Why so many Muslim women are LEAVING Islam?

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Sarah Collins,U.K.

My family are dead religious, sent me to an Islamic school which left me unable to function in normal society, leading to a plethora of problems including depression and social anxiety. Finally got round to accepting myself as a human being, and atheist and a scientist (with thanks to CEMB) and life is currently quite good (still in the closet though
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jun 25, 2012
Muslim women are leaving Islam in secret and in silence-because the fanatics will kill them(unlike Christianity or Hinduism,where they can boldly go out of their faith if they want,and no body is bothered. But in Islam- any Muslim leaving Islalm will be killed (including their own family members) and they proudly broadcaste "ISLAM IS the fastest growing Faith"!! Here are muslim women,who are bold enough to comeout inspite of the death threat and declare their renounciation of Islam.:

Shakila Mohammed
, Bradford

I am a 21 year old university student brought up in Bradford, I was raised a muslim from as young as I can remember. When I entered university at 19 I began to openly speak about my thoughts on religion with my peers and found my thoughts to be more along the lines of atheists after learning more about atheists I found myself opposing religion utterly. Recently my close friends and some family members have learned of my change and have either chosen to constantly confront me on this matter or ignore it. The confrontations have done nothing to change my mind other than to pity the delusional and idiotic arguments presented.
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jun 25, 2012
Nadia M
, Norwich

I have been an atheist for as long as I remember, but I'm Malaysian and the law states that I can't renounce my faith even though I AM an atheist and a non-practicing Muslim. I have now emigrated to the UK and I can now practice my freedom of whatever I want to believe and it feels great to be in a secular society.
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jun 25, 2012
Tara

I am an ex-Muslim and seeking asylum in the UK. I would like to join your organisation because I find it difficult to find people who understand what I am going through. I have been in the UK for nearly 16 years and still others including the Home office find it hard to believe that my life is in danger. I left my home country and all my previous life behind. It is refreshing to find people who are brave enough to speak up. Thank you for your hard work.
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#5 Jun 25, 2012
M A
, London

I'm a Bengali ex-Muslim. I was raised as a Sunni Muslim by a devout mother and a non-so-devout father. Islam never made much sense to me; I had doubts from an early age. I've always had a hard time believing in the supernatural. One day my friend was giving dawah to me and telling me about the story of Buraq, the flying donkey; as he was telling me about it, I realised there and then that I didn't really believe in Islam. A few months later, I fully apostatised from Islam.

Main reasons for leaving Islam:
1. No evidence at all going for it.
2. Absurdities, contrivances and contradictions in the Qur'an
3. Life of the "prophet" Mohammed.
4. Brutality of hudud punishments
5. I can't believe in flying donkeys :)
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Parveen

After 20 yrs of Islam, I finally gave up the prison for my freedom. My main issue with Islam is the awful injustice against women and as a woman myself I could not stand for a religion which belittles me. It has been a long and painful journey, with many more obstacles ahead, but I am confident that things can only get better for the long-term. Also, well done CEMB for creating this unified voice for ex-Muslims!
Solomon

Toronto, Canada

#7 Jun 25, 2012
Tehmina

I would like to express my support for CEMB as an ex-Muslim. My primary reasons for leaving Islam include its inability to withstand rational critique and the authoritarian nature of religion which stifles individual freedoms, as evidenced where Islamic Law is currently implemented. My current activities include being an active contributor to the CEMB forum (under the nickname "thinkfree") and having attended a previous One Law for All demonstration in London. I may be interested in participating in future events.
rajesh

New Delhi, India

#8 Jun 26, 2012
muslim women are leaving islam as they found man dominated society
no freedom of any thing regardless
and they found more home abuse to them then by others
and they found good life outside islaam

i love if i got a islam bride
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Salaamz & salutations O phobic Ones. Great Idea! for you to leave of your own accord.This makes just that much more room for new and more resiliant believers. Had any of you disgruntled grumblers had even an ounce of spine to examine the true nature of Holy-Islaam (Not the Idiot version for the evil doerz),you would have walked away with your faith intact,seeing truely who it is that is liveing The true nature of Holy-Islaam,and also seeing those who have turned away.Spitting in the face of what they really do not understand.There will always be evil people Hideing in the skirts of any religion,just as there are real believers standing up for it.In the face of those evildoers they become cowards. May ALLAH bring us all to guidance. Cheerz.
Muslim-Ex

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Bold Muslims leaving Islam openly(in spite of death threats):
Suffering makes no sense.
By: Mellow Atheist
Why I left Islam?
By: Andaleeb
ExSlave
By:
I'm no longer a fool
By: Neeli
Sonia Wahab leaves Islam
By: Sonia Wahab
Islam's Illogical
By: Anonymous
Why I was led out of religion
By: GodlessPakistani
Allah and the Pink Unicorn
By: Hazrat NaKhuda
Leaving Islam- Testimony
By: MAZE
I refuse to accept, I refuse to acknowledge
By: Imam Ali
Atheist Teenager..
By: Almost Atheist
The Grand Scheme and Justice
By: Sayyed Mehdi
Reason?
By: Bilal Anwar
Muslim-Ex

Toronto, Canada

#11 Jun 26, 2012
Fairy Tales
Muslim-Ex

Toronto, Canada

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Readers-worth clicking this:
https://e-paa.org/testimonials

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
Salaamz & salutations O phobic Ones. Great Idea! for you to leave of your own accord.This makes just that much more room for new and more resiliant believers. Had any of you disgruntled grumblers had even an ounce of spine to examine the true nature of Holy-Islaam (Not the Idiot version for the evil doerz),you would have walked away with your faith intact,seeing truely who it is that is liveing The true nature of Holy-Islaam,and also seeing those who have turned away.Spitting in the face of what they really do not understand.There will always be evil people Hideing in the skirts of any religion,just as there are real believers standing up for it.In the face of those evildoers they become cowards. May ALLAH bring us all to guidance. Cheerz.
Haaaa...You're so full of crap. If Muslims really believed it was no big deal to leave Islam then the Saudi Arabian government wouldn't be openly forbidding bringing Bibles into the country and would allow churches to be built, and allow Christians to openly discuss their faith, including why they oppose Islam. DUH! But the truth is that Islam cannot survive unless Muslims persecute non-Muslims and use terror on fellow Muslims to try to keep them from leaving Islam. Throughout the Muslim world, Christians are being persecuted because Muslims are afraid of Christianity in that truthful an open discussion comparing Jesus to Mohammad would leave millions of Muslims wondering why they believed Mohammad is a prophet for so long instead of recognizing that he was nothing but a thug, a thief, a rapist, a murderer, and a warlord who was full of hatred. All we have to do is read the Quran and ahadith and it becomes indelibly clear to those who really seek truth.

Islam is a FRAUD!

Get over it.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#14 Jun 26, 2012
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
Well said Rabbeen

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#15 Jun 26, 2012
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it.
4u
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T9R...
You get over it
atheist infidel-cartooni

Santa Monica, CA

#16 Jun 26, 2012
re Thread title

because muslims are violent barbaric scumbags, and so was their pedo mass murdering prophet
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#17 Jul 1, 2012
video:'LIDIA, A FORMER MUSLIM WOMANS JOURNEY FROM ISLAM TO CHRIST':
&fe ature=related
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#18 Jul 1, 2012
video 'NONIE, WHY I LEFT ISLAM':
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#19 Jul 1, 2012
Jesus is wrote:
video 'NONIE, WHY I LEFT ISLAM':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RZ3T2Y2QksEXX
Is Jesus God? Num23:19,1Sam15:29 & Hosea11:9 http://www.youtube.com/watch... so do not cheat your self u should hate what GOD hates but u love what GOD HATES soon u will know u were in wrong path remember.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 8, 2013
In India, esp. in Delhi, some muslim women escape the discrimination against and oppression of women in Islam by becoming HIndus and marrying Hindu men.

As Hindus, these women ensure they get equal rights like men with regard to issues like employment, property, divorce, maintenance and inheritance matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to to end Islam? Ideas please 4 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 225
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Baron44 390,985
the world would be better off without islam 7 min Undertaker A9 22
Non-Muslims have low iq 8 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 190
KC: Muslims are NOT the enemies of the US ! 11 min Khan 54
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 12 min Homer 207,271
Mecca Did Not Exist Prior to the 4th Century AD 15 min PeteWaldo 2
Taliban storm Pakistani school - children massa... 3 hr Undertaker A9 39
More from around the web