Who Are The Real Children Of Israel?

Jul 1, 2010 Full story: www.finalcall.com 839

In this Book of Genesis, we get lots of pictures of God, and His Promise. In Chapter 15, God is talking to Abram: “Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them and shall afflict them 400 years. But after that time”—God is speaking—“I will come! And I will judge that nation which they shall serve. And afterwards, shall they come out with great substance. And go to their fathers in peace, and be buried in a good old age.”The Jewish people claim that this is talking about them, but other than the Bible, there is no historical record of anybody named “Jews,” in bondage in Egypt for 400 years. There is no historical record of their suffering in bondage like that. Now, they were freed from a “bondage,” all right—but that was in the hills and cavesides of Europe! These people have no legitimate connection to The Holy Land

Full Story
Eric

Itasca, IL

#740 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
Who are the real children of Israel? Why dont we just let God show us?
From Zechariah chapter 2:
Verse 8...For this is what the L-rd Almighty says: "After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye--
9...I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the L-rd Almighty has sent me.
10..."Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the L-rd.
11..."Many nations will be joined with the L-rd in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the L-rd Almighty has sent me to you.
So there we go. A Divine Messiah (identified here as The L-rd) sent by The L-rd.
That is about as good a trinitarian doctrine as I have ever seen. And right out of the pages of the tanakh.
And, what Hebrew word do you say is being translated as The L-rd sent by The L-rd?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#741 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
Verse 8...For this is what the LORD Almighty says: "After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye--
9...I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me.
10..."Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.
11..."Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you.
So there we go. A Divine Messiah (identified here as The Lord) sent by The Lord.
That is about as good a trinitarian doctrine as I have ever seen. And right out of the pages of the tanakh.
Even better is the description of Jesus in Zechariah 13..

1. On that day, a spring shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for purification and for sprinkling.
2. And it shall come to pass on that day, says the Lord of Hosts: I will cut off the names of the idols from the earth, and they shall no longer be mentioned. And also the prophets and the spirit of contamination I will remove from the earth.
3. And it shall come to pass, if a man still prophesies, that his father and his mother-his parents-shall say to him, "You shall not live, for you have spoken falsely in the name of the Lord." And his father and his mother-his parents-shall thrust him through because of his prophesying.
4. And it shall come to pass on that day that the prophets shall be ashamed, each one of his vision when he prophesies; and they will not wear a hairy mantle in order to lie.
5. And he shall say, "I am not a prophet! I am a tiller of the soil, for a man entrusted me with his cattle from my youth."

6. And one will say to him, "What are these wounds between your hands?" And he shall say, "That I was smitten in the house of my friends."

7. O sword, awaken against My shepherd and against the man who is associated with Me! says the Lord of Hosts. Smite the shepherd, and the flock shall scatter, and I will return My hand upon the little ones.

I separated verse 6, since that is the verse used by Christians to 'prove' the crucifiction. Read in context,(something not normally practiced by Christians) it doesn't look so good for your messiah for leading people into a pagan religion.
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#743 Aug 24, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Even better is the description of Jesus in Zechariah 13..
1. On that day, a spring shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for purification and for sprinkling.
2. And it shall come to pass on that day, says the Lord of Hosts: I will cut off the names of the idols from the earth, and they shall no longer be mentioned. And also the prophets and the spirit of contamination I will remove from the earth.
3. And it shall come to pass, if a man still prophesies, that his father and his mother-his parents-shall say to him, "You shall not live, for you have spoken falsely in the name of the Lord." And his father and his mother-his parents-shall thrust him through because of his prophesying.
4. And it shall come to pass on that day that the prophets shall be ashamed, each one of his vision when he prophesies; and they will not wear a hairy mantle in order to lie.
5. And he shall say, "I am not a prophet! I am a tiller of the soil, for a man entrusted me with his cattle from my youth."
6. And one will say to him, "What are these wounds between your hands?" And he shall say, "That I was smitten in the house of my friends."
7. O sword, awaken against My shepherd and against the man who is associated with Me! says the Lord of Hosts. Smite the shepherd, and the flock shall scatter, and I will return My hand upon the little ones.
I separated verse 6, since that is the verse used by Christians to 'prove' the crucifiction. Read in context,(something not normally practiced by Christians) it doesn't look so good for your messiah for leading people into a pagan religion.
This is a Messianic prophecy of the end times. False prophets will be killed.
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#744 Aug 24, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And, what Hebrew word do you say is being translated as The L-rd sent by The L-rd?
Adonai
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#745 Aug 24, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you never quote the verses against paganism
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#746 Aug 24, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you never quote the verses against paganism
I was asked what I think, and I told it.

Perhaps you think the verse is about Jesus? Maybe you are right, I dont know. Im open to your thoughts on it. Maybe you can convince me, who knows?

Some scriptures are difficult to interpret. We should pray about it and ask God to show us the understanding, if it pleases Him to do so.

So, I will listen to your thoughts on that scripture. What do you think it means?

I do find it possible that it may describe a false Messiah who is trying to pretend to be Jesus, with the wounds in his hands. Interesting that Zechariah would know about that, centuries before the crucifixion.

But Zechariah was a true prophet of YHWH.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#747 Aug 24, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked what I think, and I told it.
Perhaps you think the verse is about Jesus? Maybe you are right, I dont know. Im open to your thoughts on it. Maybe you can convince me, who knows?
Some scriptures are difficult to interpret. We should pray about it and ask God to show us the understanding, if it pleases Him to do so.
So, I will listen to your thoughts on that scripture. What do you think it means?
I do find it possible that it may describe a false Messiah who is trying to pretend to be Jesus, with the wounds in his hands. Interesting that Zechariah would know about that, centuries before the crucifixion.
But Zechariah was a true prophet of YHWH.
Start with a better translation and maybe we can talk. Or not.
Eric

Itasca, IL

#748 Aug 24, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Adonai
And, where is the word adonai in Zekharia 2:8-11?

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2302.htm

http://jewishroots.net/images/hebrew_words/he...
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#749 Aug 24, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, deja vu. There goes the second coming. I thought you Christians liked the verse about 'wounds in my hands' Oh,look look, here's another verse about Jesus.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#750 Aug 24, 2012
MAAT wrote:
av strenght of out tent/house father.
In September of 2007 A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Genesis , the first installment of this new translation, was published. Below is an excerpt from this translation (Genesis 1:27) which will demonstrate its usefulness in proper Biblical interpretation.
Mechanical Translation: and~ he~ will~ Fatten "Elohiym [Powers]" At the~ Human in~ Image~ him in~ Image "Elohiym [Powers]" he~ did~ Fatten At~ him Male and~ Female and~ he~ will~ Fatten At~ them(m)
Revised Mechanical Translation: and "Elohiym [Powers]" fattened the human in his image, in the image of "Elohiym [Powers]" he fattened him, male and female he fattened them,
To get a more Hebraic understanding of this verse I have included the dictionary entry for a few of the words found in the Mechanical Translation.
Fatten: To make more substantial, fleshy or plump. fatten or fill up. The filling of the earth in Genesis 1 with sun, moon, plants, animals, etc. And the filling of man with life and the image of God.
in~: A preposition meaning in or with.
Image: A reproduction or imitation of the form of a person or thing. The form of something as a shadow of the original.
With the help of the translation and dictionary we find that this verse can be interpreted as "And Elohiym filled the human with his shadow, with the shadow of Elohiym he filled him, male and female he filled them." With this interpretation we could say that Elohiym placed a representation of himself (his shadow) within the man and woman.
With all due respect, I give up. I'm leaving the course and forfeit any credits I may have received. Have a nice night/day, MAAT! Maybe one day I'll be at your level of learning.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#751 Aug 24, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect, I give up. I'm leaving the course and forfeit any credits I may have received. Have a nice night/day, MAAT! Maybe one day I'll be at your level of learning.
Yes, Maat has an amazing capacity to study numerous topics at a time, and connect the dots.

Since: May 11

Memphis, TN

#752 Aug 24, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
Verse 8...For this is what the LORD Almighty says: "After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye--
9...I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me.
10..."Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.
11..."Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you.
So there we go. A Divine Messiah (identified here as The Lord) sent by The Lord.
Its funny you put that because the scripture about dispersed among the rivers of Ethiopia he refered to them as Daughters of Zion.

Location hidden

#753 Aug 24, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Maat has an amazing capacity to study numerous topics at a time, and connect the dots.
ok, so you say. I can't connect the dots when there is no picture.:-) But maybe MAAT can connect the dots, however they are not numbered in an order and way that I can follow. Therefore, I will just say I dropped out of her course. Now if I understood what she was saying, maybe I would try to stay. But just like it's hard to understand words written with only consonants, or big sections of a sentence left out, so it is when I cannot see the numbers to connect any dots which make a picture.:-) Or at least see the starting number, with a connecting dot in order after that. Well, perhaps you get the point.:-)

Location hidden

#754 Aug 24, 2012
Then again, there are some people that I don't even try to figure out what they're saying. At least with MAAT, I can't say I didn't try. I tried. I feel like Ann Curry here, saying goodbye to her place on the Morning Show. Except I'm smiling and laughing.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#755 Aug 24, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>ok, so you say. I can't connect the dots when there is no picture.:-) But maybe MAAT can connect the dots, however they are not numbered in an order and way that I can follow. Therefore, I will just say I dropped out of her course. Now if I understood what she was saying, maybe I would try to stay. But just like it's hard to understand words written with only consonants, or big sections of a sentence left out, so it is when I cannot see the numbers to connect any dots which make a picture.:-) Or at least see the starting number, with a connecting dot in order after that. Well, perhaps you get the point.:-)
I still have to give Maat due credit for being on an English forum and holding her own, without an agenda. It will be a few more years before I'm brave enough to tackle a forum in modern Hebrew. That's gives me an idea,(study)- there may a a messianic forum in Hebrew.:))
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#756 Aug 24, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a nice song version based on Zechariah 2,(and yes, adonai is the word used).

The video is great though. Its actually a quite pretty song,well worth listening too.

Zechariah 2, Zakharyah (God Remembers).mp4 - YouTube
&#9658; 5:52&#9658; 5:52

www.youtube.com/watch...

“Jacobs SEED remains scattered”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#757 Aug 25, 2012
Punchojr wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny you put that because the scripture about dispersed among the rivers of Ethiopia he refered to them as Daughters of Zion.
(KJV)Zephaniah 3:10, 20
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

[20] At that time will I bring you again , even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord .

“Jacobs SEED remains scattered”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#758 Aug 25, 2012
Punchojr wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond not among. Big difference.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#759 Aug 25, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the vowel points let the reader know to pronounce Adonai instead of the Most High's Name YHUH.Your a snake because you know when you read that text or any other text with Yahuah's Name your told to say Adonai or Elohiym now you just say Ha Shem which is all based on a superstiton of speaking the name of the Most High.
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#760 Aug 25, 2012
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the vowel points let the reader know to pronounce Adonai instead of the Most High's Name YHUH.Your a snake because you know when you read that text or any other text with Yahuah's Name your told to say Adonai or Elohiym now you just say Ha Shem which is all based on a superstiton of speaking the name of the Most High.
Indeed. I know of no scripture that says we cannot write the word God, or even say the name YHWH or Adonai.

The commandment is to not take the Lords name in vain.

But if we say the Lords name in correct usage, there is no sin. The Jews made up additional rules which God did not ordain. But God has no respect for these man-made superstitions. God spoke through the prophet Isaiah on this matter:

Isaiah 28:10..."For it is: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there."

11..."Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues God will speak to this people,

12...to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"--but they would not listen.

13...So then, the word of the LORD to them will become: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there--so that they will go and fall backward, be injured and snared and captured."

Isaiah 28:10-13

And now this fellow tries to use the made made rules about vowel pointers to confuse and distort the Word of God? This form of deceit does not come from God.

..."Those who guide this people mislead them, and those who are guided are led astray."...Isaiah 9:16

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min Sheilaa 371,427
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 24 min Shamma 202,222
Mohammad 43 min jesus is 11
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr fadu singh 50,655
Brisbane locals want to understand Islam 4 hr kefa 8
Muslims are a primitive people, just sayin' 4 hr Ravenclaw 5
DY: Five beliefs that MUHAJID means COWARD is t... 4 hr Ravenclaw 2
Kerry: 'The Real Face of Islam is a Peaceful Re... 5 hr Ravenclaw 142
•••

Islam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••