New South Wales police given authority to remove face veils for identification on traffic stops

Jul 5, 2011 Full story: www.jihadwatch.org 237

In the West, the female face is not a private part. This necessary and eminently logical move comes in the aftermath of the Carnita Matthews case, which set up a perfect Catch-22 wherein the defendant would not remove her niqab for reasons of Islamic "modesty," and then won an appeal because she could not be positively identified behind the veil ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 5, 2011
from jihadwatch:

"Muslim women can be forced to remove their face veils during routine car stops under new powers granted to NSW police.
Premier Barry O'Farrell said cabinet had approved the move today so police could properly identify motorists or any other people suspected of committing a crime."

It looks like their victory in the Carnita Matthews case has back-fired on Aussie islamists.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 5, 2011
tha cops need to be able to do that all over the world not jest in nsw muslim seem to get a way with to mutch

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 5, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from jihadwatch:
"Muslim women can be forced to remove their face veils during routine car stops under new powers granted to NSW police.
Premier Barry O'Farrell said cabinet had approved the move today so police could properly identify motorists or any other people suspected of committing a crime."
It looks like their victory in the Carnita Matthews case has back-fired on Aussie islamists.
You are going to regret that law.
Why not pass the a law that reads.
No Burqa what so ever in public.
Wear the Burqa at home to your own content, not in public.
Same as I am not allowed to wear any face covering in a public area neither should you be able to wear one

“Athiest”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 5, 2011
The law says, that if ANYBODY is wearing a mask and the police need to identity the person for any reason, the mask must be removed.

It is not an attack on muslms !

-
bmz

La Jolla, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2011
same old problem from islam - being deceptive.

private citizens should be empowered to do likewise to unmask islam. they uphold the law as well.
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#6 Jul 5, 2011
Joe98 wrote:
The law says, that if ANYBODY is wearing a mask and the police need to identity the person for any reason, the mask must be removed.
It is not an attack on muslms !
-
Please do not preach what our Australian law is. You live in the gun toting 4th amendment republic of the USA.

The law also states that people are required to remove headwear when entering bars or hotels. An exemption is made Sikhs turbans which is worn for religious purpose. So it remains for women's burqas. They are worn ostensibly for religious purpose. NSW is only one state, the rest of the AUstralia these owmn are aloowed to go about their business without being molested by the police.
bmz

La Jolla, CA

#7 Jul 5, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not preach what our Australian law is. You live in the gun toting 4th amendment republic of the USA.
The law also states that people are required to remove headwear when entering bars or hotels. An exemption is made Sikhs turbans which is worn for religious purpose. So it remains for women's burqas. They are worn ostensibly for religious purpose. NSW is only one state, the rest of the AUstralia these owmn are aloowed to go about their business without being molested by the police.
sorry sonny boy...wear that fcking hijab and you won't get served. hell, if you are muslim, you won't get served. we don't serve halal meat! we are law abiding citizens. f. islam.

bmz

Location hidden

#8 Jul 5, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you can enter a country as a guest and than change the rules of that country's culture and customs.
Read Elias >>>> when in Rome you do as the Romans when shipwrecked on a remote island in the Pacific Called Mogmog you do as the Mogmogians >>> http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/news/inthemag/82651...
Elias I can see the Muslim family marooned on this island and the Muslim woman takes her Burqa off let alone her top.
On the advice of an American aid worker, Jennifer adopted the local custom of toplessness. "This very much went against the grain for me," she says, but she realised they needed as much community support as possible. Andrew thought it was hilarious."
Elias start to assimilate with the people you voluntarily chose to come and live with, we did not twist your arms behind you back and forced you to live wit us, you are still welcome to leave whenever you so desire.
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#9 Jul 5, 2011
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think you can enter a country as a guest and than change the rules of that country's culture and customs.
Read Elias >>>> when in Rome you do as the Romans when shipwrecked on a remote island in the Pacific Called Mogmog you do as the Mogmogians >>> http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/news/inthemag/82651...
Elias I can see the Muslim family marooned on this island and the Muslim woman takes her Burqa off let alone her top.
On the advice of an American aid worker, Jennifer adopted the local custom of toplessness. "This very much went against the grain for me," she says, but she realised they needed as much community support as possible. Andrew thought it was hilarious."
Elias start to assimilate with the people you voluntarily chose to come and live with, we did not twist your arms behind you back and forced you to live wit us, you are still welcome to leave whenever you so desire.
Believe me, I do not support the Burqa and would never condone my family wearing it.

However people choose to wear it for religious reasons are protected by Australian law. Indeed even in NSW they can continue to wear it - only under certain cirmstances the police "have the power" to ask them to remove their veils. I suspect in that state the women will simply stop driving.

Carnita Matthews is a convert who held a drivers licence prior to conversion. Other women wearing burqa would not have a drivers licence as that would require them sit in a car with a man for lessons which is considered haram.

I predict this whole episode will blow over as far as traffic police, but I am concerned these women may be harrassed now in shops or in public places.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 5, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I do not support the Burqa and would never condone my family wearing it.
However people choose to wear it for religious reasons are protected by Australian law. Indeed even in NSW they can continue to wear it - only under certain cirmstances the police "have the power" to ask them to remove their veils. I suspect in that state the women will simply stop driving.
Carnita Matthews is a convert who held a drivers licence prior to conversion. Other women wearing burqa would not have a drivers licence as that would require them sit in a car with a man for lessons which is considered haram.
I predict this whole episode will blow over as far as traffic police, but I am concerned these women may be harrassed now in shops or in public places.
I am least concerned that these women will be harassed,what my concern are, why are the Islam women not willing to break away from the yoke they carry around their necks, when the opportunity is there to be free from that yoke.
When women all over the world have fought for ages to get the freedom they have today,I do not understand why Muslim women are still willing to live the life of a slave, and obey her man as if he is her master, and not her equal.
Of course Elias you will say different, that she is doing it out of own free will, so was the great grand parents of many of us, going down a coal mine 6 days a week for 12 hours a day for a pittance income, no one ever forced them to do it.
What other choice did they have, you either worked in the mines or you and your family starved.
The day will arrive that the Muslim women will retaliate and take the yoke off and stick it where the sun does not shine of their Muslim men.
Elias the day that the Muslim woman stands up and burns her bra in public is the day that she will be free of the yoke around her neck.
I have neither a son or a daughter, saying that I have no children, if I had children, I be teaching both that they have equal rights.
That is why in this western world what a man can do a woman can do equally as good if not better.
When we hear the name Boudicca we do not have images of a woman walking on a street in London with high heels and the latest fashion.
No Muslim could match any of these women >>>
http://listverse.com/2008/03/17/top-10-badass...

“Athiest”

Location hidden

#11 Jul 5, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>

Please do not preach what our Australian law is.

You live in the gun toting 4th amendment republic of the USA molested by the police.

That would be the part named "Circular Quay" with Opera House on my right and the bridge on my left.

I am a Sutherland boy :)

-
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#12 Jul 5, 2011
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>I am least concerned that these women will be harassed,what my concern are, why are the Islam women not willing to break away from the yoke they carry around their necks, when the opportunity is there to be free from that yoke.
When women all over the world have fought for ages to get the freedom they have today,I do not understand why Muslim women are still willing to live the life of a slave, and obey her man as if he is her master, and not her equal.
Of course Elias you will say different, that she is doing it out of own free will, so was the great grand parents of many of us, going down a coal mine 6 days a week for 12 hours a day for a pittance income, no one ever forced them to do it.
What other choice did they have, you either worked in the mines or you and your family starved.
The day will arrive that the Muslim women will retaliate and take the yoke off and stick it where the sun does not shine of their Muslim men.
Elias the day that the Muslim woman stands up and burns her bra in public is the day that she will be free of the yoke around her neck.
I have neither a son or a daughter, saying that I have no children, if I had children, I be teaching both that they have equal rights.
That is why in this western world what a man can do a woman can do equally as good if not better.
When we hear the name Boudicca we do not have images of a woman walking on a street in London with high heels and the latest fashion.
No Muslim could match any of these women >>>
http://listverse.com/2008/03/17/top-10-badass...
Believe it or not but I hope these women decide to wear normal clothes. They interpret modesty in an extreme way. However it is up to them, and they must do it in their own time.

“Athiest”

Location hidden

#13 Jul 5, 2011
She went to the police station to make a false statement about a police officer. That is a felony and she was charged.

She was found guilty.

Afterwards she appealed. The judge said that the person making the false complaint was wearing a mask and therefore could not be identified. The appeal was therefore upheld.
Elias wrote:
I suspect in that state the women will simply stop driving.
Covering the face with a mask is not nescessarily related to driving.

-
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#14 Jul 5, 2011
Joe98 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the part named "Circular Quay" with Opera House on my right and the bridge on my left.
I am a Sutherland boy :)
-
Sorry, thought you were a yank
Fob

Beverly Hills, CA

#15 Jul 5, 2011
Elias
I really like to read your post and you seem like a nice person.
I hope you give us Yanks a fair chance to learn your ways and try to understand some of our ways.
I was raised tote'n a gun and have lived a good long life without incident.
We value our rights and I support the rights of others to do as they please as long as those rights do not interfere with anyone else's rights.
I respect a country to make laws and rules that apply to everyone so I don't travel to a place that would not accept my beliefs.
Although we have people here that have beliefs that I do not condone I would never impose my will on someone and would not want someone to impose their will on me or my family.
I feel I have the right to protect and defend myself and loved ones from violent crime.
I don't want to see a loved one die while waiting for the law to save us.
I will take my chances in my decision to stop a crime and subject myself to the outcome of my actions.
It is this responsibility that separates us from those who choose to allow a government to control a peacefull citizen and give the advantage to a criminal.
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#16 Jul 5, 2011
Fob wrote:
I was raised tote'n a gun and have lived a good long life without incident.
It's not gun laws, it's people who are not responsible with firearms.
Fob wrote:
We value our rights and I support the rights of others to do as they please as long as those rights do not interfere with anyone else's rights.
Agreed
Fob wrote:
I respect a country to make laws and rules that apply to everyone so I don't travel to a place that would not accept my beliefs.
Although we have people here that have beliefs that I do not condone I would never impose my will on someone and would not want someone to impose their will on me or my family.
Yeah I know where you were heading with this. Please note that people's outfits are not imposed on others. For instance certain young people want to be Goths or Emos and we can respect their right to wear these outfits. Others choose to be bikies. There is no pressure put on us. I feel no pressure on me by some women wanting to don a Burqa. I respect that many (if not all) have relgious reasons for doing this. In my view if a catholic sister can don a habit then a muslim women should be allowed to wear a bedsheet.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 6, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know where you were heading with this. Please note that people's outfits are not imposed on others. For instance certain young people want to be Goths or Emos and we can respect their right to wear these outfits. Others choose to be bikies. There is no pressure put on us. I feel no pressure on me by some women wanting to don a Burqa. I respect that many (if not all) have relgious reasons for doing this. In my view if a catholic sister can don a habit then a muslim women should be allowed to wear a bedsheet.
To many who are not catholics, when a catholic nun dons a full habit in public is as much confronting as a Muslim woman wearing a Burqa, have you not noticed that the Nuns of today realised the problems they were causing in the days of wearing a habit, hence the reason,today you do not see Nuns, wearing their habits in public areas, the Nuns have seen the light, why can't the Muslim women see the light.
If I was to be paid $1.00 for every Nun that I have seen in Australia for the past 26 years, I be still very poor.
If I was paid the same $1.00 for every Burqa I have seen in Australia over the past 26 years, I may not be a rich man but I be living a comfortable life.
Elias I am taking your comments as an example.
Are you saying if a Tana family migrated to Australia and they were all born in Tana Vanuatu that all the male members of that family should be allowed to wear a Bislama nambas (for the lay people who do not know the religion of the people of tana a Bislama nambas is a Penis sheath) in public, and all the female members should be able to walk publicly showing a bare breast.
The reason I said religion for there religion is to proclain Prince Philip as their God.(The Prince Philip Movement is a religious sect followed by the Yaohnanen tribe on the southern island of Tanna in Vanuatu.)
Elias can't you see how stupid our laws will be.
One law to suit the Muslims.
one law to suit the Yaohnanen tribe
One law to suit the Jovah Witness.
One law to suit the white Australian.
one law to suit the Indeginous people.
One law to suit the black African Migrant.
One law to suit people like Baron44 who is an atheist.
etc etc.
where do we stop?
The whole idea of migrating was to assimilate ( become similar to one's environment; "Immigrants often want to assimilate quickly,>> But not the Muslims.)
Elias the things the Muslims do in this country, can they get away with the same actions in their own countries?
The things the Muslim do in this country, can I as a Christian or an Atheist get away with in their country?
The many times that I visited the USA, even at beach resorts,I often noticed signs that read No shoes,No shirt, NO service.
Try passing those rules in Australia specially in beach resorts, the shops will go bankrupt.
Elias the above example is what we are trying to tell you Muslims,you come here as a visitor,you behave as a visitor, you do as the Aussies do,you do not bring your culture here and tell us we have to accept your culture under duress.
For if it is foreign to us and we do not like it, it is duress.
Same as if one of our women walked around your streets in your country,with no hijab headscarf,short pants and no sleeves it will be foreign to the people in your country,and your people will suffer duress,to see a woman not being fully covered by a garment.
A good example is my grandmother who does not accept Islam as her Cult (relgion)( an Apostate as you will call her)
For years after she still wore the hijab headscarf whenever she went out in public. I had to pull the hijab headscarf of her head, whenever we went together,whenever she left home I had to explain to her, it was okay to walk naked in Sydney streets, for she was under the impression she was naked if she did not have her hijab headscarf on,that is how much your Islam has brainwashed your women.
Shame on Islam and death on Islam Cult and those that preach a cult that hurt others as much as Islam does.
bmz

La Jolla, CA

#18 Jul 6, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, thought you were a yank
is it going to make any difference. f. the muslims and islam. come in with that fcking veil and you will be mistaken for being a robber and will dealt with accordingly. remove it or get beaten up. simpe as that.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#19 Jul 6, 2011
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>You are going to regret that law.
Why not pass the a law that reads.
No Burqa what so ever in public ...
You have totally missed the point: this is not about burkas, but veils that conceal the face.
ex ambo

Hornsby, Australia

#20 Jul 6, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gets harassed unless they make break the law, or act in an uncivilised, obnoxious manner.
This is just puffery, trying to gain unwarranted privileges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 min Baron44 387,194
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 3 min Parable from Koran 51,857
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min Atheist Silurist 205,973
UKIP tells the truth about islam 26 min zxc 9
Allah "The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful" Pr... 56 min Faith 190
There is no ALLAH. 58 min Faith 209
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 59 min Faith 4
Beaten for being western 1 hr Yupp111 69
Reading Quran Increases IQ 1 hr JIN 181

Islam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE