Mother jailed for beating son to deat...

Mother jailed for beating son to death for failing to memorise Qur'an

There are 51 comments on the The Guardian story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Mother jailed for beating son to death for failing to memorise Qur'an. In it, The Guardian reports that:

Sara Ege, who claimed the devil urged her to beat the seven-year-old, told she will serve at least 17 years in prison Sara Ege, who has been given a life sentence after beating her seven-year-old son to death and then setting fire to his body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Horrible.

What's sad is that there were no warning signs because she was just trying to be a good Muslim.
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Look how zeenews report on this case..

Indian mom gets life for killing son for not memorising Quran. Not true !

London: An Indian-origin mother, who beat her 7-year-old son to death "like a dog" for failing to memorise the Quran, was Monday sentenced to life for killing him and setting his body afire to hide evidence after applying barbeque gel.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/indian-m...

This is one is true...

http://www.examiner.com/article/muslim-mom-ki...
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#3 Jan 7, 2013

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/07/moth...

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#6 Jan 7, 2013
His arm was broken previous to his death.

That's what the joys of Islam do to you.
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#7 Jan 7, 2013
This is what the Muslim mother said to police :

I was trying to teach him the Koran.
“I was getting more and more frustrated. If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry — I would hit him.
“We had a high target. I wanted him to learn 35 pages in three months.
“I promised him a new bike if he could do it. But Yaseen wasn’t very good — after a year of practice he had only learnt a chapter.”

Ban Islam Religion !

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Seriously wrote:
“We had a high target.!
She placed him on a step ladder before each beating?

Location hidden

#9 Jan 7, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
She placed him on a step ladder before each beating?
:o
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#10 Jan 7, 2013
For a good person to do something as bad as this takes religion; what an ugly bitch.
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Reading the Quran makes Muslims Demonic,all they want to do is kill kill kill,crazy like Muhammad !

Location hidden

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Reading the Quran makes Muslims Demonic,all they want to do is kill kill kill,crazy like Muhammad !
Islam generally leads people to extremist behavior. The minority who actually behave themselves don't prove Islam to be a good or benevolent 'religion', they only prove that Islam is a dangerous cult.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 7, 2013
The prison factory workplace has a book bindery section. Let's hope she is put to work assembling Bibles.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam generally leads people to extremist behavior. The minority who actually behave themselves don't prove Islam to be a good or benevolent 'religion', they only prove that Islam is a dangerous cult.
There were women, American Christian women, who killed their children too.

By drowning, by shooting, and by poisoning, why not make stories about them.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 7, 2013
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?

This is the Islam forum for starters.

Any other innocuous questions?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#16 Jan 7, 2013
Seriously wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/07/moth...
Typical muslim behavior.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 7, 2013
animals against islam wrote:
The prison factory workplace has a book bindery section. Let's hope she is put to work assembling Bibles.
Who can decipher your posts?

Since: Dec 12

UK

#18 Jan 7, 2013
Advice in a muslim website saying how little children should be made to memorise the quran and they should be beaten if necessary!

With regard to the difficulties that we face in the process of memorizing the Quran, a female teacher of the Quran said,

The most important difficulty is the weakness of the children’s abilities and their failure to achieve the desired progress in addition to dyslexia. Nevertheless, I know the best methods that suit each child and achieve the best results. In fact, children are very different, some of them do not memorize without BEATING,while others only need little instruction

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php...

WE NEED LAWS TO STOP THIS CHILD ABUSE

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
To help you understand consider this:
1. why did she kill her son; for a reason relating to Islam and no other reason
2. it happened in a Western country with little corruption compared to 3rd world or developing countries. In other words you cannot hide from the law in the West. You will be eventually caught.
In these other countries like Malaysia, a death can be easily covered up.
In many cases in remote villages there is not even a record of birth.
3. Speaking of birth, what is the ratio of men to women in your country. It should be less than one, as in the West, as a woman lives biologicaaly longer than a man.
But it isn't as many baby girls are murdered at birth.
4. Why is your country and other Muslim countries backward and undeveloped; it is because of Islam.
Why, because Islam produces Mega Billions for the corrupt leaders.
Your own ex-PM is reported to have 44 Billion $US.
That's 40 thousand million.
President Obama made a mere 1 million $US from writing childrens books.

I urge you to leave Islam unless you belong to the elite class of Muslims who siphon off the wealth of a nation.

Islam, a sham, a money machine for the elite.

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 7, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
This is the Islam forum for starters.
Any other innocuous questions?
I find your arrogance disgusting especially as you have nothing to be smug about.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 7, 2013
El Morales wrote:
Advice in a muslim website saying how little children should be made to memorise the quran and they should be beaten if necessary!
With regard to the difficulties that we face in the process of memorizing the Quran, a female teacher of the Quran said,
The most important difficulty is the weakness of the children’s abilities and their failure to achieve the desired progress in addition to dyslexia. Nevertheless, I know the best methods that suit each child and achieve the best results. In fact, children are very different, some of them do not memorize without BEATING,while others only need little instruction
Wow....their own words condemn them.

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#22 Jan 7, 2013
El Morales wrote:
In general I agree with this teacher.
I do not hold the modern popular Western view that children should not be smacked or have corporeal punishment.
As the teacher said, each child is different and has different learning requirments.
Attention Deficit Syndrome, now common in the West, is best treated with a sound beating and not medication.
The West is rapidly falling behind the education levels of some developing nations.
This is not to say Islamic countries have a higher level of education than the West, quite the opposite because every minute wasting time studying religion is time away from science and maths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min topgirl 453,411
Coalition Air Strike Gets Another Top IS Comman... 4 min Dawn of Reality 17
Jesus Christ was a Palestinian Muslim. 32 min Mujahid 540
What's happening in Angola? 1 hr Old Pom 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr bmz 225,370
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) prescribed camel urine 2 hr my goodness 3
The Biggest Lie: Holocaust. 2 hr Baron44 790
More from around the web