Islam is the only accepted religion i...
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#6142 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference between allies and friends, and you yourself previously agreed that America will always protect Israel and that's why they considered Saddam hussein dangerous although he was fighting their enemy (Iran).
Well, he was officially deemed dangerous to the Middle East after he invaded Kuwaiit and massed his troops on the border of Saudi Arabia. But obviously Iran would feel much different That kind of money in Saddam's hands makes him the undisputed King of the Middle East (discounting Israel as they have nothing to do with it). Do you think it was a good idea to let Saddam essentially control the Middle East?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#6143 May 18, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
So what was stopping them for the hundreds of years it was practised beforehand?
How is the presents of American troops stopping them?
But Afghanistan haven't applied Sharia law for hundreds of years, not to mention that you should apply sharia properly, Hence I believe that Islam is a perfect system but that doesn't mean people don't make mistakes so the process of implementing sharia should also be done perfectly.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#6144 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
But Afghanistan haven't applied Sharia law for hundreds of years, not to mention that you should apply sharia properly, Hence I believe that Islam is a perfect system but that doesn't mean people don't make mistakes so the process of implementing sharia should also be done perfectly.
So if someone accidentally gets convicted of stealing and they find out later that he was innocent, can he get his hand back?

Location hidden

#6145 May 18, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he was officially deemed dangerous to the Middle East after he invaded Kuwaiit and massed his troops on the border of Saudi Arabia. But obviously Iran would feel much different That kind of money in Saddam's hands makes him the undisputed King of the Middle East (discounting Israel as they have nothing to do with it). Do you think it was a good idea to let Saddam essentially control the Middle East?
you may find that absurd, I believe that Israel created Iran and made sure to Widen the gap and between Shiites and Sunnis.

Regarding Saddam I think that he made lots of mistakes during his life but it was clear to all that he actually changed in the last years of his live (may he rest in peace).
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6146 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched that video showing Boko Haram spokesperson but he never said that he is going to sell those girls in the slave markets...!!!! please don't tell me you actually believe that there are still slave markets in Nigeria..!!!
he only said that he is going to sett hose girls free once the government set his followers free, of course I am not defending Boko Haram but lets at least be fair and stop spreading lies.
I am not telling lies. You must be living in a country where your news is being falsified! I heard the spokesperson for Boko Haram state that the girls had been liberated by being converted to Islam but they would be sold on the slave markets. Clearly there are slave markets in Nigeria. The latest demands were for his henchmen terrorists to be traded for the girls. So, you think that it is alright for Boko Haram representing Islam to kidnap children and hold them to ransom but that is different from slavery.

You live in the Jordon a relatively better country than most Muslim Lands but you are still well brainwashed to deny the truth of Islam and its followers.

Location hidden

#6147 May 18, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone accidentally gets convicted of stealing and they find out later that he was innocent, can he get his hand back?
It is almost impossible to cut an innocent's hand because he should confess twice. or there should be 2 pious and trustworthy eyewitnesses who saw the accused stealing.

Because cutting off the hand is a serious matter, it should not be done for just any case of theft. A combination of conditions must be fulfilled before the hand of a thief is cut off. These conditions are as follows:

1- The thing should have been taken by stealth; if it was not taken by stealth, then the hand should not be cut off, such as when property has been seized by force in front of other people, because in this case the owner of the property could have asked for help to stop the thief.

2- The stolen property should be something of worth, because that which is of no worth has no sanctity, such as musical instruments, wine and pigs.

2- The value of the stolen property should be above a certain limit, which is three Islamic Dirhams or a quarter of an Islamic Dinar, or their equivalent in other currencies.

3- The stolen property should have been taken from a place where it had been put away, i.e., a place where people usually put their property, such as a cupboard, for example.

4- The theft itself has to be proven, either by the testimony of two qualified witnesses or by the confession of the thief twice.

5- The person from whom the property was stolen has to ask for it back; if he does not, then (the thief’s) hand does not have to be cut off.

If these conditions are fulfilled, then the hand must be cut off. If this ruling was applied in the societies which are content with man-made laws and which have cast aside the Sharee’ah of Allaah and replaced it with human laws, this would be the most beneficial treatment for this phenomenon.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php...

Location hidden

#6148 May 18, 2014
Warner wrote:
<quoted text>I am not telling lies. You must be living in a country where your news is being falsified! I heard the spokesperson for Boko Haram state that the girls had been liberated by being converted to Islam but they would be sold on the slave markets. Clearly there are slave markets in Nigeria. The latest demands were for his henchmen terrorists to be traded for the girls. So, you think that it is alright for Boko Haram representing Islam to kidnap children and hold them to ransom but that is different from slavery.
You live in the Jordon a relatively better country than most Muslim Lands but you are still well brainwashed to deny the truth of Islam and its followers.
Did you actually hear the spokesperson for Boko haram saying that he is going to sell those Christians girls in the slave markets??? are you sure you weren't Hallucinating??

don't worry about my country because they will do anything to distort the message of Islam...!!!

Since: Jan 08

Redwood City, CA

#6149 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
everybody knows that 9/11 was an inside job, besides why didn't the U.S government provide evidences to Taliban that Osama bin Laden was actually behind any of the attacks, not to mention that Usama was wanted long before the twin towers attacks. he was also accused of numerous other mass-casualty attacks against military targets.
Every loonie knows it was an inside job. That conspiracy theory has been completely blown out of the water, continually, in the last 10 years. Bin Laden himslef said they did it.

Now you are standing up for terrorists?

I had better hopes for you when we first started on this forum.

You have lost ALL credibility.

Since: Jan 08

Redwood City, CA

#6150 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon had 700 hundred wives and 300 hundred concubines, can you imagine that??
Scriptural records say that the Lord did command some of his ancient saints and prophets to practice plural marriage. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and others, you have to understand that Islam Didn’t Invent Polygamy in fact Islam only made polygamy more humane, by giving equal rights for all wives. not to mention that Muslim women are not forced to accept this and may put a condition against it in their marriage contract.
Hey! Remember, I'm an atheist.

So Solomon was equally repugnant.

I'm sure that every Muslim woman in a plural marriage aren't forced into it.

Please.

Location hidden

#6151 May 18, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not follow a church. So there's goes your diversion right out the window.
what do you mean by I do not follow a church?? which christian domination do you belong to??

Location hidden

#6152 May 18, 2014
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Every loonie knows it was an inside job. That conspiracy theory has been completely blown out of the water, continually, in the last 10 years. Bin Laden himslef said they did it.
Now you are standing up for terrorists?
I had better hopes for you when we first started on this forum.
You have lost ALL credibility.
Actually Muslims rarely claim that 9/11 was an inside job but I was shocked when I found out that lots of Americans believe that it was an inside job.

some even believe that Osama was a CIA agent..!!

Location hidden

#6153 May 18, 2014
PUBH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, God supposedly did not approve of his behavior and punished him,.
And what exactly was his punishment??!

Location hidden

#6154 May 18, 2014
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Remember, I'm an atheist.
So Solomon was equally repugnant.
I'm sure that every Muslim woman in a plural marriage aren't forced into it.
Please.
I actually believe that every woman has the right to be with a man, start a family and have children but unfortunately at least 30 million woman in your country will never get husbands, I think we have been there and I told you over and over that polygamy may actually be a solution to a major problem your society is facing.

take a look at this link, Should polygamy be legalized in the United States? 79% said yes
http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-polygam...

couple a weeks before only 50% said yes, I think people started to think outside the box.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6155 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually believe that every woman has the right to be with a man, start a family and have children but unfortunately at least 30 million woman in your country will never get husbands, I think we have been there and I told you over and over that polygamy may actually be a solution to a major problem your society is facing.
take a look at this link, Should polygamy be legalized in the United States? 79% said yes
http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-polygam...
couple a weeks before only 50% said yes, I think people started to think outside the box.
Actually more boys are born than girls but girls live longer which is why there are more women than men.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6156 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually hear the spokesperson for Boko haram saying that he is going to sell those Christians girls in the slave markets??? are you sure you weren't Hallucinating??
don't worry about my country because they will do anything to distort the message of Islam...!!!
Yes l actually saw the human flotsam standing in the open saying that they Boko Haram had kidnapped the girls and liberated them by converting them to Islam and they would be sold in slave markets as Allah says that is what should be done.

Later on he said that some of the girls could be exchanged for their people who have been put in prison. The media people then said that the girls to be exchanged could be girls who refused to convert to Islam. Some of the parents were shown the video footage to see if they could identify their daughters but they could not, although they recognized some of the other girls. Also the parents said that Boko Haram would lie about exchanging the girls and would get their men free then refuse to return the girls.

So, it would seem that the girls converting to Islam does mean that they go free and these new converts are to be used as slaves. So Boko meant that Islam had liberated them by making them Muslims. Truly hideous and evil.

Some educated Muslim journalists have flown out to Nigeria but l don't know what good they doing, it remains to be seen.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6157 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:3-9 speaks about divorce. Jesus Christ shows that God never wanted man (or woman) to divorce. The same is true with polygamy. God does NOT want a man to have more than one wife. Jesus said that “a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Jesus spoke of one man and one woman marrying. He said that marriage is made up of one man and one woman. The two make one flesh. When a man has more than one wife he is sinning. God hates sin. In 1 Timothy 3:2 we are told that an elder MUST be the husband of ONE WIFE. Why not two or more? If it is a good practice, then why should not a church leader be a polygamist? The reason is that God does NOT want that kind of a marriage. Those who practice polygamy are sinning in God’s eyes. They cannot be church leaders nor church members. Let us notice some problems with polygamy in the Bible. First, it causes strife and jealousy. We see it in the lives of those who practice it today. Joseph was sold into Egyptian slavery by his brothers because of jealousy from a polygamist marriage. Second, no man can be a proper husband by being a polygamist. Third, he can’t be a proper father as God intended. If a man has many children how can he be a father who brings them up “in the training and admonition of the Lord”(Ephesians 6:4)? Fourth, polygamy causes a man to go away from God rather than closer to God. We should do nothing that causes us to go away from God. Fifth, it makes man master over woman. God never intended that in marriage. Man is to be the head of the wife and family. God said that a man is to love his wife as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5). Christ died for the church. A man must be willing to die for his wife. Is a polygamist going do that? I doubt it. His main concern is himself. He wants to be the “big” man. He thinks that by having many wives he is that “big” man.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6158 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually believe that every woman has the right to be with a man, start a family and have children but unfortunately at least 30 million woman in your country will never get husbands, I think we have been there and I told you over and over that polygamy may actually be a solution.
What is God’s attitude toward polygamy? God is the one who brought marriage into the world. He made the first man, Adam (Genesis 1:26). He saw that it was not good for Adam to be alone. He then made a “wife” for Adam. Notice God did not make “wives” for Adam. If He had wanted Adam to have more than one wife, He would have made him more than one. One was enough. God knows best. Man in his different cultures has brought many ideas about marriage into the world. Some of man’s ideas agree with God’s plan. Some of man’s ideas do NOT agree with God’s plan. This is true with polygamy. Polygamy is a “man-made” idea. It is NOT in agreement with God’s plan for marriage. Anything that does not agree with what God has done or said is sin. God’s plan is one man and woman (wife) for life (Genesis 2). There are many examples of polygamy in the Bible. The first person to be a polygamist was Lamech (Genesis 4:19-24). He lived six generations after Adam. He was a murderer. Nothing good is said about him. Abraham was also a polygamist (Genesis 16:1-5). His wife, Sarai, was unable to have children. She gave her slave, Hagar, to be Abraham’s wife. Hagar had children for Abraham. Sarah then became jealous of Hagar. This marriage was then full of troubles. Another polygamist was Esau. He was the firstborn of Isaac and Rebekah. Esau married two Hittite women (Genesis 26:33,34). They caused much grief to Isaac and Rebekah. Polygamist marriages affect more than just the man and his wives. Gideon was a great and brave leader. He had 70 sons from many wives (Judges 8:30,31). What kind of a father could he be to 70 sons? Not the kind that God wants us to be. King Solomon had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. His wives turned his heart away from God (1 Kings 11:3). His downfall as a king was a result of his practice of polygamy. Nowhere in the Bible can we find polygamy doing any good. Everything that is said about it shows it causes troubles. That has not changed. Today polygamy still causes many marriage problems for those who practice it.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#6159 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you mean by I do not follow a church?? which christian domination do you belong to??
None. Why should I? I wasn't being evasive. If you're curious, I was raised as a Catholic, and then used that as a start to grow past it. Good start, as far as I'm concerned and I have no regrets being raised that way, but it's not where you want to end up if you want to go a little further. It's okay in my opinion. Certainly better than Islam, but certainly not as far as one can go. Why would I ever ask someone else who is equal to me to tell me how to think? But you don't know anything about ideas like that because of the culture you came from, and that's why things like this don't occur to you
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#6160 May 18, 2014
hazem, I have read your other discussions with others, and I'm sympathetic with your efforts and know what is it like to feel "ganged up on" and how much effort it takes to answer too many questions, but they are going to ask you question after question, rather than trying to get to the real philosophical or true heart of the important things. That's what they are interested in and that's how it's going to go. Once it becomes a discussion of which details should or shouldn't be, that can go on forever, but that seems to be the direction that others are leading you to.

So........
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6161 May 18, 2014
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 5:32, "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery".

So, what about those who divorce for reasons other than sexual immorality? Jesus says that in those circumstances, the man who divorces his wife causes her to commit adultery; and the man who marries a woman who was divorced commits adultery. He doesn't leave any room for justifying a divorce with these words, and thus the only way to be reconciled with God is through repentance. Specifically, if a man divorces his wife for a reason other than her adultery, then he needs to ask for forgiveness for that sin from both his ex-wife and God. If possible (if it would not cause more sin against others), it would be best to remarry her as well, as this would indicate true repentance on his part.

For the man who marries a divorced woman, he should repent as well and ask for forgiveness from his spouse and from God. The repentance in this situation would be to never divorce again, for Jesus explicitly says that the sin of adultery is caused by the act of marrying, while marriage is consummated by the initial sexual union i.e. "whoever marries a woman who is divorced". Thus, he should repent of marrying multiple times and never divorce again, nor never marry a divorced woman again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 5 min AlaturQ 462,647
Nude Christian Church 6 min tom_ 12
My Muslim Neighbors 13 min Islam Forbids 237
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 21 min Thinking 230,819
News Why I am Proud to be a Muslim 1 hr Thinking 60
Mistakes in Quran - Part 1 - The beginning 1 hr Thinking 1,776
No errors in Quran 1 hr naman 86
Slovakia says "No muslims allowed" 11 hr Muslims are liars 66
More from around the web