How may fulfilled prophecies in Bible...
rockspider

Pretoria, South Africa

#104 Feb 3, 2013
The Quran did not predict any prophecies.Muhammad claims he got a message from an angel Gabriel,and he then wrote the Quran; but he knew the Christian bible that was written thousands of years before his vision.He rewrote the bible in a distorted text and called it the Quran.The holy bible written thousand of years ago by people who actually experienced God and who dwelt with Jesus personally wrote about the future of Israel.Israel is going to go through hardships no doubt,because the Jews refuse to accept Jesus as the Mesiah.Incidentally the Quran also acknowledges Jesus as the Mesiah.Now God is going to take Israel through their final oppression with the battle of Armageddon.Then He will restore His people for ever and punish all those that lifted a hand against Israel
rockspider

Pretoria, South Africa

#105 Feb 3, 2013
When Jesus died on the cross He called out Eli(My God) Eli(My God)
why have You forsaken Me?The Christian God and Allah is not the same person.Allah at that stage was never,and untill today as ever been used by Christians to refer to their God.
rockspider

Pretoria, South Africa

#106 Feb 3, 2013
Isaiah 43:5-6. "Do not be afraid,for I am with you;I will bring your children from the EAST and gather you from the WEST.I will say to the NORTH,"GIVE THEM UP" and to the SOUTH "DO NOT HOLD THEM BACK".Bring my sons froam afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth......Fulfilled:From the East: many Jews living in the Middle East moved to Israel by the early 1900s. From the West:during the mid -1900s hundreds of thousands of Jews living in the WEST (Europe and the USA) began moving to Israel.From the North:The former Soviet Union(Russai) is north of Israel.It refused to allow Jewish residents to move to Israel.But after years of pressure from other countries,Russia finally began to allow Jews to return to Israel during the 1980s;so far hundreds of thousands of Russian Jews moved to Israel.From the South:Ethiopia which is south of Israel also refused to allow Jews to return to Israel.But in 1985 Israel struck a deal with Ethiopias communist gov to allow Jews to move to Israel.On the weekend of May 25, 1991; 14500 Ethiopian Jews were airlifted to Israel
rockspider

Pretoria, South Africa

#107 Feb 3, 2013
Zechariah 8:7-8; This is what the Lord Almighty says:"I will save my people from the countries of the EAST and the WEST.I will bring them back to Jerusalem;they will be my people,and I will be faithful and righteous to the as their God"The prophecy has been fulfilled more than once,first it was destroyed by Babylon.The Jews rebuild Jerusalem but it was again destroyed by the Romans.But in 1967 the Jews took control of it again during the SIX DAY WAR.
rockspider

Pretoria, South Africa

#108 Feb 3, 2013
you are so thick;you don't even know your Quran to make such an iddiotic remark.
Historical criticism

Springfield, IL

#109 Feb 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan is not a book of prophesies.
The Bible is said to be full of prophesies but one main prophecy, the biggest one never came true.
Jesus never came back again in the life time of his disciples and they died in vain waiting for him, for he never turned up as he promised.
This one bursts the biggest bubble of all the prophesies.
Moreover, he never sat upon David's throne. There was no government upon his shoulders and he had no children.
He was never named Immanuel and he was not buried among the wicked.
These are some that I could think of straightaway.
Cheers
BMZ
In which prophecy do you refer to? He is from the line of David, and he taught as one who had authority. Secondly, the first coming of Jesus was to atone for and save the lost(Luke ch.4). While the second coming have yet to be fulfilled. Jesus said that He would appear like a thief in the night and that none would know the hour. So short answer, the prophecies of the messiah restoring Israel is still yet to come.

We can still be assured of His promise by the fulfillment of the other prophesies. It was prophesied hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus that He would be born in a manger, in Bethlehem!!! There are so many prophesies about specific details regarding his death and ressurection.

I can promise you that biblical texts were not tampered with regarding these prophesies. they are located in both the Septuagint and the Masoretic text. AS WELL AS THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS!!! If you actually read the book you'd know this.
Historical criticism

Springfield, IL

#110 Feb 12, 2013
MUSLIM wrote:
ELI! ELI! why have you
forsaken me,(Matthew 27:46
and Mark 15:34 ).
OKAY ..NOW MY DEAR CHRISTIANS WHY JESUS SAID ELI..ELI WHICH IS DIRECT TRANSLATION TO THE WORD /./..ALLAH////ALLO///ALOIH///E LAHI
Because he spoke Aramaic, like everybody else in his time. Is this an issue for you? Because from a Christian standpoint there is no issue.
Historical criticism

Springfield, IL

#111 Feb 12, 2013
Historical criticism wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he spoke Aramaic, like everybody else in his time. Is this an issue for you? Because from a Christian standpoint there is no issue.
Also, the correct text is "Eloi eloi lama sabachthani"
Standstrong

Charlotte, NC

#112 Feb 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You did waste at least a few minutes.
I do not wish to learn anything from you. I am asking to show you what prophesies of the Bible ever came true?
Let us take one. Jesus promised to return within the life-time of his disciples.
Failed to turn up. And it is now coming to 2,000 years.
End of the story.
All Christians are disciples of Christ. 3,200 prohecies have come true from the bible. Too many to list here.
Standstrong

Charlotte, NC

#113 Feb 21, 2013
Historical criticism wrote:
<quoted text>
It is known that the desciples, as well as Jesus, spoke many lanquages. And rightly so to witness to many different peoples. His statement was actually in Aramaic and hebrew. Which can confuse some people that don't know the 2 languages very well. This is a typical case of the false teachings of Islam.
pjb

Bethany, OK

#114 Mar 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...a Mofreak asking why a Muslim and Islam is not a Prophecy of the Gospel writers. Damned stupid you are. There even a cloned Muslim ISA making an appearance 600 years because of IT. Child..you need to learn read the logical fallacies in ISLAM. Beating the floor with your forehead is not going to change what that TURD did.
Cheers
BMZ
You are an idiot, what verse in the bible says Jesus will come back during the life of His disciples?
TheTravelsOfTimo

Norwalk, CT

#115 Mar 22, 2013
To those that disrespect the Bible and Qur'an do not have faith in both religions. Along with Judaism, they all believe in one true God.

The real reason behind this madness is that neither group would want to get along with the other. You still want to prove which religion is more dominant, yet you do not understand that following religion isn't about which one is better. It's about how the religion can assist you for a better life.

Making comparisons between what is greater is a large problem in society. Who knows how long this argument has been going around. This is like saying who is the greatest basketball player ever. This question is not specific. You can make a good argument for many players.

The same can be said about prophecies in both the Qur'an and the Bible. You can argue that both have fulfilled prophecies (I think so), but you cannot prove how many either book has fulfilled. These scriptures can be described in so many different ways.

Language has evolved, even it includes words that we're familiar with. The Old Testament were written in Hebrew, then Aramaic. Around the time of the New Testament it's been written in Latin and more text in Greek. None of these languages are spoken the way they are today, that is why most statements made in scriptures are understandable, but not precise. Various explanations are broad.
Even with the Qur'an, it was created in Arabia when Arabic was spoken. Yes the language did not change much, but numerous explanations are broad.

People reveal these potential prophecies when the event already occurred or proven.

What we should all be thinking is how these texts affect us and we should make an assumption as to what the Books are trying to say. Remember, that they all intend for peace in all of mankind (That is the problem with extremists in all religious groups these days).

I don't want to end my comment with all of you being bored, because most people here only care to point fingers. I thought it would be interesting to leave some verses referring to possible prophecies in the Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam

Bible:

"Abomination Desolation (Temple Mount or Dome of the Rock)"
Daniel 12:11

"Muhammad" or the Islamic belief of Mahdi
John 14:14-17
Deuteronomy 18:18

Qur'an:

"Rotation and Orbit of the Sun and Moon"
21:33

"Battle of Antioch & Battle of Issus"
30:2-4
Rahid

United States

#117 May 20, 2013
Quran is the Holy book of Islam.
Muslims believe that it is the word of
God. I have been researching on
Quran and have concluded that it has
some extra ordinary qualities. For
example, many of the things mentioned in this book were not
possible to be revealed 1400 years
ago which modern science has
revealed. I am stating some of my
research points here.“30- He made the earth egg-shaped.”
(79-The Snatchers, 30 )“dahw” is an Arabic word which
means rotundity like that of the
ostrich’s egg. 1400 years ago, no one
could know about the actual shape of
the Earth. Even the books written
centuries after the descent of the Quran resembled the shape of Earth to
a tray like thing. At two different places, it is mentioned
that plants also have pairs and they
have sexual properties. 53-“ And has sent down water from
the sky. With it have We produced
diverse pairs of plants.“
(20-Ta-He, 53) 3-“…And fruit of every kind He made
in pairs two and two.“
(13-The Thunder, 3) It was impossible for some one to
know such information 1400 years
ago so it was extra ordinary
information with respect to that age. Now lets move to some highly
technical information written in Quran
which was impossible for any one to
even guess.“1- By the heavens and The Knocker.
2- How will you comprehend what the
The Knocker is?
3- It’s a piercing star.“
(86-The Knocker, 1-3) In 1967 Jocellyn Bell accidentally
stumbled on a gravity time warp
which was a million times greater than
that produced by sun. The object she
detected was continuously emitting
pulses. These pulses were just like heart beats. At that time, such a
pulsating object was unknown to
exist in space. It was concluded that
these pulse signals are being
generated by intelligent beings of
another planet. However afterwards scientists came to know that it was a
spinning neutron star also known as
pulsar or we can say “Knocker Star”.
Now question arises how is it
piercing? The answer is a single
spoonful of matter taken from a pulsar would weigh billions of tons. So a
small particle of this matter placed on
earth will pierce it down to the center.
Don’t you think this information is
amazing? Here is one more high tech
information by the Holly book of
Quran.“104- On that day We will fold the
heaven, like the folding of a book. Just
as We initiated the first creation, We
will revert it. This is Our promise. We
will certainly fulfill it.“
(21-The Prophets, 104) One of the latest and most famous
theories of creation of this universe
indicates that this universe is
expanding like a balloon. It will
expand till some extend and then it
will revert back and this will be end of the Universe. I have only posted some of my
research points here because if I will
include all of the research points here,
it will cover hundreds of pages here. If
this article interests you, I suggest that
you should read the Translation of the Holy Quran with an open mind. You
will find a lot more information within
it.
Rahid

United States

#118 May 20, 2013
Theres only 1 God and who has got no son,daughters nor any family member. The Almighty God sent the message that to worship only the Almighty God not God's creation and none other else than the God.Quran has some verses in which it stated discoveries of modern science including big bang, black hole, orbit of the Earth around the sun. And also it predicts that the Romans will be defeated by the Persians and later the will won victory over them in the Sura : Al Room (Chapter : The Romans) to show some proof to the disbeliever.
Henry

Nelson, Canada

#119 May 21, 2013
You do understand that this very prophecy ALREADY EXISTED MANY TIMES COMING FROM MANY DIFFERENT PROPHETS OF THE BIBLE.

The Bible not only has this prophecy but MANY MANY more that are tied to it! There IS NO COMPARISON of prophecy and this is very important as in Isaiah it is written:

22 “Let them try to tell us what happened long ago
so that we may consider the evidence.
Or let them tell us what the future holds,
so we can know what’s going to happen.
23 Yes, tell us what will occur in the days ahead.
Then we will know you are gods.
In fact, do anything—good or bad!
Do something that will amaze and frighten us.
24 But no! You are less than nothing and can do nothing at all.
Those who choose you pollute themselves.

God CLEARLY says that prophecy indicates the truth of GODS word. The Bible is FAR AND AWAY MORE prophetic than the Quran. The Quran is HARDLY prophetic at all!

Look up the http://www.thedanielprojectmovie.com/

or this

http://www.one-gospel.org/thebible/i_thebible...

or here

http://worldview3.50webs.com/quranvbible.html

SEEK THE TRUTH
truth wrote:
one of the most freaky prophecies in Quran: is about israel and jews. when Quran was written 1430 years ago there was no israel and no single jewish in Israel. but Quran predicted that the jewish power will rise again and they will recolonize Israel again.but the same time it predicted that their empire will fall down again read this
Al-Isra
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(4) And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants.(4)
(5) So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed.(5)
(6) Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery.(6)
((7) Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.(7)
(8) It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers.(8)
Henry

Nelson, Canada

#120 May 21, 2013
I tell you NOW.

The criteria for the Word of God is PROPHECY. Knowledge of ANY other thing is NOT a legitimate claim to the word of GOD, it is NOTHING.

This is very CLEAR in Isaiah 41.
Rahid wrote:
Quran is the Holy book of Islam.
Muslims believe that it is the word of
God. I have been researching on
Quran and have concluded that it has
some extra ordinary qualities. For
example, many of the things mentioned in this book were not
possible to be revealed 1400 years
ago which modern science has
revealed. I am stating some of my
research points here.“30- He made the earth egg-shaped.”
(79-The Snatchers, 30 )“dahw” is an Arabic word which
means rotundity like that of the
ostrich’s egg. 1400 years ago, no one
could know about the actual shape of
the Earth. Even the books written
centuries after the descent of the Quran resembled the shape of Earth to
a tray like thing. At two different places, it is mentioned
that plants also have pairs and they
have sexual properties. 53-“ And has sent down water from
the sky. With it have We produced
diverse pairs of plants.“
(20-Ta-He, 53) 3-“…And fruit of every kind He made
in pairs two and two.“
(13-The Thunder, 3) It was impossible for some one to
know such information 1400 years
ago so it was extra ordinary
information with respect to that age. Now lets move to some highly
technical information written in Quran
which was impossible for any one to
even guess.“1- By the heavens and The Knocker.
2- How will you comprehend what the
The Knocker is?
3- It’s a piercing star.“
(86-The Knocker, 1-3) In 1967 Jocellyn Bell accidentally
stumbled on a gravity time warp
which was a million times greater than
that produced by sun. The object she
detected was continuously emitting
pulses. These pulses were just like heart beats. At that time, such a
pulsating object was unknown to
exist in space. It was concluded that
these pulse signals are being
generated by intelligent beings of
another planet. However afterwards scientists came to know that it was a
spinning neutron star also known as
pulsar or we can say “Knocker Star”.
Now question arises how is it
piercing? The answer is a single
spoonful of matter taken from a pulsar would weigh billions of tons. So a
small particle of this matter placed on
earth will pierce it down to the center.
Don’t you think this information is
amazing? Here is one more high tech
information by the Holly book of
Quran.“104- On that day We will fold the
heaven, like the folding of a book. Just
as We initiated the first creation, We
will revert it. This is Our promise. We
will certainly fulfill it.“
(21-The Prophets, 104) One of the latest and most famous
theories of creation of this universe
indicates that this universe is
expanding like a balloon. It will
expand till some extend and then it
will revert back and this will be end of the Universe. I have only posted some of my
research points here because if I will
include all of the research points here,
it will cover hundreds of pages here. If
this article interests you, I suggest that
you should read the Translation of the Holy Quran with an open mind. You
will find a lot more information within
it.
Henry

Nelson, Canada

#121 May 21, 2013
You have sites ONE SINGLE prophecy! ONE! That SINGLE prophecy has been proven to be dubious at the very BEST.

This Quran does NOT meet Gods standard in Isaiah 41. PERIOD.
Rahid wrote:
Theres only 1 God and who has got no son,daughters nor any family member. The Almighty God sent the message that to worship only the Almighty God not God's creation and none other else than the God.Quran has some verses in which it stated discoveries of modern science including big bang, black hole, orbit of the Earth around the sun. And also it predicts that the Romans will be defeated by the Persians and later the will won victory over them in the Sura : Al Room (Chapter : The Romans) to show some proof to the disbeliever.
naman

Bergen, Norway

#122 Jul 17, 2013
Junaid wrote:
Quran has many prophesies becz of final messenger of God like (Chapter 84 verse 18 to 20"And (I swear) the moon when it is full, you will mount up stage by stage! Why do they not believe""
Quran Predicts
“Today, We will save your body, so that you may become a sign to those who come after you. But verily, many people are heedless of Our signs.”(10:92).
thousands of predictions in Quran !!
Islam means Submit to One God & Seek Only His will For Justice Peace , way of life . Islam is true religion of Jesus& all Prophets . Islam is truth :)
Excuse me, sir/madame, but you are wrong: Muhammad himself several places in the Quran stated he was unable to make prophesies - "to know the unknown" or "to know the unseen". Seef.x. 3/144, 6/50, 7/188, 10/20, 27/65, 46/9, 72/26, 81/24, and perhaps others.

Thus when you claim Muhammad/the Quran made prophesies, you state that the Quran is lying at these 8 places.

As for Jesus his teachings were so totally different from Muhammads, that they did not even belong to the same religion.(Remember here that both science and Islam strongly have proved that the Bible is not falsified).

http://www.1000mistakes.com
"Muhammadans, not Muslims".
dmc

Australia

#123 Jul 17, 2013
naman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, sir/madame, but you are wrong: Muhammad himself several places in the Quran stated he was unable to make prophesies
thats true naman :) mohammad was unable to make prophesies, but mohammad delivered the word of god in quran, and am sure that god can till the future, so what these verses of quran really means is that mohammad is just a human and not even him can make prophesies and its all god`s word, so all the prophecies in quran are from god him self not mohammad
naman

Norway

#124 Jul 18, 2013
dmc wrote:
<quoted text>
thats true naman :) mohammad was unable to make prophesies, but mohammad delivered the word of god in quran, and am sure that god can till the future, so what these verses of quran really means is that mohammad is just a human and not even him can make prophesies and its all god`s word, so all the prophecies in quran are from god him self not mohammad
Here you open one of the silent wounds in Islam - silent because Muslims never mention it: There is not one proved prophesy in the Quran. Not one place is it said that this and this is a prophesy. What perhaps comes closeat is where the Quran says that the Romans will be victorious within a certain number og years. The Arab word the Quran use here means "within 3 to 9 years". Depending on which battle Muhammad referred to, it took from more to many more years.

Besides the contexts shows that this was part of a peptalk, not a specific prophesy.

And excuse me sir/madame: If there really had been proved prophesies in the Quran, be sure all your scholars had screamed about it. There never was such a scream.

Also remember that Islam readily admits that "there is no miracle connected to (not "made by" but "connected to") Muhammad, except the delivery of the Quran". To make real prophesies is a kind of miracle; to see what is hidden or has not happened yet.

Both these points show that Muslim scholars admit there are no real prophesies in the Quran.

If there had been real prophesies or proved miracles in the Quran, it had been stuff for advanced publicists and for university level. But where we - and you - find such claims, are in books and tales for lay people + in claims in f.x. Internet - claims made by religously not too educated people. Also remember here that things like al-Taqiyya (the lawful lie), Kitman (the lawful half-truth), etc. are not only permitted, but recomentde "if necessary" to defend or promote Islam, according to Islam.

As for the Quran being the words of a god: No god would deliver a book of that quality - f.x. that full of wrong facts, contradictions, etc. And no good and belevolent god would deliver a moral code like what you find in large parts of the Quran or in parts of the Shariah laws.

By the way: Why do you call Muhammad a prophet if you admit he was unable to make prophesies? A berson unable to make prophesies is no prophet. Perhaps messenger, but not a prophet.

http://www.1000mistakes.com
"Muhammadans, not Muslims".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Barbara Masjid burned down. 1 min Faith 3
MUST WATCH - Leftists chant - Allahu akbar! 33 min ihyj 3
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 36 min Faith 512,629
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr yehoshooah adam 256,485
News President-elect Trump: Russian agent? 3 hr The Supremes 65
England’s first Islamic Modest Fashion Week 5 hr Rose 4
News Islamic leaders ask for student concessions dur... 6 hr islam _ enemy num... 1
More from around the web