am I committing any types of bad action ? I see it as, the Lord test me and saw that I was not addicted (as I stated I fasted for Ramadan), He saw that I handle myself well. Cause if not, I would know and feel that what I was doing is wrong like it is with drugs and alcohol. So in any case I have alot of research and looking up to do. Thank you again for your help and advice. Salaams to you all.
But the other test is to see whether you can give up drugs, but you failed. You said you fasted to show your family that you are not addicted. Any acts or worship shd be done for the purpose of Allah alone. You see these drugs can change your intentions and it is making you think it is all right. May Allah guide us to the straight path.
Wassalam

Since: Nov 07

TEXAS

#15 Dec 12, 2007
Intoxicants ARE haram in Islam. What is an intoxicant?

Anything that can lead to physical and mental damage and (with some substances) dependence and addiction.

The closest example of an intoxicant is alcohol. Alcohol has been proven to cause physical and mental damage- liver problems, brain problems, etc. If you drink enough of it in one setting then you have a chance of DEATH. It's also very addicting.

Compare this with marijuana... Marijuana does not cause physical or mental damage.(Smoking it might cause some lung problems, but not if you use a vaporizer or eat it). In fact, it is used as MEDICINE in many parts of the world. There is NO chance that you will die if you take too much, and it's not addicting.

Therefore, marijuana is NOT an intoxicant.

Since: Nov 07

TEXAS

#16 Dec 12, 2007
Falasha wrote:
Don't smoke. You could get lung cancer.
Good advice. Use a vaporizer, water pipe with perculators, or eat it
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#17 Dec 12, 2007
In islam, you are supposed to abstain from those things that cause damage to your body. Anyway, marijuana is banned as a drug in many parts of the worlsd and is known to cause lung cancer
zap

Manchester, MI

#18 Dec 13, 2007
That is the last thing Ha Ha, Rayn, and Huzzard need their brains are already Shot.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 14, 2007
zap wrote:
Smoke a Huzzard it starts out as a butt.
nothing one day without said a bullcrap, huh????

Location hidden

#20 Dec 14, 2007
zap wrote:
That is the last thing Ha Ha, Rayn, and Huzzard need their brains are already Shot.
BullZAP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min Nina 454,767
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 min Frijoles 226,005
Bmz ..****** Its time****** 9 min The_Prophet_Lied 36
Jesus Christ was a Palestinian Muslim. 13 min bmz 784
Critical Thinking - Validity of Islam? 15 min TERRA 20
DY: this FORUM IS NOW DEFUNCT 17 min The_Prophet_Lied 53
DY: Dawn of Reality needs a brain 36 min The_Prophet_Lied 7
The Biggest Lie: Holocaust. 2 hr Igor Trip 978
More from around the web