Ramadan and the holy book of Quran

As the month of Ramadan approaches, millions of Muslims like me worldwide will try to renew their relationship with God during a period of fasting, prayer and reflections. Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
eagle

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2008
This doesn't sound like the same religion being taught by the Ayatollah's in the mid-East. With their militia's & suicide bombers.If they are not the true Muslin then why don't we hear the true Muslin protesting the loudest about those inhuman acts. According to the article Muhammad taught love the Jews & Christans, not kill them.
bill

Morehead, KY

#2 Aug 30, 2008
who cares!
billy

Morehead, KY

#3 Aug 30, 2008
Islam is the scourge of the earth and their deamands and violence is only going to get worse!!!!
Ara

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Love, compassion, tolerance, and mercy for ALL. Believers, non-believers, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Buddists, Hindus... ALL. No one is better than another.
Samb

Cape Canaveral, FL

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Sanitized and selective column. What about the Koran's multiple calls to kill "infidels"?
Tajudeen Oyedele

Satellite Provider

#6 Aug 30, 2008
"On almost every page of the Quran, the reader is invited to use reason, reflection and understanding."

The write-up is good and is also a call for all muslims to respect God's command during and after the Month of Ramadan.
Alen

Ballymena, UK

#8 Aug 30, 2008
eagle wrote:
This doesn't sound like the same religion being taught by the Ayatollah's in the mid-East. With their militia's & suicide bombers.If they are not the true Muslin then why don't we hear the true Muslin protesting the loudest about those inhuman acts. According to the article Muhammad taught love the Jews & Christans, not kill them.
Because The Real and True Muslims exist in this number:2.000.
Sunnis have this number: 1.5 billion.
Mutch Curtis

Summerdale, PA

#9 Aug 30, 2008
This whitewash of the Quran overlooks the many Suras that invoke the destruction of non muslim people[ie. infidels].
Islam is a religion of submission and death. Christianity is a faith in Christ's provision for lost and dying mankind. By grace we are saved, not of works lest anyone should boast [Ephesians 2:8-9].
Hobbie

Cape Canaveral, FL

#10 Aug 30, 2008
The old tired "religion of peace" argument. "Give me a break!" We see the works of Islam all around us. The Islamic Center in every town in America is a growing sickness. Ara, you are a nut job.
Kashif

Carrollton, TX

#11 Aug 30, 2008
Good informative article on Ramadan.
profiting from the book

United States

#12 Aug 30, 2008
and its still OK to kill the infidels? The religion of Peace?? hahahahah

“AOL? Seriously?”

Since: Jul 07

Pawleys Island, SC

#13 Aug 30, 2008
Samb wrote:
Sanitized and selective column. What about the Koran's multiple calls to kill "infidels"?
About as relevant as the calls to kill nonbelievers in the Bible.

http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm
Incredulous

San Francisco, CA

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Islam is a religion of peace uniquely when there are no more "infidels." Until then, the Quran demands of its believers to convert them and if they fail to enslave them or kill them.
Alen

Ballymena, UK

#15 Aug 30, 2008
profiting from the book wrote:
and its still OK to kill the infidels? The religion of Peace?? hahahahah
Who said it is okay to kill infidels?
And where|?
user

Bankstown, Australia

#16 Aug 30, 2008
Eagle, comparing Ayatollah's 'shia' religion to mainstream islam is not right. One must take an effort to understand the difference.

There are christians and jews who have lived and continue to live in muslim lands. Muslim social and economic values are at odds with life as it exist today in the west. Since Jews and Christians are a majority in west today, it appears as though they are the target.

There are two sides to every coin. Support from street in the Muslim world comes from a worldview that considers the following as immoral and hated in the sight of God.

1. Interest(usury) based economy.
2. Social structures that favor, encourage and profit from profanity.
3. Failure to acknowledge God as the creator, protector and the ultimate arbitrator in all disputes.
Don from Illinois

Chicago, IL

#17 Aug 30, 2008
Thank you for your clear writing. I appreciated your thoughtfulness and ability to walk us through the early history.

You clearly stated that Muslims must listen to the Quaran, but also to the teachings of the Prophet's family. Does this mean that the revelation of God is still in process and that new theology can be revealed to individuals? Doesn't this open up the religion to continued evolution and interpretation based on current political circumstances?

Finally, you make several references to individuals being respected. This seems to justify activity in defense of personal insult or the insult of God. Most Christians would say that God was capable of defending Himself, that the insults of man don't require us to personally take action to silence the voice of the 'foolish.' We should point out that they are wrong, without having to act out vengeance in God's name. It's an act of hubris to believe that the individual has been given the responsibility and authority to act out the supposed anger of God on others.

I appreciate your passion and your authoritative but not condescending writing. Thank you.
Dave

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Aug 30, 2008
What a load of crap...
I don't think islam is a religion that espouses peace, love, etc.
From what I see, it's a death cult that glorifies blood, torture, and death. It stands for nothing but hatred, destruction, and pedophilia.
I don't even consider muslims as people; I believe they are more akin to animals and not worthy of anything. And let me apologize to all the true animals because they are a lot more civilized and decent than the muslims.
islam is a scourge on the earth and in a saner world would be wiped out and destroyed wherever it is found.
Now go bang your head on the ground and tell allah you're sorry and didn't really mean it and it's all a big misunderstanding.
Idiots...
LaXCwC

Onalaska, WI

#19 Aug 30, 2008
As I Christian I saw this article title and was interested to see what its content was. I was completely moved. The depiction in our society of the Muslim faith is not the one depicted here. It deeply stirred my heart and gave me a newfound appreciation of the different manners in which God presents Himself. Truly, belief in Him demands tolerance and compassion to all His followers---I want to truly thank the author of this article for providing deeper insight into a misunderstood faith and set of followers...
old foggie

Collinsville, IL

#20 Aug 30, 2008
very nice article.

It is sad that a few fanatics have created such tensions and hatred.

'We believe in what has been sent down to us and what was sent down to you. Our God and your God are one and we submit to Him.''
very profound, and something to ponder.
Hobbie

Cape Canaveral, FL

#21 Aug 30, 2008
"Long gone."

Two pieces of advice. First, shut down your evil website. The Bible actually talks about you when it says, "The fool has said in his heart there is no God!" Second, leave your mother's basement and put all of that energy into some positive service.(like maybe some classical education or employment skills for yourself).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min Nina 422,186
Jesus is not God (Jan '13) 12 min Jesus Is 2,235
Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 13 min Infidel 105
News Muslim building temple is un-Islamic, illegitim... 15 min supersonic boom 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 18 min Shamma 214,798
No such thing as Palestinians 23 min supersonic boom 40
News No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr MissinG HK Here 54,166
You will all accept islam 16 hr open minded logician 1,634
More from around the web