Comments
1 - 20 of 365 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2012
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Truebrit

UK

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Got to admit it is funny . It shows a egomaniac that has an obsession
With children and murder to enforce his will and to justify his thieving and extortion of the weaker

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 13, 2012
sounds about right.
Truebrit

UK

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Who else but a peadophile would take a6year old child as a wife

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#4 Sep 14, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
sounds about right.
low creatures think alike , but normal people have different opinions.
..........
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC)-
At the center of the protests and violence this week in the Middle east is a 14 minute movie.

Posted on YouTube under "Mohammed the Movie" and "The Innocence of Islam," an unknown filmmaker, now in hiding according to reports, uses the film to spread an anti-Islam message full of mocking, derogatory images and insults.

WTOC asked some members of the Savannah film community about the responsibility of the filmmaker. Even if it is considered art, in some form by some people, is there an ethical responsibility in a situation like this given the freedom of speech?

Many, including screenwriters, directors, producers and film festival organizers, say the "movie" is nothing more than hate propaganda badly disguised as a movie. They say the filmmaker, and they use the term filmmaker loosely, knew his purpose of the movie was to cause this kind of violence and outrage and while there is a freedom of speech, they think his art should be held responsible.

"I've seen a tiny clip of the film out of curiosity. It's obviously a piece of junk. The guy is not a filmmaker. He is an agitator. Instead of holding a big sign and yelling, he has used film as a medium for that," Jim Reed, Psychotronic Film Society, told WTO

http://www.wtoc.com/story/19540138/savannah-f...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
low creatures think alike , but normal people have different opinions.
..........
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC)-
At the center of the protests and violence this week in the Middle east is a 14 minute movie.
Posted on YouTube under "Mohammed the Movie" and "The Innocence of Islam," an unknown filmmaker, now in hiding according to reports, uses the film to spread an anti-Islam message full of mocking, derogatory images and insults.
WTOC asked some members of the Savannah film community about the responsibility of the filmmaker. Even if it is considered art, in some form by some people, is there an ethical responsibility in a situation like this given the freedom of speech?
Many, including screenwriters, directors, producers and film festival organizers, say the "movie" is nothing more than hate propaganda badly disguised as a movie. They say the filmmaker, and they use the term filmmaker loosely, knew his purpose of the movie was to cause this kind of violence and outrage and while there is a freedom of speech, they think his art should be held responsible.
"I've seen a tiny clip of the film out of curiosity. It's obviously a piece of junk. The guy is not a filmmaker. He is an agitator. Instead of holding a big sign and yelling, he has used film as a medium for that," Jim Reed, Psychotronic Film Society, told WTO
http://www.wtoc.com/story/19540138/savannah-f...
It is actually pretty ironic you picked a news clip from Savannah Ga, WTOC news....Savannah is where I was born and raised, most of my family still live there!!! Anyway Scent, everyone who saw the video clip on you tube admits it is a stupid, low budget piece of junk !!!! We do not like the message it gives, it's pointless crap....but the film maker has the right to say it.....in the USA when we don' t like a film, we don't watch it.....

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
low creatures think alike , but normal people have different opinions.
..........
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC)-
At the center of the protests and violence this week in the Middle east is a 14 minute movie.
Posted on YouTube under "Mohammed the Movie" and "The Innocence of Islam," an unknown filmmaker, now in hiding according to reports, uses the film to spread an anti-Islam message full of mocking, derogatory images and insults.
WTOC asked some members of the Savannah film community about the responsibility of the filmmaker. Even if it is considered art, in some form by some people, is there an ethical responsibility in a situation like this given the freedom of speech?
Many, including screenwriters, directors, producers and film festival organizers, say the "movie" is nothing more than hate propaganda badly disguised as a movie. They say the filmmaker, and they use the term filmmaker loosely, knew his purpose of the movie was to cause this kind of violence and outrage and while there is a freedom of speech, they think his art should be held responsible.
"I've seen a tiny clip of the film out of curiosity. It's obviously a piece of junk. The guy is not a filmmaker. He is an agitator. Instead of holding a big sign and yelling, he has used film as a medium for that," Jim Reed, Psychotronic Film Society, told WTO
http://www.wtoc.com/story/19540138/savannah-f...
It seems that the closer something embarrassing to islam is to the truth, the more virulent the protests at its exposure.

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#7 Sep 14, 2012
Old Pom wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that the closer something embarrassing to islam is to the truth, the more virulent the protests at its exposure.
it is a cultural and moral difference. we can not tolerate lies and filth while others accept it as part of their life . that's all.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a cultural and moral difference. we can not tolerate lies and filth while others accept it as part of their life . that's all.
Agreed, I don't tolerate those either. However, morally it is not an excuse for killing and violence. I'd rather be lied to than kill someone any day.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a cultural and moral difference. we can not tolerate lies and filth while others accept it as part of their life . that's all.
Then the muslim world needs to grow up and put on its big boy pants, because people will lie to you everyday, all your life!! it is just a part of life...when someone lies to you, walk away from that person. It is more immoral and more of a sin to murder than it is to lie. And the judge of all human wrongs is GOD...not man.
So, the film is a lie...( not only a piece of junk)...so 1. Don't watch it. 2. Do not allow it to be shown in your country ( ban it).
3. Arrest anyone that shows it for inciting riots and hate.

these are lawful things that CIVILIZED people do.
MURDER and Violence, are the actions of depraved, illiterate animals....and it really does make Islam look like what the film says it is.
Truebrit

UK

#10 Sep 14, 2012
Mohammad lied to everyone, he justified his murderous
Crimes , offences against children, by claiming to be a messenger of god, now that is garbage and totaly stupid, god would not look sideways at a sex offender, so why can't the Muslim world wake up and admit the truth ,

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#11 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a cultural and moral difference. we can not tolerate lies and filth while others accept it as part of their life . that's all.
\\

Seems you missed the point.
Was that ignorance or taqiyya?

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#12 Sep 14, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually pretty ironic you picked a news clip from Savannah Ga, WTOC news....Savannah is where I was born and raised, most of my family still live there!!! Anyway Scent, everyone who saw the video clip on you tube admits it is a stupid, low budget piece of junk !!!! We do not like the message it gives, it's pointless crap....but the film maker has the right to say it.....in the USA when we don' t like a film, we don't watch it.....
no the film maker has no right to mock our faith. he can mock his if he wishes . we won't interfere , but ours is ours not his. if he's free to do then we are free to react.

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#13 Sep 14, 2012
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, I don't tolerate those either. However, morally it is not an excuse for killing and violence. I'd rather be lied to than kill someone any day.
And I didn't mean the reaction had to be violent. I'm really sorry for the killing of the ambassador and other innocent people.

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#14 Sep 14, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the muslim world needs to grow up and put on its big boy pants, because people will lie to you everyday, all your life!! it is just a part of life...when someone lies to you, walk away from that person. It is more immoral and more of a sin to murder than it is to lie. And the judge of all human wrongs is GOD...not man.
So, the film is a lie...( not only a piece of junk)...so 1. Don't watch it. 2. Do not allow it to be shown in your country ( ban it).
3. Arrest anyone that shows it for inciting riots and hate.
these are lawful things that CIVILIZED people do.
MURDER and Violence, are the actions of depraved, illiterate animals....and it really does make Islam look like what the film says it is.
You are right in some points, but the one who made the film' Egyptian copt' is aware of these cultural differences and knows well the reaction. The film was in youtube for more than 2 months and no one cared before producing the Arabic version.
What if Muslims made a similar film about Jesus or Mary ( It would never happen because we respect them as part of our faith) how would that copt feel and react ??? Do you think Arab christians won't protest and be as violent as Muslims who protested against the film.
You can't force others to think the way you do in USA. we are not in USA.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#15 Sep 14, 2012
A Movie did NOT Kill, People Did

Freedom of Speech Needs Defending When Itís Hardest to Defend

"Judging purely from the 14 minutes available online, Muslim Innocence - the movie that sparked outrage in Libya and Egypt, leading to the death of US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others Ė is the cinematic and ethical equivalent of toilet paper. Itís exactly the kind of mess a small minority worships these days. Itís myopic and angry, spewing forth from an ignorant source claiming as loudly as possible to be an expert. It wouldnít be a shame if it had never been made, but it was, and thatís why it needs protection.

The First Amendment isnít for convenience, and it isnít for stuff like Lilo and Stitch. It is designed specifically for speech that people get angry about.

Because of the violent response to the film by a mob, and partially because it doesnít have the natural protection of professionalism, thereís a deeply burning gut reaction to get rid of it. One critic even suggested we burn every copy (a comment that, appropriately, is also protected), but while itís easy to understand that kind of immediate emotional response, itís also necessary to take a deep breath before re-agreeing that art (no matter how awfully made and no matter the subject) deserves freedom.

This is a complex situation, featuring an anonymous filmmaker (ďSam BacileĒ) whoís falsified identification claims already; what might have been a coordinated attack masked by a protest; and the death of several US citizens doing their duty abroad. The full details of how all this happened and what role the movie played may never be known. It may have been a spark, a pawn or an excuse. Above all, itís profoundly important to recognize that a piece of art didnít kill anyone yesterday. People did, and they should be brought to justice."

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opinions/fre...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Truebrit wrote:
Got to admit it is funny . It shows a egomaniac that has an obsession
With children and murder to enforce his will and to justify his thieving and extortion of the weaker
i don't think it's funny. i think it was done to provolk and the makers are responsible for the deaths that have occurred.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#17 Sep 14, 2012
Truebrit wrote:
Mohammad lied to everyone, he justified his murderous
Crimes , offences against children, by claiming to be a messenger of god, now that is garbage and totaly stupid, god would not look sideways at a sex offender, so why can't the Muslim world wake up and admit the truth ,
if you haven't figured it out by now, islam is never going the change. the maker of this film is a fool and responsible for the deaths. and this project was so ridiculousness bad, i really don't blame islam for it's reaction. you would think christianity would've learned something from the danish cartoons

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#18 Sep 14, 2012
KimBoe wrote:
<quoted text>if you haven't figured it out by now, islam is never going the change. the maker of this film is a fool and responsible for the deaths. and this project was so ridiculousness bad, i really don't blame islam for it's reaction. you would think christianity would've learned something from the danish cartoons
It is not christianity and Islam. it is the way westerners look at thing and the way others do.
The film maker is Arab , Egyptian, Christian , so he knows well the reaction and expected it. If we made a movie mocking jesus and displayed it in Egypt, we will expect a similar violence .

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not christianity and Islam. it is the way westerners look at thing and the way others do.
The film maker is Arab , Egyptian, Christian , so he knows well the reaction and expected it. If we made a movie mocking jesus and displayed it in Egypt, we will expect a similar violence .
What you're saying is kind of racist. You're suggesting that Arabs expect each other to be violent over their religion being 'offended'.

(as if a religion had feelings..........p )
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#20 Sep 14, 2012
Scent of Memories wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not christianity and Islam. it is the way westerners look at thing and the way others do.
The film maker is Arab , Egyptian, Christian , so he knows well the reaction and expected it. If we made a movie mocking jesus and displayed it in Egypt, we will expect a similar violence .
Really? You don't say?

The minority coptics in Egypt, regularly beaten, killed, burned out of their homes, while the police/government of Egypt generally ignores it all, are going to react the same way in Egypt? Totally surrounded and outnumbered by enemies that have never shown shown any reluctance to harm them at the slightest provocation.

Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DY: why do pro-Muslim get SPAM, NUTS AND CLUELESS 5 min Mujahid Shia Stri... 2
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min chazmo 364,844
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 22 min number four 50,169
PUBH: ISIS All-Female Brigade 43 min Mujahid Shia Stri... 11
DY: Star Wars and Islam 45 min Darth Yoda 2
Can Christianity and Islam co-exist and unite? 48 min Mujahid Shia Stri... 29
Poll: 92% of Saudis Believe "ISIS Conforms to t... 49 min Rusty Tin Can 18
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 55 min Shamma 201,367
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Islam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••