Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#5581 Oct 5, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>True enough. Too many people fall for the, "If you vote 3rd party you are actually voting for (insert party that they don't want to win) to win."
I would rather not have to impose a "leader" on others but, since I live here, I might as well vote for the one that I think will do a little harm as possible.
..well...you live in America..."no democracy"...don't waste your vote on Gary...pick..President O'bama ..or..the other Guy...(and, don't worry your pretty little head...nothing is going to change ..anyway..)

Las Vegas, NV

#5582 Oct 5, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing a former alter boy.
..I did "not" expect that ..okay..you drew blood...I shall be "more" wary ...next time ..

Las Vegas, NV

#5583 Oct 5, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus was not what Yahweh promised he would be. To accept Jesus you just say the OT and it's God Yahweh was wrong. You can't have it both ways Jesus simply failed in every way as Yahweh decreed the one who would be messiah must do FIRST before being dubbed as the messiah. Jesus did nothing but claim he was the messiah unearned.
If he even existed I am merely pointing out the flaw in the work of fiction known as the bible.
<quoted text>
..Not So...Jesus did much more than expected ...sure, we (Israelites) wanted someone to liberate us from under Roman occupation ...but, Jesus made us children ...vertible ..children of God ...He came as God and became our brother...I don't see any failure ...

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#5584 Oct 5, 2012
So you are right but the God of the OT was wrong?

How funny is a believers blasphemy!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Not So...Jesus did much more than expected ...sure, we (Israelites) wanted someone to liberate us from under Roman occupation ...but, Jesus made us children ...vertible ..children of God ...He came as God and became our brother...I don't see any failure ...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5585 Oct 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Not So...Jesus did much more than expected ...sure, we (Israelites) wanted someone to liberate us from under Roman occupation ...but, Jesus made us children ...vertible ..children of God ...He came as God and became our brother...I don't see any failure ...
The very human architects of christianity did much more than anyone could have dreamed. After all, they turned a 3rd rate magician and philosopher into a SUPERSTAR!!!

"
"

Texas, USA

#5586 Oct 6, 2012
Sorry, but I must share another clip from Webber's magnificent rock opera ...

"
"

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5587 Oct 6, 2012
Ritual Human Sacrifice in the Bible

(Why does God want me to burn animals and humans?)

The Bible, especially the Old Testament, is filled with numerous stories of animal and human sacrifice. God, we are told, likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh. Animal sacrifice is much more common than human sacrifice, but both occur and are "pleasing to the Lord".

Genesis, the first book of the Bible, has Abraham preparing to sacrifice his son to God. "Take your son, your only son yes, Isaac, whom you love so much and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) Abraham takes his own son up on a mountain and builds an altar upon which to burn him. He even lies to his son and has him help build the altar. Then Abraham ties his son to the altar and puts a knife to his throat. He then hears God tell him this was just a test of his faith. However, God still wanted to smell some burnt flesh so he tells Abraham to burn a ram.

Even though he didn't kill his son, it is still an incredibly cruel and evil thing to do. If Abraham did that today he would be in jail serving a long sentence as someone's prison-bitch. It amazes me how Christians see this story as a sign of God's love. There is no love here, just pure unadulterated evil

Texas, USA

#5588 Oct 6, 2012
swerty wrote:
The Bible, especially the Old Testament, is filled with numerous stories of animal and human sacrifice. God, we are told, likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh. Animal sacrifice is much more common than human sacrifice, but both occur and are "pleasing to the Lord".
Genesis, the first book of the Bible, has Abraham preparing to sacrifice his son to God. "Take your son, your only son yes, Isaac, whom you love so much and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) Abraham takes his own son up on a mountain and builds an altar upon which to burn him. He even lies to his son and has him help build the altar. Then Abraham ties his son to the altar and puts a knife to his throat. He then hears God tell him this was just a test of his faith. However, God still wanted to smell some burnt flesh so he tells Abraham to burn a ram.
Even though he didn't kill his son, it is still an incredibly cruel and evil thing to do. If Abraham did that today he would be in jail serving a long sentence as someone's prison-bitch. It amazes me how Christians see this story as a sign of God's love. There is no love here, just pure unadulterated evil
That's why they had to hastily come up with a "new" testament ... the old one being so nonsensical and violent. Of course, revisionists are even today detoxing the New Testament ... you know, to make it easier to read and understand. Us modern folk being so stupid and all.

Las Vegas, NV

#5589 Oct 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are right but the God of the OT was wrong?
How funny is a believers blasphemy!
<quoted text>
...The Old Testament...kept every promise..It promised a mighty King..(check)
That this King, would liberate his people ...(check)
That this King would usher in a new and glorious kingdom ..(check)

Las Vegas, NV

#5590 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The very human architects of christianity did much more than anyone could have dreamed. After all, they turned a 3rd rate magician and philosopher into a SUPERSTAR!!!
"http://www.youtube.com/w atch?v=5AIRBpW1drEXX"
....phffbbtttb..."RHill "...Don't you have better things to do ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#5591 Oct 6, 2012
swerty wrote:
..Are you a Hindu..??.."swerty". ...EVERYBODY ..LOVES...the smell of "Barbecue"..!!
2)Abraham loved God so much ...he was willing to give him his son ...
2a)How many parents have sacrificed their children in the defense of the country they love..???
3)...I hope you are "pro-life"...or you are a hypocrite (triple exclamation point)

Florence, KY

#5592 Oct 6, 2012
The OT clearly lined out the messiah and carefully detailed what he must do BEFORE being accepted as messiah.
Check.

Did it say the messiah would have a short lived ministry and be humiliated by his enemies? Nope.

Did it say the messiah would be a Demi god? Nope.

Did it say the messiah would be God himself come to earth? Nope.

Did it say the messiah would perform miracles of the supernatural variety? Nope.

Again the messiah was to be a man with the following qualities to lead the Jews to prosperity. A wise king strong and clever like a general yet knowledgable and kind in enforcing the laws God had set for them in the OT.

Jesus pissed all over the OT laws and when questioned merely gave angry how dare you question me responses. Had he been God or his son surely he would know how out of line his teachings would be going against centuries of following his laws.

Instead of reuniting the Jews he divided them even more.

He failed in every way a messiah wannabe could.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...The Old Testament...kept every promise..It promised a mighty King..(check)
That this King, would liberate his people ...(check)
That this King would usher in a new and glorious kingdom ..(check)

Texas, USA

#5593 Oct 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....phffbbtttb... "RHill"...Don't you have better things to do ..??
Nothing more rewarding than saving the minds of Godbots!

Las Vegas, NV

#5594 Oct 6, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing more rewarding than saving the minds of Godbots!
...well...???..thank-you....I guess..???

Las Vegas, NV

#5595 Oct 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The OT clearly lined out the messiah and carefully detailed what he must do BEFORE being accepted as messiah.
Check.
Did it say the messiah would have a short lived ministry and be humiliated by his enemies? Nope.
Did it say the messiah would be a Demi god? Nope.
Did it say the messiah would be God himself come to earth? Nope.
Did it say the messiah would perform miracles of the supernatural variety? Nope.
Again the messiah was to be a man with the following qualities to lead the Jews to prosperity. A wise king strong and clever like a general yet knowledgable and kind in enforcing the laws God had set for them in the OT.
Jesus pissed all over the OT laws and when questioned merely gave angry how dare you question me responses. Had he been God or his son surely he would know how out of line his teachings would be going against centuries of following his laws.
Instead of reuniting the Jews he divided them even more.
He failed in every way a messiah wannabe could.
<quoted text>
....uhh...?..yeah..The Old Testament ...does nothing that clearly lines out ,or carefully details ,the coming of the Messiah...
2) There are passages that suggest a sinless servant ,who by his voluntary sufferings atones for the sins of his people...and, saves us from just punishment.
3)Yes, Jesus did away with the old covenant ...to bring the new covenant..
3a)It was the Jews who rejected the Messiah...not, the other way around..
4)He conquered Death and Sin...returned mankind to God..(for those willing anyway)...not, really the definition of failure..
5)I hope I hit all your points..

Chicago, IL

#5596 Oct 6, 2012
You should actually read it before making a jackass out of yourself.

If Jesus existed he failed to complete a single meaningful messianic prophecy so the Jews at the time would be correct to reject him. Plus all he dis was repeat what several famous roman gods at the time had already done. Your vague scripture free descriptions of messiah details ignored on the fact they are apologetic style edited to sound like Jesus.

How long did his actual ministry with him leading it even last? A very brief time whereas the Messiah was to travel far and wide with his ministry even crossing the Nile.

Jesus acted like a jackass and was committed suicide by Cop. Not exactly the strong clever messiah with wisdom beyond Solomon that the OT spoke of.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....uhh...?..yeah..The Old Testament ...does nothing that clearly lines out ,or carefully details ,the coming of the Messiah...
2) There are passages that suggest a sinless servant ,who by his voluntary sufferings atones for the sins of his people...and, saves us from just punishment.
3)Yes, Jesus did away with the old covenant ...to bring the new covenant..
3a)It was the Jews who rejected the Messiah...not, the other way around..
4)He conquered Death and Sin...returned mankind to God..(for those willing anyway)...not, really the definition of failure..
5)I hope I hit all your points..

Las Vegas, NV

#5597 Oct 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You should actually read it before making a jackass out of yourself.
If Jesus existed he failed to complete a single meaningful messianic prophecy so the Jews at the time would be correct to reject him. Plus all he dis was repeat what several famous roman gods at the time had already done. Your vague scripture free descriptions of messiah details ignored on the fact they are apologetic style edited to sound like Jesus.
How long did his actual ministry with him leading it even last? A very brief time whereas the Messiah was to travel far and wide with his ministry even crossing the Nile.
Jesus acted like a jackass and was committed suicide by Cop. Not exactly the strong clever messiah with wisdom beyond Solomon that the OT spoke of.
<quoted text>
1)..I'm working on that...
2) I don't think you realize the impact Jesus has had...you can't even run for high office without claiming him as your personal savior ..
2a) maybe so...but, Jesus is the winner, Roman pantheon is not..
3)His ministry...three years...But, with Jesus ...a little bit will do you..!
4)..suicide by cop...you are grasping at straws ...being killed for your ideas and convictions ....this is called being murdered ...
4a) Healing people is not generally considered acting like a jack-ass...this is deep seated hostility ....you are an ill individual ..

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5598 Oct 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I've..NEVER..!!..lo oked like a douchbag "online" you f**king ..pizza faced ..fatso..NEVER..!!!
1) This enamored view of IQ...???...I get it, those who lean towards the hard sciences and finance...will un-dubiety be of your ilk...as ,we care little for those disciplines ...
1a) But ,as to who is "more" intelligent" ..who can say..???..you have such linear thinking..!!!..Who is "more" intelligent the General Practitioner (medicine)..or..the Theoretical Physicist..???..(depends on what needs to be done..eh..??)
1b)..If you were trapped underground or lost at Sea..."who" is more intelligent the "miner" or the "sailor"...??
I don't understand why you got so angry.

I didn't call you a douchebag. I am not enamored with IQ, I was stating a fact.

The rest of your post was word salad.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5599 Oct 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1)..I'm working on that...
2) I don't think you realize the impact Jesus has had...you can't even run for high office without claiming him as your personal savior ..
And you consider this a good thing?

Chicago, IL

#5600 Oct 6, 2012
1: No surprise most Christholes have never read beyond what their preacher says. I used to be like you but progressed past it.
2: I know all about the influence of the Christholes and if Constatine had had a PTSD hallucination of Perseus you would be defending him now instead of Jesus.
3: His short ministry only proves how pitiful he was. Not even a decent prophet let alone messiah. Why worship such a loser?
4: How many people did Jesus heal by beating unarmed merchants following the law with a whip? Such a display would have gotten him beheaded by Moses if he was lucky.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1)..I'm working on that...
2a) maybe so...but, Jesus is the winner, Roman pantheon is not..
3)His ministry...three years...But, with Jesus ...a little bit will do you..!
4)..suicide by cop...you are grasping at straws ...being killed for your ideas and convictions ....this is called being murdered ...
4a) Healing people is not generally considered acting like a jack-ass...this is deep seated hostility ....you are an ill individual ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min Baron44 393,512
Why do we Indians hates Muslims ? (Aug '13) 44 min John Voxx 74
Islamic State's tyranny strikes all religions 58 min Shamma 10
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Shamma 207,604
Swiss favour burka ban 1 hr supersonic boom 5
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 2 hr interstellar 52,766
Millions of Muslims are leaving Islam in India! (Dec '11) 2 hr JOEL 226
Quran is just a BOOK... morons. 4 hr Faith 54
How to to end Islam? Ideas please 6 hr Naman 490
More from around the web