North Korea Has 1, 000 Missiles

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Korea

Queensbury, NY

#1 Mar 17, 2010
SEOUL (Reuters)- North Korea has increased its missile arsenal by 25 percent in the past two years to about 1,000, expanding the threat the state poses to the region, the South's defence chief said on Wednesday.

Pyongyang's arsenal includes intermediate-range missiles that can hit targets at up to 3,000 km (1,860 miles) away, Yonhap news agency quoted Kim Tae-young as telling a forum of business leaders.

The missiles could hit all of Japan and put U.S. military bases in Guam at risk.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/03/17/wor...
Jake

Stoney Creek, Canada

#2 Mar 17, 2010
Korea wrote:
SEOUL (Reuters)- North Korea has increased its missile arsenal by 25 percent in the past two years to about 1,000, expanding the threat the state poses to the region, the South's defence chief said on Wednesday.
Pyongyang's arsenal includes intermediate-range missiles that can hit targets at up to 3,000 km (1,860 miles) away, Yonhap news agency quoted Kim Tae-young as telling a forum of business leaders.
The missiles could hit all of Japan and put U.S. military bases in Guam at risk.
You wonder if its going to come to premptive strike time, or regime change for North Korea. If they've raised their missles by 25 % then their only going to keep doing that.

Good source this time Truths, The New york times is respectable.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#3 Mar 17, 2010
Korea wrote:
North Korea or some other countries, who have a few thousand missiles, will never use these missiles first.

If they do, they know they will be fiercely attacked by others and more powerful, who have a huge stockpile.

The idea behind having these missiles is to deter any country or countries from turning it into an Iraq, by anchoring their fleets offshore, followed by raining missiles, cruise missile and bombs.

Also, no country would dare go in to enforce a regime change in North Korea, which is the immediate backyard of China and Russia.

Perhaps the mindset will only change after a generation or two, only if all the big guns load every square mile with satellite coverage to all Western channels, freely.

The North Koreans will see the life in those countries and may start thinking and reflecting, followed by questioning their leaders and the government.

There is no other way.

Jake

Stoney Creek, Canada

#4 Mar 17, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
North Korea or some other countries, who have a few thousand missiles, will never use these missiles first.
If they do, they know they will be fiercely attacked by others and more powerful, who have a huge stockpile.
The idea behind having these missiles is to deter any country or countries from turning it into an Iraq, by anchoring their fleets offshore, followed by raining missiles, cruise missile and bombs.
Also, no country would dare go in to enforce a regime change in North Korea, which is the immediate backyard of China and Russia.
Perhaps the mindset will only change after a generation or two, only if all the big guns load every square mile with satellite coverage to all Western channels, freely.
The North Koreans will see the life in those countries and may start thinking and reflecting, followed by questioning their leaders and the government.
There is no other way.
We hope so. Hopefully there can be a peacefull regime change, and the mindset of the new leader is more interested in progress, instead of saber ratteling.

I really hope the current leader doens't launch his rockets first as you say, he's a bit of a wing nut, so anything is possible. Hopefully he does nothing.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#5 Mar 17, 2010
Stupid question time, why is this subject in the Islam page?
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#6 Mar 17, 2010
supersonic boom wrote:
Stupid question time, why is this subject in the Islam page?
To give people like you something to complain about....

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#7 Mar 17, 2010
Isreality wrote:
<quoted text>
To give people like you something to complain about....
Oh right, thank you.
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#8 Mar 17, 2010
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh right, thank you.
You're quite welcome lol
bmz

Singapore

#9 Mar 17, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
We hope so. Hopefully there can be a peacefull regime change, and the mindset of the new leader is more interested in progress, instead of saber ratteling.

I really hope the current leader doens't launch his rockets first as you say, he's a bit of a wing nut, so anything is possible.

Hopefully he does nothing.
All Kim can do is to test-fire his missiles. He knows the consequences well, Jake. He would not dare.

All he wants is more money, support, development and finance, which he is getting mainly from China and that daily allowance from China is not enough.

The peace price, in my view, would be about 30 billion dollars a year.

Forgot to add: If NK really starts a war and fires missile at Japan or South Korea, I can assure you that China and Russia will be the first to dismantle the regime and fix NK straight away. lol! It is in the Chian-Russian jaw.
bmz

Singapore

#10 Mar 17, 2010
Nice thread, Isreality.

Hope no one spoils it. Looks like we can discuss international politics here.
Jake

Stoney Creek, Canada

#11 Mar 18, 2010
bmz wrote:
Nice thread, Isreality.
Hope no one spoils it. Looks like we can discuss international politics here.
I agree, healthy discussion without the bickering and insults. ;)
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2010

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, FL

#13 Mar 18, 2010
Korea wrote:
Does that just make you cream your pant
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#14 Mar 18, 2010
Mi_nina wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that just make you cream your pant
I'm starting to think your some sort of perv or hooker by the words you use on this forum....A troll trashhmouth for sure...

Hollywood, FL

#15 Mar 18, 2010
no , I call it as I see it...you are an anti american piece of shit and I call you on it.
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#16 Mar 18, 2010
Like I said...
I'm starting to think your some sort of perv or hooker by the words you use on this forum....A troll trashhmouth for sure...
bmz

Singapore

#17 Mar 18, 2010
Mi_nina wrote:
no , I call it as I see it...you are an anti american piece of shit and I call you on it.
I know Isreality very well. He is not anti-American. He is a genuine and patriotic American.

However, he differs from 'pieces of shit' like most of you. lol!

He is a pure white American young man, who cares for Palestinians. There is nothing wrong with that as many Americans do that too.

Don't think that all Americans agree with you.

There was no need to spoil the thread.

bmz

Seoul, Korea

#18 Mar 18, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Isreality very well. He is not anti-American. He is a genuine and patriotic American.
He is a pure white American young man, who cares for Palestinians. There is nothing wrong with that as many Americans do that too.
JUST like you're bitch patriotic Singaporen eager to fight Muslims who are on a jihad to destroy everything non-islamic. You need Yaacob Ibrahim bad sonny boy!! He will be a star witness for you and then some.

Cheers
BMZ

Hollywood, FL

#19 Mar 18, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously you do not know "him" that well....because "he" is a "she"....lol...
And I too care about Palestine...I believe in a nation called Palestine....I think there could be a Palestine and an Israel.

And while I care about Palestine...I also care about my own nation...the USA...and I believe first in my own nation...and I do not try to denigrate it with anti american comments like "isreality"..." truths"...what ever name she has today.
She really is a piece of anti american shit!~
Isreality

Queensbury, NY

#20 Mar 18, 2010
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks bmz
She's just another annoying trollette, attempting to grow brain. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I became a muslim after reading this 5 min ABDALLAH MohPagan... 77
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 12 min DaniEl 492,274
News Blanket demonization of Islam uncalled for (Aug '11) 23 min Taking over_ you ... 37
If you are a non-muslim, you must read this 27 min raptor 63
PATRIOT owes me moneys (Nov '12) 30 min Taking over_ you ... 40
The Fine Art of Wasting Taxpayer's Money. (Sep '13) 35 min Taking over_ you ... 8
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Joel 253,949
Why is Islam spreading so fast? 6 hr Ismail 697
More from around the web