First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Since: Mar 11

Save Myanmar!

#1 Apr 12, 2011
APOSTASY

The English term apostasy comes from the Latin apostata and means ‘to move away from,’ while the Arabic term riddah means‘turning back.’ Apostasy is, therefore, to renounce one’s religion and adopt another or no religion. Buddhism does not have a legalistic approach to belief and, thus, never developed a concept of apostasy, nor does any Buddhist culture have such a concept. In Buddhism, the individual is free to believe or not according to his or her inclinations and understanding.

The Buddha’s attitude to apostasy is epitomised by his encounter with a man named Sunakkhatta. He was a disciple of the Buddha, but after a while became dissatisfied with the Dhamma and decided to renounce the Teacher and the teaching. Sunakkhatta came to the Buddha and said:‘Lord, I am leaving you. I am no longer living by your teachings.’ The Buddha responded to this declaration by asking Sunakkhatta some questions:‘Did I ever say to you:“Come, live by my teachings?”’‘No Lord.’‘Then did you ever say to me that you wished to live by my teachings?’‘No Lord.’‘That being the case, who are you and what are you giving up, you foolish man?’(D.III,2-3). Neither in this case nor others, did the Buddha suggest that apostates be punished nor did he say that apostates would go to hell simply because of their apostasy. None of the criminal codes of traditional Buddhist countries criminalized apostasy.

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Save Myanmar!

#2 Apr 12, 2011
Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad, persecuted for his conversion from Islam to Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahaa_el-Din_Ahm...

THE PUNISHMENT FOR APOSTASY FROM ISLAM

The punishment for apostasy from Islam is a controversial topic for Muslims living in the West and for ex-Muslims everywhere. That’s because Islam teaches that apostates are to be killed. We know from historic Islamic documents that during Muhammad's lifetime, and the lifetimes of the next four "Rightly Guided Caliphs", tens of thousands of Muslims left the faith of Islam and thousands were killed. On a large scale the Muslims made war on groups that chose to leave Islam and massacres of apostates occurred. On a smaller scale individual apostates were executed. This death sentence is in effect whether or not the apostasy occurred in or out of the Islamic state.

Many Muslims living in Islamic countries have no problem with the rule of putting apostates to death. The examples of Robert Hussein[1] of Kuwait, Abdul Rahman[2] of Afghanistan, and Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad[3] of Egypt come to mind. These ugly Muslim governments are succored by the West’s finances and blood while they impose an imperial and brutal religion upon its citizens.

On the other hand, Muslims living in the West are embarrassed by this death sentence. The West values the freedoms of thought and speech, Islam does not, and these virtues have never blossomed under Islamic rule. Consequently, when asked about the Islamic law for apostates many Western Muslims do their best to cover up Islam’s edict. Motivated by conviction, or shame, they make up various defenses and say whatever they can to put your mind at ease and make Islam more acceptable to a naïve, gullible, and ignorant Western audience. It is not difficult to make the Quran dance and say what you want it to say. More on these arguments later.
Buford

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Sahih Bukhari, Book 84, Number 57:

"Narrated By 'Ikrima : Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying,'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle,'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."
Muslim apologists will spin this injunction to mean those who not only quit Islam but who also actively work against it by stirring up sedition, for example, as though that excuses such barbarism. That's what happens when you fuse mosque and state.
travel marriage

Jakarta, Indonesia

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Tesla wrote:
LMFAO! You got to be kidding me. There's no comparison with Buddhism and Islam, a death cult.
Here's another story about Buddha and a guy who tried to insult him.( If it had been Muhammad, he would has asked his 'holy' Jihadists to behead him on the spot.)
"One day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."
Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?"
The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."
The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger.
If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you.
You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."
"If you want to stop hurting yourself, you must get rid of your anger and become loving instead. When you hate others, you yourself become unhappy. But when you love others, everyone is happy."
The young man listened closely to these wise words of the Buddha. "You are right, o Enlightened One, "he said. "Please teach me the path of love. I wish to become your follower."
The Buddha answered kindly, "Of course. I teach anyone who truly wants to learn. Come with me."
Let's compare!

Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 38: Number 4348:
Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

From this story, we can conclude.. It's permissible to kill mom and baby, to defend Allah and Muhammad name

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Save Myanmar!

#6 Apr 17, 2011
A’Hadiths
Guidance from The Prophet (peace be upon him)

Hadrat Abu Hurairah, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "Allah, the Exalted, becomes Angry; and His Anger is provoked when a person does what Allah has declared unlawful."

The merciful God Allah becomes angry when a person does what Allah don't like. How about patience?
Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person. As Allah is short-temper God, He becomes angry when Muslims denounce Islam.

Apostates of Islam hosts the website named apostateofislam.com . Let me quote some facts from that website. Read what ex-Muslims write.

What is our goal?

We are apostates of Islam. We denounce Islam as a false doctrine of hate and terror. However we are not against Muslims who are our own kin and relatives. We do not advocate hate and violence. Muslims are the main victims of Islam. Our goal is to educate them and let them see the truth. We are against Islam and not the Muslims. We strive to bring the Muslims into the fold of humanity. Eradicate Islam so our people can be liberated, so they can prosper and break away from the pillory of Islam. We would like to see Islamic countries dedicate more time to science and less time to Quran and Sharia. We would like to see them prosper and contribute to human civilization. We would like to see the draconian laws of Islam eliminated and people are treated humanely. We strive for freedom of beliefs, for equality of gender and for oneness of humankind.

The prospect of prosecution is very real for a Muslim who leaves Islam, especially if they are present in a Muslim country, like Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East.
According to Sharia, an apostate must be killed. This is given in Sahih Bukhari Hadith.
We do not want to risk death, or have us and our families suffer prosecution.
Ahmed

Thornhill, Canada

#7 Apr 17, 2011
Buddhism Vs. Islam ....based on past history Mulims would be able to easily slaughter all the Buddists in approx. 2 months. Charlie Sheen said it best - "it's about WINNING people"

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#8 Apr 17, 2011
How dare anyone compare the evil pedophile mohammed with the kind and peaceful Buddha? I'm an Atheist, but I do like the Buddha.

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Ahmed wrote:
Buddhism Vs. Islam ....based on past history Mulims would be able to easily slaughter all the Buddists in approx. 2 months. Charlie Sheen said it best - "it's about WINNING people"
You know very little about the background of Buddhism. The Buddhists are a very peaceful people and harm nobody. But by tradtion, Buddhist monks are all great warriors. The difference (on that particular point) being the while islamics are a naturaly warlike bunch, Buddhists are not.
If any war does start, then history will call that war 'islam vs the rest of the world.' Im not a gambling man myself, but if I were, I wouldnt waste a one penny bet on islam. They will be dead within a month or two.
bmz

San Diego, CA

#10 Apr 17, 2011
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very little about the background of Buddhism. The Buddhists are a very peaceful people and harm nobody. But by tradtion, Buddhist monks are all great warriors. The difference (on that particular point) being the while islamics are a naturaly warlike bunch, Buddhists are not.
If any war does start, then history will call that war 'islam vs the rest of the world.' Im not a gambling man myself, but if I were, I wouldnt waste a one penny bet on islam. They will be dead within a month or two.
that is also a fatalistic streak to buddhism. if a buddhist has to die it is only because of karma.

they will gladly die for this perceived fate. it is lethal when that happens. and i am not talking about surrendering to muslims, but choosing certain death as karma.

bmz
Fahima

Bromley, UK

#11 Apr 22, 2011
Thunder-Girl wrote:
How dare anyone compare the evil pedophile mohammed with the kind and peaceful Buddha? I'm an Atheist, but I do like the Buddha.

please SHUTUP your Frickin boldd buddha head is stupid. which gay haed says that? "How dare anyone..."

Stupid Stupid Stupid
passerby

London, Canada

#12 Apr 22, 2011
Fahima wrote:
<quoted text>
please SHUTUP your Frickin boldd buddha head is stupid. which gay haed says that? "How dare anyone..."
Stupid Stupid Stupid
hehehe As the Buddha said we do not accept your anger. It's all yours.
Zulfiqar

Richmond, VA

#15 Apr 22, 2011
BANGKOK, Thailand -- Buddhist monks who allegedly murdered people, enjoyed sex with women and, in a macabre ritual, roasted a dead baby have wreaked hell on Thai society and its saffron-robed clergy.

On Monday (October 30), police arrested a Buddhist abbot for allegedly killing a woman whose body was found a week earlier inside a septic tank at a neighbor's home.

Police seized Abbot Adhikan Arn Wattanadhammo, 46, in Petchabun town while he reportedly tried to burn bloodstained clothing and destroy a ring inscribed with the dead woman's surname.
Related Stories on Scoop

Buddhist Temple Purges Ghosts of 2,000 Aborted Fetuses 30/11/2010
2,000 Aborted Fetuses Discovered in a Buddhist Temple 23/11/2010
Thailand & Cambodia - Two Buddhist Nations Battle 16/10/2008
Richard Ehrlich: Burma's Buddhists Protest 26/09/2007
A Corrupting A Cosmic Crutch Emerges In Thailand 14/05/2007

"Buddhist leaders face major crisis of faith," warned the respected Nation newspaper in an editorial.

"There was the monk who roasted dead babies in order to collect their oil to be used in spurious magical ceremonies," the editorial added. "And then there was the monk who committed necrophilia in coffins in his temple.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0011/S00003....
Zulfiqar

Richmond, VA

#16 Apr 22, 2011
Buddhism is a religion or approach to an enlightened life based on the teachings of the Buddha Siddhartha Gautama twenty five centuries ago in northern India. The edict not to kill or inflict pain on others is integral to Buddhist thought. Periodically, however, Buddist monks have encouraged violence or initiated it. The primary example in the 20th and 21st century is in Sri Lanka, where Sinhala Buddhist groups have committed and encouraged violence against local Christians and Tamils. The leader of Aum Shinrikyo, a Japanese cult that committed a lethal sarin gas attack in the mid-1990s, drew on Buddhist as well as Hindu ideas to justify his beliefs.

I can go on but this should suffice...
http://www.azadkashmirtimes.com/...
Zulfiqar

Richmond, VA

#17 Apr 22, 2011
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be dead within a month or two.
That's actually funny...Your glee and anticipation over the genocide of more than a billion people is not only depressing it is alarming...

Why should any Muslim feel symapthy if he beheads someone like you? Do all Kaffirs think like you?
bmz

San Diego, CA

#18 Apr 22, 2011
Zulfiqar wrote:
Buddhism is a religion or approach to an enlightened life based on the teachings of the Buddha Siddhartha Gautama twenty five centuries ago in northern India. The edict not to kill or inflict pain on others is integral to Buddhist thought. Periodically, however, Buddist monks have encouraged violence or initiated it. The primary example in the 20th and 21st century is in Sri Lanka, where Sinhala Buddhist groups have committed and encouraged violence against local Christians and Tamils. The leader of Aum Shinrikyo, a Japanese cult that committed a lethal sarin gas attack in the mid-1990s, drew on Buddhist as well as Hindu ideas to justify his beliefs.
I can go on but this should suffice...
http://www.azadkashmirtimes.com/...
FILTHY BASTARD....stick with MUSLIM ISA. He must have killed quite a few in his time. F. ISLAM and the mongrel bastard muslims.

bmz
bmz

San Diego, CA

#19 Apr 22, 2011
Zulfiqar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's actually funny...Your glee and anticipation over the genocide of more than a billion people is not only depressing it is alarming...
Why should any Muslim feel symapthy if he beheads someone like you? Do all Kaffirs think like you?
i don't feel any sympathy when your head is removed. that's only because some muslim somewhere in this world is insulting and persecuting non - muslims.

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Zulfiqar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a worthy question.....I might as well ask if all islamics think like anjem choudhry.
And my 'glee?' You truly are a gifted individual if you can deetermine a persons emotions over the vastness of the internet. Dont even try being clever when you write a response to me. It wont do you a scrap of good. I will say again - just so there can be no doubt about my words - and this time, IF you do not understand, just say so.
IF there is a war,(involving islam) history will call that war 'islam vs the rest of the world.'
Now, tell me truthfully...When you consider that islamic political leaders are generaly regarded - world wide - as dictators at best: When you consider that the world - by which I mean, all nations on this planet that are not of the islamic faith - are concerned about what islam says, does and trys to do: When you consider that the free people in the world actually dont want islam - and yet dont have any problems with the other major faith groups that have settled (very well) into western society......Consider all that, and tell me that islam stand even the slightest chance of winning what isla itself refers to as 'jihad.' Like I said previously, it wouldnt be worth a 1 penny bet on islam. Islam has made itself an enemy of the free world,...what possible chance could it stand?

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#21 Apr 22, 2011
Zulfiqar wrote:
<quoted text>
And....dont call me a kaffir, Paki!

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#22 Apr 22, 2011
Fahima wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Stupid Stupid
I agree with Passerby. Keep your anger and hate for you and your islam.
passerby

London, Canada

#23 Apr 22, 2011
Ahmed wrote:
Charlie Sheen ia a Bi-polar women beating junkie. Nice role model there Achmed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslim Mental Deficiency Caused by Inbreeding (Jun '11) 6 min BB Board 138
News See Roots of Islamic Radicalism 19 min BB Board 2
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 36 min chazmo 517,039
Perfect use for muslims 1 hr Phil 2
Employment for Forum Fool 4 hr Phil 9
Prophet MUHAMMAD (Sep '12) 4 hr Phil 2,309
Muslims are superior to all of us 4 hr Phil 2
More from around the web