Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#9869 Jun 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Do YOU? Do you know **who** was the group making the charge, and **why** Pilot had a problem with it?
I bet you don't...
Hint: under occupied Jerusalem, Roman law took precedence over Jewish law, by Roman Decree.
But the Roman governor would permit locals to enforce their own local law, if they so chose-- up to death.
The death penalty was reserved for the Romans, and required the breaking of Roman Law.
But.
Pilot was a very weak governor, he held this position only by placating to the local leadership.
So....
... do you understand **now** why Pilot did what he did?
No?
Hmmm....
The Sadducees and Pharisees ( the wealthy and religious ) leaders wished to kill Jesus for the crime of blasphemy ....

but, under Roman occupation they could not take the law in their own hands ..( as you said )..

Pontius Pilate , had a choice ; risk civil unrest or execute an innocent man ..
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#9870 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
The whole idea/meme of hell, means that any deity responsible for it's creation?
Is pretty much evil, through and through.
There can be no other rational conclusion in this issue.
Torture of any kind, is evil. Period.
Infinite torture is infinite evil. Period.
Even if the hell is simply "separation torture" that is still torture-- and still evil.
Yet the bible's tone seems wrapped entirely around this notion of infinite torture.
Actually, the Bible says very little about Hell. You must be thinking of Dante's Inferno. But Jesus did say that some trees will not bear fruit, and that during the harvest, the weeds will be thrown into the fire as with any harvest. And it does say a fire that never quenches, but it isn't clear whether it means everlasting suffering. Jesus usually did not mean much literally, just like Heaven is supposed to be like a Mustard seed. I'm hoping that if there is a hell, it would simply mean that people don't continue on to the afterlife and will perish once and for good, instead of suffering forever. But I actually don;t even hope that that happens either, but I'm not God.

Las Vegas, NV

#9871 Jun 22, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>And let truth sock them in the snoot?
That won't happen, they are more devious than that, it's all about not seeing what is really there. Don't forget they believe the buybull, really they do ... just ask them, but don't remind them that they don't follow it. LOL!
..We don't really follow it ( The Bible ) so, if we really did follow 'it' we would be better people ...?

hmmm..I was under the impression , you thought ill of the Bible ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9872 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the title of this forum? Psst. I'll give you a hint. There is a thing called a thread or topic title and then there is a forum title.
I understand some threads , can be accessed from different titles ..as , this one concerns both Atheism and Islam ...both have it ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9873 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? Ask your typical Jew why he rejects jesus as a messiah.
You might find it interesting-- it's entirely due to the fact that Jesus fails 99% of the old testament's requirements for a messiah...
...starting from being born in the wrong place, not having a descendant-of-David for a father, having the wrong name and so on.
Ending with a failure to meet even **one** of the messiah's secular (as in, on earth) goals, as required by the O.T.
So, not even close.
Ah , yes ..Jesus wasn't the political leader many Jews were hoping for ..

And , that eating of flesh thing , also turned off many Jews ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9874 Jun 22, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Question was.
Do you think it may be your god trying to show off how powerful he is by letting crime to continue.
Your response answered my question well enough
God does 'not' wish the destruction of the wicked ...rather ,that they would change from their ways ...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9875 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Jesus is Divine ; Emmanuel means God with us ..I fail to see the problem ..
You fail to see the problem, yet you managed to point it out and still not see it?

Amazing. So what you are basically saying is, that since Immanuel has never bothered to show up, we have never had "god with us"? Duh, we already know this.

Las Vegas, NV

#9876 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>You fail to see the problem, yet you managed to point it out and still not see it?
Amazing. So what you are basically saying is, that since Immanuel has never bothered to show up, we have never had "god with us"? Duh, we already know this.
..Emmanuel..Comes from 'Isaiah' a book written 800 years before Christ ...800 years from now , we might be speaking Chinese ..words evolve ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9877 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Bible says very little about Hell. You must be thinking of Dante's Inferno. But Jesus did say that some trees will not bear fruit, and that during the harvest, the weeds will be thrown into the fire as with any harvest. And it does say a fire that never quenches, but it isn't clear whether it means everlasting suffering. Jesus usually did not mean much literally, just like Heaven is supposed to be like a Mustard seed. I'm hoping that if there is a hell, it would simply mean that people don't continue on to the afterlife and will perish once and for good, instead of suffering forever. But I actually don;t even hope that that happens either, but I'm not God.
..Everlasting Fire ..there is nothing ambiguous to that ...( faith is the mustard seed )

Earth,TX

#9878 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..We don't really follow it ( The Bible ) so, if we really did follow 'it' we would be better people ...?
hmmm..I was under the impression , you thought ill of the Bible ..
If you all followed it, you would all be locked away in cells

Earth,TX

#9879 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Emmanuel..Comes from 'Isaiah' a book written 800 years before Christ ...800 years from now , we might be speaking Chinese ..words evolve ..
So someday, the word "Jesus" in Chinese will mean "god with us"? So will Immanuel then, mean prophesied savior who failed to show?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#9880 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>
OCD?
Sounds good to me lol

Las Vegas, NV

#9881 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>It takes 10 seconds or less to google "homosexual behavior in animals". Why don't you try it for yourself, beings, you would never believe anything one of us might say about it.
..yup...homosexuality is found 'naturally' in the animal kingdom ...but , it is ALWAYS SEXLESS..!!..So, using this standard homosexual SEXUAL RELATIONS ..are intrinsically disordered ..

If you can't find it in nature ; ergo, it is unnatural ..

...Thank-you for playing ..

Las Vegas, NV

#9882 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>If you all followed it, you would all be locked away in cells
..oh , so why were you telling "Bob of Quantum-Faith" ....'not'..to remind us that we really aren't following the Bible ..

are you bi-polar dickless..??..

Las Vegas, NV

#9883 Jun 22, 2013
<quoted text>So someday, the word "Jesus" in Chinese will mean "god with us"? So will Immanuel then, mean prophesied savior who failed to show?
..Look, don't use your logic to scuttle my arguments ..

Come on give Isaiah a break ..800..years ,(how could he get it, right on the balls ?)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#9884 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yup...homosexuality is found 'naturally' in the animal kingdom ...but , it is ALWAYS SEXLESS..!!..So, using this standard homosexual SEXUAL RELATIONS ..are intrinsically disordered ..
It's not always sexless actually. There are several creatures that attempt sexual acts even though they are the same sex.

Earth,TX

#9885 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yup...homosexuality is found 'naturally' in the animal kingdom ...but , it is ALWAYS SEXLESS..!!..So, using this standard homosexual SEXUAL RELATIONS ..are intrinsically disordered ..
It is not always sexless, and it is widespread thoughout the animal kingdom, and it is completely natural.

Earth,TX

#9886 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..oh , so why were you telling "Bob of Quantum-Faith" ....'not'..to remind us that we really aren't following the Bible ..
are you bi-polar dickless..??..
Only because you have Altzheimers, and for no other reason, you ball-less fucwad.".

You asked, after I had posted to Bob, and that was my reponse to you, and remember now ..... it was after I posted to Bob, got that A-F-T-E-R?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9887 Jun 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The Sadducees and Pharisees ( the wealthy and religious ) leaders wished to kill Jesus for the crime of blasphemy ....
but, under Roman occupation they could not take the law in their own hands ..( as you said )..
Pontius Pilate , had a choice ; risk civil unrest or execute an innocent man ..
Yes! I'm impressed that you got that level of detail.

Of course-- you missed it a little-- innocent only so far as the Romans were concerned.

Guilty as hell, as far as Jewish Law was concerned.

But that's pretty good, for a bible-worshiper.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#9888 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Bible says very little about Hell.
Read The Revelations Of John. It's pretty descriptive. I guess you forgot that bit.
Seeker wrote:
You must be thinking of Dante's Inferno. But Jesus did say that some trees will not bear fruit, and that during the harvest, the weeds will be thrown into the fire as with any harvest. And it does say a fire that never quenches, but it isn't clear whether it means everlasting suffering.
You said it yourself: "never quenches" pretty much spells out infinite torture-fires.

Obviously the myth had to have it's major player enforce the torture-bit, else the whole house-o-cards falls on it's face.

For want of motive to join, that is-- it's the old carrot and stick con game.

You simply **must** have that nasty stick.
Seeker wrote:
Jesus usually did not mean much literally, just like Heaven is supposed to be like a Mustard seed.
It certainly reads as a literal place to me. Oh well. It's 100% mythology, writ large anyhow.

Nothing in there is reality based in any reasonable way.
Seeker wrote:
I'm hoping that if there is a hell, it would simply mean that people don't continue on to the afterlife and will perish once and for good, instead of suffering forever. But I actually don;t even hope that that happens either, but I'm not God.
The whole concept "hell" is simply evil.

We know this today, because humans have progressed in their ideas of sociality, justice and mercy.

For a Bronze Age Mythology, though? It was fairly typical, if rather primitive. Most myths dating to that time, include the "carrot or stick" meme. So I can hardly blame the people who stole the idea for christianity from the surrounding religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penn. & Michigan Recounts Over. 12 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 1
News Pro-Islam billboards respond to political climate 28 min Marie-Luise_J 1
100000 errors in quran (May '15) 31 min LUKE 506
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 58 min Frijoles 255,965
The final victory belongs to Islam. (Dec '14) 1 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 78
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 1 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 400
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Just a guy 503,400
O Say! 1 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 31
News 'Respect for your country is an important part ... 1 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 45
More from around the web