Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12667 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8483 May 5, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
The only 'One' there is...
The terrorist-monster that ONLY exists within your horrid and hate-filled imagination?

THAT god?

... meh... your ego is showing.

Again.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8485 May 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a MENTAL DISEASE.
There is no two ways around that one.
..It "only" looks like that .........."you", know a little math ....there is always more than "2" ways ...to go around "anything".....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8486 May 5, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..It "only" looks like that .........."you", know a little math ....there is always more than "2" ways ...to go around "anything".....
Of course there are multiple paths to solve a problem. Reality is not a binary switch.

But faith in an authority, of which cannot be verified, is insanity.

And that is EXACTLY what you are guilty of: you have blind faith that the bible is true, even though it is impossible to verify it.

In fact?

All the testing OF the bible always proves it is false-- and you ignore these facts.

That is insane too.

For example: there have been several scientific tests to see if praying for someone is beneficial to them. The tests were carried out on people undergoing heart surgery.

At the end of the testing? No detectable improvement over those people prayed over versus those who were not. And those persons who had been prayed over--and TOLD they had been prayed over? Well--they did WORSE--it seems that telling them they are being PRAYED for made them worry excessively, and that worry added stress, which made the situation worse.

So not only do prayers NOT WORK? They can make things WORSE, if you tell someone about it.

Next: the bible specifically promises your wish is granted, if you invoke "jesus" in the request. There is NOTHING implied or stated about being pious, being unselfish, being a True Believer™-- none of that-- without conditions (apart from the use of the word "jesus") the bible promises your WISH will be IMMEDIATELY GRANTED.

Just looking at the results of your average Lottery? This is a false promise from your bible.

These two prove without a doubt, your bible is a FALSE AUTHORITY.

There's more, want to hear it?
Lincoln

United States

#8487 May 5, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..It "only" looks like that .........."you", know a little math ....there is always more than "2" ways ...to go around "anything".....
Prediction is that Bob will out type you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8488 May 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your world view, your Weltanschauung/
This is not the only view of mankind.
Defeated theist liar confronted with the fact that he has no proof of god, and hence nothing to say here of any worth

Location hidden

#8489 May 5, 2013
number four wrote:
The immoral liar admits once again that he has no proof of god.

Location hidden

#8490 May 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln passive-aggressive creationist troll. Atheists converted: 0.

You will get bored of making a fool of yourself.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8491 May 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln passive-aggressive creationist troll. Atheists converted: 0.
You will get bored of making a fool of yourself.
Hello fool.
How did matter come into existence?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8493 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep, and yep.
But the addiction level for non-super-strains of MJ is very low, and mostly a psychological one, not a chemical-craving at all.
Psychological addictions can often be treated with substation therapy pretty easily.
My stand on this subject is this:
Since tobacco and alcohol are both legal (and more harmful than the non-super-strains) we ought to legalize MJ as well.
For one thing, it'd be an >>excellent<< source of new tax revenue, one that is strictly voluntary too (like the other two).
For another, people who are high on MJ tend to >>not<< go driving, and when they do, they tend to go slooooowly... which is a damn sight better than on booze--where the driver tends to go very-very fast...
... and tobacco is not exempt, either-- studies show that driving while smoking, is as distracting as driving while mildly drunk, as the smoker is always fiddling with the cigarette...
If an >>adult<< wants to use one of these mild drugs? I say so what? Let'em-- just put strong punishment in place, if by indulging in these drugs, they cause someone harm.
Oh! I nearly forgot to include the #1 drug of choice in America: caffeine.
Yet there are absolutely zero restrictions on this drug...!
Oh yeah, of course, I didn't mean to say that weed is physically addictive.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8494 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Hello fool.
We dont know. The God hypothesis is not the answer, as this just raises the question who made God?

Las Vegas, NV

#8495 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Question:
You walk into a late-night convenience store for a pack of gum.
You did not notice a gunman hiding just behind the rack of goods-- and as you step up to pay, the gunman steps up and puts his cold, hard gun to your head.
He says, "you have a CHOICE-- give me all your money, all your credit cards and your watch too-- or I will shoot you in the head"
Now.
You have a sort of choice here-- you can refuse, and the gunman will get your stuff ANYWAY, or you can "choose" to give him your stuff.
Is this "choice" a valid choice?
No-- not really.
But.
IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME CHOICE YOUR RELIGION OFFERS.
That is not a "choice".
That is what is called EXTORTION.
Look it up.
okay...yesterday was Cinco de Mayo ...and, I felt like being foul ....

But, lets get back to the crux of the matter, on why "Bob of Quantum-Faith" is going to Hell

A lawnmower is created by Man ..built by Man ..to serve Man.
A microwave is created by Man ..built by Man ..to serve Man..

Ergo ..So it is wholly justified for God who created Man and sustains Man ...to rightfully, be served by Man ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8496 May 6, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
We dont know. The God hypothesis is not the answer, as this just raises the question who made God?
..there are limits to the mind ...you couldn't really understand ...(GOD IS ETERNAL)....He has "ALWAYS" existed ...

Las Vegas, NV

#8497 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course there are multiple paths to solve a problem. Reality is not a binary switch.
But faith in an authority, of which cannot be verified, is insanity.
And that is EXACTLY what you are guilty of: you have blind faith that the bible is true, even though it is impossible to verify it.
In fact?
All the testing OF the bible always proves it is false-- and you ignore these facts.
That is insane too.
For example: there have been several scientific tests to see if praying for someone is beneficial to them. The tests were carried out on people undergoing heart surgery.
At the end of the testing? No detectable improvement over those people prayed over versus those who were not. And those persons who had been prayed over--and TOLD they had been prayed over? Well--they did WORSE--it seems that telling them they are being PRAYED for made them worry excessively, and that worry added stress, which made the situation worse.
So not only do prayers NOT WORK? They can make things WORSE, if you tell someone about it.
Next: the bible specifically promises your wish is granted, if you invoke "jesus" in the request. There is NOTHING implied or stated about being pious, being unselfish, being a True Believer™-- none of that-- without conditions (apart from the use of the word "jesus") the bible promises your WISH will be IMMEDIATELY GRANTED.
Just looking at the results of your average Lottery? This is a false promise from your bible.
These two prove without a doubt, your bible is a FALSE AUTHORITY.
There's more, want to hear it?
That study on prayer ..only suggests that God cannot be manipulated ..

As, for your take on God granting every desire ...>> NO <<.. and .. >> NO <<....You ,must recall Jesus in the garden of gethsemane ...He did not what to drink of the chalice ..but, let "your" will be done and not mine own ..

Las Vegas, NV

#8498 May 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
...You "have" gift ..!!!..You need to go to the horse races ..!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8499 May 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Hello fool.
Quantum Mechanics has shown that quantum particles come into existence all the time, then vanish-- again without cause.

In fact?

The stronger your "vacuum" the MORE likely you will get these quantum-particle pairs showing up.

So much so, that the universe was not only very likely--it was certain to have appeared, due to quantum events.

The Universe is an uncaused event-- there is NO NEED for your silly Jewish Wizard at all... none!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8500 May 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, of course, I didn't mean to say that weed is physically addictive.
It can be psychologically addictive though. But so can TV-- anything can, if the person is subject to such things.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8501 May 6, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>okay...yesterday was Cinco de Mayo ...and, I felt like being foul ....
But, lets get back to the crux of the matter, on why "Bob of Quantum-Faith" is going to Hell
A lawnmower is created by Man ..built by Man ..to serve Man.
A microwave is created by Man ..built by Man ..to serve Man..
Ergo ..So it is wholly justified for God who created Man and sustains Man ...to rightfully, be served by Man ..
So.

You believe in SLAVERY, then? Because that is EXACTLY the "reasoning" you used here--

-- by YOUR SAME ARGUMENT?

Parents have sex, they make a baby. So-- ACCORDING TO YOU-- they have the right to just KILL that baby if they want, or they could TORTURE IT, or they could simply leave it in a box, ignored.

When (if) the baby grows up? ACCORDING TO YOU-- it should be their literal slave, waiting on them hand-and-foot for all time.

DO YOU SEE YOUR MISTAKE YET?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8502 May 6, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..there are limits to the mind ...you couldn't really understand ...(GOD IS ETERNAL)....He has "ALWAYS" existed ...
Really? Prove it.

In any case? Quantum Mechanics is well proven. Within QM, we see particle-pairs suddenly appearing, then vanishing-- all WITHOUT cause.

The universe itself, began as a quantum-level particle-- and quantum mechanics shows that it could have simply appeared UNCAUSED, as that is what particles of that size do.

Once it appeared --- UNCAUSED -- it would be unstable -- it would either vanish again, or begin to expand into a universe.

In fact? This is SO likely, that the odds show that there are an INFINITY of universes out there.

There is no need of your Magic Jewish Wizard... no need at ALL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8503 May 6, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>That study on prayer ..only suggests that God cannot be manipulated ..
So your ego-centric god WILL NOT HONOR HIS OWN BOOK?

Just out of ... SPITE?

That is some petulant godling you worship there...!

Seriously! Your bible CLEARLY says, "ANYTHING YOU ASK IN THE NAME OF JESUS IS GRANTED".

There are NO conditions placed--apart from the magic name-- and *poof* the wish is INSTANTLY granted.

That is what the bible REALLY says too-- look it up.
number four wrote:
As, for your take on God granting every desire
So you agree-- YOUR BIBLE LIED?

Good. That is progress--- your bible LIED about that-- what ELSE did your bible LIE about?

Hmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8504 May 6, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You "have" gift ..!!!..You need to go to the horse races ..!!
I am very good at typing. I practice every day-- have been for more than 6 years, daily, typing.

I work to improve my speed, accuracy and style too.

It's an easy goal, really-- as I enjoy trying to express my ideas into the limited media of words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 8 min Rasputin not regi... 454,726
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 min NotQuiter 225,988
The Biggest Lie: Holocaust. 38 min Igor Trip 978
Bmz ..****** Its time****** 41 min bmz 35
Jesus Christ was a Palestinian Muslim. 1 hr Joe W 779
false zamzam well history in quran 1 hr micky 16
DY: Dawn of Reality needs a brain 1 hr micky 3
More from around the web