Pakistan youth court hears 'blasphemy' case

Sep 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Click Orlando

A Pakistani juvenile court is expected to hear Monday the case of a Christian teenage girl accused of violating blasphemy laws by allegedly burning pages containing texts from the Quran.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

Since: Apr 12

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

what? I thought I just heard CNN (just tonight Sept 30) reporting she was already released.

and now this?(whats going on?)

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN)-
A Christian girl accused of violating Pakistani blasphemy laws by allegedly burning pages containing texts from the Quran will have to wait at least another two weeks to learn her fate after a court ordered a stay of proceedings in her case Monday.

The high court's next hearing on the case will take place October 17, said Abdul Hamid Rana, the leading lawyer for Rimsha.

The imam, Khalid Jadoon Chishti, was scheduled to appear at a separate court hearing Monday after he was arrested last month on accusations of evidence tampering. Police have said he could face blasphemy charges, a dramatic twist in the saga.

(hopefully this is just to turn the table to convict the imam, as "Police have said he could face blasphemy charges"... I still don't like the way it would be handled as "Blasphemy" although it is now the Imam that is in question (it was more like attempted murder of an innocent girl), but if they're going to have a silly law like that, they should apply it to muslims as well so that they'd think twice before trying to frame christians. Overall, the law still overwhelmingly targeting non-muslims)

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Crazier still is that the child is afflicted with
Down's syndrome and that her age is only 11 to 12
years.
This is further proof that Islamic countries are still in the "dark ages" of history.
( remember girls of this age and younger are still today in Pakistan and Afghanistan forced to marry older men)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-20/pakista...
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

I read that the imam was charged with blasphemy and the girl is out on bail. I also read that he was just given 2 weeks for tampering with evidence.

Remains to be seen. Still think someone is going to get killed...

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

What? Admit a mistake? An imman concocting evidence against a christian FEMALE?
allah made him do it: allah is god, and god cannot be wrong. Stone her.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

more truth wrote:
I read that the imam was charged with blasphemy and the girl is out on bail. I also read that he was just given 2 weeks for tampering with evidence.
Remains to be seen. Still think someone is going to get killed...
They are muslims....They can't not kill someone.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
what? I thought I just heard CNN (just tonight Sept 30) reporting she was already released.
and now this?(whats going on?)...
I thought she was just released on bail.
The Pakis who wanted her burned alive for blasphemy will be expecting a trial, but even if she is exhonerated, extrajudicial "justice" is not uncommon in islam.
Pak Jatt Soorma

Donvale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

The imam who planted the burnt quran pages needs to be castrated with hot frying pans

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
and now this?(whats going on?)...
And now this, from CNN:

Witnesses retract statements against imam in Pakistani blasphemy case

"Three witnesses in a tampering case against an imam accused of trying to frame a Pakistani teen on blasphemy charges disowned police statements filed on their behalf Monday, saying they never saw the cleric planting evidence ..."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/01/world/asia/paki...

So now some witnesses are retracting their testimony re the imam's evidence tampering.

Much of the testimony in this case was collected via the clandestine recording of witnesses by the Paki ISI intel service, according to the Paki Christian Post.

Since: Apr 12

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
And now this, from CNN:
Witnesses retract statements against imam in Pakistani blasphemy case
"Three witnesses in a tampering case against an imam accused of trying to frame a Pakistani teen on blasphemy charges disowned police statements filed on their behalf Monday, saying they never saw the cleric planting evidence ..."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/01/world/asia/paki...
So now some witnesses are retracting their testimony re the imam's evidence tampering.
Much of the testimony in this case was collected via the clandestine recording of witnesses by the Paki ISI intel service, according to the Paki Christian Post.
Wow, whats going on? things can flip and flop in such high frequency. Are the witnesses under-pressure as well?

I think they should just send the girl here for her to have any future... That is a sad country.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

She has been offered asylum in several countries.

I bet the witnesses were threatened for ratting on the imam.

What sulphur and brimstone.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

This is Sharia Law and Justice.
Remember Follow the Money. Odd's are that the witnesses have been paid off by money from his Mosque to avoid shame.
They can get away with it because Journalists are murdered if they don't toe the line and 99% of the population cannot read in any language except signage such as "Coke" and "sex"

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Update from worthynews:

"Pakistani police say they have found no evidence that a mentally challenged Christian girl burned pages with verses of the Koran, deemed a holy book by Muslims, in a case that sparked international upheaval, Worthy News learned.

"An interim police report seen by Worthy News suggested that Rimsha Masih, 14, is innocent of the charges of "blasphemy" against Islam.

"The report came after earlier this month an Islamabad court ordered her release on bail of one million Pakistani rupees ($10,600)...

"Christians have warned however that Rimsha and her family will be forced to live in hiding, fearing for their lives.

"In Pakistan even being accused of blasphemy is equivalent to being sentenced, according to rights activists and local Christians."
Pak Jatt Soorma

Donvale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Joe DeCaro wrote:
Update from worthynews:

"Pakistani police say they have found no evidence that a mentally challenged Christian girl burned pages with verses of the Koran, deemed a holy book by Muslims, in a case that sparked international upheaval, Worthy News learned.

"An interim police report seen by Worthy News suggested that Rimsha Masih, 14, is innocent of the charges of "blasphemy" against Islam.

"The report came after earlier this month an Islamabad court ordered her release on bail of one million Pakistani rupees ($10,600)...

"Christians have warned however that Rimsha and her family will be forced to live in hiding, fearing for their lives.

"In Pakistan even being accused of blasphemy is equivalent to being sentenced, according to rights activists and local Christians."
I feel sorry for her people should stop listening to idiotic mullahs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 9 min Faith 352,789
Islam 40 min supersonic boom 2
Muslims burned and Corrupted The Quran 56 min naman 7
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 56 min Shamma 198,579
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr Aryan 49,030
British man won't return to the UK until 'black... 1 hr Simple logic _my strength 14
new Quran website 1 hr warner 21
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••