Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments (Page 380)

Showing posts 7,581 - 7,600 of12,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to be a paramedic before my career now. Don't tell me about what you have seen and what I haven't seen. I guarantee I have seen what I claimed. I have seen so many deaths that I changed my career.
You are 28, with two degrees from Notre Dame, and working on a third, burned out on one career, and now a successful business owner, and parent to more than one "in school" but yet non-existent child, and dying people make sure to tell you that they are, or were atheist, agnostic and theist.

As someone who has lived that which you have claimed, I don't believe you. Someone with the dedication to accomplish those things, not only would have the education to get themselves to that level, but they would skillfully display that education level, in their thinking, which would then translate to their writings, and you don't do either.

And yeah, I know what you are going to say "educational barrier". In other don't critique those who claim, but can't produce. Your level of education will always out itself, and it has.

The 4 sentences that you posted here are are proof of that

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually quite common to have historical accounts from both sides of a conflict. You see, it is very rare for the 'victors' to completely destroy the 'vanquished'. Much more common is that a few battles are fought and each goes and writes the history to serve their purposes.
Now, all history is written with definite *biases*: cultural, political, philosophical, etc. That means a historian must be *very* careful about the interpretation of any writings, even 'first hand accounts'.
An easy example is the one you gave: the 'Civil War' vs the 'War of Northern Aggression'. Both names are clearly biased and convey a particular political view of the conflict. But, both views still agree that there was a war, that certain battles were fought, etc. There are many facts on which even the biased viewpoints are based. Generally speaking, one should be very cautious about claims of who started a conflict: the various sides will often disagree strongly about this. It is common for one side to present a battle as significant while the other side portrays it as a minor skirmish. Guess which side lost?
So yes, history is biased; each side presents its view of what happened and views it through the lens of its own culture, philosophy, politics, etc. But that doesn't mean that it is all fiction. There are still many facts that can be teased out of the biased accounts of the different sides.
..duh..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats only social conditioning. There are hindus, buddhists, muslims and others, who have different saviours.
You are claiming that these nice people use their creators names in vain and as a expletive ...???...Well, I'll give it to "you" ..as, I do not know ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was poor ..
Jewsus is a myth-- he could be anything the fabricators wanted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You are 28, with two degrees from Notre Dame, and working on a third, burned out on one career, and now a successful business owner, and parent to more than one "in school" but yet non-existent child, and dying people make sure to tell you that they are, or were atheist, agnostic and theist.
As someone who has lived that which you have claimed, I don't believe you. Someone with the dedication to accomplish those things, not only would have the education to get themselves to that level, but they would skillfully display that education level, in their thinking, which would then translate to their writings, and you don't do either.
And yeah, I know what you are going to say "educational barrier". In other don't critique those who claim, but can't produce. Your level of education will always out itself, and it has.
Yep.

True Believers™ are not educated.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings up a point I always wonder about.
It has to do with True Believers™ claims about last-minute conversions.
If their god is so inept, so unconvincing, that it literally requires a person to be under literal threat for his or her very existence, literally the last minutes of their life--frequently while experiencing intense pain, mental pressure, and so on...
... WTF?
What sort of god is it, that is >>only<< convincing under those extreme situations of duress?
I mean-- why cannot this god manage to be convincing during NORMAL life?
To normal people I mean-- I discount the obviously insane (such as EW, et al) and I also discount those who stand to gain immense personal power and wealth (the Pat Robertson's of the world) and I discount those who have suffered serious brainwashing--but don't realize it--
-- the point is, why don't rational, highly educated people become convinced of this ... this god-thing.
Hmmmm?
Don't you just love that so many xians claim to have heard the death bed recantations of so very many atheist. So much so in fact that I fully suspect that they are out murdering us by the dozens.

These people don't believe in that god when they are fine, and most don't believe in it when they are dying, The silver screen presents it that way, so the religitard believes it. I too have ridden in the ambulance with severally injured people, I've loaded them into that vehicle, and I have been with them until the EMT's arrive.

It was my own community where I was a first responder, so the people who were injured, quite often were acquaintances and sometimes were even friends. Much time passes when we have to cut them from mangled wreckage, and mostly they don't talk, because they can't. The talking is done by us, asking if they can hear us, telling them it's going to be OK, we will take care of you, we are here now, it's going to be OK. We hold their hands and we calm them.

We all have our breaking point, and for me it was children. When they are the ones who are injured and dying, I don't and can't step away from the emotional involvement. Before I can leave a scene, it is every bit as if I had lost my own child.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Human nature at play ...how many repent of their crimes ...after they've been caught ..??
One in a hundred, the other ninety nine only regret being caught.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Human nature at play ...how many repent of their crimes ...after they've been caught ..??
One in one hundred, the other ninety nine only regret being caught.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>I had a public education .!!..you...You..word Nazi ...!!
... and you allowed it to limit you, that is too bad.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Crap ...your knees and back ..must be shot ...No one should work this hard ......!!
Ah, a lay-about wastrel are you?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

<quoted text>You are 28, with two degrees from Notre Dame, and working on a third, burned out on one career, and now a successful business owner, and parent to more than one "in school" but yet non-existent child, and dying people make sure to tell you that they are, or were atheist, agnostic and theist.
Correction to the above post # 7811 >>. In other words don't critique those who claim, but can't produce. Your level of education will always out itself, and it has.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

<quoted text>Don't you just love that so many xians claim to have heard the death bed recantations of so very many atheist. So much so in fact that I fully suspect that they are out murdering us by the dozens.
These people don't believe in that god when they are fine, and most don't believe in it when they are dying, The silver screen presents it that way, so the religitard believes it. I too have ridden in the ambulance with severally injured people, I've loaded them into that vehicle, and I have been with them until the EMT's arrive.
It was my own community where I was a first responder, so the people who were injured, quite often were acquaintances and sometimes were even friends. Much time passes when we have to cut them from mangled wreckage, and mostly they don't talk, because they can't. The talking is done by us, asking if they can hear us, telling them it's going to be OK, we will take care of you, we are here now, it's going to be OK. We hold their hands and we calm them.
We all have our breaking point, and for me it was children. When they are the ones who are injured and dying, I don't and can't step away from the emotional involvement. Before I can leave a scene, it is every bit as if I had lost my own child.
We humans are genetically predisposed to empathize with children-- which I see as a very, very VERY good thing.

Without children? We are finished. But you know this already.

:)

I do detest the religious people who think it's okay to lie, so long as they "win" whatever "point" they were trying to make.

But even more, I detest those who know it's BS, but they keep dishing out the BS because they are too cowardly to face reality.

Their demand to be Cosmically Significant literally has them in a stranglehold, such that they reject actual reality.

That's sad. But it's detestable too; life's too short to waste it on such illusions.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

<quoted text>Correction to the above post # 7811 >>. In other words don't critique those who claim, but can't produce. Your level of education will always out itself, and it has.
Indeed: EW has long since demonstrated he's a fool; an uneducated fool....

... a True Believer™ in other words.
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>How can lions be so scarce when there's so many christians around to feed them?
I've heard that the Christians in charge of feeding those Lions now have to knock out the Atheist before locking them in the cage with the Lions.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>I'm an equal-opportunity debunker. I consider Islam to be as much bullshit as Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, and Scientology.
Does anyone care what you think?

M&M

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed: EW has long since demonstrated he's a fool; an uneducated fool....

... a True Believer™ in other words.
And you are so intelligent and successful. Bwahahahahahahaha!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Will you accept Jesus ....If I give you cash ...???
nah, I'm just joking ..
desperate theist. you cult guys are nuts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are so intelligent and successful. Bwahahahahahahaha!
This is coming from a wifeless creationist lard who couldn't spell evolution even if his daily gallon of donuts depended on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

By the way, I'm not implying that you're overweight, I'm just saying you're a fat f*ck.

Since: Mar 13

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

As a atheist, and proud of it, I hate Denise people that hide behind there imaginary friends.
People that not only hide behind there imaginary friends but also maim, kill and dishonest themselves and the once they are supposed to protect, they are evil.
Evil comes in many forms, but to me Islam has taken it to the next level.
Islam is evil and if the world does not stand up against evil, all good will be lost.
So people, good people, stand up, I am, and denounce Islam and there evil and demented so called Spartans prophet Muhammad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,581 - 7,600 of12,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fasting has many benefits for the body 4 min ashkar cursing israel 25
When You Know A Palestinian Is Lying 5 min PATX 1
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Love Hurghada 355,812
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 10 min Belle Sexton 925
Why Do Sunnis Sit On The Floor To Eat Their Meals? 13 min ashkar cursing israel 12
Why no ban on bestiality in the koran (Jan '14) 13 min Chuwa 2
Report finds Islamic plot to control UK schools 18 min supersonic boom 2
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 35 min El Cid 199,424
•••
•••