Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#1 Oct 29, 2012
Three persons

The Prophet said, "While three persons were walking, rain began to fall and they had to enter a cave in a mountain. A big rock rolled over and blocked the mouth of the cave. They said to each other,'Invoke Allah with the best deed you have performed (so Allah might remove the rock)'.

One of them said,'O Allah! My parents were old and I used to go out for grazing (my animals). On my return I would milk (the animals) and take the milk in a vessel to my parents to drink. After they had drunk from it, I would give it to my children, family and wife. One day I was delayed and on my return I found my parents sleeping, and I disliked to wake them up. The children were crying at my feet (because of hunger). That state of affairs continued till it was dawn. O Allah! If You regard that I did it for Your sake, then please remove this rock so that we may see the sky.' So, the rock was moved a bit.

The second said,'O Allah! You know that I was in love with a cousin of mine, like the deepest love a man may have for a woman, and she told me that I would not get my desire fulfilled unless I paid her one-hundred Dinars (gold pieces). So, I struggled for it till I gathered the desired amount, and when I sat in between her legs, she told me to be afraid of Allah, and asked me not to deflower her except rightfully (by marriage). So, I got up and left her. O Allah! If You regard that I did if for Your sake, kindly remove this rock.' So, two-thirds of the rock was removed.

Then the third man said,'O Allah! No doubt You know that once I employed a worker for one Faraq (three Sa's) of millet, and when I wanted to pay him, he refused to take it, so I sowed it and from its yield I bought cows and a shepherd. After a time that man came and demanded his money. I said to him: Go to those cows and the shepherd and take them for they are for you. He asked me whether I was joking with him. I told him that I was not joking with him, and all that belonged to him. O Allah! If You regard that I did it sincerely for Your sake, then please remove the rock.' So, the rock was removed completely from the mouth of the cave." (Bukhari-3:418)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#2 Oct 29, 2012
I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad (straggle) in Allah's cause." (Bukhari -Narrated Abdullah bin umar-1:505)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#3 Oct 29, 2012
Great sins

The Prophet was asked about the great sins He said,

"They are:--

* To join others in worship with Allah,
* To be undutiful to one's parents,
* To kill a person (which Allah has forbidden to kill)
* And to give a false witness." (Bukhari 3-821)

Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I inform you of the biggest of the great sins?" They said, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah, and to be Undutiful to one's parents." (Bukhari 8:290)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#4 Oct 29, 2012
Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother." (Bukhari 8:4)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#5 Oct 29, 2012
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: Let him be humbled into dust; let him be humbled into dust. It was said: Allah's Messenger, who is he? He said: He who sees either of his parents during their old age or he sees both of them, but he does not enter Paradise.(Muslim 1160)

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "He who casts up the favours he has done, he who is disobedient to parents, and he who is addicted to wine will not enter Paradise."
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#6 Oct 29, 2012
A man said, "Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) what rights can parents demand from their children?" He replied, "They are your Paradise and your Hell."

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) instructed me to do ten things saying:
1. Do not associate anything with Allah even if you are killed and burnt on that account. 2. Don't be disobedient to your parents even if they command you to abandon your family and your property.………………………Tirmizi 14)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#7 Oct 29, 2012
While we were with the Apostle of Allah!(peace be upon him) a man of Banu Salmah came to Him and said: Apostle of Allah is there any kindness left that I can do to my parents after their death? He replied: Yes, you can invoke blessings on them, forgiveness for them, carry out their final instructions after their death, join ties of relationship which are dependent on them, and honor their friends.(Abu Dawood 2440)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#8 Oct 29, 2012
Only place when you can’t obey them

"But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me (God) things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did." (Quran 31:15)

"We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to Me and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did." (Quran 29:8)
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#9 Oct 29, 2012
Hazrat ibn Abbas narrates from the Prophet that a person whose parents are alive and he obeys them, listens to and respects them, then Allah will open two doors of paradise for him. But if one of his parents is not happy with him, then Allah will not be happy with him either. Then someone asked the Prophet ,“Even if they are oppressors?” The Prophet replied,“Yes, even if they are oppressors.”
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#10 Oct 29, 2012
It is said, a person who disobeys his parents, or disrespects them and does not listen to them, Allah will open two doors of hell for him. And if he disrespects only one of them, then Allah will only open one door of hell for him.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#11 Oct 29, 2012
Helping your parents is better then performing Jihad. Abdullah ibn Umar narrates that a person came to the Prophet and said,“I have intentions of going on Jihad.” The Prophet asked him,‘Are any of your parents alive?’ He replied,‘Yes.’ The Prophet said,‘Do Jihad by helping your parents.’ From this we can gather how important parents really are.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#12 Oct 29, 2012
A man came to the Prophet and asked him,‘My mother is very old. I feed her with my hands and I help her do ablution and I sit her down on my shoulders. Have I done enough to repay her for the things she has done for me?’ The Prophet said,‘No. You have not even repaid he a bit. But Allah will give you a small amount of deeds for what you have done.’ Such is the value and status of a mother and this is because nothing can compensate for the chores she has born for her child since pregnancy to his upbringing.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#13 Oct 29, 2012
Bahys ibn Hakim said that he heard from his grandfather, that he had asked the Prophet ,‘Who should I do a good turn?’ The Prophet replied,‘Your mother.’ His grandfather once more asked the Prophet ,‘Who shall I do a good turn?’ The Prophet said,‘Your mother.’ His grandfather repeated the question a third time. The Prophet said,‘Your mother.’ After repeating the question for the fourth time, the Prophet replied,‘Then your father and then in order, your relatives.’
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Hadhrat ibn Abbas said,‘At the time of the Prophet , there was a young man named Alkamah. He used to work very hard and give his earnings to charity. One day he became very ill. His wife sent a message to the Prophet . The Prophet sent Bilal , Ali , Suleman and Amar with these words,‘See how he is.’ They went and found that he was indeed very ill and close to death. They spent some time trying to make him read the Kalimah, but something was holding him back. Hazrat Bilal returned to tell the Prophet about his condition. The Prophet asked,‘Are his parents alive?’ Bilal replied,‘His father has passed away, but his mother is still alive.’ The Prophet told Bilal to call his mother and if she couldn't come then the Prophet would come to her. As soon as Alkamah’s mother heard, she grabbed her walking stick and came right away. She did Salaam and the Prophet returned it and asked,‘Tell me truthfully, if you don't, then I will learn by revelation. What sort of deeds did your son do?’ She told the Prophet that he was a very pious man, that he used to read prayers consistently, fast constantly and give alms abundantly. The Prophet asked her how he was with her. She said,‘I am upset with him. Instead of me, he gives preference to his wife. He used to disobey me and listened to his wife. The Prophet said to her,‘Your displeasure has stopped Alkamah from reciting the Kalimah.’ The Prophet then ordered his Companions to gather some wood and to burn him. The mother asked whether they were really going to burn her son in front of her? The Prophet told her,‘Allah's punishment is much greater. If you want Allah to forgive Alkamah, you must first forgive him yourself. His praying, fasting and alms-giving will do him no good.’ His mother raised her hands and said,‘I have forgiven him.’ The Prophet sent Bilal to check on Alkamahh. He was reading the Kalimah. Alkamahh died that very day. The Prophet arranged his funeral and led his Janazah. After that he stood up and addressed the people.‘The person who prefers his wife rather then his mother, Allah’s curse be upon him. His faraaidh and nawafil will not be accepted.’
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#15 Oct 29, 2012
1. You should not cause them any harm even if they commit any excesses.

2. Respect and honour them in your speech and dealings with them.

3. Obey them in permissible acts.

4. If they are in need of money, assist them even if they are kafirs.

5. The following rights are due to parents after their death:

(a) Continue making duas of forgiveness and mercy for them. Continue sending rewards to them in the form of optional acts of worship and charity on their behalf.

(b) Meet their friends and relatives in a friendly way and also assist them wherever possible.

(c) If you have the finances, fulfil their unpaid debts and the permissible bequests that they have made.

(d) When they pass away, abstain from crying and wailing aloud or else their souls will be troubled.

6. According to the Shariah, the rights of the paternal and maternal grandparents are similar to those of the parents and they should be regarded as such.

7. Similarly, the rights of the maternal and paternal uncles and aunts are similar to those of the parents. This has been deduced from certain Ahadith.(Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said:“The maternal aunt has the status of one�s mother.”
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#16 Oct 29, 2012
Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) says in Hadith al-Qudsi: I swear by My Glory and power that if a (child who is) disobedient to his parents comes to me with all the good deeds of all the prophets, I will not accept them from him.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#17 Oct 29, 2012
Allah (Glory and Greatness be to Him) mentions in Noble Qur'an:

"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! Have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little." Noble Qur'an (17:23-24)

Imam Zainul Abideen (pbuh) says: "It is also said that once a man came to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and asked: "I feed my parents, carry them on my back and clean them, have I fulfilled my duty towards them? The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) answered: No, because, you are serving them in anticipation for their death while they served you wishing you a long life".
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#18 Oct 29, 2012
Rights of non-Muslim Parents in Islam The Qur�an forbids a Muslim to be disrespectful to the parents even if they are non-Muslims.

Islam instructs Muslims to be extremely respectful towards their parents, regardless of their religion. Goodness towards one�s parents is one of the most essential decrees of Islam. Many verses of the Glorious Qur�an stress the importance of being kind towards one�s parents. The Glorious Qur�an says:

�Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life say not to them a word of contempt nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say: �My Lord! Bestow on them your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.� (Al-Qur�an 17:23-24)

The Qur�an forbids a Muslim to be disrespectful to the parents even if they are non-Muslims and ardent to the extent of pressurising him to renounce Islam. Says Allah (swt) in the Glorious Qur�an: ��Show gratitude to Me and to your parents: to Me is (your final) Goal. But if they strive to make you join in worship with Me things of which you have no knowledge obey them not; Yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration) and follow the way of those who turn to Me (in love): in the End the return of you all is to Me and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that you did.�� (Al-Qur�an 31:14-15 & 29:8)

The rights of Allah take precedence over everyone else�s. In the above-mentioned verses the Muslims are commanded to show respect and gratitude to their non-Muslim parents and not to obey them only on certain occasions when they want them to worship anybody or anything besides Allah, the Creator and what could be a greater sin than associating partners with Allah? Some Muslims, after having invited their parents to Islam and finding their parents reluctant and unwilling to accept Islam, get frustrated and cut off relationships with them because the parents do not understand their �new� religion. However, the verse does not say, �cut them off,� but rather says �obey them not,� instructing the Muslims not to obey them in matters of Shirk. As far as being dutiful and kind towards them is concerned, the very same verse continues further saying �Yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration)�. One should not be arrogant or insolent but rather be kind, considerate and courteous towards them. �Indeed, such beneficent teachings are not to be found in any other religion.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Yemen

#19 Oct 29, 2012
An example of such treatment is found in the life of Asmaa, the daughter of Abu Bakr. She had a non-Muslim mother living in Makkah. Asmaa, along with her father and rest of the Muslims had migrated to Madinah. Her mother came to Madinah to visit Asmaa after the Treaty of Hudaybiya, as peace was established and they could visit each other. She wanted favours from Asmaa. Asmaa was not sure what to do, as her mother was a polytheist. Thus she came to the Prophet (pbuh), informed him of the situation, and asked the Prophet (pbuh) if she could see her mother and treat her kindly. The Prophet (pbuh) asked her to see her and treat her well. Then Allah revealed: �Allah forbids you not with regards to those who fought not against you because of religion, and drove you not out from your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them� (Al Qur�an, 60:8).(Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith No. 5978; Also mentioned in Sahih Muslims & Musnad Ahmad)

The prophet (pbuh) once said to one of his companions ��stick to her (his mother) for paradise is beneath her feet.� (Sahih Al-Jami-Assageer Vol. 1, Hadith No. 1249, Ahmad, Baihaqi)

Narrated Abu Huraira

A man came to Allahs Apostle and said, O Allahs Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me? The Prophet said, Your mother. The man said. Who is next? The Prophet said, Your mother. The man further said, Who is next? The Prophet said, Your mother. The man asked for the fourth time, Who is next? The Prophet said, Your father.(Sahih Bukhari, Vol.No. 8, Ch. 2, Hadith No. 2)

Thus 75 per cent or of the love and companionship of the children are due to the mother and only 25 per cent or of the love and companionship goes to the father. In other words, the mother gets the gold medal, she gets the silver medal, as well as the bronze medal. The father has to be satisfied with a mere consolation prize.

This display of kindness towards ones parents not only fulfills our obligation towards our Lord and the Creator but also beco-mes the means through which they may accept Islam. Considering the love, care and pain undertaken by parents while upbringing the child, no Muslim child would want his parents to be put into the Hellfire and no Muslim could help but to call out to his Lord: My Lord! Bes-tow on them your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#20 Oct 30, 2012
ashkarlive4ALLAH wrote:
I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad (straggle) in Allah's cause." (Bukhari -Narrated Abdullah bin umar-1:505)
OH PROPHET
"What if I live at the North Pole and experience 6 months of sunlight and 6 months of darkness, have no watch and no idea of the time?" CAN'T I PRAY?

"What if I am an orphan?"

"Why can't you fight your own battles?"

NARRATED JESUS IS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 14 min Raja Gaj 490,450
christians to be slaughtered in their churches ... 14 min ImFree2Choose 16
84 year old priest beheaded in France 1 hr ImFree2Choose 41
Mission Accomplished (Feb '10) 1 hr OSS ON TOM 185
The changing Religion Landscape of Europe (Feb '14) 1 hr OSS ON TOM 40
Just Curious TOM...About Your Associates That Is. 1 hr OSS ON TOM 7
News In Europe, skylines reflect the rise of Islam (Jul '07) 1 hr OSS ON TOM 4,322
Will islam be finished in 10 years? 2 hr ImFree2Choose 313
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 hr Yehoshooah is NOT... 253,556
More from around the web