First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#62 Jan 26, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah created us to worship him. What human rights? We have the rights Allah gave to us.
The rest of the human race does not believe in YOUR allah.

Muslims have no right to make rules in their lands that oppress anyone who leaves Islam or who is not a Muslim.

This is basic rights that the human race was born with.

You're a supporter of death for apostates..........

At least you didn't try to make the false claim that there is freedom of belief in Islam.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#63 Jan 26, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
you think islam is a danger to society =) because it condemns gays :p. I am sorry, but homosexuality is unnatural and i thought that even when i wasnt muslim. Men are for women and women are for men, In my opinion, Gays are just another example of oversexualised society that has gone astray. Like the sex with horses, the sex with dogs etc etc etc. People just accept it because it is 2 humans. It is the exact same concept of wrong.
What is freedom of Conscience?
Also,=) are you happy i've replied now? Next time i wont take so long when i know your watching me lol
I don't care what your opinion is, I care what Islam teaches and what convictions Muslims have that endanger the freedoms that we have.

I showed you that intelligent minded people should reject Islam because it is endangering the world.

You might want to embrace it, fine. But you're going to have to deal with the fact that Islam's teachings are rejected by those who value the freedoms we have.

I showed you in my posts from the website you posted why Islam is a dangerous ideology. You want to toss your freedoms aside, that's your choice. I know of a few women who choose to be in relationships with abusive men who humiliate and subjugate them.

Go for it.

I studied Islam for years, longer than you but with an open mind to see all it's facets. And then I looked at it with a critical eye when I saw it was in opposition to my personal convictions.

Embracing a religion when you have no convictions is easy....your teachers have had a blank slate to work with.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#64 Jan 27, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The quran does not say anything about virgins in junnah.
2:25 And give glad tidings (O Muhammad) unto those who believe and do good works; that theirs are Gardens underneath which rivers flow; as often as they are regaled with food of the fruit thereof, they say: this is what was given us aforetime; and it is given to them in resemblance. There for them are pure companions; there for ever they abide.

52:18 Happy because of what their Lord hath given them, and (because) their Lord hath warded off from them the torment of hell-fire.
52:19 (And it is said unto them): Eat and drink in health (as a reward) for what ye used to do,
52:20 Reclining on ranged couches. And we wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes.

56:35 Lo! We have created them a (new) creation
56:36 And made them virgins,
56:37 Lovers, friends,
56:38 For those on the right hand;

Here's an Islamic scholars interpretation.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#65 Jan 27, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah created us to worship him...
So God created man to tell God he's wonderful?
Doesn't he already know that?

Before we can worship a God we have to know if he even exists and which of the thousands of Gods worshipped is the real one.
All you have is the word of one man. It's not enough.

“Athiest”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#66 Jan 27, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the way you deny God. It is that that we hate.
Only in Islam are you taught to hate. In any other religion it would be "dislike".

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#68 Jan 27, 2013
New muslim Girl wrote:
Awliyaa is the plural of wali. A wali is someone that guides you and protects you, you turn to them when you need help, they are supposed to support you and most of all they are supposed to be a benefit to you. In this case Awliyaa is much more than just a friend, i suppose you would refer to it as best friend, or true friend. I wouldnt turn to a friend or an accquaintance with all my problems you would turn to your best friend or your husband, someone you deeply trust and know cares about you. With that in mind i believe the verse is saying, because that is the context of the word, it is saying that you shouldnt take a jew or christian as this type of friend. It isnt saying we should be horrible to them. If you turn to a christian for advice, what kind of advice will they give you? Advice that is influenced by their beliefs that is christianity. You are constantly recieving advice that is considered to be haram in islam as it promotes shirk, you are taking on this advice as this person is your Awliyaa and slowly your beliefs can be altered. Allah is just warning us, by taking on jews or christians as best friends, people we rely on...It can weaken our imaan imensely. They incur the wrath of Allah, because they do openly say that Allah is not God and jesus is God and the Jews are openly rejecting the prophet (pbuh) Allah has sent, thus being disobeidient when he told them to obey. At the same time, it is talking about the hypocrites of islam that give up their deen because they fear that they will get hurt for it.
1. This basically says Allah i am not relying on you as my protector.
2. Allah, these people control my fate thus i will do as they say and reject you.
3. you become obeidient to them which is shirk. Which in islam is unforgiving if you dont repent.
At the end of the day, Allah just doesnt want us to take them as close friends that we rely on. He doesnt want us to become lost because he actually wants to send us to junnah. He says it is an injustice against ourselves if we dont get in.
This is also another representation, if you ask me, of how true meaning can get lost in translation. Awliyaa the word Awliyaa does not just simply mean friend. But there is no single word that can express Awliyaa in the english language. They need multiple words to express it. However, in the translations you do not see " Protector, Supporter, Guardian, Helper" you just see Friend. A wali is much more than a friend...I believe the arabic word for friend is sadeek/saheb for males or sadeeka/saheba for females. As you can see, that is NOT the word Allah has used. It is little things like this which make knowing arabic so fundamental, if we are to understand the full meaning of Qur'an.
I was not asking for your preferred interpretation of 3:28 (and you picked only one of many parts to comment on). You asked us to consult "trustworthy" Islamic sites to find out about "How Should Muslims Treat Non Muslims", and I simply complied by doing exactly that... and the link I showed you (from your preferred site) concluded with this:

"See also the answer to question no. 2179, which explains the important principle of the prohibition on taking the kuffaar as close friends. It also describes many forms of the kinds of friendship that are forbidden.

In the answer to question no. 43270 you will find the ruling on saying that the morals and manners of the kuffaar are better than those of the Muslims, and there is a quotation from Shaykh Ibn Baaz on the prohibition on saying such a thing.

In the answer to question no. 26118 and 23325 it is stated that it is forbidden to keep company with the kuffaar and make friends with them."

Thanks for warning us that Islam forbids muslims be true friends with us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min chazmo 514,320
Facebook admits: governments exploited us to sp... 2 hr Islam forum laugh... 2
Not in my name ! 2 hr J_a_n 36
Islam will prevail in America 2 hr J_a_n 48
Jay - The mentally ill troll of this forum 2 hr Islam forum laugh... 67
The Regina guy is incontinent 4 hr Student 9
Muslim Females Are Like Bald Men 6 hr Straight Forward 1
More from around the web