Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for open interfaith dia...

Friday September 29, 2006 JEDDAH: Eminent scholar of comparative religion Dr. Zakir Naik has invited Pope Benedict XVI for an open inter-faith dialogue. Full Story

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#15760 Jan 24, 2013
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
How about, oh, say, Israel? Oh wait, the first crusade was actually because of the Seljuk Turks (who did not speak Arabic) invading.
<quoted text>
Really? So the Egyptians were talking Arab before the Arab invasion? Oddly then that they didn't make Arab the official language until many, many, many centuries later!
And I think the people originally living in Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Tunesia also will beg to differ with that claim.
<quoted text>
You mean the Arabs slowly minimized the population that didn't speak Arabic and/or wasn't muslim. For three centuries the native population has on frequent occasions fought the Arab invaders. The islamization was at least in part caused by the fact that being non-muslim made you a second-class citizen who was repressed. Becoming muslim made life a lot easier.
And funnily enough, Egypt also the prime example of how your first claim was false: the original Egyptian language was much, much different from Arabic.
<quoted text>
You are asking *me* to read up on history, and then refer to India?
That "peacefully" living side by side is presently only seen in Hindu-controlled India (non-muslims are for the most part second-class citizens in Bangladesh and especially Pakistan), and the muslim rulers by and large hardly ever controlled most of India, but only subparts. Some rulers were OK, others performed mass murder of non-muslims. Some estimate tens of millions slaughtered by your fellow religious zealots.
Funny enough, the one group that DID rule most of India (including Pakistan and Bangladesh) was the Mughal Empire, invaders (oh! Gasp!) from Mongolian descent. Odd how you complain about invasions, and then *laud* invasions!
<quoted text>
Ah yes, revenge for the crusades! Now, where the crusades then not revenge for the Turkish hordes invading the Middle East and Turkey?
It's interesting how you ignored the rule of the Ottomans (not Arabic speaking) over most of the Middle East, and complain about others. But I know, those others were non-muslims, and thus evil...
<quoted text>
Ottoman Hungary had less than a million inhabitants. Think about that.
Marco ~ Greetings, long time no see :)

#15761 Jan 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Be Upon All the Prophets ~ and let us all clean up our ACTs?
The avatar image I had before was one taken by my daughter New Year's Eve and I replaced the previous one for it.

This one was taken about 15 years ago, and I am with my Mother. I was talking to my Mum on June 9th, 2013, and holding her hands, and saying our hands are so much alike. I am like my Father, and always have been, but I really saw her hands that day, for the first time.

We were in the emergency room at the hospital, and my Mum's blood pressure had shot sky high and I found out that she had had a heart attack a few days prior to going to the hospital.

The surgeon knelt on the floor by the bed, and talked to us of the surgery Mum was having the next morning, and I knew I would stay with her until she went to theater, in the emergency ward, because she was too critical to move into a ward bed.

At 10pm that night, my Mum pulled herself up the bed, with both arms, and it must have ruptured her 84.5 year old heart, because she took her last breath and by the time I held up her head, and within that last breath, she died in my arms.

Thank you for the reminder to be on my best display, it is, in Deed, what GOD would want :)

#15762 Jan 24, 2013
Oh, meant to add that I found this photo, and noticed how our hands are held together, holding a camera (probably mine as it would have been my Step Father taking the photo) in a heart shape? Bound together by our Hands and our Hearts :)

But, not only that, when I looked at this photo of the two of us, I knew I was exactly like my Mother!!
Muhammad

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#15763 Apr 23, 2013
The pope is a scared little prick who knows he will stand no chance to mr. dr. Zakir Naik.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#15764 Jun 20, 2013
Revisiting the part of Pope's lecture:

In the seventh conversation (controversy) edited by Professor Khoury, the emperor touches on the theme of the holy war. The emperor must have known that surah 2:256 reads: "There is no compulsion in religion". According to some of the experts, this is probably one of the suras of the early period, when Mohammed was still powerless and under threat. But naturally the emperor also knew the instructions, developed later and recorded in the Qur'an, concerning holy war. Without descending to details, such as the difference in treatment accorded to those who have the "Book" and the "infidels", he addresses his interlocutor with a startling brusqueness, a brusqueness that we find unacceptable, on the central question about the relationship between religion and violence in general, saying: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached. The emperor, after having expressed himself so forcefully, goes on to explain in detail the reasons why spreading the faith through violence is something unreasonable. Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul. "God", he says, "is not pleased by blood - and not acting reasonably (&#963;&#8058;&#95 7; &#955;&#972;&#947; &#969;) is contrary to God's nature. Faith is born of the soul, not the body. Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and to reason properly, without violence and threats... To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm, or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with death...".

The decisive statement in this argument against violent conversion is this: not to act in accordance with reason is contrary to God's nature. The editor, Theodore Khoury, observes: For the emperor, as a Byzantine shaped by Greek philosophy, this statement is self-evident. But for Muslim teaching, God is absolutely transcendent. His will is not bound up with any of our categories, even that of rationality. Here Khoury quotes a work of the noted French Islamist R. Arnaldez, who points out that Ibn Hazm went so far as to state that God is not bound even by his own word, and that nothing would oblige him to reveal the truth to us. Were it God's will, we would even have to practise idolatry.

www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/speec...

Concord, CA

#15765 Jun 20, 2013
"But for Muslim teaching, God is absolutely transcendent. His will is not bound up with any of our categories, even that of rationality. Here Khoury quotes a work of the noted French Islamist R. Arnaldez, who points out that Ibn Hazm went so far as to state that God is not bound even by his own word, and that nothing would oblige him to reveal the truth to us. Were it God's will, we would even have to practise idolatry."

"Were it God's will, we would even have to practise idolatry"

- see the mindset? What about "murder" instead of mere idolatry?
J s Okay

Mesquite, NV

#15766 Jun 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
I'm a filthy pedofail.
I thought I'd better come out of the closet.
Nice resurrection of a dead thread, Tom.

Concord, CA

#15767 Jun 20, 2013
Zussie wrote:
i said it! I sometimes am a little scared to "come out of the closet".
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T9V...
Ayreshire

Atlanta, GA

#15768 Jun 20, 2013
I hope you realize that changing his posts puts you on a par with tom.
I wouldn't have expected this from you.

Concord, CA

#15769 Jun 20, 2013
Ayreshire wrote:
whose post? who did I reply to?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#15770 Jun 20, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
And last, regarding terrorism here that for all of you: www.youtube.com/watch...
Part 2: http://www. youtube.com/watch...
Bull-shit!
Muslims are blind to their murdering innocent people in the world.
How can Muslims have truth when their own god Allah boast of being a deceiver and a liar?
The truth is: "There is no truth in Muhammad's jinn devil religion worship of the pagan moon god Allah."

The Pope needs to wise up and tell the Muslims to stop murdering Christians.

Martinez, CA

#15771 Jun 20, 2013
Ayreshire wrote:
Again, whose post did I change and how did you know it :)

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#15772 Jun 20, 2013
Ayreshire wrote:
He quoted Zusie perfectly.

What are you talking about?

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#15773 Jun 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, whose post did I change and how did you know it :)
That's our resident troll...imo.

Concord, CA

#15774 Jun 21, 2013
Trisha wrote:
That's our resident troll...imo.
looks like Zussie goofed again...

Concord, CA

#15775 Jun 21, 2013
Ayreshire wrote:
is "on a par with tom" a good or bad thing, Zussie?
Invisible

Saint Louis, MO

#15776 Jun 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are blind to their murdering innocent people in the world.
How can Muslims have truth when their own god Allah boast of being a deceiver and a liar?
The truth is: "There is no truth in Muhammad's jinn devil religion worship of the pagan moon god Allah."
The Pope needs to wise up and tell the Muslims to stop murdering Christians.
Noetics
What exactly you mean by murder? Death?
The beam in the Western eyes need be removed first to see better the splinter in the Muslim eyes. In the uS alone over 50 million innocent babies have been butchered in their supposedly safest havens- the wombs. Sacrificing innocent lives at the modern Moloch's altars of convenience and expediency is not murder?

The Bible declares that the Sentence of Death is imprinted in the genes of all living matter. That is the Judgment of the Supreme Judge who only can annul that. He did cancel it to those who accept the cancellation by takling that Sentence upon Himself by becoming a human zygote in a virgin womb, grwo as an ordinary human under the snetence of death and voluntarily got crucified and got risen back to Eternity. The Bible's logic is very clear here, the Second Person of the Triune God of the triune universe with the triune humans(of spirit, soul and body)did take the form of a man- the Man Messiah Jesus.
Best regards
Noetics
IDPF

New Delhi, India

#15777 Jul 1, 2013
Dear Human Being,
Greeting of the day.

I would like to tell you that humanity is greater than any religion so do one thing try to make brotherhood of humanity. But thing without religion there is no brotherhood. If there is no religion who will teach you the lesson of brotherhood? So don't say any religion is bed or wrong. Human is wrong religion is not wrong. Love each other and bring the peace in the world. Join hand with us and with our Organization for bring the peace in the world.
Wakil Wasti

New Delhi, India

#15778 Jul 1, 2013
Dear Brother and Sister,
Allah bless you a lot.

I am not going to teach any thing but I would like to tell you that try to be a good human being peace will come in the world ones one. If someone will be religious deeply then he can't hurt any other human being because no religious book said to kill or harm another human being or followers of other religion. I love human being and give less to all that you also must love another human being. God Bless you all.

Wakil Wasti
Secretary General
International Dynamic Peace Foundation
New Delhi
India

#15779 Jul 6, 2013
IDPF wrote:
Dear Human Being,
Greeting of the day.
I would like to tell you that humanity is greater than any religion so do one thing try to make brotherhood of humanity. But thing without religion there is no brotherhood. If there is no religion who will teach you the lesson of brotherhood? So don't say any religion is bed or wrong. Human is wrong religion is not wrong. Love each other and bring the peace in the world. Join hand with us and with our Organization for bring the peace in the world.
Nice.... take away religion and bring in GOD :) And of course, JESUS and the Prophets (PBUT) and the Angels in force so that we can live in peace, as we should!! And as our children should :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min chazmos fekkin iP... 391,696
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 12 min Devils Advocate 52,622
UKIP's Nigel Farage on Muslim Anti-Semitism 14 min Come on _ seriously 3
Muslims need be COMMENDED for their EXTREME pat... 25 min Come on _ seriously 1
Christians: Missing Bible verses 1 hr PeteWaldo 12
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Dragnet52 207,369
Dutch far-right populist Wilders to be tried fo... 1 hr UKIP _ ICRAPON 47
How to to end Islam? Ideas please 2 hr Undertaker A9 278
We Muslims are Superior! 3 hr Homer 46
More from around the web