Why Atheists Need To Come Out

Jul 21, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Atlantic

WaPo's "On Faith" blog is using Ricky Gervais' new show about atheism to discuss the place of atheists in American society.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
Emmanuel showed.
The OT predicted that the Savior would be born in Bethleham, be a prophet on the scale of Moses, be a healerand miracle worker, be rejected of His people and killed. It predicted His death would pay for the sins of mankind and that He would rise from tge dead. It predicted that the news of this Savior and His forgiveness of sins would spread around the world with many finding forgiveness through Him. It happened. Emmanual showed.
Bull!
Until he showed, he could not be claimed as with us. So old "god is with us", never being "with" us, only proves that there was no god with us. Not once was the Jewish Rabbi Jesus, claimed to be Emmanuel.
The Messiah Emmanuel must be a direct descendant of David. Jesus didn't meet this requirement, beings Joesph was not his natural father. The prophecy was not fulfilled.

Nope, there was no Emmanuel, at all.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still working on other matters, started your 280 posts
but must observe they seemed a bit pretentious.
When you prove there is no God of have some evidence for your atheist philosophy we will all be interested.
Happy Thanksgiving
Seeming like they were not mine, would have been much more likely than seeming to be pretentious. Well you will never have to show any interest in whether any of us would bother trying to prove your lies as truth, will you? No god and no atheist philisophy means that you have no interest in anything from us. Just for funsies, why don't you try proving the very things that only you are claiming to be valid?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Seeming like they were not mine, would have been much more likely than seeming to be pretentious. Well you will never have to show any interest in whether any of us would bother trying to prove your lies as truth, will you? No god and no atheist philisophy means that you have no interest in anything from us. Just for funsies, why don't you try proving the very things that only you are claiming to be valid?
Is there a Mrs. Personified? Will she be shopping for Christmas gifts for the little personifieds?

Model train seem old hat...so many new electronic gifts.

Do the kids still believe
in Santa Clause?
the Elves?
or the Meme Theory?
Quadratus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Bull!
Until he showed, he could not be claimed as with us. So old "god is with us", never being "with" us, only proves that there was no god with us. Not once was the Jewish Rabbi Jesus, claimed to be Emmanuel.
The Messiah Emmanuel must be a direct descendant of David. Jesus didn't meet this requirement, beings Joesph was not his natural
father. The prophecy was not fulfilled.
Nope, there was no Emmanuel, at all.
Lukes geneology goes from Marys father to David.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a Mrs. Personified? Will she be shopping for Christmas gifts for the little personifieds?
Model train seem old hat...so many new electronic gifts.
Do the kids still believe
in Santa Clause?
the Elves?
or the Meme Theory?
Were you assuming that I might be straight?
Have I in some way, implied that I am straight? Or are you just guessing?

Santa? No they don't, but I do.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
Lukes geneology goes from Marys father to David.
No, no, no it doesn't. No way that could happen, unless Joseph is her brother and Jesus's real dad, and the god thingy was just a scam.

Women were chattel, a commodity, for as long as they were accommodating, and when they weren't they were stoned, sold or dumped. Haven't you read the buybull? Men begat!
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

God Favors Evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Mahmood wrote:
Nonentities do not favor good or bad, they simply don't exist.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No, no, no it doesn't. No way that could happen, unless Joseph is her brother and Jesus's real dad, and the god thingy was just a scam.
Women were chattel, a commodity, for as long as they were accommodating, and when they weren't they were stoned, sold or dumped. Haven't you read the buybull? Men begat!
The "buybull" seems the crux of your argument/rant.
A bit of name calling, funny the first 1000 times it was posted?

Sarcastic attacks on believers was also amusing the first few hundred times you posted.:-)

Are you planing
to move on
to proving anything substantial?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The "buybull" seems the crux of your argument/rant.
A bit of name calling, funny the first 1000 times it was posted?
Sarcastic attacks on believers was also amusing the first few hundred times you posted.:-)
Are you planing
to move on
to proving anything substantial?
As long as the subject matter involves the Abrahamic god, religion or atheists, then the buybull will be the weapon I use against the buybull's bull. Once upon a time I believed in a god and Santa, then I read the buybull which clearly contradicts itself and nullifies the god-myth. I still have found nothing, that nullifies the Santa story.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln is just bent out of shape. Firstly he had to do a 180 on Dawkins despite spamming for months to the contrary. Then he found out siro/leon_the_14 was a black magic freak.
<quoted text>As long as the subject matter involves the Abrahamic god, religion or atheists, then the buybull will be the weapon I use against the buybull's bull. Once upon a time I believed in a god and Santa, then I read the buybull which clearly contradicts itself and nullifies the god-myth. I still have found nothing, that nullifies the Santa story.
Quadratus

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No, no, no it doesn't. No way that could happen, unless Joseph is her brother and Jesus's real dad, and the god thingy was just a scam.
This is old news - answered hundreds of years ago. It certainly could have been Marys geneology and I believe it was.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old news - answered hundreds of years ago. It certainly could have been Marys geneology and I believe it was.
The two geneologies conflict -- not the ONLY error and contradiction in your Bible.

Plus the whole prophecies thing is BS, since the gospels were written decades AFTER Jesus by writers with an agenda to MAKE him seem to fulfill prophecies.

Read "Bible Prophecy: Failure or Fulfillment?" by Tim Callahan
http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Prophecy-Fulfillm...

From the Amazon description:
"Tim Callahan has done the rational thing and examined hundreds of verses from the Bible claimed to be "prophecy" to see if they meet four simple tests:

1) Is it true, false, or too vague to be specifically interpreted?

2) If true, was it written before or after the fact?

3) If written before the fact, was its fullfillment something that could be logically predicted based on the knowledge of the time?

4) Was the prophecy directly or deliberately fulfilled by someone with knowledge of the prophecy?

There is not a single "Bible prophecy" that meets these four tests.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the whole third book of the bible was just a dream. Oh hang on, that was Dallas.
Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Dallas?
Just a dream...whatever he is on is most likely illegal in Texas
Quadratus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Luke showed a sensitivity to women that was unusual in his time. Why then is it inconsistent for him to include Jesus geneology through Mary?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke showed a sensitivity to women that was unusual in his time. Why then is it inconsistent for him to include Jesus geneology through Mary?
Because in Judaism, the lineage goes through the father, exclusively.

And these are Christian attempts to prove Jesus was the Messiah in Jewish terms.
Quadratus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
And these are Christian attempts to prove Jesus was the Messiah in Jewish terms.
But Luke wasnt Jewish, nor was Christianity exclusively Jewish at the time of his writing. Also Luke was writing more for the western mind than for the Semitec.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
But Luke wasnt Jewish, nor was Christianity exclusively Jewish at the time of his writing. Also Luke was writing more for the western mind than for the Semitec.
If that were so, it would be completely irrelevant whether Jesus could be actually, legally traced back to David. Why would anybody in the Greek and Roman world care?

CHristianity in the 80s was still a primarily Jewish sect, and the gospel writers clearly felt the need to establish Jesus' bona fides with regard to a supposed "Messiahship."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no definitive proof that a man named Jesus ever walked the earth, since there is no definitive proof that the Bible is anything but a collection of myths spun by bronze age goat herders, it's irrelevant anyway. ;0)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jesus was the result of illegitimate union betw... 6 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 24
Indian Congress : The Real Enemy of Hindus & Hi... (Sep '13) 8 min Mujahid 82
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 12 min hazem selawi 2,985
Message from YOUR very own Warner 13 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 7
Muslims Will Out Breed You Kuffars 37 min Bilal Hussein 3
Yemen, al Qaeda Meeting 55 min Joe DeCaro 4
Islam is the only accepted religion in the eyes... (Apr '10) 1 hr hazem selawi 5,267
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr kahinaD 324,010
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr El Cid 193,562
•••
•••
•••
•••