First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Ex Muslim

Prince George, Canada

#1 Feb 1, 2013
A couple of years ago I used to be on this forum as an ardent Muslim who tried to defend Islam against what I perceived were baseless attacks. I'm not some troll or a non-muslim guy pretending to have left Islam just to discredit it. I really truly was a strong believing Muslim.

How much has changed since then. After a while of thinking and reasoning, I began to see the flaws of Islam become more apparent. Muslims invent imaginative lies and frivolous explainations to cover up some of the dirtiest aspects of Islam. The Qur'an is not filled with scientific miracles as they propose, but rather numerous fallacies and scientific errors. It systematically opresses women and treats them lesser then men (see Hadith: "Women are deficent in intelligence to men" and Qu'ran: "Men have been made a few degrees superior to women". The list can go on, but I will summarize; it is backwards, incorrect, and extremely flawed.

After realizing this, I renounced Islam. Of course I cannot tell my family or friends this, as the penalty for leaving Islam is death (another reason why I was convinced Islam is incredibly false). So I must pretend to be a Muslim for my own sake, something which drives me crazy every day to watch them do their silly rituals, believe in their nonsensical things (Jinn, black magic, etc.), and their rejection of modern science and learning (like Evolution).

So i just wanted to let all the people on this forum attacking Islam that what you are doing is working. You are starting the process of critical thinking in some Muslims (like myself) that allows us to see what Islam really is, and to leave it. So please don't stop, especially all the athiests and scientists. I am now an athiest, and replaced my vigour of learning Islam for learning about what the world truly is.

For all Muslims reading this: Please stop trying to defend relgion. One day hopefully you will have the epiphany that I did, and leave it. I too was once an ardent supporter, and it took me a long time to leave Islam, but I'm convinced that I made the right choice.
Ex Muslim

Prince George, Canada

#2 Feb 1, 2013
As a side note:
But let me be clear. What annoys me most about these forums is when I see Christians and other religious fanatics coming here to denegrate Islam while claiming the superiority of their religion. For example, I have seen things like "Islam is the work of the devil. It is backwards, violent, and incompatible with science. Christianity on the other hand has been kicking Islam's butt for 1400 years, spread peacefully and without violence, and science supports it completely. Christianity is the true religion!"

You ridicule the Muslims for refusing to think critically and see that their religion is false and the work of men, not God. It is ironic that you do the same. By claiming that your religion is somehow truer than Islam, is absolute poppycock. All relgion is false, some are more false than others (like Islam). But do not consider than my deperature from Islam supports you in anyway. I reject all religions for the very same reason I left Islam.

Mysticism and spirtuality are simply constructs of the human mind to make sense of the world around them. It is a form of immaturity. I realized this and abandoned it. I do not comfort myself with fairy tells of a life after death, or that there is a loving God above. I know that life is simply a product of chance, and that the universe is too.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Few posters who are Christian do this.

Most of the critics of Islam are not of any established religion.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
A couple of years ago I used to be on this forum as an ardent Muslim who tried to defend Islam against what I perceived were baseless attacks. I'm not some troll or a non-muslim guy pretending to have left Islam just to discredit it. I really truly was a strong believing Muslim.
How much has changed since then. After a while of thinking and reasoning, I began to see the flaws of Islam become more apparent. Muslims invent imaginative lies and frivolous explainations to cover up some of the dirtiest aspects of Islam. The Qur'an is not filled with scientific miracles as they propose, but rather numerous fallacies and scientific errors. It systematically opresses women and treats them lesser then men (see Hadith: "Women are deficent in intelligence to men" and Qu'ran: "Men have been made a few degrees superior to women". The list can go on, but I will summarize; it is backwards, incorrect, and extremely flawed.
After realizing this, I renounced Islam. Of course I cannot tell my family or friends this, as the penalty for leaving Islam is death (another reason why I was convinced Islam is incredibly false). So I must pretend to be a Muslim for my own sake, something which drives me crazy every day to watch them do their silly rituals, believe in their nonsensical things (Jinn, black magic, etc.), and their rejection of modern science and learning (like Evolution).
So i just wanted to let all the people on this forum attacking Islam that what you are doing is working. You are starting the process of critical thinking in some Muslims (like myself) that allows us to see what Islam really is, and to leave it. So please don't stop, especially all the athiests and scientists. I am now an athiest, and replaced my vigour of learning Islam for learning about what the world truly is.
For all Muslims reading this: Please stop trying to defend relgion. One day hopefully you will have the epiphany that I did, and leave it. I too was once an ardent supporter, and it took me a long time to leave Islam, but I'm convinced that I made the right choice.
That must be incredibly difficult. It takes a great deal of courage, especially considering what you face if found out. Best wishes to you.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
Wow really???? i must follow you now and remain muslim LOOL

U lame crosstian losers, you think you going to impress anyone by telling lies??? LOL

Dude,don't hurt your fingers and type too much garbage

Islam is the absolute truth and if someone has doubt in islam? come to the fact that ALLAH words is all proven by science
Timesten

United States

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> Wow really???? i must follow you now and remain muslim LOOL
U lame crosstian losers, you think you going to impress anyone by telling lies??? LOL
Islam is the absolute truth and if someone has doubt in islam? come to the fact that ALLAH words is all proven by science
Keep spewing you filth you muslim troll. And don't you hurt your fingers taping your sister.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#8 Feb 2, 2013
FONTAINE wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know yourself good I'd say.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T9H...

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep spewing you filth you muslim troll. And don't you hurt your fingers taping your sister.
Says the big bad Buford who thinks he's kidding someone
Or is it Excaliber the troll clone
ZushZush

Iraq

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like PATRIOT to me.
Timesten

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2013
FONTAINE wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know yourself good I'd say.
Oh and the two filthy syphilitic forum wh@res avidly slurped up your crap I see.
Your the STD troll on Topix, I'd say.
Timesten

United States

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Timesten wrote:
Shut the hell up, and grow up.
Timesten

United States

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
What's it to you? Your pure crap, and an azzhole.
Timesten

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2013
ZushZush wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like PATRIOT to me.
What the hell you know about it? Keep your muzzie mouth shut, bit!h.
Ex Muslim

Prince George, Canada

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> Wow really???? i must follow you now and remain muslim LOOL
I thought many Muslims would resort to label me as a Christian pretending to be a Muslim that left Islam, but it is not the case.
I am a Pakistani man of 21 years of age. My parents are moderately religious, and I too grew up to be a religious person. I was taught to be fluent in Arabic, Urdu, and English, and even spent some time with my maternal uncle (who is an Imam) on Tableeghi Jamad to California. I have made the Hajj and the Umrah twice, and I even headed the youth club at my local mosque when I was younger, even participating in local inter-faith debates. I really was a Muslim, whether you accept it or not. In fact I was much like you, so protective of Islam, convinced that it was true and confirmed by science, and that all of the horrible things that Muslims do was not "true" Islam. It was very hard letting go of that mentality.

Secondly your addressal of Islamís supposedly "scientifically" proven nature. Please demonstrate to me with verses and hadith what specifically you feel is a proof that science confirms Allah? I have a degree in Biochemistry and working on a minor in Physics, so I have quite an area of expertise in science and will.examine these verses/hadith.

“Alea iacta est!”

Oh it's ON!

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought many Muslims would resort to label me as a Christian pretending to be a Muslim that left Islam, but it is not the case.
I am a Pakistani man of 21 years of age. My parents are moderately religious, and I too grew up to be a religious person. I was taught to be fluent in Arabic, Urdu, and English, and even spent some time with my maternal uncle (who is an Imam) on Tableeghi Jamad to California. I have made the Hajj and the Umrah twice, and I even headed the youth club at my local mosque when I was younger, even participating in local inter-faith debates. I really was a Muslim, whether you accept it or not. In fact I was much like you, so protective of Islam, convinced that it was true and confirmed by science, and that all of the horrible things that Muslims do was not "true" Islam. It was very hard letting go of that mentality.
Secondly your addressal of Islamís supposedly "scientifically" proven nature. Please demonstrate to me with verses and hadith what specifically you feel is a proof that science confirms Allah? I have a degree in Biochemistry and working on a minor in Physics, so I have quite an area of expertise in science and will.examine these verses/hadith.
Please keep in mind while you converse with Egyptcad, he's little more than a troll. He believes Giants were the ancient rulers of Egypt, he regularly tells females he disagrees with that he wants to beat and rape them among other crude things.

Since: Feb 13

Prince George, Canada

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep in mind while you converse with Egyptcad, he's little more than a troll. He believes Giants were the ancient rulers of Egypt, he regularly tells females he disagrees with that he wants to beat and rape them among other crude things.
Just watched his Youtube videos about the "giants that ruled Egypt"... wow you weren't kidding about him being a troll. Crazy litte fellow he is.

“Alea iacta est!”

Oh it's ON!

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watched his Youtube videos about the "giants that ruled Egypt"... wow you weren't kidding about him being a troll. Crazy litte fellow he is.
It kind of makes me wonder why I even bother here. I guess lately it's entertainment value in some way. Or that there are people reading who might be helped by exposing the hypocrisy, deceit and extremism of those Muslims claiming to speak for Islam.

I also enjoy reading posts like yours who come from a frame of knowledge and experience.

Since: Feb 13

Prince George, Canada

#19 Feb 2, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
It kind of makes me wonder why I even bother here. I guess lately it's entertainment value in some way. Or that there are people reading who might be helped by exposing the hypocrisy, deceit and extremism of those Muslims claiming to speak for Islam.
I also enjoy reading posts like yours who come from a frame of knowledge and experience.
It is likewish a pleasure reading your own posts.

And it is indeed refreshing to know that at least some Muslims can be helped (even if it is hard picking them out from a batch like these crazies that inhabit the internet).

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
Mind telling us who you were a few years ago?

“Alea iacta est!”

Oh it's ON!

#21 Feb 2, 2013
Ex Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
It is likewish a pleasure reading your own posts.
And it is indeed refreshing to know that at least some Muslims can be helped (even if it is hard picking them out from a batch like these crazies that inhabit the internet).
awww Thank you, Sweetie!

I guess you're right, who knows how many Muslims might be helped who are reading here. We never know!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gingrich: U.S. 'losing the war' with radical Islam 7 min barefoot2626 103
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 16 min Lena 403,310
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 28 min Shamma 209,536
I'm muslim. I'm having doubts about Islam 30 min zxw 404
in one word..allah n Mohammed 40 min fabio 1
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr Dak-Original 53,648
TF: Jeb ? NO MORE BUSHES in the WHITE HOUSE 1 hr naman 8
More from around the web