CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly ...

CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006

There are 999 comments on the news.antiwar.com story from Jan 31, 2011, titled CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006. In it, news.antiwar.com reports that:

A new report from the Conflict Monitoring Centre has reported that 2,043 Pakistanis have been slain in CIA drone strikes in the past 5 years, with the vast majority of them innocent civilians.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.antiwar.com.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#748 Feb 17, 2013
EXChristian Now Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Abuse of power is a sin, and God does not like that.
Self defense is not.
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#749 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Abuse of power is a sin, and God does not like that.
Religion is an abuse of power! Monkey's thrive upon it! Become a rational Human Being, embrace atheism.

Marysville, CA

#750 Feb 17, 2013
Mohammedr51 wrote:
<quoted text>
and this is the answer to your fourth misconception.
4.Many Muslims have misunderstood Islam’s teachings regarding dogs, and this misunderstanding has led to the mistreatment of these animals. The Prophet said,“Purifying a container that a dog has licked (in order for human’s to use it) is done by washing it seven times, the first washing being with dirt.”2 However, according to some scholars, a dog’s fur is considered pure3. Nonetheless, Muslims are discouraged from keeping dogs inside their homes, as the Prophet has been reported as saying that angels do not enter into a house that has a dog4.
However, just because one does not keep a dog inside the home and doesn’t drink after it, that does not give one the right to neglect it, mistreat it, or kill it. The usefulness of this creature of God is indisputable. No other animal can compete with it in its loyalty to its caregiver, its abilities as a guard, and its talent for hunting. In fact, the Qur’an narrates in Surat Al-Kahf, or “The Cave,” the story of some pious youths who took refuge in a cave from the persecution and violence of the unbelievers. That these righteous people had a dog with them, and the fact that Allah mentions the dog and counts the dog among them, indicates that dogs are permitted to live among people.[And you would have thought them awake, whereas they were asleep. And We turned them on their right and on their left sides, and their dog stretching forth his two forelegs at the entrance (of the cave as a guard)](Al-Kahf 18:18).
So dogs may be used for guards as well as for hunting, as the Qur’an also states:[They ask you about what is lawful for them (as food); Say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in a manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah over it and fear Allah, for Allah is swift in reckoning](Al-Ma’idah 5:4).
In two separate hadiths narrated by Abu Hurayrah (the cat-loving Companion), the Prophet told his Companions of the virtue of saving the life of a dog by giving it water and quenching its thirst: one referred to was a man who was blessed by Allah for giving water to a thirsty dog. The other was a prostitute, who filled her shoe with water and gave it to a dog that was lolling its tongue in thirst. For this deed she was granted the ultimate reward: eternal Paradise.
Islam asks people to reflect upon this and be aware of each person’s duty toward God’s creatures, which He has put on earth for our use, not for our abuse. When the Prophet was asked if God rewarded acts of charity to the animals, he replied,“Yes, there is a reward for acts of charity to every beast alive.”
That's a nice defense, but it isn't the reality of most Islamic belief today. I know a young girl in college who recently became Muslim. She has a little dog she keeps that she has raised for birth. The people in her mosque are constantly pressuring her to get rid of the dog because it is supposely against the teachings of the quran.
Now, if that is wrong, according to you, why should we trust any Muslim interpretation of the quran? What you say and what is being practiced are two different things.
And if what you say is true, then the quran is wrong when it says it has been written to be easily understood. The dog issue alone is proof of that.

Marysville, CA

#751 Feb 17, 2013
Mohammedr51 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to keep in mind that the Quran provides a guideline on how Muslims SHOULD live, the majority of Muslims fail to live their life accordingly so there actions cannot be pinned on the religion of Islam
1. We believe in Jesus but not that he is the son of god or anything we believe he is a messenger and a prophet.
Then my statement is correct, the quran denies the divinity of Jesus Christ. That alone is enough for me to reject it as a word, or message of God.
2 and 3. Prior to the advent of Islam, women were widely regarded as non-entities in many societies around the world. Indeed, it has taken centuries for women to gain rights equal to those of men, at least in theory, if not in practice. But the struggle for complete gender equality has not ended.
Within this struggle, many fingers point to Islam as one of the biggest hurdles to women's rights. But, when we consult the Qur'an, this does not appear to be the case. Traditionally conservative customs embedded in society do not live up to the Qur'an's vision of dignity for women.
The Qur'an says: "O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward God in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bear you)" (Qur'an 4:1).
This verse clearly demonstrates that men and women in Islam are equal to each other both intrinsically – within the very act of creation – and extrinsically, with respect to both their relationship with one another and their duties before God. In fact, the singling out of women at the end of this verse for special reverence as de facto mothers is the only indication of relative inequality, albeit in favour of women.
So when are Muslims going to change their current views? Because I don't see any changes coming anytime soon. Yet the people who abusing women today in the name of Allah consider themselves as much true followers of the prophet as you do. Why aren't they getting the real message? The one you just stated? Why aren't the Muslims who have your point of view speaking out against those who are misusing or misunderstanding the quran? What is being done to these women is being done in the name of Islam.
In pre-Islamic Arabia, parents would often commit female infanticide because they considered the birth of a daughter an inauspicious omen for the family. The Qur'an condemned feelings of shame at the birth of a girl, and said of those who commit such acts: "He hideth himself from the folk because of the evil of that whereof he hath had tidings,(asking himself): Shall he keep it in contempt, or bury it beneath the dust. Verily evil is their judgment" (Qur'an 16:58-59).
Fourteen centuries after Islam's beginnings and the progress, development, education and enlightenment that followed, we still observe the stigma attached to having a daughter in certain parts of the world, like in much of South Asia, for example. In a society where men often support the entire family, the birth of a son is seen as greater cause for celebration.
You do understand that is in part due to Chinese law that forbids couples from having more than one child? I'm not agreeing with them, just pointing that out. I think that is as disgusting as honor killings and FGM.

To be continued...
EXChristian Now Muslim

Fort Worth, TX

#752 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Self defense is not.
No Muslim country ever attacked America. The sick-minded and sadist Anglo-American-Zionist terrorist gang need an enemy to torture and feel good inside.
America must change its mindset about Islam and Muslims.
The Jewish controlled Media in America is anti-Islam and promotes hate against the Muslims in America.

Bush, Blair, Rumsfield, Cheney must appear in the International Court in Hague and explain why they killed so many innocent Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just to settle a personal score with Saddam?????????
With such awe and shock?
Why did they kill so many innocent Iraqis and Afghans who did not even know who the hell is America.
They have made the whole region now Anti-America.
The brainless and stupid American Politicians cannot find peaceful ways to end conflicts and reduce terrorism in the world,
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#753 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Stop crying "Poor, poor, pitiful me." "Muslim" is not a race. It is a belief system. I don't what the color of the person is who is Muslim, try are fools for falling for such an evil belief system. So I'm not a racist. Jesus said to hate the sin, not the sinner. I hate Islam, which is the sin.
<quoted text>
The UN doesn't dictate policy in the US. It isn't our law. W3e have a right to defend ourselves against the animals that would destroy us. You don't like it, write to your Congressman. In war innocent people die. If the taliban hadn't protected Al Qeada, we wouldn't have gone over there. If Saddam hadn't been bragging about destroying us every night on the news, we wouldn't have gone there. But the truth is for all your agony over the innocent people killed in Iraq during the time we have been there, the truth is that less innocent people were killed during the same length of time when then when Saddam was in power. He was a mass murder. We saved lives by being there and putting him out of power. In Iraq and Afghanistan more innocent people were killed by the Muslims then by US troops. The US goes out of it's way to prevent innocent killings, Islamic extremist do not. They have no regard for innocent life. Yes, mistakes happen, as they do in all wars, but that is the nature of war isn't it?
<quoted text>
I have no fear whatsoever of the God of Islam, none. And bad weather happens to everyone from time to time. Was God punishing Indonesia when the tsunami killed a mostly Muslim population? If God had so much love for Muslims, and Muslims are his true follower, why isn't God stopping the US? Why does God allow us victory after victory every place we show up? Where is your God?
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if you accept defeat, you are being defeated. We'll both can wait and see.
<quoted text>
With the Islamic manics, you wouldn't even have been offered the $2,000.
<quoted text>
Protecting the US from animals like Ben Laden and the people who follow him is the number one job of the US government.
what self defense IS 10,000 KM away Iraq threatened any attacks On United States ... I think not ...

United States make represent itself a Foolish Tarnish Image by destroying a country with Million Innocent Lives ... for unfounded reasons at end ...

Marysville, CA

#754 Feb 17, 2013
5. the Qur'an is clear that there must be "no compulsion in religion." Yet Muslims are not pluralistic in their worldview - they consider their religion to the be the true religion and invite people of all races, nationalities and religions to be part of it.
I don't care(though I disagree) what is the reality today? Christians being killed, outlawed, raped, burned out of their homes and churches were ever there is a Muslim majority.
Why would anyone want or desire to join such evil? Group pressure seems to have more influnce that your holy book.

"The Jews and Christians say:'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say:'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)
"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)
"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)
"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

Marysville, CA

#755 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
No Muslim country ever attacked America. The sick-minded and sadist Anglo-American-Zionist terrorist gang need an enemy to torture and feel good inside.
America must change its mindset about Islam and Muslims.
The Jewish controlled Media in America is anti-Islam and promotes hate against the Muslims in America.
Bush, Blair, Rumsfield, Cheney must appear in the International Court in Hague and explain why they killed so many innocent Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just to settle a personal score with Saddam?????????
With such awe and shock?
Why did they kill so many innocent Iraqis and Afghans who did not even know who the hell is America.
They have made the whole region now Anti-America.
The brainless and stupid American Politicians cannot find peaceful ways to end conflicts and reduce terrorism in the world,
If the taliban hadn't shielded Ben Laden and his followers, we wouldn't have gone there.

Marysville, CA

#756 Feb 17, 2013
mICHEAL wrote:
<quoted text>what self defense IS 10,000 KM away Iraq threatened any attacks On United States ... I think not ...
United States make represent itself a Foolish Tarnish Image by destroying a country with Million Innocent Lives ... for unfounded reasons at end ...
How short is the memory of the ignorant. Saddam killed more Iraq's than my forces of the US.
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#757 Feb 17, 2013
Can u confirmed if he is dead in PAKISTAN in 2010 ...
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#758 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
How short is the memory of the ignorant. Saddam killed more Iraq's than my forces of the US.
How Many RED Indian's being chased away killed by The Occupants whom are probably forefathers of you ... My Question from u ... is Saddam Killed any American's or Attack United States or have u found any WMD (The Sole Reason for American Adventure there)...
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#759 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee hee. Well! I understand. You were weaned on LSD in the 60's, your posts reflect the fact. Was it Vietnam? Just another corporate American greed disaster! Have a nice day.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#760 Feb 17, 2013
PATUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
We distributed aid to Haiti because people would have died without it. Now, what was our "selfish" reasons in Malaysia? Your glass is always "half-full" of hatred and bigotry, right?
Thats coz u need their cheap labour, and Haiti I've already answered that, the confirmation was actually from the BBC NEWS, I doubt you ever watch the News as you red necks are so fuking thick as pig shit!

there is always an ulterior motive behind US policies and so called "giving nature", which it really isn't, what about when you idiots went into war with Irak, don't you remember how you black mailed 3rd world nations to support you other wise you would cut their Aid!

I'll repeat Haiti is next door to the US,it is common sense for you to give the biggest donation, because you didn't want an influx of refugees from Haiti to come to the US,other wise it would have cost your tax payers billions of US dollars to feed them! which is more than how much you gave to the Haitians in the 1st place.

Location hidden

#761 Feb 17, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are bitter and jealous because Americans and America are superior to you and the filthy rat-hole country you crawled out of, monkey.
Why should I be jealous i am actually quiet secure in my life un like you's lot who are blinded by their stupidity even when facts are presented!

Monkey's have far more intelligence than red neck neanderthals!
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#763 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats coz u need their cheap labour, and Haiti I've already answered that, the confirmation was actually from the BBC NEWS, I doubt you ever watch the News as you red necks are so fuking thick as pig shit!
there is always an ulterior motive behind US policies and so called "giving nature", which it really isn't, what about when you idiots went into war with Irak, don't you remember how you black mailed 3rd world nations to support you other wise you would cut their Aid!
I'll repeat Haiti is next door to the US,it is common sense for you to give the biggest donation, because you didn't want an influx of refugees from Haiti to come to the US,other wise it would have cost your tax payers billions of US dollars to feed them! which is more than how much you gave to the Haitians in the 1st place.
FACTS! Not opinions! Among'st the richest Countries on this planet. The USA, when it comes to AID is the most mean. When it comes to spending warmongering the USless have no competition.

BUT! The Facist military/Industrial complex must be fed. Thier primary EXPORT.

Location hidden

#766 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't shown us anything, queeran boy! All you have done is made up some imaginary businesses. LOL!!!
I think bro Mohammed proved that to you!

You red neck neanderthal!

Marysville, CA

#767 Feb 17, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee hee. Well! I understand. You were weaned on LSD in the 60's, your posts reflect the fact. Was it Vietnam? Just another corporate American greed disaster! Have a nice day.
"LDS" not "LSD". It stands for "Latter Day Saints." I was raised Mormon.

Marysville, CA

#768 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
I think bro Mohammed proved that to you!
You red neck neanderthal!
Really? Where? Because I don't think the queeran mentions you or any of your pretend businesses. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#769 Feb 17, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
FACTS! Not opinions! Among'st the richest Countries on this planet. The USA, when it comes to AID is the most mean. When it comes to spending warmongering the USless have no competition.
BUT! The Facist military/Industrial complex must be fed. Thier primary EXPORT.
You show your ignorance more, and more in every post.
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#770 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"LDS" not "LSD". It stands for "Latter Day Saints." I was raised Mormon.
Oooops silly me! Why did'nt I recognize a Moron?

Kindest regards from

Your Atheist friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 5 min Sam 18
News What is Ramadan? Why can't Muslims eat or drink? 20 min Adnan 2
The Clash between the West and Islam (Aug '10) 20 min Roy 10
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 34 min Mrs Sunny 515,686
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 35 min Roy 12,673
The Lake of Fire 39 min Smell the sulphur... 1
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... (Aug '16) 41 min tongangodz 462
Manchester massacre _ who cares? 3 hr LOL 35
More from around the web