Afghan ministry: Taliban beheads 17 p...

Afghan ministry: Taliban beheads 17 people

Posted in the Islam Forum

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#1 Aug 27, 2012
So thats my bed-time story, just in?

Mon August 27, 2012

(CNN)-- Taliban insurgents beheaded 17 civilians, including two women, in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province, the nation's Interior Ministry said Monday.

The attack took place Sunday in the Kajaki District, according to the ministry and the provincial government.

"The Ministry of Interior Affairs of Afghanistan condemns this inhumane and cowardly act of the enemies of peace and stability and expresses its sincere condolences to the families of the victims," the ministry said in a statement.

The provincial government did not identifiy the suspected attackers, saying it was investigating to determine who was responsible.

I expect some standard responses from people like Izzy, but why and how exactly the Taliban, supposedly students of the holiest book could be so 'confused' as a group to involved in such evil acts?

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#2 Aug 27, 2012
The list of Muslim terrorist acts goes on and on.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Wow. I guess these guys make the minister in Footloose look pretty liberal.

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco, CA

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Well, it turns out that the 17 killed were having too much fun dancing according to the Taliban.

http://news.yahoo.com/17-afghans-beheaded-ins...

Insurgents beheaded 17 civilians in a Taliban-controlled area of southern Afghanistan, apparently because they attended a dance party that flouted the extreme brand of Islam embraced by the militants, officials said Monday.

The killings, in a district where U.S. Marines have battled the Taliban for years, were a reminder of how much power the insurgent group still wields in the south — particularly as international forces draw down and hand areas over to Afghan forces.

The victims were part of a large group that had gathered late Sunday in Helmand province's Musa Qala district for a celebration involving music and dancing, said district government chief Neyamatullah Khan. He said the Taliban slaughtered them to show their disapproval of the event.

All of the bodies were decapitated but it was not clear if they had been shot first, said provincial government spokesman Daoud Ahmadi.

Information was only trickling out slowly because the area where the killings occurred is largely Taliban controlled, Khan said. The Taliban spokesman for southern Afghanistan could not be reached for comment.
JM dottt cummm

Sweden

#5 Aug 27, 2012
Were they also muslims?
Naturally Wired

Moncton, Canada

#6 Aug 27, 2012
How come we don't hear of the taliban beheading the men of Trashcanistan who are involved in "Bacha Bazi"?

I mean these 17 people simply had a party and a little dancing, but men molesting boys is ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OUTRAGE: Employers CANNOT Require Workers To Sp... 38 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 2
News Muslims in Utah Feel a Little Betrayed by Mormo... 40 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 2
News Iranian-Turkish Tensions Escalate Over Syria, Iraq 42 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 8
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 42 min DaniEl 503,897
Raped muslim told 'she wanted it' 43 min Abdallah 35
News Stand up for what is fair and right 44 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 3
Istanbul Stadium Hit By Explosion. 46 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 2
muslim outrage. Work or leave.. 47 min Lazy and useless 40
News Muslim group speaks out selling items forbidden... 3 hr Marco the atheist 24
More from around the web