M'sia ruling party warns opposition seeks Islamic law

Apr 30, 2013 Full story: Asia News Network

Warnings that businesses and entertainment will be in jeopardy if the opposition Pakatan Rakyat alliance takes power.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2013
By now, most of my friends in Malaysia is rooting for the opposition (which is a coalition that includes the Islamic party - PAS). I personally have a mixed feeling about this.

PAS is definitely playing game siding with chinese and indians because that is the only way they could overcome the strength of ruling party. The ruling party deserves to lose because of their decades of discrimination policy and corruption. The opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim (not a PAS member) has at least openly promised to bring equality and fairness to all races, while the main branch in the ruling (UMNO) has consistently sided with maintaining Malay supremacy (and well, they use Islam as weapon too... as in Malaysia, Malay (the race) is almost synonymous with Islam.

Anwar also voiced support for Israel's rights to protect itself, which I think is a courageous statement to make to his muslim crowd, and which immediately got criticized by malays (one you can see in this thread: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TSG... )

It is true that PAS tried unsuccessfully to turn Malaysia more "Islamic", but who says the ruling party would be any better, they will use Islam when they see fit, and they will be pro-nonmuslims by elections come.

So, it turns out that most chinese and indians would support the opposition eventhough the big part of their coalition is PAS (the Islamic party). I really don't know which would be the lesser of two evils in the long run...

It is "fortunate" that chinese and indian populations still count for considerable percentage of votes (although their population size has shrunk considerable over the decades compared to the muslims)... if this trend continues, wouldn't there be a day when their numbers don't matter anymore? But for now, they just want to overthrow the ruling party.

Martinez, CA

#2 Apr 30, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
Anwar also voiced support for Israel's rights to protect itself, which I think is a courageous statement to make to his muslim crowd, and which immediately got criticized by malays (one you can see in this thread: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TSG... )
Well, it is in Malay language... but Mawar please note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

close to the end of the speech, the speaker used the familiar lies about Israel "raping of Palestinian women on a daily basis" to attack Anwar's position of supporting Israel. Do Malays really believe this?

Martinez, CA

#3 May 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
close to the end of the speech, the speaker used the familiar lies about Israel "raping of Palestinian women on a daily basis" to attack Anwar's position of supporting Israel. Do Malays really believe this?
well, it didn't take long to find the ruling party's warning opposition supporters that if their coalition wins, PAS would leave the coalition for their "next agenda"... playing to the fear of non-muslims.

but honestly, that too is my fear, we may be giving a chance for PAS to eventually take over the government - PAS is very patient, and their Islmic leader would one day take turn to be the prime-minister, eventhough the more moderate Anwar Ibrahim would probably be the candidate if their coalition wins.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 May 1, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this as Jews in israel are using dirt poor (literally as their land has been stolen for more jewish settlements) Muslim women as servants in their homes.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 May 1, 2013
Basil Muhammad wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this as Jews in israel are using dirt poor (literally as their land has been stolen for more jewish settlements) Muslim women as servants in their homes.
Allah - the Moon God

The Archaeology of the Middle East
The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is thus one of continuity.

Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god in Arabia during pre-Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture, then it is the next step in biblical religion.
Thus we should all become Muslims.

But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology.

We can endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what the evidence reveals.
This is the only way to find out the truth concerning the origins of Allah.

As we shall see, the hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity.

In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 min Shamma 209,618
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min Faith 403,752
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 7 min Punjabi ki Dhulai 53,723
Jews Not Welcome in Europe (Dec '13) 41 min Zusho 25
Is a constructive dialogue really possible betw... (Jan '10) 1 hr Tamil Kitten 19
India will be an Islamic Nation by the end of t... 1 hr Tamil Kitten 64
You will all accept islam 1 hr Tamil Kitten 1,539
I'm muslim. I'm having doubts about Islam 3 hr muhamadchods bach... 417
More from around the web