Ans.01. Who says I have a problem? Rejecting Islam is no problem at all.
02. Not knowing Arabic is just an excuse. Are you telling me that 1450 years back, the almighty had no clue that 85% muslims will never know Arabic? One does not need to know Arabic in order to come up with evidence.
03. There is no such thing as an authentic Islamic book. I challenge you to show me one book on Islam (not the Koran), but a book talking about Islam in general written within 100 years of Mohammad's demise?
04. There were a couple of people in my family who could recite the Koran by heart, my own mother could recite a good chunk of the Koran through memory, but none had a clue what those verses meant.
05. I agree with your opinion about tafsirs. However, I doubt did not set in until I read the Koran (in English). As a youngster, I never read the Koran, only small parts of it (in English).
06. I have been very polite with every muslim scholar whom I'v met. In fact I once sat in a halal restaurant with one of them and had a very interesting conversation, not just religion, we discussed other other topics as well.
07. Trust me, I have done my homework. You see brother MUQ, like you, the muslim scholar has made up is mind without investigating or second guessing his beliefs.
So when a muslim scholar tells me that Allah revealed such a verse to Mohammad, red flags go up telling me that this man is talking through faith and not evidence.
08. Sure a western scholar will create doubt, and why shouldn't he? He's no one's bloody fool. If a claim is not backed by evidence, what do you think one should do? If I gave you snake oil to drink, would you drink it?
Looking forward to your response.
A. No Problem:
Now you have "opened up" a little more and I welcome it!!
It shows your family in more positive light than otherwise. Your mother used to recite a large portion of Quran thru memory, might be a Memorizer of Quran.
Your father also would be a devout Muslim and I do not know for how many generations, your family remained Muslim. That ended with you. I do not know how many brothers and sisters you have, and did they follow your example.
What about your children and your wife? Did they follow your example or of their grandparents?
01. And you say you have no problems? The greatest gift which Allah gave you, without asking, you squandered it and you say, you do not have ANY problem.
Ask any New Convert to Islam, what it means to him and then you will know what you lost.
B. On Quran:
02. And why you say, Allah did not know the value of Arabic or English language 1400 years back and 200 years from now?
Arabic is still widely spoken in the world and is the language of so many countries. None of the words used in Quran have become obscured.
Arabic is the link language of all Muslims irrespective of where they live. When you can learn English, why can't you learn Arabic?
03. I do not know what you mean by authentic book and how "any book" in the world can be "Authentic". If you think that books are authentic, only when they are written down, then original manuscripts of no ancient books are in existence. So according to you, there was nothing in the world before say 1400 years back?
What sort of conditions you are putting?