Where Does Halloween Come From?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#65 Oct 2, 2008
victoria wrote:
<quoted text>It was orginally a pagan ritual which the christians took to celebrate the birth of jesus christ i cant beleive you didnt know what christmas meant
Victoria ... this person knows what it means .. this person is just trying to get us to say different things ...

WHO2 .. is just like LOVE ... trying to get us to fight amoungst each other .. but it totally backfires every single time... cause we all have the same answer just sometimes written in a different way ... you will notice Love does this .. wont answer questions to it .. but finds someone elses reply to a topic and goes from there ..
But I agree with you ...!!!!

“American infidel”

Since: Sep 07

Melbourne, FL

#67 Oct 3, 2008
who2 wrote:
Why the so-called Christians follow such ideology?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-r13CP387scXX
It reminds me of Islam little creepy people shaking down good folks for treats under threat of terrorism.

“Peace is Islam”

Since: Mar 07

Waterloo, Canada

#68 Oct 3, 2008
victoria wrote:
<quoted text>It was orginally a pagan ritual which the christians took to celebrate the birth of jesus christ i cant beleive you didnt know what christmas meant
I can't believe that you think Jesus was born 25th of December.

Check your facts again...

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#69 Oct 3, 2008
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
nice try at deflection. you cannot argue the points so you try to throw something else into the mix. it does not matter whether or not I follow jesus at this junction in time. what matters is that you are once again wrong in all of your assumptions and accusations.
if you are not Christian than my point of arguments have no relevance to you.

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#70 Oct 3, 2008
AussieChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria ... this person knows what it means .. this person is just trying to get us to say different things ...
WHO2 .. is just like LOVE ... trying to get us to fight amoungst each other .. but it totally backfires every single time... cause we all have the same answer just sometimes written in a different way ... you will notice Love does this .. wont answer questions to it .. but finds someone elses reply to a topic and goes from there ..
But I agree with you ...!!!!
Other evidence arguing against a December birth of Jesus is the Roman census recorded by Luke. "And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered... So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem..., to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son..." (Luke 2:1-7).

The Roman and Judean rulers knew that taking a census in winter would have been impractical and unpopular. Generally a census would take place after the harvest season, around September or October, when it would not seriously affect the economy, the weather was good and the roads were still dry enough to allow easy travel. According to the normal dates for the census, this would probably be the season of Christ's birth.

One author states that this census "could hardly have been at that season [December 25], however, for such a time would surely not have been chosen by the authorities for a public enrollment, which necessitated the population's traveling from all parts to their natal districts, storms and rain making journeys both unsafe and unpleasant in winter, except in specially favorable years" ("Christmas at Bethlehem," Holy-Days and Holidays, Cunningham Geikie).

Luke's account of the census argues strongly against a December date for Christ's birth. For such an agrarian society, an autumn post-harvest census was much more likely.

Also check in the article regarding "December 25 popularized" and how the early Christians never celebrated Christmas nor birth date of Christ.

http://www.new-life.net/chrtms10.htm

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#71 Oct 3, 2008
AussieChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Well funny that is what the HADDITHS ARE ... a book created by men .. from a dead man ... all stories ... of his hate, killing, raids etc ..
So you want to talk about books ... then just go righ ahead ... cause that book is paganism thru and thru .. it was worshipping Muhammad .. not Allah ... Allah didnt write the HADDITHS .. it was chinese whisper stories .. and you follow in his footsteps .. no love, no peace.. just total hatred of mankind ..
Find me one Hadith or Quranic Ayah that says to worship Mohammad(saw) and not Allah?

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#72 Oct 3, 2008
AussieChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not worshipping Halloween, they are not worshipping paganism .. they are having a fun night .. if and when they do it...
they dont worship the moon ... when as Muslims do .. its Allah .. it was the pagan moon god ... the biggest and the meanest of them all ...
So you want to talk pagan .. then go right ahead ... Just look at the flags of Islamic countries .. they have the moon cresent .. if Allah wasnt the Moon god then why do they have the cresent .. It was craved into Pagan Idols .. that symbol .. The moon god called Allah...
At least halloween is fun for kids and adults .. trick or treat ... they dont kill people ... so dont get me started on rituals, pagans etc ... as your discussion is completely off track.
They have not committed any sin whats so ever.. they dont worship pagan idols .. so get a life and live life ...
Regarding Crescent, it was founded by Ottoman Empire and gradually people accepted it as their flags. It is nothing but a sign of nationalistic ideology and has no foundation in Islam. If you would actually do a bit research on it you would find that Prophet Mohammad(saw) did not have a flag and flanked his army in the battlefield to plain white. To distinguish themselves against the enemies.
victoria

Leicester, UK

#74 Oct 3, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe that you think Jesus was born 25th of December.
Check your facts again...
I dont know if jesus was born then no-one knows exactly when he was born but we have decide whilst incorparating the pagan celebration in to the christian one to celebrate his birth at that time in reality he could have been born any time but we have decide to celebrate his birth at that time it was made we had to find a time to celebrate the pagans had a clebration in winter time because it was cold and bleak they did it to cheer themselves uo and when the christians incorperated it they obviously thought this is a good time to have christmas

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#75 Oct 3, 2008
victoria wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know if jesus was born then no-one knows exactly when he was born but we have decide whilst incorparating the pagan celebration in to the christian one to celebrate his birth at that time in reality he could have been born any time but we have decide to celebrate his birth at that time it was made we had to find a time to celebrate the pagans had a clebration in winter time because it was cold and bleak they did it to cheer themselves uo and when the christians incorperated it they obviously thought this is a good time to have christmas
Actually the Pagans did it to "cheer" their Sun God. Tell me something, are you following Pagan ways or Jesus way?

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#76 Oct 3, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Find me one Hadith or Quranic Ayah that says to worship Mohammad(saw) and not Allah?
While you are at it, find any sayings of Jesus and his claim of being God and telling you to worship him....
victoria

Leicester, UK

#77 Oct 3, 2008
neithir im agnostic due to me finding faults in all relegions no offence to anyone whatever there faith its just not for me i was bought up by two catholi pareents and some of the teachings have stayed with me but i guess i'd have to class myself as having no relegious denomination because all relegions have flaws i just try to be good person and fi there is agod of some kind i hope it realises that

“Peace is Islam”

Waterloo, Canada

#78 Oct 3, 2008
victoria wrote:
neithir im agnostic due to me finding faults in all relegions no offence to anyone whatever there faith its just not for me i was bought up by two catholi pareents and some of the teachings have stayed with me but i guess i'd have to class myself as having no relegious denomination because all relegions have flaws i just try to be good person and fi there is agod of some kind i hope it realises that
How does one determine the characteristics of a good person?
victoria

Leicester, UK

#79 Oct 3, 2008
I dont know how am i supposed to answer that i try ot be nice if people are nice o me i try to be generous i always put a few coins in any collecton box i pass i dont know i try to be fair and unbiased and admittedly im not crazy aout muslims but everyones got to have at least one vice im not perfect but i will try to be the best person i can be is that alright with you
JESUS IS

Doncaster, Australia

#81 Oct 5, 2008
SURPRISE!!!!!!! Halloween NOT pagan:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/47/story_4771_...
JESUS IS

Doncaster, Australia

#82 Oct 5, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are at it, find any sayings of Jesus and his claim of being God and telling you to worship him....
HOW JESUS IMPLIED HE WAS GOD:

The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.(John 8:57-59)

"I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (John 10:30-33)

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me does not believe in Me, but in Him who sent Me. And he who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me. I have come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in Me may not remain in darkness." (John 12:44-46)

And so when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments, and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:12-14)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say,'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)
JESUS IS

Doncaster, Australia

#83 Oct 5, 2008
HOW DID JESUS DESCRIBE HIMSELF?:

Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." They said therefore to Him, "Lord, evermore give us this bread." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:32-35)

Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life." The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You are bearing witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true; for I know where I came from, and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from, or where I am going." (John 8:12-14)

Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (John 10:7-11)

Martha therefore said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jesus said to her, "Your brother shall rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world." (John 11:21-27)
JESUS IS

Doncaster, Australia

#84 Oct 5, 2008
WHAT DID JESUS SAY HE WAS SENT TO DO?:

But Jesus called them to Himself, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:25-28)

For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, "The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later." But they did not understand this statement, and they were afraid to ask Him.(Mark 9:31-32)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)

“*-Maashallah-*”

Since: Aug 08

Birmingham,UK

#85 Oct 10, 2008
a neutral wrote:
or getting beaten by males????? is that a GREAT FUN THING afrren-and-afsan!!!!!
oh what fun!!!
okay u a rajjed!! shiah muslims beat women up sunnis dont reeli and if they du they're sinning so its their fault(the mens). on judgement day they'll beg them for forgiveness..

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#86 Oct 10, 2008
who2 wrote:
Why the so-called Christians follow such ideology?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-r13CP387scXX
Why do you care? What difference does it make to you? Is anyone forcing you to wear a witch costume and go trick-or-treating???

Goodness....

If people want to enjoy a day of fun, why should it bother you so much?

It's like a costume party and nothing more.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#87 Oct 10, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
and if I do, what will be my reward?
Try it and see..

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 41 min Nina 503,554
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Joel 256,013
HOAX 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion' (Mar '12) 3 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 361
Who cares, they are americans. (Apr '13) 3 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 37
Take Notice Of Who's Missing And Why (Apr '13) 3 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 22
Tom Fontaine.Timesten The Fake Champion Of Islam (Apr '13) 3 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 7
Brought Tom W. Up On Twitter. 3 hr MO_EATS_DUNGS 2
News 'Respect for your country is an important part ... 4 hr Frogface Kate 60
More from around the web