Homosexual marriage is legal

Jun 27, 2013 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.examiner.com

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of2,468
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eric

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom for living breathing on their own American Citizens.......fetuses are not living breathing on their own!!!
Whether they are breathing or not does not disprove of what they are. Or what they would be if given the chance!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraph 1: Government now lets someone swear in court NOT using a bible.
Paragraph 2: "In God We Trust was not put on the money until 1956.
Evidently the money wasn't good enough for the religionists in the 50's. And in any event, it doesn't say "In Jesus We Trust" or "In Christianity We Trust, now does it?
My Dad always said it was really "In God we trust ....all others pay cash"

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is unlawful to even attempt one, but it is completely lawful to attempt an abortion. Think about it.
How many people have been arrested and jailed for suicide?
Eric

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, you're having a meltdown and flailing about. The depth of our founding father's Christian faith, open to interpretation, but they were nowhere near the theocratic bunch you fantasize them to be. God was talked about a lot in those days, so were a lot of non-Christian ideals like democracy and freedom.
okay let me put it this way okay you may find it totally absurd, but who cares what proof do we have that Julius Caesar fought the Gaulic wars? So why do we doubt that our forefathers were Christian? We have one testimony from one man... We have hundreds of quotes from the guys who penned the Constitution. Oh macintosh as John Paul Jones once said "I have yet begun to fight."

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

God commands that if you're going to run the risk of getting knocked up you're going to run the risk to carry and give birth to the damn thing, whether you want it or not, heck, even if it might kill you. Any attempt to alter God's plan, unfortunate result, practical joke, wrong, wrong, wrong. We say God says so.

Do you know what's really weird, pretty much the same churches that now oppose abortion, the same ones that used to preach eugenics.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
How many people have been arrested and jailed for suicide?
Anyone who attempts a suicide which is reported to authorities. Psych holds are police custody.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Whether they are breathing or not does not disprove of what they are. Or what they would be if given the chance!
Again, you are speaking in hypothetical situations......until at least the 24th week.....the fetus CAN NOT survive on it's own......plain and simple and therefore is not a human being and has no rights inalienable to them......I didn't make those rules.....THE GOVERNMENT DID!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Whether they are breathing or not does not disprove of what they are. Or what they would be if given the chance!
By the way......a baby born at the 24 weeks of gestation only has roughly a 10% chance of surviving and only in a great NICU type unit........now, you will look at that and say, "Hey it has a chance"! But the reality is not good.......and it still has nothing to do with the right to do what a woman wants with her body.....and by the way Eric, I don't have to agree with abortions, but what I consider for myself does not give me the right to tell others how to make their choices!!!
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah i know all about it it won't be considered human until it's born go figure
So lives that can make decisions for themselves are not allowed to kill themselves, but lives that can't make decisions for themselves are allowed to be killed. And be killed because of a decision made by someone who can make decisions for themselves and made that decision in the bedroom. Welcome to the insane 21st century.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

So if a goat, can't make a decision for itself, but the goat's human lover can, then they can also get married. Nothing in the constitution that says that is wrong.

So an Uncle can marry a niece, and a Man can marry a goat, as long as there is love between them. Nothing in the constitution that says they can't. God Bless America.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>\I don't have to agree with abortions, but what I consider for myself does not give me the right to tell others how to make their choices!!!
Except for the case of incest or rape, doesn't the choice actually happen in the bedroom?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So lives that can make decisions for themselves are not allowed to kill themselves, but lives that can't make decisions for themselves are allowed to be killed. And be killed because of a decision made by someone who can make decisions for themselves and made that decision in the bedroom. Welcome to the insane 21st century.
Sorry, but it's been like this long before the 21st century hit us!!!

It's sad really that though suicide is victim less crime, one can be placed on a 72 hour hold if caught and prevented from being successful......why should someone be prevented from making a choice they feel AT THAT MOMENT in time is right for them? Why should a terminally ill person who is going to die in 6 months or less not be allowed to go out on their own terms?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the case of incest or rape, doesn't the choice actually happen in the bedroom?
Regarding abortion? No, it can happen anywhere.....and so can the sexual act, if that was what you were getting at?

Regardless of how the pregnancy happened, it is still the woman's choice on whether it continue.....and like I stated, abortion is not for me, but that position doesn't mean I get to tell others what is right for them!!!

“"The good life"”

Since: Sep 10

Que cosa equesto, Sigillo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way......a baby born at the 24 weeks of gestation only has roughly a 10% chance of surviving and only in a great NICU type unit........now, you will look at that and say, "Hey it has a chance"! But the reality is not good.......and it still has nothing to do with the right to do what a woman wants with her body.....and by the way Eric, I don't have to agree with abortions, but what I consider for myself does not give me the right to tell others how to make their choices!!!
Maybe you can tell me Rose,what the hell does the bible or abortion have to do with the topic of the thread! These bible thumpers need to get back on TOPIC or move over to some religious or abortion thread where these TOPIC's belong! Oh,and welcome California to the ranks of freedom and equality,not to mention the Constitution! Lets throw in Minnesota as well,shall we! California,the most populous state in the union! I might just add that I know you're only answering their questions! Carry on good lady!
Welcome California Num13

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Evidence Is In wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well! I'm not going to continue leading you nowhere. You know very well the "God" in "In God We Trust" is not any or all of them. Your credibility and seriousness in the debate just went south.
You began this debate with an assertion that the American government is secular, it's historical documentation is secular. You dance from one tune to the next adding, or subtracting, bits and pieces of your failed argument to fit being corrected with historical fact and tradition.
So, I will bow out of this futile discussion by leaving you to explain the document called "The Emancipation Proclamation" of January 1, 1863, issued by the President of the United State, Abraham Lincoln.
Quote: "That on the first day of January, in the year of our 'Lord'........"
Quote: "And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgement of mankind,'and the gracious favor of Almighty God'."
Knowing Lincoln's position on religion, I can assure you he was not referring to "any and all of them", but only of the God of the Holy Bible.
Here is your Government document that refers to the "Lord" of the year 1863, a dating in reference to before and after the death of Jesus Christ, and his recognition of "Almighty God", which over time, has probably been mentioned millions of times in sermon and prayer in all of the Christian churches of this country, and in both Houses of the United States Congress.
It's been nice sharing this discussion, but I can not continue when the discussion digresses to the point it has-it's becoming overly ridiculous on your part.
Then try teaching Christianity in the public schools,and see how far you get! Good luck with that but proof that we are in fact a SECULAR nation and not some Christian theocracy oh great clueless one! As the treaty of Tripoli stated in 1796,"Quote" As the government of the United states of America is NOT in any SENSE founded on the Christian religion"

Further proof that we are in fact NOT founded on Christianity!

From our founding fathers!

http://www.freethought.mbdojo.com/founding fathers.html

The Constitution does and always will trump the bible in this "SECULAR" nation!
Welcome California Num13

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
So if a goat, can't make a decision for itself, but the goat's human lover can, then they can also get married. Nothing in the constitution that says that is wrong.
So an Uncle can marry a niece, and a Man can marry a goat, as long as there is love between them. Nothing in the constitution that says they can't. God Bless America.
The 14th amendment says,"Equal treatment under the law" As it is,gays are not being treated equal! At least in 37 of the states! This is why Prop 8 was and is UNCONSTITUTIONAL,as per the Supreme court decision of last week! "Secular" You know that pesky OL separation of church and state!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

La Dolche Vita wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can tell me Rose,what the hell does the bible or abortion have to do with the topic of the thread! These bible thumpers need to get back on TOPIC or move over to some religious or abortion thread where these TOPIC's belong! Oh,and welcome California to the ranks of freedom and equality,not to mention the Constitution! Lets throw in Minnesota as well,shall we! California,the most populous state in the union! I might just add that I know you're only answering their questions! Carry on good lady!
Well, you do have a point and why they must discuss their views on abortion and religion here is beyond me......but if they want to insist on it, I'll be happy to help educate them that their views and opinions regarding those issues are irrelevant here......just like their insistence that just because we have the word "God" in our Pledge and on our money that somehow it makes our form of Government not secular.......they just don't get it!!!

Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July holiday and keep up the good fight:-)
Eric

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are speaking in hypothetical situations......until at least the 24th week.....the fetus CAN NOT survive on it's own......plain and simple and therefore is not a human being and has no rights inalienable to them......I didn't make those rules.....THE GOVERNMENT DID!!!
God made this rule "THOU SHALT NOT KILL!!!! Maybe if we let it develop all the way it will be able to breathe but then again like you say what's the point its not human until it's born so what is it before an alien? Giving it up for adoption is a more moral thing to do but its the ladies right to have someone kill her own "fetus"
Eric

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh i aggree

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text> God made this rule "THOU SHALT NOT KILL!!!! Maybe if we let it develop all the way it will be able to breathe but then again like you say what's the point its not human until it's born so what is it before an alien? Giving it up for adoption is a more moral thing to do but its the ladies right to have someone kill her own "fetus"
Do you really want to go there with that Commandment? I mean God contradicted even Himself with reads to that one......lol!!!

It isn't an alien, nor is it human......it is just a bunch of developing cells that if allowed to grow through the gestation period, will become a human baby!!!

I guess adoption could be considered the more "MORAL" thing to do, but then why are there so many children in both orphanages and the foster care system if there are supposedly all these loving couples out there waiting to adopt?

There really is not "KILLING" or "MURDER" when regarding this issue........and as a man, you obviously are clueless as to why so many women would rather abort, than adopt.......see, it takes two to do the deed, but one usually says they'll help and take responsibility to raise the child, but after it's to late for the woman to abort she discovers that the man is a liar and she is left to handle this child on her own.......so, instead of take the chance, she makes the decision that she can typically live with!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of2,468
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 10 min danetoo 355,899
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 24 min Kareem O Wheat 199,450
Sex and Islam, I just don't get it 28 min John Paul III 3
Please sign the Peitition. 28 min Kareem O Wheat 25
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 43 min Shamma 49,138
Palestinian brave girl facing the filthy Israe... 48 min Shamma 66
Hamas losing credibility. 55 min Kareem O Wheat 2
•••
•••