20000 Americans Convert To ISLAM Each Year

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chowk

Why Islam? Fastest Growing Religion in America Forums: Spirituality And Religion, Religion, America, Islam, Quran Email this Topic a Print this Page firdaus REPLY Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:33 pm Being that so many Americans are opposed to Islam, calling it evil, as I've seen several times on this site...I'm curious why would so many Americans convert to ... (more)

Comments
201 - 220 of 738 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2012

Since: Mar 10

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Abdurratln wrote:
Oh! Nice chest.
You're welcome. Now go beg forgiveness to Allah because you saw some half-naked t1tties.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
No you did not. You provided an sorryazzz translation that does not convincingly show that this is about witches. All I did was try to be helpful by proving that your translation is not reliable.
That translation is from the King James Version of the Bible, one of the commonest translations of the Bible on the planet.

The meaning conveyed is exactly the same - "don't allow a witch to live."

Are you really this thick or are you just playing dumb?

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

puppygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Now go beg forgiveness to Allah because you saw some half-naked t1tties.
Hmmm!! letr me take another look. Wow! Better than I thought. Which one of those two is your brain located in?

“Eyes Big as Child...:)”

Since: Apr 12

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

puppygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
That translation is from the King James Version of the Bible, one of the commonest translations of the Bible on the planet.
The meaning conveyed is exactly the same - "don't allow a witch to live."
Are you really this thick or are you just playing dumb?
Go get thighed by your muslim uncle as a girl. Sick people...

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm!! letr me take another look. Wow! Better than I thought. Which one of those two is your brain located in?
You'll need to look a little higher, dear. But given the way this conversation has gone, I daresay even my breasts contain more brain cells than whatever's rattling around in your frontal lobe.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

RyGuy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go get thighed by your muslim uncle as a girl. Sick people...
I'm not a Muslim. Religious people do suffer from a kind of mental sickness, however - that much is true.

You're exhibiting the symptoms of the sickness, I'm afraid. You're critical of me for attacking the Bible, when you should be criticising this supposedly holy text which tells you to kill people who happen to have a different belief system to you.

At least, that's what any sane, decent person would do.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

puppygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen James was a, err, how do you say, a homo. Who can trust THAT?
The meaning conveyed is exactly the same - "don't allow a witch to live." The Verse is speaking about witchcraft or sorcery. The poor translation leave it unclear preciely what about witchcraft. Is it limited to female witches only? Did it say "kill" them or merely do not allow them to live among us. Those issues are not clear in that Verse. If you had the original language (as we do in The Arabic Quran) we could figure out what it meant without having the "gay community" interprete it for you. The meaning in the ancient cultural context may not be exactly what it means in today's language. For example, there are passages in the Bible that people read all the time and not undersatnd them because the translation has been tricked. For example, Muhammad's name is mentioned in the Aramaic and Greek. But when people read it, they do not know what it said in the ancient before the name Muhammad was even used. It was mentioned in the Bible. As far as I know, Prophet Muhammad was the first person in history to have that name. So we have to go back and translate it back into the ancient languages to know that Christians have been tricked in so many ways. As I said, I do not pay much attention to the Bible. But, in tranlations of the Quran, I know for a fact that a lot of it has been tricked similarly to what we see in the Bible translations. But Islam makes it clear that we must study in Arabic, not any other language. That is the thing about me as a Muslim and Islam in general as compared to Christianity: we are held accountable as individual people. GOD Told us to READ (Surah 96). And GOD said sevreral times that the Arabic is what we must READ. Every Muslim must READ at least Part of The Quran in Arabic. That way, nobody has the opportunity to trick us the way so many Christians have been tricked.
puppygirl wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this thick or are you just playing dumb?
i am just saying that Scriptures are very serious matter. We have to study them carefully to the point of knowing the presie meaning of each word and the meanings of their roots in the ancient cultural context. What it meant 2-3,000 years ago may not be what it means now.

For instance, in Surah 4:34, some people claim that Muslims can beat their wives. But the actual Arabic word is something like "beat her with a headscarf" or "beat her with a straw" or "beat her with wet noodles". Clearly that is entirely different from what "beat" means in modern terminology. In the context in which it is Written, it is clear that a husband cannot physically harm his wife in any way whatsoever. But lying Christians have translated it to mean the opposite of what it actually says. We can trust noone to intervene between humanity and GOD. Thus, Islam has no priesthood.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

puppygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Muslim. Religious people do suffer from a kind of mental sickness, however - that much is true.
You're exhibiting the symptoms of the sickness, I'm afraid. You're critical of me for attacking the Bible, when you should be criticising this supposedly holy text which tells you to kill people who happen to have a different belief system to you.
At least, that's what any sane, decent person would do.
You make valid points. Ooops. There i go again. Thinking is key. And to think critically, we must know exactly what each word means. Not only that, we have to know the conext in which it is used and how it is arranged in a statement.

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

KING JAMES IV AND HOMOSEXUALITY

I'd be willing to trust plenty of 'homos', you sick freak. Many of the world's greatest people have been 'homos'.

It's not clear what King James' sexuality was. According to your religion, you've just committed another sin by accusing a person of a grave sin, without the four witnesses required to condemn him for it. Tut tut.

Even if James IV was homosexual, he was not one of the scholars doing the translating.

WITCHCRAFT

The meaning is clear in every translation, and is not even disputed by the Jews in Hebrew. It meant killing a witch. And what bearing does the sex of the witch have to do with anything? Even if it is restricted to one sex, it is a heinous injunction either way.

MUHAMMAD AND THE QURAN

Muhammad's name is not in the Bible, only a word that sounds vaguely similar to it.

I don't deny that there have been a number of interpretations regarding the Quranic verse about wife beating. However, many of your jurists have permitted wife-beating based on that verse. That is an incontrovertible fact. So in practice, women have suffered because of this verse. And in the hadith, there is even an account in which Aisha says Muhammad struck or pushed her on the chest and it caused her pain.

But even if we believe you that it's about 'beating with wet noodles' or toothbrushes or whatever - even that is unacceptable. It is degrading, cruel and immoral that a woman should have to endure a beating by her husband, whatever the instrument he uses.

It also reveals the inequality inherent in Islamic marriages. Where's the verse about women being able to smack their husbands with headscarves? Oh, it doesn't exist? What a surprise...

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

That should read James VI, by the way.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

puppygirl wrote:
KING JAMES IV AND HOMOSEXUALITY
I...trust plenty of 'homos'...
It's not clear what King James...was... you just committed another sin by accusing a person of a grave sin, without the four witnesses required to condemn him for it. Tut tut.
Well, if you count dead people, two of theyeyewitnesses would be the two male lovers between whom he is buried. Another one would be the grave digger. And the fourth one would be the undertaker.
puppygirl wrote:
...if James...was homosexual, he was not one...doing the translating.
He was a poitician who should have stuck with politics and perverted sex and left religion to religious scholars, lay and clergy. It was precisely his kind of political interference in religion that the American revoluitonaries rebelled against and wrote a constsituion to protect us from. Did you know that the Queen James Vesion was not used by the early Americans? The use of the Queen James startefd after the revolution when the Brits realized they had lost the war and needed to infiltrate back into America through religion.
puppygirl wrote:
The meaning is clear in...and is not even disputed by the Jew... It meant killing a witch.... QUOTE]

Oh please. It did not say that. It said sorcerers/sorceress. And it did not say "kill". It said do not allow them to live. So ,the question remains "live" where?

[QUOTE who="puppygirl"]Muha mmad's name is not in the Bible...
It is spelled exactly like it. It is spelled "mahammadim".(The selcetion of vowels is optional and interchangeable in Semitics) The "im" is a grammatical term used in the Semitic languages. For example, Parts of an Islamic Prayer says "Muhammadun". The "un" is grammar. But Muhammad is exactly what it says. And it appears in multiple places in the Bible, both Old testament and New Testament. In Greek, the spelling is different. But the roots are the same.
puppygirl wrote:
I don't deny that there have been a number of interpretations regarding the Quranic verse about wife beating. However, many of your jurists have permitted wife-beating based on that verse.
So what? All that means is that some jurists are idiots.
puppygirl wrote:
...women have suffered because of this verse.
Women have suffered because of idiots in power who cannot read and comprehend. And as people become more and more knowldegeable, they become more aware of the true meaning of the Verse. So the Verse is ultimately a good thing no matter how you look at it.
puppygirl wrote:
...in the hadith, there is...an account in which Aisha says Muhammad struck...it caused her pain.
So what? She never accused Muhammad of deliberately harming her or ever beating her or any of his other wives. In fact, Muhammad specifically told us not to beat our wives, also Hadith.
puppygirl wrote:
But even if we believe you that it's about 'beating with wet noodles'...that is unacceptable.
No it is not. When two people cannot get along, they must separate and that is what the Verse actually means. It tells the husband to "scourge" her is the best translation usually. That basically means to indiicate that she must get out of his house. When that happens he must pay alimony. I guess alimanoy is also "humiliating" too in the modern context, huh? It is not in the Bible.
puppygirl wrote:
It is degrading...endure a beating by her husband...
That is NOT a "beating". It is a speration. Of course dang fools prefer violence in the family to divorce and separation. Islam gives both parties the right to go their seperate ways: depart company.
puppygirl wrote:
Where's the verse about women being able to smack their husbands...?
Nobody "smacks" anybody. That is the point of it all.It is more like waving good-bye. Be clear minded and thinking. Get over all the lies you have obviously been told. How does it feel to know you have been brainwashed?
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

What happened to the debate? I as just starting to enjoy myself. I must say that has been pleasant so far.
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came,'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!"

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arland...
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

4:34 Husbands should take full care of their wives, with [the bounties] God has given to some more than others and with what they spend out of their own money. Righteous wives are devout and guard what God would have them guard in the husbandsí absence. If you fear high-handedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."
Who in heck is "Tabari"? Is he another lying Jew or Christian? I have already shown that a Muslim cannot beat his wife. So what are you talking about? Do you want to question if what I said is accurate? If so, I can prove my case well enough. Just ask me politely enough, idiot. But have enough sense not to throw that kind of non-sesne at me. It is a waste of your time and mine. But, if you need me to dumb it down to level stupid level, I can do that too.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came,'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!"
So what, fool?

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
4:34 Husbands should take full care of their wives, with [the bounties] God has given to some more than others and with what they spend out of their own money. Righteous wives are devout and guard what God would have them guard in the husbandsí absence. If you fear high-handedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.
Who are we to believe acknowledged islamic scholars or just any olde ignorant foolish idiot? Well, I do not buy that non-sense that Qureen Geogie boy is trying to trick us into buying. So here is what one islamic scholar says about it:

"In this connection, it must be immediately noted that there is no warrant here in this verse for wife battering. The suggestion to use beating is made specifically to deal with nushuz on the part of the wife, that is, to deal with her deliberately nasty behavior that poses a threat to the marriage...There is therefore, absolutely no license here for the type of regular and continual wife beating that goes on in some homes, where each time the husband is angry with his wife or with someone else he turns against her and beats her up. In most such cases, the husband has no moral superiority over the wife: the only rule of Shari'ah that he cares about is this suggestion about beating. He also does not have the kind of control over his sexual passions needed to separate the wife in bed and often beats her the day before or the day after making love to her, an action specifically condemned by the Prophet.

"a) According to some traditions the Prophet said in his famous and well-attended speech on the occasion of his farewell pilgrimage that the beating done according to the present verse should be ghayr mubarrih, i.e. in such a way that it should not cause injury, bruise or serious hurt. On this basis some scholars like Tabari and Razi say that the beating should be largely symbolic and should be administered "with a folded scarf" or "with a miswak or some such thing".

"b) The wife has no religious obligation to take the beating. She can ask for and get divorce any time.
"c) If the husband beats a wife without respecting the limits set down by the Qur'an and Hadith, then she can take him to court and if ruled in favor has the right to apply the law of retaliation and beat the husband as he beat her.

"d) Some Muslim jurists are of the opinion that beating is permissible but not advisable.
"...the mention of beating may have the wisdom, ironically, to protect wives against what is called wife battering." ( http://www.islamicperspectives.com/Quran-4-34... )

As for me, I have researched this issue often. And I have NEVER seen even one Islamic scholar who advised "beating" one's wife. Now Queen Georgie boy why don't you show us one scholar who advovacates beating one's wife? The obvious answer is that you cannot find even one who advocates such non-sense and you ought to have enough sense to know this. You have posted the above non-sense only because you are a dishonest liar.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
As for me, I have researched this issue often. And I have NEVER seen even one Islamic scholar who advised "beating" one's wife ...
... because in non-islamic nations you could be arrested for following the precepts of the qu'ran in regards to "admonishing" your wives.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Queen Georgie, show us where a wife can beat her husband in Christianity or Judaism. As you can see above a wife can beat her husband in Islam and dio so legally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 10 min chazmo 362,874
MM: Uyghurs fighting side by side with ISIS 39 min Bombardier 5
UK Muslim Prioners force inmates to Convert 1 hr Une petite Francaise 2
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr JOEL 201,058
I am a Muslim girl in love with a Hindu boy (Apr '08) 1 hr Une petite Fracaise 1,073
Why Jews Are Worried 1 hr Une petite Fracaise 29
Sunnis Get Taste Of Own Medicine 1 hr La petite Fracaise 7
Journalist beheaded 7 hr jinxi 41
Muslims are civilized Human beings 7 hr bmz 161

Search the Islam Forum:
•••