Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8595 May 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>

So it >>is<< a given we live in a Quantum-Mechanical universe.
Which means? Any and ALL gods are NOT omniscient-- they cannot be-- if they were, the universe would collapse, due to the QM observer effect (which is real).
And if a god is >>not<< omniscient? Why call it god?
If the Bible assert that God give breath to all things ...and , we are constantly breathing ...

..Gods subsistence ..is "on going" ...without it , we would surely collapse, as you have postulated ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8596 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And condones it, and lays our the proper "rules" of slavery. A good, merciful god would have told his people to stop.
Should a good and merciful God tell us to stop burning fossil fuels ..

..or..cease building naval war ships ..
..or..cease slaughtering animals for food ..

These are just the "present" realities ...(as slavery was)..In the future ..Who can say ..???

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8597 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If the Bible assert that God give breath to all things ...and , we are constantly breathing ...
..Gods subsistence ..is "on going" ...without it , we would surely collapse, as you have postulated ..
mentally ill theist with no proof of god.

Las Vegas, NV

#8598 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
A cat is a cat-- mine have all been shelter cats of unknown "pedigree".
Good Man ....(and, quite brave )...I understand ,some of those beasts have "mental" problems ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8599 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You might be a little frustrated if you found yourself living in a surreal world where most of your fellow human beings believe in a sky wizard; and even worse, these people like to inject the tenets of their faith into public life, social mores, and law.
Oh..hush your mouth ..and, buckle up....It's called the Culture War ....to the victor ,goes the spoils ...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8600 May 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Son of God.

"In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men ... And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:1-4,14 RSV)

Many recognize those familiar words of the apostle John, with perhaps one exception. We have used the original Greek word Logos (illustrated at right), in place of Word, that most English-language Bibles use in those translated Scriptures.

What and Who was The Logos?

If we carefully read what John wrote in his Gospel account, we see that the Logos was with God, and was God, but was not a God, because there is only one God:

"Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are My witnesses! Is there a God besides Me? There is no Rock; I know not any" (Isaiah 44:8 RSV)

The Logos was the wisdom and power by which God created the heavens and the earth:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities - all things were created through Him and for Him.
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. For in Him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell." (Colossians 1:15-19 RSV)

The Logos became flesh, but God did not become flesh:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (John 3:16-17 RSV)
"And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:14 RSV)

Jesus Christ obeyed God, and said of The Father:

"I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love The Father." (John 14:31 RSV)

So, Who and What is The Logos? Consider these points of fact taken from the pages of your own Holy Bible -

•The Logos was God, but not a God.

•The Logos was the Power and Wisdom of God.

•All things were created for and by the Logos.

•The Logos became flesh as Jesus Christ.

•Jesus Christ is the Logos of God.

Muhammad didn't know God.
Muhammad worshiped the Jinn devil moon god Allah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8601 May 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If god would have remained invisible there would have been no reason for god to create the world or us.
Jesus is the Son of God.

"In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men ... And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:1-4,14 RSV)

Many recognize those familiar words of the apostle John, with perhaps one exception. We have used the original Greek word Logos (illustrated at right), in place of Word, that most English-language Bibles use in those translated Scriptures.

What and Who was The Logos?

If we carefully read what John wrote in his Gospel account, we see that the Logos was with God, and was God, but was not a God, because there is only one God:

"Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are My witnesses! Is there a God besides Me? There is no Rock; I know not any" (Isaiah 44:8 RSV)

The Logos was the wisdom and power by which God created the heavens and the earth:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities - all things were created through Him and for Him.
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent. For in Him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell." (Colossians 1:15-19 RSV)

The Logos became flesh, but God did not become flesh:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (John 3:16-17 RSV)
"And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld His glory, glory as of the only Son from The Father." (John 1:14 RSV)

Jesus Christ obeyed God, and said of The Father:

"I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love The Father." (John 14:31 RSV)

So, Who and What is The Logos? Consider these points of fact taken from the pages of your own Holy Bible -

•The Logos was God, but not a God.

•The Logos was the Power and Wisdom of God.

•All things were created for and by the Logos.

•The Logos became flesh as Jesus Christ.

•Jesus Christ is the Logos of God.

Muhammad didn't know God.
Muhammad worshiped the Jinn devil moon god Allah.

Las Vegas, NV

#8602 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
... and AGREES with it.
Proof-positive the bible is NOT from any GOD.
A GOD?
Would do better....
..The Bible is a snap shot of how the ancient world lived and breathed ...

You find horror in the Tulsa World ...do "you" go on and on ...Oh ! What an ugly ,ugly periodical ...????...

Las Vegas, NV

#8603 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I have read about your god's sense of "justice".
** punish the INNOCENT CHILDREN for the behaviors of their distant ancestors
** punish the INNOCENT FIRST-BORN for the decisions of unrelated adults.
** torture people who do not pay lavish, slave-like attention
Yeah... the world can do without your god's brand of ... "justice".
It's a GOOD thing your god isn't real.
Your brain damage is even more evident.
Okay..."you" got me here ...

But, while the Old Testament was being complied ..this was how "all" people and nations viewed their gods ...the only difference , is that the God of Israel repeatedly reveals Himself to be personal, merciful and loving ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8604 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Brain damage. There is no getting around this: you have religious brain damage.
So severe, you cannot learn anything.
Pathetic.
..I take exception , to this post..

Las Vegas, NV

#8605 May 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
..yeah....this has been well established ...(not , the mentally ill part )....Only God can reveal Himself to "you" ...

(and, then you're going to realize, "what" a pest you've been..!!)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8606 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Should a good and merciful God tell us to stop burning fossil fuels ..
These are just the "present" realities ...(as slavery was)..In the future ..Who can say ..???
First of all, although burning fossil fuels is certainly detrimental to the environment, and although slaughtering animals for food is arguably cruel, they are not at all on the same level as human slavery. That's absurd. Also, your bible is not being written now, so the question of whether or not "god" should tell us to stop doing these things is pointless. That being said, you are proving my point - how can such suffering exist in a world that is supposedly governed by a loving, merciful god? Additionally, why would this loving, merciful paragon of morality *condone* one of the most heinous things that one human can do to another? Why would he give it his tacit approval by "legislating" it, for lack of a better word?

Location hidden

#8607 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh..hush your mouth ..and, buckle up....It's called the Culture War ....to the victor ,goes the spoils ...
Really? You enjoy the fact that we as a species bicker and kill over who has the best sky wizard? Really? Really? You think that it's rational and good that we as a species all pay fealty to one inexplicable being or another? You think that it's good that many of our current problems can be traced back to religious differences or beliefs?

Location hidden

#8608 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Okay..."you" got me here ...
But, while the Old Testament was being complied ..this was how "all" people and nations viewed their gods ...the only difference , is that the God of Israel repeatedly reveals Himself to be personal, merciful and loving ...
Yeah, so loving he sends most of his creations to be tortured for eternity.

Las Vegas, NV

#8609 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, although burning fossil fuels is certainly detrimental to the environment, and although slaughtering animals for food is arguably cruel, they are not at all on the same level as human slavery. That's absurd. Also, your bible is not being written now, so the question of whether or not "god" should tell us to stop doing these things is pointless. That being said, you are proving my point - how can such suffering exist in a world that is supposedly governed by a loving, merciful god? Additionally, why would this loving, merciful paragon of morality *condone* one of the most heinous things that one human can do to another? Why would he give it his tacit approval by "legislating" it, for lack of a better word?
..Pain and struggle , entered the world ; when man sinned ..we have become a fallen creature ..

I think slavery in the beginning , was the most benign thing, opposing clans could do with each others captives ...(besides, just setting them free)...

When Americans conquered the Natives ...do think it was inhumane to lock them away on reservations ....??...Should we have rather wiped them off of ,the face of the world ..???

Las Vegas, NV

#8610 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, so loving he sends most of his creations to be tortured for eternity.
..the word Hell, is just one way of describing or referring to eternal separation from the presence, life and love of God ..

God wishes perdition on "no" man ; rather that , he turns from his evil ways ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8611 May 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You enjoy the fact that we as a species bicker and kill over who has the best sky wizard? Really? Really? You think that it's rational and good that we as a species all pay fealty to one inexplicable being or another? You think that it's good that many of our current problems can be traced back to religious differences or beliefs?
WHOA ....!!!...I thought "Bob of Q-F" was our resident drama queen ...

bickering is what we do , "you" need to ,get you some National Geographic ...and , see what a troop of monkeys do when they come across a different troop ...

believe what you may , but very little conflict or societal disruption ,can be attributed to religious sentiment ...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8612 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If the Bible assert that God give breath to all things ...and , we are constantly breathing ...
Fish.. Fish do not breathe. Sorry, but your BuyBull is full of shyt.

Again.
number four wrote:
Proof? No?

Your god cannot exist in the current universe as it is.

Sorry, that's the FACT, jack.

Besides... Thor is a better god anyway...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8613 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Should a good and merciful God tell us to stop burning fossil fuels ..
Your stupid god promised world peace.

Do we have world peace? No.

Thor? He promised to rid the world of Ice Giants-- and there haven't been such for a long time.

Besides: Thor has a Hammer.

Your god got his ass nailed to a stick.

Do the math.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8614 May 11, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Good Man ....(and, quite brave )...I understand ,some of those beasts have "mental" problems ..
Nope. Any cat can be made friends with-- the key, is to understand what the cat wants.

Not the other way around.

Cats are superior in every way than your god.

Mainly because cats are ... real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pro-Islam billboards respond to political climate 2 min Marie-Luise_J 1
100000 errors in quran (May '15) 6 min LUKE 506
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 32 min Frijoles 255,965
The final victory belongs to Islam. (Dec '14) 51 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 78
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 53 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 400
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 55 min Just a guy 503,400
O Say! 56 min MO_EATS_DUNGS 31
News 'Respect for your country is an important part ... 1 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 45
More from around the web