First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Peace is Islam”

Since: Mar 07

Canada

#1 Aug 28, 2008
Where Does Halloween Come From?

Why the so-called Christians follow such ideology?

Just Me

Diablo, CA

#2 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-r13CP387scXX
Correction: Christians don't celebrate halloween
anonymous girl

San Antonio, TX

#3 Aug 28, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't but it isn't frowned upon to go out trick or treating like it is in islam. It's a "FUN" thing to do. Don't muslims believe in doing fun things that don't involve their religon all the time? They seem to SUCK the life out of fun things to do.
Mr Giblets

India

#4 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
it isn't ideology. it is an old folk survival boosted up by the manufacturers of novelty goods. I suppose you think chucking rocks at invisible devils is sophisticated and very religious. And, mind your own business, it's OUR custom. At least we don't kill our daughters for having boyfriends.

“Peace is Islam”

Canada

#5 Aug 28, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The only religion that practice it is Christianity. Neither Judaism nor Islam accepts it. In fact, they revoke against it and claim it as devil worshiping than a "fun thing to do".

“Peace is Islam”

Canada

#6 Aug 28, 2008
Mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't ideology. it is an old folk survival boosted up by the manufacturers of novelty goods. I suppose you think chucking rocks at invisible devils is sophisticated and very religious. And, mind your own business, it's OUR custom. At least we don't kill our daughters for having boyfriends.
lol think again,

http://www.christianity-islam.com/woman.html

“Peace is Islam”

Canada

#7 Aug 28, 2008
anonymous girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't but it isn't frowned upon to go out trick or treating like it is in islam. It's a "FUN" thing to do. Don't muslims believe in doing fun things that don't involve their religon all the time? They seem to SUCK the life out of fun things to do.
History of Halloween

http://www.creatingfutures.net/halloween.html
Just Me

Diablo, CA

#8 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only religion that practice it is Christianity. Neither Judaism nor Islam accepts it. In fact, they revoke against it and claim it as devil worshiping than a "fun thing to do".
'practice' what? haloween????? I think you confuse christians with americans.

I (and most of my church members) personally don't 'celebrate' the day. Stop attributing things to christians and start talking about islamic terrorism.
debunker

Santa Clara, CA

#9 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
a little of topic isn't it?

halloween is a complicated one, the date is one of 4 fire festivals the pagans of england used to celebrate. on that evening all the fires were put out, and every village would purchase a new flame from the pagan priests

and why don't you just google it?

the church used it to bring the pagans in

it's now a stupid holiday where parents send their children out for candy and rot their teeth

it's pathetic

“Peace is Islam”

Toronto, Canada

#10 Aug 28, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
'practice' what? haloween????? I think you confuse christians with americans.
I (and most of my church members) personally don't 'celebrate' the day. Stop attributing things to christians and start talking about islamic terrorism.
lol, now Christians in America are "americans" just like Serbs were "Serbians"...

Its funny how people like you reject the ones who follow something absurd, but when they do something that is in a way marketing Christianity to less informed, they are suddenly in your books are "good" Christian.

The fact is that only Christian countries allow such paganistic rituals/holidays which also includes Christmas.
Just Me

Orinda, CA

#11 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, now Christians in America are "americans" just like Serbs were "Serbians"...
My earthly logic tells me that not all fruits are apples.
who2 wrote:
<
Its funny how people like you reject the ones who follow something absurd, but when they do something that is in a way marketing Christianity to less informed, they are suddenly in your books are "good" Christian.
The fact is that only Christian countries allow such paganistic rituals/holidays which also includes Christmas.
'marketing'? You mean displaying kindness you can't comprehend? We honor kindness from all people, be it buddhists, hindu, atheists, muslims, human... dismissing kindness as 'marketting' just shows the kind of person you are. And, what have muslims done to help muslims in recent disasters? remember tsunami, pakistan quake? not much according to my friends in indonesia.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 Aug 28, 2008
who2 wrote:
but when they do something that is in a way marketing Christianity to less informed, they are suddenly in your books are "good" Christian.
Here's an assignment. Show us some Christian missionary talking up Halloween as a Christian holiday, and I'll give you a gold star.

In all the time you've spent here, I see you haven't learned much. Try a bit harder, can't you?

“*-Maashallah-*”

Since: Aug 08

Birmingham,UK

#14 Aug 29, 2008
anonymous girl wrote:
<quoted text>
islam has more fun customs than any other religion in my opinion. wotz your idea of fun?? getting druhnk on a friday night and having a one night stand with a stranger?
a neutral

Kolkata, India

#15 Aug 29, 2008
or getting beaten by males????? is that a GREAT FUN THING afrren-and-afsan!!!!!

oh what fun!!!
THUNDER

Canada

#16 Aug 29, 2008
There is nothing wrong with Halloween!! I love Halloween and look forward to dressing up! It's the only one day of the year that you can be anything or anyone you want. Why do we have to make this fun day a big religious issue?? If it was up to me Halloween would be a statuotory holiday in this country!! Halloween forever!! And all the candy too!

“Peace is Islam”

Canada

#17 Aug 29, 2008
Miss Scooter to You wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an assignment. Show us some Christian missionary talking up Halloween as a Christian holiday, and I'll give you a gold star.
In all the time you've spent here, I see you haven't learned much. Try a bit harder, can't you?
and if I do, what will be my reward?
passerby

London, Canada

#18 Aug 29, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Halloween treats instead of tricks d'oh

“Peace is Islam”

Canada

#19 Aug 29, 2008
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
My earthly logic tells me that not all fruits are apples.
<quoted text>
'marketing'? You mean displaying kindness you can't comprehend? We honor kindness from all people, be it buddhists, hindu, atheists, muslims, human... dismissing kindness as 'marketting' just shows the kind of person you are. And, what have muslims done to help muslims in recent disasters? remember tsunami, pakistan quake? not much according to my friends in indonesia.
no, what they do is tell people what they want to hear which results in Christianity through words rather than action. Fine examples would be Halloween, Chrismas, Easter and all those pagan holidays. I have seen few Christians who attend Church every Sunday, but from their actions it seem to me that they are willing to follow what they want to but reject what they don't want to hear.

Nothing but a sign of hypocrisy emanating from their soul...
Dora

Hommelvik, Norway

#20 Aug 29, 2008
who2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are learning fast, it will be a much better life!
Alen

Swadlincote, UK

#21 Aug 29, 2008
anonymous girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims do fun stuff too, sunnis don't.
Muslims believe in sense of humor, sunnis don't.
Whn i make jokes around sunnis, they look at me like i just threw a bomb at them.

So, i wa smaking a joke about Taliban and UBLaden, so what, it was funny and some nonsunnis laughed ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Aristofanis 434,957
Is Ravenclaw okay? 1 hr Senior poster 4
Actor John Voight Lashes Out At Anti-Semite Pen... (Aug '14) 1 hr Old Pom 5
DY: can you put bag on willy for wet dream? 1 hr Prince Arthur 22
DY: if a man wee inside woman does she get an i... 1 hr Darth Yoda 21
An insight into the muslim mind 1 hr Old Pom 7
supersonic boom - reverted to Islam the truth. 1 hr Old Pom 13
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Frijoles 218,044
Egypt cannot feed itself.. 2 hr Old Pom 29
News Pamela Geller's Inaugural $10k Muhammad Art Con... 2 hr Faith 30
Dear Muslim friends 2 hr Old Pom 77
More from around the web