How may fulfilled prophecies in Bible and How many in Quran? Which is Credible?

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Christianfaith

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Can somebody give an idea how many fulfilled prophecies in the Bible and How many in Quran and lets decide which one is Credible, the Quran or the Bible?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#2 Feb 8, 2010
Christianfaith wrote:
Can somebody give an idea how many fulfilled prophecies in the Bible and How many in Quran and lets decide which one is Credible, the Quran or the Bible?
Qur'aan is not a book of prophesies.

The Bible is said to be full of prophesies but one main prophecy, the biggest one never came true.

Jesus never came back again in the life time of his disciples and they died in vain waiting for him, for he never turned up as he promised.

This one bursts the biggest bubble of all the prophesies.

Moreover, he never sat upon David's throne. There was no government upon his shoulders and he had no children.

He was never named Immanuel and he was not buried among the wicked.

These are some that I could think of straightaway.

Cheers
BMZ

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Feb 8, 2010
No contest.

Bible and Qur'an - Comparing the Prophecies

"First, unlike the Qur’an, the Bible is replete with prophecies that could not have been fulfilled through chance, good guessing, or deliberate deceit ...

"... Since Christ is the culminating theme of the Old Testament and the Living Word of the New Testament, it should not surprise us that prophecies regarding Him outnumber all others. Many of these prophesies would have been impossible for Jesus to deliberately conspire to fulfill—such as his descent from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Genesis 12:3; 17:19; Matthew 1:1-2; Acts 3:25); his birth in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1, 6); his crucifixion with criminals (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38; cf. Luke 22:37); the piercing of his hands and feet on the cross (Psalm 22:16; John 20:25); the soldiers gambling for his clothes (Psalm 22:18; Matthew 27:35); the piercing of his side (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34); the fact that his bones were not broken at his death (Psalm 34:20; John 19:33-37); and his burial among the rich (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60).

"In sharp contrast, predictive prophecies demonstrating the divine origin of the Qur’an are conspicuous by their absence. While the Qur’an contains a number of self-fulfilling prophecies such as Muhammad’s prediction that he would return to Mecca (sura 48:27), this is very different from the kinds of prophecies outlined above. Other prophecies such as Muhammad’s prediction that the Roman’s would defeat the Persians at Issus (sura 30:2-4) are equally under whelming. Unlike the biblical examples presented above this prophecy is not fulfilled in the far future and thus can be easily explained through good guessing or an accurate apprehension of prevailing military conditions."
bmz

Seoul, Korea

#4 Feb 8, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is said to be full of prophesies but one main prophecy, the biggest one never came true.
Jesus never came back again in the life time of his disciples and they died in vain waiting for him, for he never turned up as he promised.
Moreover, he never sat upon David's throne. There was no government upon his shoulders and he had no children.
Cheers
BMZ
THE Quran is here to fulfil the prophecises of what came before, namely to prove the BIBLE correct TURD bastard Muslims will abuse the name of JESUS and supplant his teachings. That is one prophecy that matters.

The Quran is repleted with hints and clues how Muslims should look to the Bible for answers and how they will deny it at the same time. TURD was remorseful.

And Which TURD Muslim could argue with that. LOL....and it ain't no fault of the Christians either. Islam is FUNN..Muslim TURDs make it funnier. LOL.

Cheers
BMZ
truth

Baghdad, Iraq

#5 Feb 25, 2010
one of the most freaky prophecies in Quran: is about israel and jews. when Quran was written 1430 years ago there was no israel and no single jewish in Israel. but Quran predicted that the jewish power will rise again and they will recolonize Israel again.but the same time it predicted that their empire will fall down again read this

Al-Isra

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

(4) And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants.(4)

(5) So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed.(5)

(6) Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more in soldiery.(6)

((7) Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.(7)

(8) It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers.(8)
meinkampf koran

Watertown, NY

#6 Feb 25, 2010
Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace
"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause" Muhammad, prophet of Islam

"Just about every time a Muslim quotes a text that appears to be favorable to non-Muslims, it is actually in a Quranic context that teaches the opposite."

A 48-year-old Somali begs for his life as he is partially buried in preparation for stoning over adultery by an Islamic court.(Needless-to-say, he wasn't successful).

bmz

Singapore

#9 Feb 26, 2010
bmz wrote:
namely to prove the BIBLE correct
Cheers
BMZ
Hello, Turd

There is no need to prove. The Bible demolishes itself and burst its own bubbles.

Just read Genesis 18 and see there is a very old man and his very old wife.

Then read Genesis 20 and see the very old man and his very old wife travelling and staying in Gerar.

Then, Abimelech king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her. Abimelech must have been a three hundred year old man, who saw Sarah, 85+, as a beautiful girl. lol!

You can read and laugh out your own ass!

This the Bible.

Since: Sep 09

NUNYA

#10 Feb 27, 2010
Mo did read the torah and the quran both the prophecies he highjacked and put in his own words were from those two books.

bmz

Singapore

#11 Feb 27, 2010
theramblingpoet wrote:
did read the torah and the quran both the prophecies he highjacked and put in his own words were from those two books.
What prophesies of Torah have ever come true?

The Torah and the entire Jewish Tanakh was hijacked, copied wholesale and forged by the Christians, who named the plagiarization as the Old Testament.

What did we copy from the Torah? Zilsch!

NUNYA

#12 Feb 27, 2010
think what you think it matters no to me I am not your teacher to worry about your path to salvation logic eludes you I will not waste even a nano second on you

bmz

Singapore

#13 Feb 27, 2010
theramblingpoet wrote:
think what you think it matters no to me I am not your teacher to worry about your path to salvation logic eludes you I will not waste even a nano second on you
You did waste at least a few minutes.

I do not wish to learn anything from you. I am asking to show you what prophesies of the Bible ever came true?

Let us take one. Jesus promised to return within the life-time of his disciples.

Failed to turn up. And it is now coming to 2,000 years.

End of the story.

bmz

Singapore

#14 Feb 27, 2010
Correction, TRP

Should read:

I do not wish to learn anything from you. I am asking you to show, what prophesies of the Bible ever came true?

Thanks

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#15 Feb 27, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers
BMZ
Hi BMZ, I have to agree, Jesus is not coming back! If I want to read interesting prophecies, I like to read Nostradamus!LOL!!
truths

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 27, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What prophesies of Torah have ever come true?
The Torah and the entire Jewish Tanakh was hijacked, copied wholesale and forged by the Christians, who named the plagiarization as the Old Testament.
What did we copy from the Torah? Zilsch!
They lied by saying Moses wrote the Torah. He didn't.

bmz

Singapore

#17 Feb 27, 2010
Thunder-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BMZ, I have to agree, Jesus is not coming back! If I want to read interesting prophecies, I like to read Nostradamus!LOL!!
Yes, TG. I agree with you.

None of the biblical prophecies came true but many of Nostradamus' did come true.

bmz

Singapore

#18 Feb 27, 2010
truths wrote:
<quoted text>
They lied by saying Moses wrote the Torah. He didn't.
If people mean the first 5 books of the OT to be Torah, then I agree with you that Moses did not write them at all.

The Torah can only be found in bits and pieces in Genesis, Deuteronomy and Leviticus.

However the entire Genesis was definitely not written by Moses. I can guarantee that.

Read Genesis 18 very carefully and mark how old are Abraham and Sarah. Very old.

Now read Genesis 20 and see what happens.

Abraham and Sarah go to Gerar and the king takes the poor old lady away from Abraham. God then warns him in dream not to touch her.

Do you see this huge blunder? I am sure Moses did not write that at all.

NUNYA

#19 Feb 27, 2010
Starting the Foundation
Proving whether something is true or not is called apologetics. This word is derived from the Greek word “apologia,” which means “to defend.” The entire Clarifying Christianity site is filled with apologetics—proofs and explanations for many Christian-related issues. The focus of this page is the proof supporting the accuracy of the Bible. After all, if the Bible is not true or if it is filled with errors, Christianity would only be a “blind faith”—something people believe without any evidence to support it.

However, Christianity is not a blind faith. It is the only religion that can prove itself, and a main source of that proof is the Bible. Although it is becoming less common, there are still people who tell others that they follow Christianity “because it feels right”(or use wording like that). This is unfortunate, since there is a lot of evidence supporting Christianity. The existence of all that evidence is one reason we started this site. We want people to learn about the solid evidence that supports their faith, and have a place that collected that evidence so they can show it to others.

By the way, if you would like some reference materials that are a little more portable than a computer with an Internet connection, a book we recommend is Know Why You Believe by Paul Little. This book is available in larger bookstores and most Christian bookstores. Also, the Tucson Community Church recorded a seminar called “Knowing The Facts Behind The Faith.” It is available on DVD and VHS video (NTSC format). If you are interested in purchasing a copy, you can get one directly from the church that produces them at the Tucson Community Church website. They also handle international orders.

The Proof of Science
There is a great deal of scientific evidence that supports the Bible. Enough that we have a separate page to discuss this proof alone. If you would like to see our science page, click on this sentence.

The Proof of Prophecy
One of the strongest arguments for the accuracy of the Bible is its 100% accuracy in predicting the future. These future predictions are called “prophecies.” The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, every one happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

One Type—The Messianic Prophecies
Of these prophecies, the most striking examples are the predictions about an “anointed one”(“Messiah” in Hebrew) who was to arrive in the future. About 4 BC, a miraculous event occurred—a boy named Jesus was born to a virgin named Mary. You can read His story in the book of Luke. Starting at age 30, Jesus fulfilled more and more of these prophecies written about the Messiah. His fulfillment of these prophecies was very spectacular: Jesus gave sight to the blind, made the lame walk, cured those who had leprosy, gave the deaf hearing, and raised people from the dead! These miracles and others were done many times in front of thousands of witnesses for three years. About 30 AD, Jesus was crucified (a prophecy) and died (a prophecy). Three days later he rose from the dead (another prophecy), after which He was seen by over 500 witnesses. Since these prophecies were written down at least 400 years before they happened, there is no doubt that the Bible’s writers were inspired supernaturally—by God.

NUNYA

#20 Feb 27, 2010
There are many prophecies that can be proven through archaeology, especially prophecy dealing with entire nations. Typically, when God declared judgment on a nation, He would send a prophet to announce to the citizens why He was judging them and what He was going to do to them if they continued their evil behavior. On occasion, God would also tell the citizens how He would reward them if they started doing what was right. The book of Jonah records a case where the Assyrians stopped doing what was evil as a result of Jonah’s short prophecy. This is what God wanted, and God did not punish them as a result of their change of heart. However, most often the people would jeer at God’s prophet and continue their bad behavior—later becoming recipients of the exact punishment that God threatened.

Like other prophecy recorded in the Bible, these predictions support the supernatural inspiration of the Bible. The prophecies recorded in the Bible came true in such a detailed way that they could not have been predicted by chance. Further, archaeologists have evidence that these prophecies were written down many years before they were fulfilled, proving that they were not falsified documents claiming to be prophecies that came true.(The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls stopped the majority of that talk.)
bmz

Seoul, Korea

#21 Feb 27, 2010
bmz wrote:
Correction, TRP
Should read:
I do not wish to learn anything from you. I am asking you to show, what prophesies of the Bible ever came true?
Thanks
LOL...a Mofreak asking why a Muslim and Islam is not a Prophecy of the Gospel writers. Damned stupid you are. There even a cloned Muslim ISA making an appearance 600 years because of IT. Child..you need to learn read the logical fallacies in ISLAM. Beating the floor with your forehead is not going to change what that TURD did.

Cheers
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

#22 Feb 27, 2010
theramblingpoet wrote:
The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC.
That is absurd.

The Jewish Scriptures were written around mid 5th Century BCE and were canonized in the mid 3rd Century BCE.

The LXX, known as the Septuagint was translated to Greek in 200-250 BCE by 70 translators. It was not at all known as the OLD Testament.

The Christians' Old Testament, which you see now came 400-500 years after Jesus was long gone.

It is a wholesale
but forged copy made out of the Greek Septuagint.

Forgeries have been made to show Jesus, prophesies, etc., wherever possible.

This is a fact which no Christian can deny!

Cheers
BMZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 min bmz 214,875
Aisha had no children 6 min St Warner of Livi... 9
We Western Women and the need for real MEN ! _... 7 min harminder 41
The dilemma of western govts 26 min harminder 15
Germanwings pilot was muslim convert deleted. 37 min YoavProudDhimmi 36
News 'Inshallah, Kashmir Will Become Part Of Pakistan' 38 min harminder 17
News The Germanwings Co-pilot'sNon-Existent - Muslim... 48 min YoavProudDhimmi 7
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Baron44 422,548
Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 3 hr harminder 115
More from around the web