No Muslim can think of profaning holy...

No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (PBUH): Altaf

There are 54734 comments on the Daily Times story from Jan 11, 2011, titled No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (PBUH): Altaf. In it, Daily Times reports that:

'Even minorities living in Pakistan cannot blaspheme against the holy Prophet , hence I appeal to religious leaders of every shade of religious persuasion to stop their demonstrations after clear assurances from Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani that no amendment is being made in the blasphemy law,' Altaf said while talking to an assembly of MQM ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Times.

Dabang

Kundan, India

#38409 Feb 26, 2013
There were many Qurans in early days of islam. Abu Bakr had his own Quran. Umar changed the Quran according to his wish. Zaid and other scribers of wrote the Quran on Abu Bakr's and Umar's instructions. So half the Quran was Mohammad's words and half was the Abu Bakr's and Umar's words. Ali came with his own Quran, but his Quran was not accepted by many people. Later Uthaman wrote a new Quran. Umayyads also added their vews in Quran and gave the final form to Quran. Quran that we see today has been written by Ummayads.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38410 Feb 26, 2013
Quran and Non Arabic Speaking Muslims:

Someone has made remarks, that only Arabic Knowing people can understand Quran and only they can be Muslims and not those who do not know Arabic language cannot understand Quran and cannot be Muslims.

I do not know, from where they have derived this law, and is it only for Quran and for any other religious scriptures in the world.

Now I will take some examples and let us see how much is the truth in this statement.

A. Hinduism : Hinduism claims to the be the world’ oldest religion. No one knows when it was when SHRUTIS were heard for the first time and who was the person who heard it first (in reality, SHRUTI is nothing else, but what we call as revelation if the source is from ISHVAR). But later these SHRUTIS were written down as Vedas and they hold highest authorities amongst Hindus. So let us take them for an example

a. Vedas:

Vedas are in Sanskrit language and not modern day Sanskrit, but Old Sanskrit language. Now how many Hindus in India know that Sanskrit? 50 %?, 10 %/, 1 %, 0.1 % or 0.01 %?

How many Translation and TIKAS of Vedas have been written in Sanskrit language? By PALINI, PATANJALI, SATVALEKAR ….etc. Do they agree word by word with each other?

Then how many translations of Vedas have been done in Hindi language?

Now if a person who does not know any Sanskrit can translate Vedas or say that this word means this and not this?

And how bulk of Hindus understand Vedas and apply its principles without knowing any word of Sanskrit?

GITA:

No one knows when this book was written, but in our modern time, it has become the most widely read Hindu Scripture. Its Shlokas of “When ever there increases adhram , I come down to destroy it…” has become most quoted and most remembered phrase.

Now is GITA in Sanskrit or Hindi? And how many Hindus can read and understand GITA in Sanskrit?

How many translations and commentaries of GITA have been written in Hindi, English and other Indian languages? Why was it needed and do these translations and commentaries agree with each other word by word?

How majority of Hindus are knowing and applying GITA without knowing any word of Sanskrit?

SMIRITIS, PURANAS, RAMAYAN etc:

All these books are in Sanskrit which very few Hindus in India understand, TIKAS and translations in Sanskrit and Hindi are available for normal people.

Why these translations are needed and why every Hindu does not understand its meaning by directly reading these books?

Even the RAMAYAN written by TULSIDAS need to be translated into modern day Hindi and explained to common people in India!!

So when majority of Hindus in India can believe and apply , Vedas, GITA and PURANAS in their lives without knowing a word of Sanskrit, why only in case of Quran a special provision is made.

B. Judaism:

Next to Hinduism, Judaism claims to be the oldest religion. Their scriptures are in Old Hebrew language, which very few people can understand.

Then this scripture was translated into Greek some 100 years before the Birth of Jesus and is called as Septuagint Translation.

Common Jew cannot understand or read these scriptures now, many translations are available.

Can anyone translate these books without knowing Old Hebrew or Greek language?

When people can be a good Jew and can use their laws by reading translations and not knowing their old language, why Quran should not be used in the same way.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38411 Feb 26, 2013
C. Christianity:

Next comes Christianity, its scripture called Bible, consists of two parts.

One is Jewish part, or Old Testament, which is available in Hebrew, Greek and Vulgate form.

New Testament is mostly in Greek and Vulgate form.

All these languages are now dead languages and no one speaks them any more.

These have been translated into English and other world languages. By Whom? By Jews? By Hindus? By Muslims?

No only by Christians? Those who know these old languages.

And how many translations of Bible are available only in English language? Every sect and denomination has its own Translations.

These translations do not agree with each other word by word/

So how come most of Christians are able to understand their Bible without knowing a word of Greek, Hebrew or Vulgate? And say Boldly Jesus said this and Jesus said that?

D. Position of Quran:

Quran was revealed indeed in Arabic language to our prophet and was initially addressed to Arabs.

But it was for all humanity, so Arabs propagated their book to any part of the world where they went.

People who accepted Islam, took the words of Quran from them and they understood its meaning by asking them.

Arabic in no sense was a dead language and was widely in use in all Muslim countries till very recently.

There was no Muslim country or even city or big village where some one knowing Arabic was not available.

But when Muslim nation was divided into parts and their worldly power went down, Muslim Scholars realized that it might not be possible to ask people to learn Arabic.

So they translated Quran into Persian, Urdu, Turkish and all other languages where Muslims were in majority.

Later translations in English and other European languages and South Indian languages appeared.

So a common Muslim can very well know the meaning of Quran by reading those translations. In case he is not satisfied, he can ask Local Islamic Scholars.

But if he wants to have deep understanding of Quran, he has to learn Arabic language and not only superficial knowledge, but very good knowledge, before he can say with proofs why this word be translated like this and not that?

None and I repeat NONE of these Western Scholars were good in Arabic languages, their expertise was of very low level,(Though in Europe they were honored as “Experts and Authorities”). And the proof is that they did not write any book in Arabic!!

Therefore my plea that every Tom, Dick and Harry, without knowing any word of Arabic can pose as “expert” on Quran and impose his own views as “Authentic Quranic teachings”
Dabang

Kundan, India

#38412 Feb 26, 2013
Ali was the oldest follower and companion of Mohammad. Mohammad would have surly made him the first caliph. But Abu Bakr played a game by offering the pu**y of beautiful Ayesha to Mohammad.
Dabang

Kundan, India

#38413 Feb 26, 2013
I like islam. I want to convert to islam as I can enjoy as many women as I wish and 72 houris in jannat. I accept that Allah is the only god. La ilaha il allah but Mohammad is not the rasul of Allah. He himself is the Allah. MUQ please accept me in islam.
IMI2000

Ardsley, NY

#38414 Feb 26, 2013
Dabang wrote:
I like islam. I want to convert to islam as I can enjoy as many women as I wish and 72 houris in jannat. I accept that Allah is the only god. La ilaha il allah but Mohammad is not the rasul of Allah. He himself is the Allah. MUQ please accept me in islam.
Keep saying AllahUAkbar while your dck is being sliced and you are accepted in Islam.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#38415 Feb 26, 2013
Dabang wrote:
There were many Qurans in early days of islam. Abu Bakr had his own Quran. Umar changed the Quran according to his wish. Zaid and other scribers of wrote the Quran on Abu Bakr's and Umar's instructions. So half the Quran was Mohammad's words and half was the Abu Bakr's and Umar's words. Ali came with his own Quran, but his Quran was not accepted by many people. Later Uthaman wrote a new Quran. Umayyads also added their vews in Quran and gave the final form to Quran. Quran that we see today has been written by Ummayads.
Yeah, every one wrote his / her own Quran, it was so easy to write Quran on those days.

But some how no one, however learned he or she might be in Arabic cannot bring some thing that can match even the shortest chapter of Quran. Like chapter 112?

We should send it to Ripleys, believe it or not!! Should we not?

In those days people composing pages upon page of Quran....and them when Othman wrote "His Quran"....every thing else disappeared into thin smoke.

Which Romans and their mighty armies could not do for Bible and destroy it from the world, Othman could do it with a single decree!!

May be we send this also to Mr. Ripley!!
harminder

Mumbai, India

#38416 Feb 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
C. Christianity:
Next comes Christianity, its scripture called Bible, consists of two parts.
One is Jewish part, or Old Testament, which is available in Hebrew, Greek and Vulgate form.
New Testament is mostly in Greek and Vulgate form.
All these languages are now dead languages and no one speaks them any more.
These have been translated into English and other world languages. By Whom? By Jews? By Hindus? By Muslims?
No only by Christians? Those who know these old languages.
And how many translations of Bible are available only in English language? Every sect and denomination has its own Translations.
These translations do not agree with each other word by word/
So how come most of Christians are able to understand their Bible without knowing a word of Greek, Hebrew or Vulgate? And say Boldly Jesus said this and Jesus said that?
D. Position of Quran:
Quran was revealed indeed in Arabic language to our prophet and was initially addressed to Arabs.
But it was for all humanity, so Arabs propagated their book to any part of the world where they went.
People who accepted Islam, took the words of Quran from them and they understood its meaning by asking them.
Arabic in no sense was a dead language and was widely in use in all Muslim countries till very recently.
There was no Muslim country or even city or big village where some one knowing Arabic was not available.
But when Muslim nation was divided into parts and their worldly power went down, Muslim Scholars realized that it might not be possible to ask people to learn Arabic.
So they translated Quran into Persian, Urdu, Turkish and all other languages where Muslims were in majority.
Later translations in English and other European languages and South Indian languages appeared.
So a common Muslim can very well know the meaning of Quran by reading those translations. In case he is not satisfied, he can ask Local Islamic Scholars.
But if he wants to have deep understanding of Quran, he has to learn Arabic language and not only superficial knowledge, but very good knowledge, before he can say with proofs why this word be translated like this and not that?
None and I repeat NONE of these Western Scholars were good in Arabic languages, their expertise was of very low level,(Though in Europe they were honored as “Experts and Authorities”). And the proof is that they did not write any book in Arabic!!
Therefore my plea that every Tom, Dick and Harry, without knowing any word of Arabic can pose as “expert” on Quran and impose his own views as “Authentic Quranic teachings”
There are translations of Gita, GuruGranth Sahib , vedas, purans in other languages too. In Hindi, In English, Also in Urdu.
The people who read it understand it. So?
The koran is available in other langauges , u accept that.Other religious pothees/angs/books are available in different langauges also , BUT u dont want to accept that.
There is ALSO no city, town , village in India where there is atleast ONE person who can read, speak , write the original sanskrit or punjabi or prakrit or mithili or tamil or bangali or even kashmiri.
I mean what exactly are u trying to prove by going round in circles

“FREEDOM OF MIND & SOUL-”

Since: Aug 08

MILKY WAY

#38417 Feb 26, 2013
You are right ….every Tom , Dick & Harry had a Quran of their own…in own primitive Semitic languages !

I wonder how many Mohammads were there those days (Even with evolved Arabic- you have millions Mohammads today , and every minutes few are added)? With limited vocabulary, to name children, available , there must have been many ! And seeing the fashion of receiving revelation those days……many of them must be feigning receiving revelations!

Mathematically put Mohammads (and people claiming to be knowing Quran) in one group and people cherishing to have their own Quran jotted down in another. Then do permutation and combination between the groups to check the probable number of Quran those days……volla – millions !

You are right ….every Tom , Dick & Harry had a Quran of their own…in own primitive Semitic languages
Dabang wrote:

“FREEDOM OF MIND & SOUL-”

Since: Aug 08

MILKY WAY

#38418 Feb 26, 2013
Sankrit, Hindi, Hebrew....bla...bla....what the fkck are you saying ?

text in original sanskrit and all their translations for other religion are available for Hindoos....if you have a doubt in translation- go -read original - understanad- write Tika !

There was no Quranic Arabic during Mohammad's time- then what to compare with or write Tika on ????

Mastram has better arguments to prove that Quran was written by him !
MUQ wrote:
Quran and Non Arabic Speaking Muslims:
Someone has made remarks, that only Arabic Knowing people can understand Quran and only they can be Muslims and not those who do not know Arabic language cannot understand Quran and cannot be Muslims.
I do not know, from where they have derived this law, and is it word means this and not this?
And how bulk of Hindus understand Vedas and apply its principles without knowing any word of Sanskrit?
GITA:
No one knows when this book was written, but in our modern time, it has become the most widely read Hindu Scripture. Its Shlokas of “When ever there increases adhram , I come down to destroy it…” has become most quoted and most remembered phrase.
Now is GITA in Sanskrit or Hindi? And how many Hindus can read and understand GITA in Sanskrit?
How many translations and commentaries of GITA have been written in Hindi, English and other Indian languages? Why was it needed and do these translations and commentaries agree with each other word by word?
How majority of Hindus are knowing and applying GITA without knowing any word of Sanskrit?
SMIRITIS, PURANAS, RAMAYAN etc:
All these books are in Sanskrit which very few Hindus in India understand, TIKAS and translations in Sanskrit and Hindi are available for normal people.
Why these translations are needed and why every Hindu does not understand its meaning by directly reading these books?
Even the RAMAYAN written by TULSIDAS need to be translated into modern day Hindi and explained to common people in India!!
So when majority of Hindus in India can believe and apply , Vedas, GITA and PURANAS in their lives without knowing a word of Sanskrit, why only in case of Quran a special provision is made.
B. Judaism:
Next to Hinduism, Judaism claims to be the oldest religion. Their scriptures are in Old Hebrew language, which very few people can understand.
Then this scripture was translated into Greek some 100 years before the Birth of Jesus and is called as Septuagint Translation.
Common Jew cannot understand or read these scriptures now, many translations are available.
Can anyone translate these books without knowing Old Hebrew or Greek language?
When people can be a good Jew and can use their laws by reading translations and not knowing their old language, why Quran should not be used in the same way.
(Contd.)
MUQ--

Shanghai, China

#38419 Feb 26, 2013
CHaddi bhai......IMI2000 bhai.......JFV bhai......BachaO meri gaand.........!

Oooooooooooooonh.....owaaAAAAA AA.....mujhey in Khukhkhar KafurO kE bich chhord kahan chaely gaey ???

BachAoooooooooooooo........
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38420 Feb 27, 2013
harminder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are translations of Gita, GuruGranth Sahib , vedas, purans in other languages too. In Hindi, In English, Also in Urdu.
The people who read it understand it. So?
The koran is available in other langauges , u accept that.Other religious pothees/angs/books are available in different langauges also , BUT u dont want to accept that.
There is ALSO no city, town , village in India where there is atleast ONE person who can read, speak , write the original sanskrit or punjabi or prakrit or mithili or tamil or bangali or even kashmiri.
I mean what exactly are u trying to prove by going round in circles
You did not read the opening sentence of my post?

Some one made the claim, that you cannot understand Quran, unless you know Arabic.

Therefore Quran is only for Arabic speaking people and not for others.

So Vedas, and Gitas and Ramayanas and other Scriptures should also be for people who know Sanskrit?

Why dual standards?
John Voxx

Germany

#38421 Feb 27, 2013
What makes certain people bomb children, women, unknowns who never harmed you! What is the root cause? Who are killing? Why are they killing? What do they think? It cannot be just few mad people. They are extremely organized. They are getting stronger day by day. What converts innocent children into dreaded terrorists in such large scale? We need to deeply get to root of all this to get real answers.. Whats your take bhikhmange Kaji ??

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

May the Force be with You .

#38422 Feb 27, 2013
Dabang wrote:
When the Ottoman Empire was in control,did they print their own version ?
Dabang

Patna, India

#38423 Feb 27, 2013
IMI2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep saying AllahUAkbar while your dck is being sliced and you are accepted in Islam.
What would Allah do with my dck. I suppose Allah is not a gay . As now I want to join Allah, he should give me your pu**y to enjoy.
John Voxx

Germany

#38424 Feb 27, 2013
I refuse to worship a God who would help me ONLY if I believe in a particular book, in a particular Language, in a particular symbol, in a particular prophet, in a particular avatar, in a particular place, in a particular story or in a particular history. Such a God doesn't exist for me.

My God is beyond such man-made restrictions. His/Her love is unconditional. He/She only looks at my intent. He/She inspires me from within. He/She nurtures me rather than forcing something from outside. He/She loves me, blesses me and supports me irrespective of me being a Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Atheist.

He/She alone is worshipped by me. He/She alone is my God. I know no other God.

If I have to learn a particular language to understand a God or religion then in my view that belief system is fake. God resides in our heart.
we need not any language to prove his/her presence.

A religion which says it is the truest path authorized by God and it is for all humanity not for a particular country should not restrict humanity that in order to understand the truest religion one has to learn a man made language. If that would be condition then that religion is man made to fool people
MUQ wrote:
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#38425 Feb 27, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
Well.....at this stage I would like you too to open up a little....at least at par with me ! Fair enough ? if not why ?

I believe your grooming up has immense impression on ur claims....

Please tell us-

What d'you do for living ?

Why are you in UAE ?

If you have read anything other than Quran and Islamic propaganda ? If yes what are they ?(I am not interested to know why you didn't read anything?)??

About your parents and your childhood?

Who was the first convert in your clan ,and why he converted ?

Then we will continue opening up further.......to diagnose personality disorder !

OK ? Looking forward to your response ......!

Okay, I'll make you a deal. Find me the original manuscripts of the Koran, when the Koran was first written by either Mohammad or one his scribes.

If you cannot find the original manuscripts of the whole Koran, then the least you can do is to find me the original manuscripts of Sura Baqarah?

As soon as you bring all this to light, then we can talk about me reverting back to Islam.
Ans.

A. Original Copies of Quran:

1. Did you demand original copies from Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and any one else, or your special demand is only for Quran?

2. Did you demand original manuscript of any of those ancient history books, lectures of Socrates, Aristotle, Plato etc?

3. And what about Shakespeare? Have you seen his "hand written original manuscripts" and compared them word by word with what we have in print?

4. And then Original copies of what Newton wrote, what Darwin wrote and all those scientific and medical books?

5. And what about the test which I give, is to check recital of Quran from memorizer of China, and from Saudi Arabia and check they match word by word with each other.

6. And you do not find any other Quran in the world unless they match exactly with each other.

7. Have you checked and verified with other religious and scientific and medical books of ancient times, how many differences we have in different copies and editions?

8. And to top it all, the Quranic challenge to bring some thing like it, why it cannot be met? Why no one could produce even something like Chapter 112 of Quran and the verse 255 of chapter 2? If some human wrote it, why can't some thing write better than it?

9.It seems you have placed conditions on Quran which no one can put any book in the world.

B. Your Problem:

10. What your problem is that , you did not realize the value of Quran, neither when you were a boy, nor when you grew up.

11. You took all the wrong steps in your study of Quran, instead of choosing the right sources, you chose all the wrong sources.

12 And your false pride in yourself, does not allow you to trace back your steps and come back to true path from which you deviated.

C. My Life story:

I will give it to you, but let us first finish with yours.

We cannot have two parallel stories running on the thread, can we?

How can two "parallel" clinics work on the thread?

Trying to use my own medicine on me, do you?

D. Your Life:

13. So what about your father, what were his religious views and what about brothers, sisters and your wife and children. How many of them got the same conclusion as you?

Are you an exception in your family or a rule?

Open up, Mr. Mahmood, may be it is for your own benefit.

Do you know Quran gives examples of a Grateful Son and an ungrateful Son in one chapter of Quran (I will leave you to find that out yourself), to which of these group do you belong.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38426 Feb 27, 2013
NT wrote:
01. Always MUQ as I would expect of you in regards to our conversations of life within our minds that we can communicate honestly with each other.

02. Just read of 25 hi tech Muslim students who attend Tel Aviv University and are studying in conjunction with the USA.

03. Those students can be seen as an act of god that with their ancestry and that of the Jewish state they have proved that they are worthy of each other which sends the world a clear message that all can get along if we try.

04. Just think that these 25 Muslim students will bring back to Islam a time of greatness for when it had culture as it was before it was moved on by Queen Isabella of Spain.

Ans.

01. Israel tries every type of "Media show off" so that people's attention is taken off what they are doing to those Palestinians.

02. Did you not see the similar types of "conducted tours and international student exchange programme" which USSR did and showed how every one is "happy and smiling" under the communist regime?

03. These 25 Muslims students will also be used for the same purpose. I am sure they are "not allowed" to visit Gaza and West Bank and meet the Palestinians there?

04. Whom you are trying to kid that these 25 students would "break the ice" and create love and harmony between Jews and Palestinians?

05. The only way Isreal can earn good will and respect from Muslim world is to first stop being bullies in the region and solve the Palestinian problem.

06. And the FIRST step is to go back to 1948 boundaries and take back all those Palestinians who were driven out from their homes and lands.

07. Such type of "show offs" are only a media exercise, we see these in almost every Communist Country and Dictatorship.

PS:

Want examples?
Dabang

Patna, India

#38427 Feb 27, 2013
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Ottoman Empire was in control,did they print their own version ?
Quran was nothing but the story of how Mohammad became the prophet of Allah and some distorted biblical stories of Mohammad to prove that he was a prophet in the chain of Abraham and Moses. Later Quran was written Zaid and some other writers on the instructions of Abu Bakr and Umar. They wrote Quran on basis of Mohammad's concept of Allah. Hence Abu Bakr's and Umar's vews were also added in Quran. Ali had a different Quran. Othoman baned all these versions of Quran and kept only those verses in Quran that he wished. He gave a different shape to Quran.
harminder

Mumbai, India

#38428 Feb 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not read the opening sentence of my post?
Some one made the claim, that you cannot understand Quran, unless you know Arabic.
Therefore Quran is only for Arabic speaking people and not for others.
So Vedas, and Gitas and Ramayanas and other Scriptures should also be for people who know Sanskrit?
Why dual standards?
you have it all wrong

there are no dual standards here

the guru granth sahib must be read everyday . The meaning dawns on the reader as he /she reads it.

the gita is in sanskrit , the meaning, the kathas dawn on a person who reads /chants it constantly.

the translations are made by persons who have read the original sanskrit/gurmukhi again and again into variuous languages

BUT the person who reads the translation reverts to the original gurmukhi/sanskrit

gradually the reader of other scripts becomes fluent in sanskrit and /or gurmukhi

the non arabs who read the koran again and again in arabic dont have even a base understanding of arabic. There are muslims who read the entire koran , BUT THEY DONT KNOW A WORD OF CONVERSATION ARABIC.i have seen this in mohammedali road in mumbai.An Elderly muslim was reading one passage in the koran again and again. I just addressed him as "Key Felhaal"...he could not understand (because i speak arabic fluently).Then i asked "iskaa kya matlab jo aapney abhee padha"?...he said "matlab allah jaanta hai"

believe me i UNDERSTOOD what he read

I have been to lahore. Muslims there have CRAMMED entire passages from the koran BUT they dont get the saar of what the qoran says

this is what the actual issue is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video of fight with Syrian, Canadian students s... 11 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 2
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 14 min chazmo 520,755
Evil speech by Trump at UN 34 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 28
Community of "Peace" a Testimony in Quran 39 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 5
Just ADMIT it 2 hr Unique_amazing aw... 2
News Muslim group slams #Trump on mosque closing (Oct '15) 4 hr Hank Jr 11
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 4 hr WB and hell bound 36
More from around the web