France: 'Mosque for gays'

Nov 21, 2012 Full story: www.albawaba.com 507
An Algerian homosexual man is planning to open a “mosque for gays” in France by the end of the month, which sets to be a place of worship for Friday prayers at first, then will hold same-sex Muslim marriages ... Full Story
Rio

Beckenham, UK

#469 Dec 7, 2012
Alexanddre wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a bisexual. i am now sure about that. its all about being open minded right rio?
Whatever you say...
Jason

Bronx, NY

#472 Dec 14, 2012
For anyone that's been there, do you agree with what they say about France on the Travel Explosion website?
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

#473 Dec 14, 2012
bazz wrote:
i understand this is proving to be a great idea with muslims
Muslims are comming from every where !
One was called abba anyone know him? he was a little boy with a rag like clothes Sadly i dont think hes washed for a long time He rants like a chimp and carries a book !
.I think it was called [Tales of the quran for boys]
This can be purchased at any toy shop
Abba is the forum joke. Always good 4 a LOLOL!
Tartarin

London, UK

#474 Dec 21, 2012
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Are you saying that all most all Muslim women are getting a divorce now?
-
A man to divorce his wife under the Sharia laws is as easy as drinking a glass of water.
-
For a woman to divorce her Muslim Husband is like finding a chicken with teeth.
-
rio you are talking crap, it impossible for a Muslim woman to geta divorce, she be dead woman first.
-
rio stop dreaming and look at the video clip.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GLlnpcAC5XcXX
-
Can a woman in Islam divorce her husband?
A man in an Islamic marriage is able to divorce his wife by merely saying "I divorce you" thrice. Does that go both ways? If not, how does the woman divorce the man if she wants to.(I understand she has to go to a court to get divorced)
This double standard seems absurdly unfair, in my opinion.
3 years ago
Report Abuse
Additional Details
Source: Women must go to a court to file a divorce.
http://books.google.com/books...
3 years ago
I apologize, I gave the wrong impression. The husband cannot say "I divorce you" three times in the same instance. Each time must be on a different occasion and witnessed by someone.
You are a cretin,i will offer you a return flight ticket to Algeria and have a look in the divorce courts (filled with hundreds of couples a day who wants to divorce)
You are a silly cant,choosing just one example from YouTube from Koweit or God knows where thinking that Algeria is similar.
"I divorce you 3 times" DOESN'T EXIST IN ALGERIA.
You are an ignorant twit,you should travel a bit and see the world.
What an idiot.
Tartarin

London, UK

#475 Dec 21, 2012
bazz wrote:
This can be purchased at any toy shop
You mean gay toy shop?How do you know?have you been there?

“IRONEA 338 B.C.E. ”

Since: Mar 10

Solun, Occupied Macedonia [+]

#477 Dec 28, 2012
No wonder, since they let in the Bulgars...

“IRONEA 338 B.C.E. ”

Since: Mar 10

Solun, Occupied Macedonia [+]

#478 Dec 28, 2012

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#480 Feb 17, 2013
Tartarin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cretin,i will offer you a return flight ticket to Algeria and have a look in the divorce courts (filled with hundreds of couples a day who wants to divorce)
You are a silly cant,choosing just one example from YouTube from Koweit or God knows where thinking that Algeria is similar.
"I divorce you 3 times" DOESN'T EXIST IN ALGERIA.
You are an ignorant twit,you should travel a bit and see the world.
What an idiot.
-
Algeria is not the world of Islam.
-
Go where the laws are based on Islam only.
-
I have seen more countries in 2 years than you will ever see in your lifetime.

“Facts, not fiction”

Since: Apr 07

Earth

#481 Feb 18, 2013
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Now, where would that be? Saudi Arabia? I'm not sure you want to use that as your example. Afghanistan under the Taleban? Not quite the best example either. So, where?
harrington mugglesworth

UK

#482 Feb 18, 2013
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, where would that be? Saudi Arabia? I'm not sure you want to use that as your example. Afghanistan under the Taleban? Not quite the best example either. So, where?
no doubt the poster lives in one of these wonderful countries.

“Facts, not fiction”

Earth

#483 Feb 18, 2013
harrington mugglesworth wrote:
<quoted text>
no doubt the poster lives in one of these wonderful countries.
I actually just realized I may have unfairly treated Baron44, as I misunderstood where he is coming from.

Sorry, Baron44!
HookahMaster

Reunion

#484 Feb 18, 2013
We need mosques where one can hit a big bong.

Since: Mar 12

Paris, France

#485 Feb 19, 2013
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
I have seen more countries in 2 years than you will ever see in your lifetime.
But to all appearances you have not learnt much... divorce is both permissible and practiced for muslims, at the initiative of women too. There are of course wide cultural differences between countries, and the diferent schools of Islam (eg Mauritania vs Gulf emirates).

More often than not there will have been provisions in the marriage contract to provide the bride with ways to opt out. For instance all my sisters in law had a clause in their contract specifying that in case of their husband remarrying, they would automatically be entitled to divorce, keep the dowry, and get compensation.

If the husband is responsible for the break-up, the wife keeps the dowry on top of her own possessions (the husband has no rights over his wife's estate whatever happens), if she has nothing to reproach him she must give it back on the dissolution of marriage.

Location hidden

#486 Feb 19, 2013
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan.
-
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Location hidden

#487 Feb 19, 2013
Tigerrlily wrote:
<quoted text>
But to all appearances you have not learnt much... divorce is both permissible and practiced for muslims, at the initiative of women too. There are of course wide cultural differences between countries, and the diferent schools of Islam (eg Mauritania vs Gulf emirates).
More often than not there will have been provisions in the marriage contract to provide the bride with ways to opt out. For instance all my sisters in law had a clause in their contract specifying that in case of their husband remarrying, they would automatically be entitled to divorce, keep the dowry, and get compensation.
If the husband is responsible for the break-up, the wife keeps the dowry on top of her own possessions (the husband has no rights over his wife's estate whatever happens), if she has nothing to reproach him she must give it back on the dissolution of marriage.
--
Every Muslim knows that what the Islamic laws says and what is done under the laws of Islam is not the same.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you should circumcise your women, but all Muslim women in Egypt knows it is done to them.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you can beat the sh!t out of your wife, but all Muslims men know, that he will not get punished.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you can have oral or anal sex with your sister, but all Muslim men know that their sister will never complain.
-
The Qur'an does not have honour killings, but all female Muslims know about it.
-
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#488 Feb 19, 2013
..Vhaaat???..No Way,here....gulp...the strict teachings will NOT allow it
rio

Beckenham, UK

#489 Feb 19, 2013
Baron44 wrote:
<quoted text>
--
Every Muslim knows that what the Islamic laws says and what is done under the laws of Islam is not the same.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you should circumcise your women, but all Muslim women in Egypt knows it is done to them.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you can beat the sh!t out of your wife, but all Muslims men know, that he will not get punished.
-
It also does not say in the Qur'an you can have oral or anal sex with your sister, but all Muslim men know that their sister will never complain.
-
The Qur'an does not have honour killings, but all female Muslims know about it.
-
Well, all of that isn't practiced in the whole of the Muslim world, but in some regions only. It isn't even practiced systematically.

Those are more cultural practices attached to a country, or an ethnicity than religious ones. There is a huge difference between what is done in Albania and what occurs in Saudi Arabia, just like Morocans don't behave like Indonesians. But all are Muslim!!

So these generalisations are pointless, and just mentioned by people who have problems dealing with Islam and often hate Muslims. Period!

Location hidden

#490 Feb 20, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, all of that isn't practiced in the whole of the Muslim world, but in some regions only. It isn't even practiced systematically.
Those are more cultural practices attached to a country, or an ethnicity than religious ones. There is a huge difference between what is done in Albania and what occurs in Saudi Arabia, just like Morocans don't behave like Indonesians. But all are Muslim!!
So these generalisations are pointless, and just mentioned by people who have problems dealing with Islam and often hate Muslims. Period!
-
Are you saying it is pointless that women do not have equal rights under the ideology of Islam.
-
If one woman suffers from not having the same rights as her male counterpart, there should be stop put to it, even it was in Timbuktu or as we say in Australia behind the black stump.
-
Muslims think differently.
-
That is because you are brought up as savages.
-
No better than the Feral Pigs in Australia.

Since: Mar 12

Paris, France

#491 Feb 20, 2013
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The "law of islam" is far from monolithic either. For instance the Shia recognize temporary marriage whereas the Sunni do not and you won't see a tradition of corporeal punishment in North Africa whereas the Saudi have made it their hallmark.

Sharia law is a human contruct based on sacred texts, a jurisprudence which not only can be altered but has evolved in different directions over the centuries and quite a few scholars are pushing for an extensive overhaul

“Facts, not fiction”

Earth

#492 Feb 20, 2013
Tigerrlily wrote:
<quoted text>
The "law of islam" is far from monolithic either. For instance the Shia recognize temporary marriage whereas the Sunni do not and you won't see a tradition of corporeal punishment in North Africa whereas the Saudi have made it their hallmark.
Sharia law is a human contruct based on sacred texts, a jurisprudence which not only can be altered but has evolved in different directions over the centuries and quite a few scholars are pushing for an extensive overhaul
So far, it looks like the Wahhabi's are winning that "overhaul". In Egypt, in Tunesia, even in Indonesia and Malaysia. I have little hope for Syria after Assad, considering what has happened in Egypt and Tunesia. It's quite the catch-22 situation in Syria: support a heartless dictator presently in power, or support his opponents, of which a significant proportion would be even worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 16 min Faith 371,360
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 32 min Eric 202,215
Brisbane locals want to understand Islam 1 hr kefa 8
Muslims are a primitive people, just sayin' 1 hr Ravenclaw 5
DY: Five beliefs that MUHAJID means COWARD is t... 1 hr Ravenclaw 2
Kerry: 'The Real Face of Islam is a Peaceful Re... 2 hr Ravenclaw 142
I use the koran to wipe my a$$ 2 hr Ricky 1
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 2 hr number four 50,653
•••

Islam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••