CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006

Jan 31, 2011 Full story: news.antiwar.com 992

A new report from the Conflict Monitoring Centre has reported that 2,043 Pakistanis have been slain in CIA drone strikes in the past 5 years, with the vast majority of them innocent civilians.

Full Story
Virus

Chatham, UK

#722 Feb 17, 2013
There are a number of reasons why people dislike America, and even more interpretations for why this hatred exists. Many Americans believe it manifests because others are jealous of their freedom and wealth. If you’re not American then it's probably comments like this that make you dislike them! There is a certain arrogance that pervades much of American culture. It is fuelled by patriotism and maintained by a basic need for self-worth. Being American is an identity to cling on to; it is something to be proud of in a culture where self-worth typically depends on how often you are on television.

America takes globalised culture to its extreme, and as a result, it is furthest from the world our ancestors lived in [1]. Before television and the internet we lived in small communities where having a skill meant something. If you were the best hunter, farmer or shopkeeper then you were valued for your skill. To be valued in today’s world you have to compete with half the country, and when the majority of us fail to reach the pinnacle of success, the cream of the crop are blasted into our eyes and ears via The Apprentice, X Factor, Master Chef, University Challenge, The Oscars, The Grammies, or whatever celebrity magazine you happen to be reading. Is it any wonder that depression is on the rise? More than any other nation, Americans have a need for self-worth, and patriotism is a well-established means to this end. Patriotism will fuel an emotional retaliation against any national criticism, and this often leads to the kind of nonsensical jealousy argument mentioned earlier.
Virus

Chatham, UK

#723 Feb 17, 2013
Yet there is a problem with this explanation. Why do people who have never conversed with an American espouse the same hatred? Why do Muslims burn American flags? One might think it’s because they hate the Christian religion, but Muslims live quite happily alongside Jews and Christians in their own countries. A little known fact is Iran has the second highest population of Jews in the Middle East after Israel [2]. The answer lies in America’s global history of intervention and interference. People such as Saddam Hussein and Colonel Gaddafi were undoubtedly responsible for some atrocious acts, and many believe that regime change was rightly forced upon those countries. However, the US government's history of foreign interference goes well beyond this century, and well beyond controversial characters. In fact, America has toppled many publicly-supported democratic governments around the world, and this has traditionally been instigated through the exploits of the CIA. After WW2 the CIA committed acts of assassination and torture, and replaced democracies with dictatorships in countries all over the world for more than 30 years. The justification was often that the Soviets had influence over the country, but in many cases there was little or no evidence to back up this claim. Regardless, it is little comfort to the millions who died, or the millions who lived without the freedom that America treasures so much within its own borders.

Countries that suffered at the hands of the US government include Afghanistan, Angola, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Congo, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Laos, Nicaragua, Panama, Uruguay and Vietnam; and these are only the countries for which substantial public information is available. To view the details of these crimes, please watch the video linked below.
Virus

Chatham, UK

#724 Feb 17, 2013
An interesting inclusion is Iran. The Iranian revolution took place in 1979 to remove a dictator the US government had installed and supported for 25 years. This installation occurred after the CIA engineered the downfall of a democratic government in Iran. Before the revolution, the Iranian people suffered oppression, torture and death as a result of CIA interference in their country. In light of this historical evidence, one would expect Westerners to be a little more understanding of Iranian antagonism and mistrust, and yet, we continue to condemn them as irrational, intolerant and deceitful. History requires them to forgive us, not the other way around, and unless we realize this, the Iranians will probably never trust us again.

In summary, there are many reasons to dislike America. Unless the population understands the harm their leaders have inflicted on the world, the violent variety of dislike will continue. Unless the population understands that patriotism is not required to bolster their ego, the passive variety of dislike will continue. Foreigners are not blameless either. The actions of the US government are not the actions of its people, and we should do better not to generalise, especially as the government is eager to cover up its dark history. Furthermore, it is difficult for a child brought up in America to avoid patriotism when they are bombarded with US flags and pledges of allegiance from an early age. This cycle of indoctrination is difficult to stop, and difficult to blame on anyone alive today.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#725 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I own 6 and 5 restaurants and I can assure you I am alot younger than you!
So how many do you own?
better stick to your Terrorism of hate, obviously I've hit a nerve!
Is America the World’s Largest Sponsor of Terrorism
American Officials Admit that the U.S. Is a Huge Sponsor of Terrorism
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/is-ame...
Don't believe you. Anyone who had 6 and 5(which is it, 6 or 5? It can't be both) would have to much on their hands to be spending time here. And they certainly would know how many. I doubt you can even afford to eat at a restaurant. You need a enema, because you're full of sh*t. LOL!!!
Time to go stick your ass in the air for Allah, queeran boy.

Marysville, CA

#726 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
2ND one was correction of the 1st one, 2nd one I corrected so that Red Neck Neanderthals like you actually understand!
Is that what you do for a living, molesting your kids that's why some family must have adopted them correct?
Man!
Stick to your LSD coz your seriously Fuked!
52 years, how many years have you got till death?
I'd say all that LSD in your life since you was about 7 years old, I think you most probably have about 3- 8 years to live, so your fuked off at the world, so you have no respect for religion accept LSD in it?
YOUR RELIGION IS LSD MAN!
You're so retarded you can't even get 3 letters correct. It's "LDS" sperm breath, not "LSD." It stands for "Latter Day Saints"> I use to be Mormon, little monkey penis. We are beginning to see how Islam sucked you in, you're an idiot.

Marysville, CA

#727 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are a very lonely old man, wanting attention and that's the truth!
No, I will not go out with you! Stop begging!

Marysville, CA

#728 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
@ Dana Robertson
If you didn't have any thing to hide, why not show a show a profile picture of yours on your profile, have you turned in a Muslim that you are hiding behind a Hijab?
Or the real reason could be, that you are too ugly, like all your red neck Neanderthals in America and can not afford plastic surgery!
Actually you are doing the kind thing, you are ugly that you are going to crack my computer screen!
And how do we know that picture your using is a picture of you? Muslims in Britain look goat faced. That makes it easier for them to sneak up on the goats when they want a Saturday night booty call. If that is your picture, you look like a pole dancer at a gay bath house.

Marysville, CA

#729 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
America be proud very proud of what you created!
1953: U.S. overthrows Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq of Iran. U.S. installs Shah as dictator.
1954: U.S. overthrows democratically-elected President Arbenz of Guatemala. 200,000 civilians killed.
1963: U.S. backs assassination of South Vietnamese President Diem.
1963-1975: American military kills 4 million people in Southeast Asia.
September 11, 1973: U.S. stages coup in Chile. Democratically-elected President Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 5,000 Chileans murdered.
1977: U.S. backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and four American nuns killed.
1980s: U.S. trains Osama bin Laden and fellow terrorists to kill Soviets. CIA gives them $3 billion.
1981: Reagan administration trains and funds "contras." 30,000 Nicaraguans die.
1982: U.S. provides billions of dollars in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.
1983: The White House secretly gives Iran weapons to kill Iraqis.
1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington. U.S. invades Panama and removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamanian civilian casualties.
1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from U.S.
1991: U.S. enters Iraq. Bush reinstates dictator of Kuwait.
1998: Clinton bombs "weapons factory" in Sudan. Factory turns out to be making aspirin.
1991 to present: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. U.N. estimates 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.
2000-2001: U.S. gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan $245 million in "aid."
Sept. 11, 2001: Osama bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 people.
YOU PEOPLE HAVE CREATED THE MIRROR IMAGES OF YOURSELVES!
for 52 year Neanderthal I thought might Know what you PRICKS have created around the world!
Yet even Muslims can't get here fast enough and leave the sh*tholes you think are Muslim paradises that are third world nations, at best. You never see people trying to get into muslim countries. LOL!!!
GO USA!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#730 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe you. Anyone who had 6 and 5(which is it, 6 or 5? It can't be both) would have to much on their hands to be spending time here. And they certainly would know how many. I doubt you can even afford to eat at a restaurant. You need a enema, because you're full of sh*t. LOL!!!
Time to go stick your ass in the air for Allah, queeran boy.
YOU AMERICAN'S ARE THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT ARTIST THAT I KNOW OF, IT UP TO YOU IF YOU DON'T TO BELIEVE ME NO SKIN OFF MY BACK, and for your information a also have a few projects that I have invested in Bangladesh too.

Its OK I am not an American like you who is insecure about showing off my properties!

Its called hard work and ethics hence early retirement!

I'll give you about 3- 8 years before you start to believe in a Faith, it seems to happen when people think they are in their death beds.

Marysville, CA

#732 Feb 17, 2013
Virus wrote:
Top 10 Excuses People Use To Hate America
http://listverse.com/2009/05/13/top-10-excuse...
It is a very easy thing to hate the United States of America right now. But why? We stormed the beaches at Normandy, saved Europe from economic ruin with the Marshall plan (thanks for paying off the loan, Norway. Anybody else? Anybody? Bueller?), invented the Internet, uprooted tyrants, and give foreign aid away like it was candy. We want to be the good guys and thought we were. Yet we just can’t seem to get any love these days. How’d we get here? Well…[JFrater: as the representative of Listverse, I would like to say that we don't hate America - in fact, I had one of my greatest holidays there. This list will no doubt cause a storm - be calm and debate nicely!]
I've always loved Britain, but it also has gone downhill since allowing cheap labor Muslims to come in and live off your welfare putting a great burden on the people who actually work there. You have a Frankenstein in your mist.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#734 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>

I'll give you about 3- 8 years before you start to believe in a Faith
You are bitter and jealous because Americans and America are superior to you and the filthy rat-hole country you crawled out of, monkey.

Marysville, CA

#737 Feb 17, 2013
Leonard wrote:
21 Reasons Why the World Hates America
This is a list of reasons why America is disliked in the world. I'm not trying to be overly political; I'm just making a point. That said, don't over react or start a flame war. And to those that think I'm singling out the U.S., just look at the title. If I put whats wrong with the world and then talk about the U.S. then your argument would justfied.
21 Reasons Why the World Hates America
1.We’re a big country.
2.We eat too much food and are the fattest country in the world.
3.We pollute the world.
4.We drive the biggest cars (which pollute).
5.Our society is torn between conservatism and liberalism, with people refusing to change society even though it needs to in order to keep up with the world.
6.We guzzle oil.
7.We prop up dictatorships that do things that go against American morals.
8.Our government does things that go against American morals.
9.We’re a snotty, rude, and stuck up society that thinks we’re better than everyone else.
10.We have foreign policy that still thinks that we are in the Cold War
11.We act like we are still a superpower.
12.We tell other countries what to do, using our military to back it.
13.We put restrictions on things, such as weed and the drinking limit, which drives people to break those laws. We then refuse to change these restrictions, even though it would lower crime.
14.We are a crime ridden society, with some of the worst violence and breaking of laws in any developed country.
15.Things that seem natural, such as love and sex, are made taboo subjects by idiotic parents.
16.When something bad happens, Americans overreact to the extreme, making something that was a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 look like a 20.
17.Many people are racist and stereotype people.
18.We claim to be and open a welcoming country, where in reality, we routinely deport people and make society hostile to newcomers.
19.We are a Christian majority country (a reason the Muslim world hates us)
20.We support Israel and attack terrorist groups (ditto)
21.We elected George W. Bush and his administration.‘Nuff said.
The less haves are always jealous of those who have more. And the truth is, we don't live to please anyone but ourselves. No matter what you do, you can't please everyone. Many of the people who claim to hate us don't hate us enough to not keep sticking their hands out for our money or resources when disaster hits them. Our self esteem or self worth isn't based on how happy people are with us.

Marysville, CA

#738 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU AMERICAN'S ARE THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT ARTIST THAT I KNOW OF, IT UP TO YOU IF YOU DON'T TO BELIEVE ME NO SKIN OFF MY BACK, and for your information a also have a few projects that I have invested in Bangladesh too.
Its OK I am not an American like you who is insecure about showing off my properties!
Its called hard work and ethics hence early retirement!
I'll give you about 3- 8 years before you start to believe in a Faith, it seems to happen when people think they are in their death beds.
You haven't shown us anything, queeran boy! All you have done is made up some imaginary businesses. LOL!!!
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#739 Feb 17, 2013
Salaamz! The Drones are now flying over your neighborhoods. Looks like "Big-Brother" cant wait to invade our right to privacy. But there,s hope! they,re easily taken out with a good old fashion'D shotgun!(especially if they,re over MY air space),Just like Duck hunting! LOL! Now here,s a tip for those of you in sensitive areas where noise-ordinance is enforced.A) paint ball rifles & B) Wrist-rockets with #9 shot...Both are silent which gives you the upper edge. LOL! Cheerz & happy hunting.
PATUSA

San Antonio, TX

#740 Feb 17, 2013
The Bengal Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
You was the biggest distributor of AID to the Haitian crisis any reason why?
REASON Haiti is next door to the USA! you wanted to keep the Haitian people inside Haiti, you didn't want an influx of Haitian Refugee's coming into your land which would have costed the USA billions alot more than the AID they had sent to Haiti.
again this is for your selfish reason's not selfless reason's.
you have warships in every country what is your point?
We distributed aid to Haiti because people would have died without it. Now, what was our "selfish" reasons in Malaysia? Your glass is always "half-full" of hatred and bigotry, right?
EXChristian Now Muslim

Red Oak, TX

#741 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so retarded you can't even get 3 letters correct. It's "LDS" sperm breath, not "LSD." It stands for "Latter Day Saints"> I use to be Mormon, little monkey penis. We are beginning to see how Islam sucked you in, you're an idiot.
Stop being a white racist Anti-Muslim hatemonger.

Drone bombing is illegal and violates the UN Charter. Too many innocent people have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The world knows, and even the UD asmits that the killings in Iraq were based on poor intelligence of WOMDs.

God will send floods, droughts, gun-violence, earthquakes, joblessness, AIDS virus, hurricanes and tornadoes to keep you busy also. Heartless and hate-filled people like you with no human compassion are ruled by an evil spirit and would burn in Hellfire.
That day you will understand who you were.

Drone bombings is killing a lot of innocent people and it is against the UN Charter. Pre-Emptive starikes are also illegal according to the UN.

Muslims have never accepted defeat from any power on Planet Earth. Remember that and see how God will help them. Just wait and see.

I have heard a wedding reception of 200 people was mistakenly Drone bombed in Pakistan a few years ago, and when the American authorities came to see how the bride and bridegroom, little children, older people and the guests were blown to pueces and lying in blood, the Americans said they will give $2000. to the families of the victims. Upon whch they were told by those people to take $2000 for all the 911 victims, 2000 x 2000 and get the fuck out of that area.

America may go ahead and bomb that area if it wishes, and it makes them happy. But please remember that God will do he Justice.
911 was not planned by the innocent Muslims. They should find out who plotted 911. Who were really behind the 911 horrifice events.

Learn to negotiate with the people of Afghanistan, apologize and just get out of there. Stop killing innocent people. Stop acting as the Policeman of the world. Play a positive role in the world.

Since: Jan 13

Bristol, UK

#742 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It denies the divinity of Christ.
2. The advocates beating women.
3. It teaches that women are of less value than men.
4. It teaches hatred for dogs.
5. It teaches hatred for Jews.
You have to keep in mind that the Quran provides a guideline on how Muslims SHOULD live, the majority of Muslims fail to live their life accordingly so there actions cannot be pinned on the religion of Islam
1. We believe in Jesus but not that he is the son of god or anything we believe he is a messenger and a prophet.
2 and 3. Prior to the advent of Islam, women were widely regarded as non-entities in many societies around the world. Indeed, it has taken centuries for women to gain rights equal to those of men, at least in theory, if not in practice. But the struggle for complete gender equality has not ended.

Within this struggle, many fingers point to Islam as one of the biggest hurdles to women's rights. But, when we consult the Qur'an, this does not appear to be the case. Traditionally conservative customs embedded in society do not live up to the Qur'an's vision of dignity for women.

The Qur'an says: "O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward God in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bear you)" (Qur'an 4:1).

This verse clearly demonstrates that men and women in Islam are equal to each other both intrinsically – within the very act of creation – and extrinsically, with respect to both their relationship with one another and their duties before God. In fact, the singling out of women at the end of this verse for special reverence as de facto mothers is the only indication of relative inequality, albeit in favour of women.

In pre-Islamic Arabia, parents would often commit female infanticide because they considered the birth of a daughter an inauspicious omen for the family. The Qur'an condemned feelings of shame at the birth of a girl, and said of those who commit such acts: "He hideth himself from the folk because of the evil of that whereof he hath had tidings,(asking himself): Shall he keep it in contempt, or bury it beneath the dust. Verily evil is their judgment" (Qur'an 16:58-59).

Fourteen centuries after Islam's beginnings and the progress, development, education and enlightenment that followed, we still observe the stigma attached to having a daughter in certain parts of the world, like in much of South Asia, for example. In a society where men often support the entire family, the birth of a son is seen as greater cause for celebration.

Though the empowerment of women, resulting from better education and employment, is changing societal structures, we must do more to honour the gender equality expounded by the Qur'an. Forced marriages, "honour" killings, and women's confinement to the home by culture, tradition and societal norms have no endorsement from Islam.

5. the Qur'an is clear that there must be "no compulsion in religion." Yet Muslims are not pluralistic in their worldview - they consider their religion to the be the true religion and invite people of all races, nationalities and religions to be part of it.

As you may have noticed I have skipped 4 this is because I have ran out of words look at my next post for the answer to 4.

Since: Jan 13

Bristol, UK

#743 Feb 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It denies the divinity of Christ.
2. The advocates beating women.
3. It teaches that women are of less value than men.
4. It teaches hatred for dogs.
5. It teaches hatred for Jews.
and this is the answer to your fourth misconception.
4.Many Muslims have misunderstood Islam’s teachings regarding dogs, and this misunderstanding has led to the mistreatment of these animals. The Prophet said,“Purifying a container that a dog has licked (in order for human’s to use it) is done by washing it seven times, the first washing being with dirt.”2 However, according to some scholars, a dog’s fur is considered pure3. Nonetheless, Muslims are discouraged from keeping dogs inside their homes, as the Prophet has been reported as saying that angels do not enter into a house that has a dog4.

However, just because one does not keep a dog inside the home and doesn’t drink after it, that does not give one the right to neglect it, mistreat it, or kill it. The usefulness of this creature of God is indisputable. No other animal can compete with it in its loyalty to its caregiver, its abilities as a guard, and its talent for hunting. In fact, the Qur’an narrates in Surat Al-Kahf, or “The Cave,” the story of some pious youths who took refuge in a cave from the persecution and violence of the unbelievers. That these righteous people had a dog with them, and the fact that Allah mentions the dog and counts the dog among them, indicates that dogs are permitted to live among people.[And you would have thought them awake, whereas they were asleep. And We turned them on their right and on their left sides, and their dog stretching forth his two forelegs at the entrance (of the cave as a guard)](Al-Kahf 18:18).

So dogs may be used for guards as well as for hunting, as the Qur’an also states:[They ask you about what is lawful for them (as food); Say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in a manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah over it and fear Allah, for Allah is swift in reckoning](Al-Ma’idah 5:4).

In two separate hadiths narrated by Abu Hurayrah (the cat-loving Companion), the Prophet told his Companions of the virtue of saving the life of a dog by giving it water and quenching its thirst: one referred to was a man who was blessed by Allah for giving water to a thirsty dog. The other was a prostitute, who filled her shoe with water and gave it to a dog that was lolling its tongue in thirst. For this deed she was granted the ultimate reward: eternal Paradise.

Islam asks people to reflect upon this and be aware of each person’s duty toward God’s creatures, which He has put on earth for our use, not for our abuse. When the Prophet was asked if God rewarded acts of charity to the animals, he replied,“Yes, there is a reward for acts of charity to every beast alive.”
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#745 Feb 17, 2013
Its called abuse of {Power} Nothing Else
EXChristian Now Muslim

Red Oak, TX

#746 Feb 17, 2013
mICHEAL wrote:
Its called abuse of {Power} Nothing Else
Abuse of power is a sin, and God does not like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 18 min MUQ2 209,453
Gingrich: U.S. 'losing the war' with radical Islam 1 hr serfs up 95
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Sheilaa 403,202
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr Osho 53,619
Building the world's tallest minaret 2 hr Old Pom 3
The passing of king of Saudi Arabia ushers in n... 2 hr Just a guy 1
We will transform America into a muslim province. 2 hr Einstein Nukes 7
I'm muslim. I'm having doubts about Islam 2 hr bmz 391
Islam is the FUTURE! (Sep '08) 9 hr Khan 121
More from around the web