Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#8177 Apr 19, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Always stiving to reach that next level of stupidity, are you?
I am quite ambitious ...
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#8179 Apr 19, 2013
buybull and bible refer to the same book of myths.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not afraid of the Bible.
I was talking of your book the Buybull.
Note the difference.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8180 Apr 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I thought "you" heathens believed in evolution ...In all these eons and eons , only homo sapiens are capable of language and higher thought ...???...
I defy you to find a quote of MINE that says what you just claimed I said.

I was talking about SNAKES, you lying little believer.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8181 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the difference.
Apart from the spelling, there isn't any difference.

They both refer to the same Big Book Of Hate And Lies: you call it "bible".

We call it by a more accurate name: buybull.

The are the same evil book, though.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#8182 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the difference.
Bible/buybull same thing, no difference.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8183 Apr 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I defy you to find a quote of MINE that says what you just claimed I said.
I was talking about SNAKES, you lying little believer.
..I have no skin in this game ..I don't buy the Biblical story of Creation either ...

but, I can admit ....I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ..

Birds (I believe) evolved from dinosaurs (reptiles)...Birds "can" speak..it's not too far fetched , then to believe that "this" snake spoke ,(a species that no longer exist..??)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8184 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Bible/buybull same thing, no difference.
.."KJV" just assumed .."you no speak the english"..The proper response is "Thank-you "KJV" .."
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8185 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
buybull and bible refer to the same book of myths.
<quoted text>
..I "do" refer to atheists as pagans. But ,look atheists believe that "they" are the masters of their own destiny ...

they no longer worship the true God ,

Earth,TX

#8186 Apr 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."KJV" just assumed .."you no speak the english"..The proper response is "Thank-you "KJV" .."
Bullshit! The only rational response is and was "Bible/buybull same thing, no difference".
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8187 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>Bullshit! The only rational response is and was "Bible/buybull same thing, no difference".
..but..."buy bull" ..hurts my feeling ..

You know what "eff" you ...I not going to the Rez w/ you ..go by yourself ..and, I'm going to tell them ..."There's a Karankawa after your horses ...watch for her ...and, she fights like a man ..!!!"
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

#8188 Apr 19, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the difference.
I personally eschew those books for the Wholly Babble m'self...

Earth,TX

#8189 Apr 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I "do" refer to atheists as pagans. But ,look atheists believe that "they" are the masters of their own destiny ...
Then you are an idiot, if there were a true god, he would have been created by man, hundreds of thousands of years before the Buybull god was.
Oh, wait, he was .... but he has long ago been forgotten. The Abrahamic god was something like the 30,000th god, that man created.

The atheist is simply not theist, and that includes every child ever born. They are atheist and will be atheist until they are indoctrinated, and some will later throw off that indoctrination, and return to being atheist. The people you are idiotically and erroneously referring to as Pagan, are the non-believers.

Earth,TX

#8190 Apr 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..but..."buy bull" ..hurts my feeling ..
You know what "eff" you ...I not going to the Rez w/ you ..go by yourself ..and, I'm going to tell them ..."There's a Karankawa after your horses ...watch for her ...and, she fights like a man ..!!!"
She fights like a warrior, you wus.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8191 Apr 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I have no skin in this game ..I don't buy the Biblical story of Creation either ...
but, I can admit ....I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ..
Birds (I believe) evolved from dinosaurs (reptiles)...Birds "can" speak..it's not too far fetched , then to believe that "this" snake spoke ,(a species that no longer exist..??)
Then I apologize! I had assumed you took the bible creation story as fact.

My bad. I should be more careful.

Again, sorry about that.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8193 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Then I apologize! I had assumed you took the bible creation story as fact.
My bad. I should be more careful.
Again, sorry about that.
..Apology accepted..!!...You know , I don't care what "everybody" else says ....I think you're okay ...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8194 Apr 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I "do" refer to atheists as pagans. But ,look atheists believe that "they" are the masters of their own destiny ...
Just listen to yourself, not only haven't you a proven a god, you're now claiming its the "one true god"

Believers are losers. Get real.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8195 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>Then you are an idiot, if there were a true god, he would have been created by man, hundreds of thousands of years before the Buybull god was.
Oh, wait, he was .... but he has long ago been forgotten. The Abrahamic god was something like the 30,000th god, that man created.
The atheist is simply not theist, and that includes every child ever born. They are atheist and will be atheist until they are indoctrinated, and some will later throw off that indoctrination, and return to being atheist. The people you are idiotically and erroneously referring to as Pagan, are the non-believers.
...You are correct , there has been plethora of religious and spiritual disciplines through out the ages ...

Can "not" this suggest that mankind has a real and definite "spiritual need"...(We were actually worshiping nature and heavenly bodies at one time ...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#8197 Apr 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You are correct , there has been plethora of religious and spiritual disciplines through out the ages ...
Can "not" this suggest that mankind has a real and definite "spiritual need"...(We were actually worshiping nature and heavenly bodies at one time ...)
I suspect this "spiritual need" is not all that complicated.

Too many self-professed "experts" have tried to spin this into a very lucrative pay-day for themselves.

Which tells me there's something simpler going on, not something really deep or cosmic or anything.

My observation is this: children are typically taught how to become adults, by ... adults.

During the very first stages of being, an infant is cared for and literally, his every whim, cry or whimper is given attention (if not immediately assuaged, >>someone<< comes to pay attention at least).

This experience is the very beginning of an infant humans life.

It's a time of magic, from the perspective of the child: something bigger, greater and more powerful than the infant, is paying attention to the child's needs, wants and whims. Sometimes, paying very close, exclusive attention.

As a child grows up, this changes naturally. But the vast majority of infants who do not die of some dread disease or malnutrition, experience this first-blush of wonderment: "a literal god is caring for ME" (in the limited view of the infant's perspective)

I think, that as adults, we yearn for those first weeks of being a being who's taken care of by Something Greater.

And thus, you have the creation of "solutions" to that fundamental and unconscious need to return to infancy....

... in the form of "spiritualism" or other sorts of Somethings Greater.

Have you noticed the trend? It's always Something Greater, in the mind of the person being ... "spiritual".

I wonder what the future holds, when infants are inevitably going to be raise by nanny-robots?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#8198 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I suspect this "spiritual need" is not all that complicated.
Too many self-professed "experts" have tried to spin this into a very lucrative pay-day for themselves.
Which tells me there's something simpler going on, not something really deep or cosmic or anything.
My observation is this: children are typically taught how to become adults, by ... adults.
During the very first stages of being, an infant is cared for and literally, his every whim, cry or whimper is given attention (if not immediately assuaged, >>someone<< comes to pay attention at least).
This experience is the very beginning of an infant humans life.
It's a time of magic, from the perspective of the child: something bigger, greater and more powerful than the infant, is paying attention to the child's needs, wants and whims. Sometimes, paying very close, exclusive attention.
As a child grows up, this changes naturally. But the vast majority of infants who do not die of some dread disease or malnutrition, experience this first-blush of wonderment: "a literal god is caring for ME" (in the limited view of the infant's perspective)
I think, that as adults, we yearn for those first weeks of being a being who's taken care of by Something Greater.
And thus, you have the creation of "solutions" to that fundamental and unconscious need to return to infancy....
... in the form of "spiritualism" or other sorts of Somethings Greater.
Have you noticed the trend? It's always Something Greater, in the mind of the person being ... "spiritual".
I wonder what the future holds, when infants are inevitably going to be raise by nanny-robots?
..This is good ...(except , the part where you make belief ..sound like a delusion..)
Lincoln

United States

#8199 Apr 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..This is good ...(except , the part where you make belief ..sound like a delusion..)
Bob has special powers when he wears his tin hat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy model converts to Islam 2 hr AussieBobby 5
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 hr J_a_n 514,043
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 179
Sexual Slavery and enforced Prostitution in India 6 hr Faith 14
Islam will prevail in America 7 hr J_a_n 42
Islam is the last hope of humanity 7 hr J_a_n 38
Not in my name ! 7 hr J_a_n 29
More from around the web